PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (02/20) *Spoilers*

Juan
02-18-2009, 12:59 AM
SmackDown: (Airing This Week)
* Edge opens SmackDown by cutting a promo about being a winner. Jeff Hardy interrupts him putting himself over and insulting Vickie Guerrero. Jeff then hits Edge with Twist of Fate and leaves.

* Vickie announces that Jeff Hardy will take on Edge tonight in a non-title match.

* Michelle McCool & Maryse b. Eve & Maria
- Michelle gets the win via pinfall on Eve and knocking her off the top rope.

* A video clip from The Miz & John Morrison's date with The Bella Twins is shown. The Colons go undercover as waiters but end up pieing the twins.

* MVP & R-Truth b. Shelton Benjamin & Chavo Guerrero
- R-Truth gets attacked before the match begins, making it a handicap match. Chavo Guerrero turns on Shelton and MVP hits the Drive By for the win.

* Triple H is interviewed.

* Carlito & Primo Colon vs. The Miz & John Morrison for the WWE Tag Team Championship is announced for next week.

* Umaga b. Scotty Goldman in a squash match.
- After the match, Vickie says to restart it. Goldman has a petrified look on his face. Umaga gets a pop from the crowd.

* Vickie Guerrero comes out to a ton of heat. They have to turn up her mic. She says that neither Shawn Michaels nor JBL should face The Undertaker. Vladimir Kozlov comes out. There is so much heat it is hard to understand what it goes on. It appears Kozlov is challenging the winner of Shawn Michaels vs. JBL.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Edge
- Edge controls most of the match. Hardy hits his signatures. Twist of Fate countered into an Edge O' Matic. Jeff connects with a Swanton Bomb. Matt Hardy comes out and interferes. He hits Twist of Fate on Jeff. The referee ends the match in disqualification. Matt gets on the mic and says he wants Jeff one-on-one next week. Edge spears Jeff and poses to take SmackDown off the air.

I promised myself I wouldn't read the Smackdown spoilers this week, but I just couldn't help myself.

James Steele
02-18-2009, 01:39 AM
That sounds really good, I wish I had MyNetworkTV here at college. What pisses me off about that is that we have 2 TheCWs.

Juan
02-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Also, Noid called it. The colons dressed up as waiters lol

Kane86
02-18-2009, 01:45 AM
The should do Shawn Micheals vs Umaga as one of the matches for the tournamanet so to speak to face the Undertaker at Wrestletmaina. The could give us couple good build up matches towards. Well most likely Kozlov will fail his match. But thats besides the point the should do some kind of a build up towards it. It would be worth a watch. Does anyone think it would be any good if they did a little build up towards it?

Juan
02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Another brilliant post.

ddpBANG
02-18-2009, 03:03 AM
They taped 2 shows tonight...

GD
02-18-2009, 03:40 AM
I am looking forward to the title match between the Colons and Miz & Morrison.

ddpBANG
02-18-2009, 03:42 AM
I am looking forward to the title match between the Colons and Miz & Morrison.
I won't spoil it for ya then. ;)

GD
02-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Wait a minute did they do a double taping?

ddpBANG
02-18-2009, 03:59 AM
They taped 2 shows tonight...

Wait a minute did they do a double taping?

Nah. :p

Juan
02-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Yeah, but I can't find the results for next weeks show anywhere.

GD
02-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Nah. :p

:lol: Happens.

ddpBANG
02-18-2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah, but I can't find the results for next weeks show anywhere.
These aren't gonna be great because my full attention wasn't on the show.

Smackdown! pyro goes off and the show starts.

Cena comes out and cuts a brief promo on Edge. Edge and Vickie come out. Vickie says that Edge won't be competing tonight. But since Cena came to Smackdown she was gonna give him a match. She books Cena vs. Big Show for later.

