PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who's gone from TNA ***TNA IMPACT SPOILERS...YEA, LIKE YOU WATCH IT ANYWAY***

JT
02-10-2009, 08:46 PM
From Rajah.com

Petey Williams lost a "loser leaves town" match at tonight's Impact taping in Orlando, Florida, which is scheduled to air next week. Williams is legitimately finished with the company as he is being released.

Guess no more Canadian Destroyers in TNA.

Juan
02-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Cool.

Anybody Thrilla
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
SPOILER WARNING, ASSHOLE!

Anyway, he's not too bad. He probably won't get signed by WWE, though.

Impact!
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
That's actually very weird...

Anybody Thrilla
02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, he was just in a PPV match on Sunday.

Juan
02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Never been a big fan of the guy. I agree with AT, I doubt he'll end up in the E.

Dorkchop
02-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I was never a Petey Williams fan, but he's the kind of guy you want in your mid card - upper mid card. Up until a few months ago I actually enjoyed watching Impact (for the most part). The awesome things are few and far between and still don't make up for the terrible booking, angles, and story lines lately. Sucks that TNA are wasting away a lot of their talent.

Somehow Sting has managed to be one of the most consistently entertaining thing about that company. It

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Apparently Lance Rock (aka Lance Hoyt) has also been released from his TNA contract. While that doesn't shock me, the release of Petey Williams certainly does. I've got to think this is a mutual decision of some sort.

Williams is a solid talent. While there was nothing too special about him, there was never anything offensive about him, and there's no reason he could not have had a good home in the X-Division, or working the occasional main event match when there is no one better.

If I were the WWE, I'd give him a look. He's a solid talent, and could easily fill a Jamie Noble-type role, or play an underdog face character. But if I were Williams, I'd think more about trying out for ROH, since they are apparently looking for fresh talent.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
TNA really does need to clean up its roster, though.

Fox
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh man, he'll be perfect for the WWE Cruiserweight Division...

Shit.

Still though, I'd bring him into WWE to be a sort of "specialty" wrestler on ECW, making him a bit of a spectacle with his Canadian Destroyer finish. Petey vs. Evan Bourne could be very great. Plus, there aren't any flag waving Canadian/foreign heel characters in the WWE right now, and in this country that's always an easy over.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Williams has got more than the Canadian Destroyer. That slingshot hurricanrana from inside the ring to out, the sharpshooter, and the Canadian tree of woe are enough to start to get him over. Williams working with Jamie Noble on ECW seems like a good idea to me.

Shadow
02-10-2009, 09:43 PM
That's...a shocker actually. I figured he was TNA4Life.

.44 Magdalene
02-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Williams has got more than the Canadian Destroyer. He has the running Canadian Destroyer, the toprope Canadian Destroyer, the armbar, the standing Canadian Destroyer

screech
02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Damn this sucks. I like Petey, for more than just the Canadian Destroyer. I've always thought he's been good in the ring, and his mic work is decent. I'd like to see him in WWE, but he probably wouldn't do a damn thing.

Xerzes
02-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Huh. Weird. Fuck Lance Hoyt, but Petey? Really? Yeah, figured he'd be in TNA and being moderately entertaining forever.

Skippord
02-11-2009, 02:53 AM
I liked Petey when he wasn't mini steiner

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah, the mini-Steiner thing was kind of lame. Especially when he kept doing it after Steiner had beat him up and tossed him aside. I never got that bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing WWE version of "Team Canada" in the WWE. Maybe not even a pro-Canadian stable, but just one with a lot of Canadians in it: Christian, Tyson Kidd, Petey Williams, Natalya Neidhart -- for example.

screech
02-11-2009, 08:17 AM
I liked Petey when he wasn't mini steiner

Agreed. I preferred The Definition of Definition.

Anybody Thrilla
02-11-2009, 11:00 AM
"Maple Leaf Muscle" is a fine nickname as well.

Blitz
02-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Good. He can use the blow to the ego.

JT
02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Update from Rajah.com...

"-- As we reported yesterday, Petey Williams and Lance "Rock" Hoyt have been released from TNA Wrestling. There was no backstage heat on Williams or Hoyt. In fact, Williams has a reputation of being one of the most willing and capable stars in TNA. The reason they were released is that TNA is looking to freshen up the roster by clearing out undercard talent and bringing in some fresh faces. More releases are expected soon."

...yeaaaaaa...

When you want to freshen up a roster, you get rid of guys like Scott Steiner, not Petey Williams.

JT
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
BTW, I'm not the biggest Petey Williams fan, I'm just saying. A fast paces, easy going high flyer who is willing to do anything for the company (Petey Williams) is less valuable then a slow, ill-tempered, injury ridden wrestler who they don't even want wrestling that much anymore anyway (Scott Steiner).

