PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! this week was pretty good *Spoilers, as Australia gets it early*

Mr. Nerfect
02-13-2009, 08:08 AM
I really enjoy Big Show as a face character. The opening segment with Vickie Guerrero and Edge was pretty enjoyable. A whole lot of nothing in the long-term, but enjoyable. It seems the WWE are trying to imply that Big Show fucked Vickie. Um, ew. By the way, Vickie Guerrero's heat is EPIC.

Chavo Guerrero's white tights are awesome. His match with MVP was really good, too. JR hinted that Chavo is after the US Title, as well, which leads me to believe a Triple Threat between Chavo, MVP and Shelton Benjamin will be coming. That will be awesome.

The backstage segment with Carlito, Primo, John Morrison & The Miz was pretty funny stuff. That Bella who wanted The Colons and Mizorrison to fight over them looked like such a slut, though. The match between the two teams was fantastic, and it's so refreshing to see good tag team wrestling. While John Morrison would be a fantastic edition to a Money in the Bank Ladder Match, I can see him being left out this year to work some sort of match with The Miz against the WWE Tag Team Champions, possibly in some sort of match for both sets of titles.

Jeff Hardy's promo was not as awful as it could have been. The music during this Hardy stuff is still really weird, but I'm looking forward to their inevitable match at WrestleMania. The WWE is treating it like a major program, which is good.

Michelle McCool looks so skinny, and I pretty much cannot stand her. Her Brazilian Heel Hook submission finisher is now called the MAD-T, for anyone who cares. It stands for "Make A Diva Tap." She's OK in the ring, I guess, but I just don't care. That division needed some matches between Natalya and Gail Kim, to be honest. It also needs Victoria back. Some Katie Lea and Alicia Fox wouldn't hurt, either.

Ezekiel Jackson and R-Truth actually had some really good chemistry. I was surprised. I guess someone that's been in the game as long as R-Truth should be able to surprise once in a while, though. I wouldn't have put it past them to have the match rehearsed and stuff, as well, but neither man looked exposed or awful here. R-Truth needs a tag team partner to face Kendrick & Jackson at the same time.

The main event was not horrible. I lose interest in the main events most of the time, but this was really well done. The idea of the match being stopped when Edge interfered is ridiculous, though. It's meant to be no disqualification in these sort of things. They should have had Edge lay everyone out, and then just cut the show as Edge was celebrating as the referee had a bitch-fit at him.

Krimzon7
02-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Vickie Draws heat like none other! It is amazing.

RatedGSuperstar
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
There's some streams out there already playing the version that aired on Australia, with no commercials. http://livewrestling-hd.com/ is one with pretty good quality.

The In Crowd/Colons/Bellas segment was gold.

Morrison: See you in the ring, colons.
Carlito: Hey, that's Colons! With a accent on the O!

:lol:

BigDaddyCool
02-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm assuming this is the one that will be airing 2/13/09? Was Christian mentioned on how he returned to ECW?

BigDaddyCool
02-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Further more, if he was mentioned, how much time was it given? Was it just a, "Oh yeah, Christian returned to ECW," or did they make a big deal out of it. Be honest.

RGWhat316
02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Michelle McCool looks so skinny, and I pretty much cannot stand her. Her Brazilian Heel Hook submission finisher is now called the MAD-T, for anyone who cares. It stands for "Make A Diva Tap." She's OK in the ring, I guess, but I just don't care. That division needed some matches between Natalya and Gail Kim, to be honest. It also needs Victoria back. Some Katie Lea and Alicia Fox wouldn't hurt, either.

I know exactly what you are saying when it comes to Michelle. Actually me and a buddy of mine have started calling her "noodle arms" since she is so skinny and the fact that her beatdowns just don't look believeable considering her size.

Vastardikai
02-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Why can't a Brazillian Heel Hook be called, I dunno, a "Brazillian Heel Hook."

Though technically a Heel Hook is more of a Catch hold...

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Further more, if he was mentioned, how much time was it given? Was it just a, "Oh yeah, Christian returned to ECW," or did they make a big deal out of it. Be honest.

To be honest, I don't think it was mentioned at all.

Jackshouse
02-15-2009, 02:25 AM
I missed the last half an hour or so of Smackdown. Recorded it on Sky+ but Sky Sports ran 45 minutes over with their coverage of the tennis so I seemed to miss the latter half of the show.

What I did see was darn good though.

The Edge/Vickie/Show segment was superb, the MVP/Chavo match was as entertaining as you could hope for and the champs v champs tag match was great stuff. Like somebody else said above, I can see a unification match taking place for the tag straps, likely with Miz & Morrison walking away with all the gold and continuing to travel all three brands as they do now,

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2009, 02:33 AM
The date segment they do next week with Morrison & The Miz and The Colons will no doubt be hilarious stuff. This is probably the most underrated program in the WWE right now. It's slipping under so many people's radars.

Anybody Thrilla
02-16-2009, 05:24 PM
The In Crowd vs. The Colons was a seriously awesome match. I watched it three times because I am a dork.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2009, 07:10 AM
I watched it twice, Thrilla, so you're not alone in that dork department.

I'm actually looking forward to The Colons dressing up as the waiters in the restaurant, or whatever silly skit the WWE decides to do with these guys on SmackDown!, because I know it will be awesome.

John Morrison & The Miz have really been earning their stripes since they've been touring all three brands, and adding to them all.