Tag Championship Match
the Colons vs. Miz/Morrison
Pretty back and forth match with some spots in and outside the ring. The Bellas come out mid-match and stand by the side of the ring. End of the match sees Primo dive through the ropes to the outside on Miz. Morrison goes for the Moonlight Drive but it gets reversed into the Back Stabber. Winners and still champs: The Colons who then leave with the Bellas

Cena vs. Big Show
Show pretty much dominates the match. Cena gets in some come back offense but it gets turned around on him. End of the match sees Edge come to ring side and kinda distract Cena. Show hits the knockout punch and then the Showstopper.

Kozlov vs. Taker
Don't really remember much about this match. Taker put up most of the offense, I think. The end sees Taker go for the Old School but gets pulled off the rope into a powerslam for the 3 count.

Matt vs. Jeff
Matt comes out and stands in the ring. Jeff's music hits and he comes out, but he's in street clothes. Matt cuts a whiny promo about how he's the better wrestler. Jeff tells him he isn't gonna fight tonight or ever. Matt begs Jeff to fight him but Jeff won't have it. Matt slaps Jeff and then Jeff leaves the ring.

Shelton vs. Chavo
MVP comes out and goes to commentary
Another match I don't really remember. Back and forth as far as I can recall. One spot on the outside sees Shelton powerbomb Chavo over the announce table onto MVP. End of the match Chavo wins with a rollup while Shelton is staring down MVP. Post match MVP hits the Drive By on Shelton

This next match is kinda weird. I'm not sure if it was on the show or if it was a post-show dark match. It seems like a dark match.

Casket Match
Big Show vs. Taker
Taker comes out with his straps down, gets in the ring without doing the lights on gimmick and is ready for a fight. He goes right after Show punching and elbowing. End of the match sees Taker kick Show in the head and roll him into the Casket. This match lasted about 5 minutes total, uncuding intros... :wtf:

Juan
02-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Wow, not bad :y:

ddpBANG
02-18-2009, 04:56 AM
A few things to add to the first spoilers.
There was a dark match pre-show between Jimmy Wang Yang and some guy I didn't recognize. His name was Eddie something... I looked on the FCW page but couldn't really pick him out. He might've been a local guy.

Kizarny made a brief showing in Vickie's locker room before being interrupted by Edge.

It was Maryse that pinned Eve after McCool kicked Eve off the top rope.

Chavo turned on Shelton and then hit him with a Frog Splash.

The R-Truth thing didn't make any sense. He made his whole walk through the crowd entrance and everything before being injured.

Fabien Barthez
02-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Koslov over Taker clean? Seems like a strange decision.

I hope this is running into MVP/Shelton at Mania. I would much prefer that to seeing either of them job in MITB.

Krimzon7
02-18-2009, 07:29 AM

I hope this is running into MVP/Shelton at Mania. I would much prefer that to seeing either of them job in MITB.

MVP/Shelton at Mania would steal the show. Remember how MVP and Benwhat? used to steal the show with their feud?

RatedGSuperstar
02-18-2009, 08:25 AM

It does seem a little weird, but I guess they're thinking they have to make Kozlov look like a legit threat to the Undertaker's streak if he's going to face HBM/JBL for the "right to end the streak." Most of us know that Kozlov's undefeated singles streak would end if he went up against Taker, though, so I don't know why they're wasting the time building that when they've already teased HBM/Taker.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2009, 08:33 AM
It seems that they are building towards Shelton vs. MVP vs. Chavo Guerrero for the US Title at WrestleMania. I would not complain about that, at all. It's also possible that they will shove R-Truth in there.

I was hoping for some sort of match between Mizorrison and The Colons at Mania for both sets of Tag Titles, but I'm actually thinking now that Morrison will face Primo in a MITB qualifier, and Carlito will face The Miz. Morrison wins his match, and Carlito wins his, and those two carry their feud into Money in the Bank. You've got to have some guys in that thing. It just can't be Evan Bourne.

