PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Paul London

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Apparently Paul London will be returning to PWG. I'm not sure who is opponent is meant to be, but it's got to be the most interested I've been in PWG for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love their style -- the light-hearted approach they take to the business -- they've just been a mess lately.

I've got to be honest, I don't know where I'd go if I was Paul London, after this PWG appearance, though. TNA has got to be interested in the guy. London is a fantastic worker, and a damn fun high-flyer. In my opinion, he's better than Evan Bourne, who the WWE were pushing really well before his injury, and are likely to push again when he returns from it.

Let's say Paul London does sign with TNA: I cannot see him not becoming an X-Division Champion. I also cannot see him providing that division with the same sort of stability that AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe once gave it. Sure, it takes more than one guy to make a division, but with some of the other guys floating around in there (namely Alex Shelley), I think it would be a refreshing thing for TNA to do. Also the idea of a Kurt Angle vs. Paul London match gets me wet.

Ring of Honor would also be looking to sign one of their favourites back, too, you have to imagine. With ROH getting the TV deal, it's moving on up in the world, and a guy who really loved working with the company would not exactly be an idiot to go back there. Sure, they are getting a bit crowded, and have to work some stuff out, but they'll always be a home for Paul London in ROH, and one has to be believe that his journey there would lead to a ROH World Championship.

There's also the possibility of working in Japan, or other places internationally. With his WWE experience, there would be a lot of people willing to pay for Paul London. Especially considering the styles he can work. I could easily see a Japanese company willing to throw quite a bit of money at London, and really market him as a star gaijin within (at least) their Junior Heavyweight division.

So just some random Paul London questions:

1) If you were Paul London, where would you go with your career now?

2) Does Paul London have a better Shooting Star Press than Evan Bourne?

3) Will London one day get another shot in the WWE?

And hey, at least the man can poke fun at his current ██████████

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=451847128&albumID=531897&imageID=2659537 http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=451847128&albumID=531897&imageID=2661283 http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=451847128&albumID=531897&imageID=2660540

Xero
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Let's not and say we did.

Xero
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Noid: :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Ew.

BigDaddyCool
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Shut up noid.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
1) If you were Paul London, where would you go with your career now?

Taxidermy

2) Does Paul London have a better Shooting Star Press than Evan Bourne?

No

3) Will London one day get another shot in the WWE?

No

BigDaddyCool
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
London does a better SSP than Brock Lesnar and Billy Kidman.

Heros Welcome
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
1) If London does indeed have that fire again, I say go back to where it all began. ROH would welcome him back with open arms. There's so many matches people would love to see. London/Dragon, London/Nigel, London/Aries, London/Genreico, London/Black etc. He would come in and be a top player right away.

2) As much as I like London, nobody can top Bourne`s SSP

3) Right now I say no chance. But if he were to go to ROH and bust his ass and put on great matches I don't see why the E wouldn't come calling again. It happened to Noble. So ya never know.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
1) If London does indeed have that fire again, I say go back to where it all began. ROH would welcome him back with open arms. There's so many matches people would love to see. London/Dragon, London/Nigel, London/Aries, London/Genreico, London/Black etc. He would come in and be a top player right away.

2) As much as I like London, nobody can top Bourne`s SSP

3) Right now I say no chance. But if he were to go to ROH and bust his ass and put on great matches I don't see why the E wouldn't come calling again. It happened to Noble. So ya never know.

I actually believe Jamie Noble asked for his release from the WWE. He tested positive for steroids, and the WWE sat him down for a talk about it, and Noble said that it wasn't fair he was still employed, and he went off overseas and to ROH. At least, that's what I read.

The thing holding London back in the WWE was reportedly his attitude. Perhaps some time in Japan would help that? While he has worked over there, has London spent a considerable amount of time touring that region? I think if London wants to go back to the WWE (and he may very well not want to), some time in Japan would be the best thing for him.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Also, I'm sorry, but I definitely think Paul London's SSP is better than Evan Bourne's. The way he elegantly tucks in and out of it is pretty sweet. I think Bourne has a better head for the game right now, and that the rest of his moveset naturally translated to the WWE a lot better, but I don't think he's a better flyer than London.

Dorkchop
02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Maybe London's attitude is a result of him being told to not do the moves that got him over. I'd be pretty upset if I could pull off some pretty sweet moves, steal the show every now and then, but was told to be more generic. Maybe he's just an ass and would have still gotten in as much trouble as he did if he was allowed to work how he wanted. I don't even believe internet rumors... unless Ryan Clark is posting about them. That man posts nothing but 100% honesty. KELLY KELLY NIPPLE SLIP. OMG WHAT HAPPENED?

If WWE sign someone with the ability to do things differently and better than the rest of their roster, they should let them use that ability. WWE would be so much more entertaining if they had different types of workers other than "that one small guy who sometimes jumps" and "the 500 lbs dude who runs through opponents".

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Believe me, I wish London was allowed to use his offense. Look at The Hardy Boyz: Neither Matt nor Jeff was particularly good when they signed with the company, and neither could cut a promo for shit. Matt Hardy is now a ring general, with the ability to cut a good promo when he needs to, and Jeff Hardy now has some substance to his style, and has his moments on the mic, but they were both spot monkeys during their tag team career.

