PDA

View Full Version : So I kinda randomly got back into ze emulation again and...(new question)

Funky Fly
02-08-2009, 02:46 AM
I need to know what the best emulators are for Dreamcast on PC, arcade on PC, Sega Master System and NES on PC.

See here's the long and tall of it: I was browsing around the torrent sites looking for the bonus CD that came with WWE The Music Vol 9. As it happens, I found it on Demonoid (big surprise) and they're mostly themes that have been released before (was looking for Mr. Perfect's theme really). AAAAAAnyway, I randomly found a torrent for like 1100 GBA games and a matching emulator. FUCK YES.

So I'm reminded that I have Neo Rage avec all the Neo Geo games a man could ever want (namely, all of them) and gens sitting around on an external hard drive somwehere. So I bust them out and finally open this SNES9x + games torrent that I got way back in October. So then I figure, I've got this sweet new computer and plenty of HDD space, so why not bust out the bigger emulators on this bitch and get to playing some sweet ass old games?

And there you have it.

So, I'd also appreciate it if someone would post that hacked up No Mercy with all the ROH and TNA and shit. Yeah.

OssMan
02-08-2009, 02:54 AM
VirtuaNES -> everything you want in an NES/famicom emulator

Fignuts
02-08-2009, 04:49 AM
So, I'd also appreciate it if someone would post that hacked up No Mercy with all the ROH and TNA and shit. Yeah.

SKADOOSH

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TUGEGZQW

Although apparently there are some videoplugins you gotta get to make this work. Dunno. But the rom file itself is the hardest thing to find, so you know, bow to my greatness and all that.

Boomer
02-08-2009, 08:26 AM
NullDC is best DC emulator I've used, though I've only tried to run MvC2 on it.

MAME will always be the best arcade emulator. There is no substitute.

Fusion and Gens are your best bet for Genesis. I remember not liking Fusion that much, but can't remember why.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/ has a pretty good list of everything and a decent rating system to go along with it. I always check there when I forget what emulators to get.

Funky Fly
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
VirtuaNES -> everything you want in an NES/famicom emulator

SKADOOSH

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TUGEGZQW

Although apparently there are some videoplugins you gotta get to make this work. Dunno. But the rom file itself is the hardest thing to find, so you know, bow to my greatness and all that.

NullDC is best DC emulator I've used, though I've only tried to run MvC2 on it.

MAME will always be the best arcade emulator. There is no substitute.

Fusion and Gens are your best bet for Genesis. I remember not liking Fusion that much, but can't remember why.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/ has a pretty good list of everything and a decent rating system to go along with it. I always check there when I forget what emulators to get.
BOOSH! :y:

Thanks guys

OssMan
02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Get a Wii and then you can play all of this on there :-\

Funky Fly
02-08-2009, 03:56 PM
My brothers have a Wii. It died.

Funky Fly
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
K, got a question about PS1 emulation. Actually, it's more also burned PS1 games...

Can you just burn a PS1 ISO to disc and pop it into a PS1 (or a PS2 for that matter)? Or do you need a mod chip? I mean I know PS2 games need a mod chip, but can you play burned PS1 games on a PS2 without a chip?

Also, if not someone tell me all about PS1 emulation and what I need to do it.

Just John
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
This thread is making me crave some old GBC games. Anyone suggest a decent emulator and/or some classic games I've probably forgotten?

Funky Fly
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/35295309/gba+2800?tab=summary

Those are GBA games, but the emulator plays GBC games too.

Just John
02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Niiiiiice, cheers Funky

Boomer
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
K, got a question about PS1 emulation. Actually, it's more also burned PS1 games...

Can you just burn a PS1 ISO to disc and pop it into a PS1 (or a PS2 for that matter)? Or do you need a mod chip? I mean I know PS2 games need a mod chip, but can you play burned PS1 games on a PS2 without a chip?

Also, if not someone tell me all about PS1 emulation and what I need to do it.

You need a modchip or professional boot disc for a PS1 to play backups. PS2 would need a modchip to play PS1...the PS1 boot discs wouldn't work.

PS1 emulation is nearly perfect at this point. ePSXe is the way to go, and your best bet is probaly just picking up a torrent that has all the plugins and bios you need. It's fairly simple after that.

Any other questions, just shoot them my way.

G
02-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Speaking of emulation, you still thinking of picking up the flashcarts for DS?

Funky Fly
02-12-2009, 01:32 AM
You need a modchip or professional boot disc for a PS1 to play backups. PS2 would need a modchip to play PS1...the PS1 boot discs wouldn't work.

PS1 emulation is nearly perfect at this point. ePSXe is the way to go, and your best bet is probaly just picking up a torrent that has all the plugins and bios you need. It's fairly simple after that.

Any other questions, just shoot them my way.
K, I went to d/l at Tekken 3 and there are like 10 ISO files... wtf do I do?
Speaking of emulation, you still thinking of picking up the flashcarts for DS?

Hell yeah. Def gonna get those.

The Mask
02-12-2009, 01:48 AM
playing emulated shenmue would be amazing. especially if there was a mod that meant you didn't have to spend fucking ages training your moves up in a parking lot and could just concentrate on the story.

also if there was a way to play no mercy with people over the internet, i would cream my pants. and beat you all.

Boomer
02-12-2009, 01:50 AM
What do you mean exactly? There is an ePSXe CDVD plugin that can read ISOs, so you don't have to burn anything. I can't tell if you mean that the download is 10 files or that there are 10 different torrents with Tekken 3.

Boomer
02-12-2009, 01:52 AM
playing emulated shenmue would be amazing. especially if there was a mod that meant you didn't have to spend fucking ages training your moves up in a parking lot and could just concentrate on the story.

also if there was a way to play no mercy with people over the internet, i would cream my pants. and beat you all.

nullDC can definitely emulate Shenmue perfectly. As for not spending ages training your moves...maybe don't set a frame limit in hopes that the game will run twice as fast? I'm probably just talking nerd here.

Funky Fly
02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
What do you mean exactly? There is an ePSXe CDVD plugin that can read ISOs, so you don't have to burn anything. I can't tell if you mean that the download is 10 files or that there are 10 different torrents with Tekken 3.

Yeah, there's 10 files

Boomer
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I would presume that was a set of .rar archives, which extract to create the iso. WinRAR or another .rar compatible program would be all you need there. That's how most scene-released games are sent out.

There should only be 1-3 files for an image...it's just like any PC image. It all depends on who ripped it.

If there are seriously 10 .iso files, you would have to point me in the direction of the torrent you were talking about. Thats the easiest way for me to tell you if you are heading in the right direction.

Funky Fly
02-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Not a torrent, a direct d/l from emuparadise.org. I know torrents are frequently split up like that, but I had to d/l each piece separately so I wasn't sure. Really fumbling in the dark here with this.

Boomer
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah emuparadise works just the same. Get all the files and extract the .bin. All you will have to do is hit Run ISO in ePSXe and it should work just fine.

The only other big hurdle is the typical emulation hurdle: getting the visuals to look right and run well. Sound as well, but that takes a lot less tweaking.