Vladimir Kozlov seems to be getting a push heading into WrestleMania. He won't, nor should he, face Taker, but I like the idea of him wrestling Shawn Michaels. If HBK can't get a great showing out of the guy, then no one can. I think it will be a fun match, with Michaels getting his ass kicked before he knocks Kozlov the fuck out with a SCM.

LOL at the Hardy storyline pretty much following the template of Kane/Undertaker. Cornette rule...

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
It does seem a little weird, but I guess they're thinking they have to make Kozlov look like a legit threat to the Undertaker's streak if he's going to face HBM/JBL for the "right to end the streak." Most of us know that Kozlov's undefeated singles streak would end if he went up against Taker, though, so I don't know why they're wasting the time building that when they've already teased HBM/Taker.

Good post. Well, they do have over a month and a bit to WrestleMania. This pads out the interactions they actually have to do between HBK and Taker. Also, to a mark, Kozlov pinning Taker clean would be pretty scary for a Taker fan heading into Mania.

Personally, I think they should do some sort of "Tri-Brand Cup," or something, at Mania. Have one guy from each brand, and the winner gets a trophy for his show. Put Rey Mysterio, Finlay and Vladimir Kozlov in there, and I think you'd have a pretty decent match.

ddpBANG
02-19-2009, 02:01 AM
They're still pushing Kozlov as being undefeated in singles competition...

Vladimir Kozlov seems to be getting a push heading into WrestleMania. He won't, nor should he, face Taker, but I like the idea of him wrestling Shawn Michaels. If HBK can't get a great showing out of the guy, then no one can. I think it will be a fun match, with Michaels getting his ass kicked before he knocks Kozlov the fuck out with a SCM.
Kozlov looked shit in his match against Taker. He makes his movements too literal at times, if that makes any sense.. It's just what I was thinking while watching the match. Like there was one spot where Taker tried to get him up in Snake Eyes. The first time he had to drop Kozlov and the second he still didn't get him up right and then Kozlov purposely dropped his head and hit the turnbuckle with the top of it...

LOL at the Hardy storyline pretty much following the template of Kane/Undertaker. Cornette rule...
Exactly what I was thinking while watching it. I think it could work, though.

Vastardikai
02-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Cornette rule...

The business is such that after 7 years, there is a 100% turnover in fans. So you can run the same storylines from 7 years ago and it will seem fresh?

Is that about right?

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2009, 08:27 AM
The business is such that after 7 years, there is a 100% turnover in fans. So you can run the same storylines from 7 years ago and it will seem fresh?

Is that about right?

Sounds about right. I've never heard it expressed like that, and I'd have to disagree with the 100% turnover thing, but seven years seems about right to re-use a storyline.

I'm not going to argue with Jim Cornette.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2009, 08:29 AM
They're still pushing Kozlov as being undefeated in singles competition...

Kozlov looked shit in his match against Taker. He makes his movements too literal at times, if that makes any sense.. It's just what I was thinking while watching the match. Like there was one spot where Taker tried to get him up in Snake Eyes. The first time he had to drop Kozlov and the second he still didn't get him up right and then Kozlov purposely dropped his head and hit the turnbuckle with the top of it...

Fucking hell. If they didn't want Kozlov to lose his undefeated vibe, they should have just left him out of the Elimination Chamber. Shelton Benjamin wasn't on the PPV, why not let him in?

That's a bit of a let-down about Taker/Kozlov, but then again, Taker isn't exactly a guy who can get great matches out of everyone. Since about 2006, when he wants to work a great match, he will really work a great match, but it has to be against the right guy.

I'll be more interested to see him work against Shawn Michaels.

As for the Matt vs. Jeff thing, I think it will work, too. It's just funny the similarities.

SuperSlim
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
The whole Matt/Jeff with Jeff refusing to fight reminds me exactly of Kane/Undertaker the first go around where Taker refused to fight Kane then in the end they fight and Taker wins...

meh.