Paul London has always been more than a spot monkey. He's in great physical shape, has an amateur background, understands plotting of a match, can wrestle on the mat perhaps even better than he can fly, and from what I've seen, is not someone that should explicitly be kept away from a mic.

I'm also going to say that I think Paul London is more physically attractive than either Hardy. Pretty much exactly what I said about Paul London can be applied to Brian Kendrick (except for the amateur background, I believe). Why Paul London & Brian Kendrick did not hit higher peaks as a tag team is beyond me. I think the WWE lost out of a fair bit of potential revenue because of this.

London is a victim of politics. There is no doubt about it. Whether London made himself an easy target or not, we will never know, but when you look at the stuff he could do but wasn't allowed to, and then see what a guy like Evan Bourne is doing, it's pretty sad to think what could have been.

The Optimist
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Politics, also laziness.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Politics, also laziness.

LOL! I remember Vermaat.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Can I just say that I really want to see a Kurt Angle vs. Paul London match. Whether it is in TNA, and a one-time free match on iMPACT!, or whether Angle goes bonkers, and tries to turn ROH into the #1 wrestling promotion in the world in a year, and wrestles London there. I just really want to see that match.

The Mackem
02-11-2009, 04:55 AM
I think he should stay away from TNA. What gets me is that all of these talented performers that for years are said to be on the verge of greatness, have these attitude problems. Seriously, what gives with them all?

Dave Youell
02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
London Vs Dragon is happening in the UK in June I think in Portsmouth :D

If I were Paul, I'd do the option that gave me the most money

That's basically what it's all about people

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
London Vs Dragon is happening in the UK in June I think in Portsmouth :D

If I were Paul, I'd do the option that gave me the most money

That's basically what it's all about people

That match has to got find its way onto YouTube, Dave. It has to.

I do agree with what you're saying about London going where the money is. I'd be curious as to how this HDNet deal with ROH is going to go, if I were London, however.

I'd maybe think about doing a tour of Japan, and then re-thinking my options.

Dorkchop
02-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Speaking of Paul London... I just signed into My Space through their home page (Myspace.com) and this was what I was immediately redirected to as soon as I successfully signed in:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=451847128&albumID=531897&imageID=2661283

Choviko Man
02-11-2009, 02:54 PM
paul london is a laughings where he should nots had it.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Paul London and Bryan Danielson should be the stars of the new ROH show.

Afterlife
02-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I'd hit it.

GD
02-14-2009, 05:48 AM
http://www.tpww.net/2009/02/a-must-read-paul-london-interview-lashes-out-at-everyone/

Chavo Classic
02-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Wow, Paul London sounds like a child.

Krimzon7
02-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Paul London to ROH is good. He can legit help the promotion jump to National Television. It will also be sweet to see him with his full move set again.

Fignuts
02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah, definitely came off like a bitter, immature fuck, right there.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, definitely came off like a bitter, immature fuck, right there.

Seriously.

Dorkchop
02-14-2009, 01:59 PM
He comes across as a huge dick in that interview.

Jackshouse
02-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Read the interview before I found this thread. Must admit I've never really been the biggest Paul London fan. Nothing really wrong with him, he's just always fallen slightly off my radar, but I'm even less inclined to care about someone who sounds as though he's essentially trying to make an even bigger name for himself by shitting on everyone

Vastardikai
02-14-2009, 04:40 PM
London < Matt Hardy.

At least Hardy can say he used the internet to make himself over with casual fans.

thedamndest
02-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I am now on the Paul London train.

Volare
02-14-2009, 11:45 PM
paul london is a laughings where he should nots had it.

Someone get this person a damn dictionary, and proper typing/language skills!

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2009, 01:34 AM
I saw that interview with Paul London, and while he does sound bitter as fuck, and he burns some serious bridges, I do appreciate three things about the interview:

1) Paul London obviously hated his time in the WWE. He hated that his moves were banned, he hated a lot of the guys he had to work with, fuck, he even hated his theme music. London obviously does not want to go back, because it was such an exhausting and draining experience for him.

And don't say "boo-hoo, he got paid to live so many guys' dream." London is one of the more talented guys out there, and he really is an artist. When an artist is told he can't do this, he can't do that, and he can't be better than this guy over here, it pisses you off. I've been in situations like that before in my life, and even if they gave me a bigger paycheck to come back, I probably wouldn't, just because it was so limiting creatively.

London is obviously at a stage where he wants to express himself creatively in the ring, and he was suffocating in the WWE. You can tell by the way there were rumours that London was going to take a break from the business, and his little comment "the less wrestling related the better" in his interview, that his WWE experience just took so much away from him.

2) That was one of the most revealing interviews I have ever listened to. Granted, I don't listen to many, but London seems to be doing an honesty and revealing thing. It's a "no secrets" type of thing, and I think he might be aiming to use that to instantly re-solidify himself as an indie guy. The "ex-WWE" thing can haunt guys, but London seems to be trying to wash himself of that completely, just so he can not be remembered for being a little guy there, and go back to being the phenom he was in ROH before being plucked out.

3) He will not be returning to the WWE anytime soon.

Afterlife
02-15-2009, 08:50 AM
You know what? I actually loved that interview.