I guess the executive board of TNA never learned the lesson of "Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it." I say this because they seem to repeat every mistake WCW did till their final days. They hire past their prime name value talent, and let them bury future talent for the company. On top of that they always reach for over-the-top angles rather then well built, intriguing storylines. Seriously, this company should have been out of business 2 years ago...they're only alive out of luck.

Anybody Thrilla
02-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Why don't they get rid of some of those silly Knockouts like Sojo, Roxxi, Christy Hemme, Rhaka Kahn, etc.? Or maybe Shane Sewell, Brutus Magnus, or Jimmy Rave to name a few?

Hanso Amore
02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, WTF.

Petey had been one of their top guys a few years ago. He should have been used better

Fresh does not equal better

Nicky Fives
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
ROH here he comes.... there's no way Vince will hire him.... he's much too small for Vince's standards.... as awesome as it would be.....seeing an all canadian stable in WWE again... I can't see it happening....

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Jimmy Rave has also been cut, I believe. There were rumours going around backstage that Eric Young had been released, but those turned out to be false. Apparently Russo's booking is confusing people. Big fucking surprise.

While I don't like to suggest anyone loses a paycheck, I do not understand why Kip James is still on the roster.

CSL
02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I can see Williams getting picked up by the E. And he'll probably be more over/successful/develop more of a character in his 2-3 month run on Smackdown before getting released than he ever did/was given/allowed to in his whole time in TNA

hb2k
02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
There's about 2 guys in the company he can do his finisher on, and without that move, I really don't think he's that special.

Funky Fly
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM
He can do his finisher on just about any midsize guy... since the guy taking the move does all the work.

XL
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Maybe they could bring him in as a "Mini Christian" :shifty:

I can see why Rock and Rave were let go - I've never been interested in either. I could make cases for guys like Kip James, half the Knockouts, even Team 3D, but I feel Williams was an assest. He should have been elevated as part of the MEM v Frontline fued, Instead they lumped the veteran Team 3D in there.

In fact, don't get me started on how that fued went. It had so much potential to create legitimate homegrown stars, instead it ended up as New Blood v Millionaires Club: Part Deux...as 90% of people expected it to.

Haze
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Update from Rajah.com...

"-- As we reported yesterday, Petey Williams and Lance "Rock" Hoyt have been released from TNA Wrestling. There was no backstage heat on Williams or Hoyt. In fact, Williams has a reputation of being one of the most willing and capable stars in TNA. The reason they were released is that TNA is looking to freshen up the roster by clearing out undercard talent and bringing in some fresh faces. More releases are expected soon."

...yeaaaaaa...

When you want to freshen up a roster, you get rid of guys like Scott Steiner, not Petey Williams.

I am willing to bet money that we will see some of the recently released WWE stars fill in those spots.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Apparently TNA was not too interested in them...but then I read they are considering bringing Stevie Richards in. Who wants to place a bet that he'll be the new champion of The Frontline?

Xerzes
02-13-2009, 03:38 AM
The back of Stevie Richards' head was on Impact last night.

Krimzon7
02-13-2009, 10:03 AM
So we cut Petey WIlliams for Stevie Richards....That makes absolutely no sense.

screech
02-13-2009, 10:10 AM
So we cut Petey WIlliams for Stevie Richards....That makes absolutely no sense.

This is TNA. Everything makes perfect sense and is good for the company.

BigDaddyCool
02-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Besides for the Canadian Destorier, he was fairly run of the mill.

Krimzon7
02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
ok, I can understand that he's pretty much run of the mill, but isn't stevie richards? Petey's younger, right? so why go acquire somebody with lateral talent, and is older than stick with your current investment?

Damn this job!

BigDaddyCool
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh, I missed that, yeah Stevie's name value is no better than Petey's. I mean old broken wrestler that was best known as Raven's lackey and the RTC guy or young wrestler that could still be a breakout guy. Don't make sence, but that is TNA's game plan.

Triple Naitch
02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Why's everybody knocking Stevie Richards?

He'll show you. You'll see. :shifty:

BigDaddyCool
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
If by knocking Stevie you mean mentioning his place in wrestling...

Krimzon7
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Yeah, his best days are behind him. meh.

Vastardikai
02-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I'd act shocked, but this is consistent with everything TNA has ever done.

Volare
02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Velocity/Heat > TNA

Batsu
02-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Ugh. I hope to never see him in WWE; WWE and their "everyone gets the Complete Shot/Reverse STO" movesets, and disdain for "undersized" wrestlers. Nope.

He wasn't really burning up the spot, but people tuned in to the see the Canadian Destroyer.

Legend Killer
02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
He was boring to watch, all except his finisher.