Indifferent Clox
02-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I see HBM Beating Koslov on RAW that way he is still undefeated on FNS

Kane86
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
They need to repackage Kozlov send him back to FCW to hone his skills or something but they need to quit pushing him if they are not going to actually push him.............Hell make him enter a fued with Hornswoggle hell that was the cool thing to do last year around this time...........

Innovator
02-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Everything Kozlov does sucks, the man can't even take a snake eyes right

Legend Killer
02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
The whole Matt/Jeff with Jeff refusing to fight reminds me exactly of Kane/Undertaker the first go around where Taker refused to fight Kane then in the end they fight and Taker wins...

meh.

Let's take this Matt and Jeff scenario even further... Let's say Matt was adopted. So Jeff's mother is not his mother. So Matt puts Jeff and himself in a CONCRETE CRYPT Match with their mother in the concrete crypt. Jeff has more reasoning to fight now. Matt is so upset about Jeff getting more, that it's been that way for their entire lives, so Matt takes the one thing that made the difference in Jeff's life, his mother.

Kind of fucked up, but this would intrigue me.

I dunno, if the WWE is going to keep doing these BAD ASS-ACTING Situations, I say go all for it, in Matt Vs Jeff.

Kane86
02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Everything Kozlov does sucks, the man can't even take a snake eyes right

The he should just be released hes russian he comes from the country of vodka he has to be stupid...........

Legend Killer
02-19-2009, 02:30 PM
The he should just be released hes russian he comes from the country of vodka he has to be stupid...........

What does Vodka have anything to do with the Undertaker?

Vastardikai
02-19-2009, 03:13 PM

THIS russian disagrees...

http://www.thefertighaus.com/images/Blonds/IvanDrago.jpg

oops, wrong one...

THIS one is the one I meant...

http://www.mmapassport.com/files/2008/07/fedor-emelianenko.jpg

Krimzon7
02-19-2009, 04:06 PM
He looks like Dewey Cox!

Vastardikai
02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Indeed. He's a dumpy looking guy, but he will destroy you.

Krimzon7
02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
that statement makes me laugh, and cry simultanieously.

Vastardikai
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Fedor > you.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I see HBM Beating Koslov on RAW that way he is still undefeated on FNS

They can just push him as never being defeated on Kath & Kim.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Let's take this Matt and Jeff scenario even further... Let's say Matt was adopted. So Jeff's mother is not his mother. So Matt puts Jeff and himself in a CONCRETE CRYPT Match with their mother in the concrete crypt. Jeff has more reasoning to fight now. Matt is so upset about Jeff getting more, that it's been that way for their entire lives, so Matt takes the one thing that made the difference in Jeff's life, his mother.

Kind of fucked up, but this would intrigue me.

I dunno, if the WWE is going to keep doing these BAD ASS-ACTING Situations, I say go all for it, in Matt Vs Jeff.

If only the WWE had planned this storyline a little earlier. They could have had Jeff Hardy burned in his house fire, and had him return with a mask and full body suit.

Afterlife
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
The should do Shawn Micheals vs Umaga as one of the matches for the tournamanet so to speak to face the Undertaker at Wrestletmaina. The could give us couple good build up matches towards. Well most likely Kozlov will fail his match. But thats besides the point the should do some kind of a build up towards it. It would be worth a watch. Does anyone think it would be any good if they did a little build up towards it?

"THEY"!!! THE WORD IS FUCKING "THEY"!!!! THEY should do, THEY could give, THEY should do again! Good fucking CRAP, learn to write before you fucking post! It's like you threw up alphabet soup on the internet!!!

But, to answer your question, no.

Afterlife
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Also, legitimately glad to hear of a Kizarny appearance.

Juan
02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
"THEY"!!! THE WORD IS FUCKING "THEY"!!!! THEY should do, THEY could give, THEY should do again! Good fucking CRAP, learn to write before you fucking post! It's like you threw up alphabet soup on the internet!!!

But, to answer your question, no.

no need to get worked up AL, Kane86 is a sock. A bad one at that.

RatedGSuperstar
02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
After reading about Kizarny appearing in Vickie's office, I get the feeling that he's going to turn into SmackDown's Dolph Ziggler, walking around swallowing swords and saying "I am Kizarny" to anyone in sight.

Kane86
02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
no need to get worked up AL, Kane86 is a sock. A bad one at that.

Your the reason 9/11 happened but you don't hear me crying about it.

RatedGSuperstar
02-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh God, I just saw the In Crowd/Bellas/Colons date on a stream playing SmackDown early. Pure comedy gold, but I won't spoil it. I never want this feud to end.

Afterlife
02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
I hate the Colons.

Krimzon7
02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't hate them. I'm not the biggest fan of their work, but they shouldn't be wished well either. And now they're being fed to The In Crowd? Works for me.

Alan The Rapist
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I hate the Colons.

I don't hate them. I'm not the biggest fan of their work, but they shouldn't be wished well either. And now they're being fed to The In Crowd? Works for me.

When I watch them as a team, I hate them. When I see Carlito alone, being Carlito and not trying to be funny, he's not bad. But as a team, yes, feeding them to entertaining people is the way to go. :y:

RatedGSuperstar
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
One of the WWE facts from Smackdown:

"Last year, WWE had more live events in Europe than the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL combined."

...I shit you not.

Krimzon7
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
surely you shit me SOME, RGS...

Heyman
02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Matt vs. Jeff
Matt comes out and stands in the ring. Jeff's music hits and he comes out, but he's in street clothes. Matt cuts a whiny promo about how he's the better wrestler. Jeff tells him he isn't gonna fight tonight or ever. Matt begs Jeff to fight him but Jeff won't have it. Matt slaps Jeff and then Jeff leaves the ring.

They seem to be going the Taker/Kane route from Wrestlemania 14 (i.e. Taker refusing to fight a sibling).

Between now and Wrestlemania, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt assaulted Jeff's girlfriend or something (which then leads Jeff to getting pissed and accepting Matt's challenge).

I also think that Jeff should get the win at Mania.

thedamndest
02-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Before it was the Taker/Kane storyline it was the Bret/Owen storyline, complete with the Rumble heel turn, then Bret refusing to ever fight his own flesh and blood, yada yada, we get Wrestlemania X.

Heyman
02-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Before it was the Taker/Kane storyline it was the Bret/Owen storyline, complete with the Rumble heel turn, then Bret refusing to ever fight his own flesh and blood, yada yada, we get Wrestlemania X.

Yes! I forgot about Bret/Owen. That is yet another example.

As far as Matt/Jeff is concerned, I think it would be a mistake if the WWE made Matt go over Jeff at Mania'. I wouldn't mind seeing Matt beat Jeff at some point (non-clean) but this shouldn't happen at Mania.

Jeff should get the clean pinfall victory at Mania.

RatedGSuperstar
02-22-2009, 12:57 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-4fQR_h6J8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-4fQR_h6J8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I could watch this all night.

Kane86
02-22-2009, 01:08 AM
They seem to be going the Taker/Kane route from Wrestlemania 14 (i.e. Taker refusing to fight a sibling).

Between now and Wrestlemania, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt assaulted Jeff's girlfriend or something (which then leads Jeff to getting pissed and accepting Matt's challenge).

I also think that Jeff should get the win at Mania.

Typical Revenge Cliche filled storyline. It will be for the honor of his girlfriends ome stupid bullshit like that. But the match will be fucking awesome.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-4fQR_h6J8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-4fQR_h6J8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I could watch this all night.

Pure gold brother, ABS-olutely!!!

Afterlife
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Typical Revenge Cliche filled storyline. It will be for the honor of his girlfriends ome stupid bullshit like that. But the match will be fucking awesome.

I'm hoping we see Father Hardy talking to Jeff soon, telling him that if Matt has a problem, they should work it out like Hardies.