PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated wrestler...

Xero
02-20-2009, 08:41 PM
By the Business:
By the Marks:
By the Smarks:

Of all time or of any era. Go.

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2009, 08:42 PM
By the Business: Hogan
By the Marks: Cena
By the Smarks: Jericho

IC Champion
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Ric Flair...

Triple Naitch
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
By the business: Hulk Hogan
By the marks: Jeff Hardy
By the smarks: Chris Jericho

thedamndest
02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
By the Marks: Jeff Hardy
By the Smarks: CM Punk

Xero
02-20-2009, 08:53 PM
By the Business: Hulk Hogan
By the Marks: Jeff Hardy
By the Smarks: Owen Hart

BigDaddyCool
02-20-2009, 09:25 PM
What are we changing one name at a time?

Vastardikai
02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
By the Business: Ric Flair
By the Marks: John Cena
By the Smarks: Santino Marella

Lock Jaw
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
By the Business: HHH
By the Smarks: RVD

Hornicane
02-20-2009, 11:06 PM
By the Marks: Austin
By the Smarks: Punk

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2009, 11:13 PM
By the Business: Triple H
By the Smarks: Ric Flair (with Bret Hart being a close one)

Juan
02-20-2009, 11:50 PM
By the Smarks: Ric Flair

CSL
02-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Biz: Bob Holly (He had a job for 17 years)

Marks: Batista (Cena is more of a kid thing. Whenever I speak to an older 'mark', Batista and Jeff Hardy tend to be the 'faves' and Jeff > Dancin' Dave) Big Daddy (HUGE draw over here in the 70's and 80's. Beyond diabolical)

Smarks: Danielson (He's good. WE GET IT)

Mercury Bullet
02-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Business: Cena
Marks: Cena
Smarks: Christian

Nicky Fives
02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
By the Business: Hogan without question
By the Smarks: tough call..... Flair or Bret???

Ruien
02-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Business: Vince (How can you say Hogan, he made sooooo much money)
Marks: Batista
Smarks: Regal

Ruien
02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Although its hard to say Batista or Cena, since they are suppose to be cheered like that. Ya, I will repick my Marks: one after awhile.

Theo Dious
02-21-2009, 01:14 PM
By the Marks: The Rock (there, I said it.)
By the Smarks: CM Punk

Theo Dious
02-21-2009, 01:16 PM
By the Smarks: Owen Hart

I still don't think he's the MOST overrated, but I do agree that he deserves a mention. In Owen's case, people judge him majorly by what he supposedly WOULD have been instead of what he was.

James Steele
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> By the Business: Bret Hart
By the Marks: Bret Hart
By the Smarks: Bret Hart

Nark Order
02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
By the Business: Kevin Nash/Triple H
By the Marks: Bill Goldberg
By the Smarks: Ring of Honor

CSL
02-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Not understanding the Hogan votes. Nobody in the business saw him as a superior worker, they saw him as straight up cash money and jumped on that train (and why wouldn't you?) Even Hogan knows his role/limitations. The heel's gonna get all his heat, Hogan's gonna hulk up and beat him. Don't think anybody expected any clinics out of him

IC Champion
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> By the Business: Bret Hart
By the Marks: Bret Hart
By the Smarks: Bret Hart

You sir, like to bum rush 5 year old boys.

Theo Dious
02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Not understanding the Hogan votes. Nobody in the business saw him as a superior worker, they saw him as straight up cash money and jumped on that train (and why wouldn't you?) Even Hogan knows his role/limitations. The heel's gonna get all his heat, Hogan's gonna hulk up and beat him. Don't think anybody expected any clinics out of him

Define wrestler. :p

The disconnect lies in this: Hogan was the greatest draw. WAS. There are far too many people within the business who still think he can go out there and work wonders today. And that doesn't happen. It's his current worth that's overrated, not his past contributions.

Watson
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
By the Smarks: Christian

CSL
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Define wrestler. :p

The disconnect lies in this: Hogan was the greatest draw. WAS. There are far too many people within the business who still think he can go out there and work wonders today. And that doesn't happen. It's his current worth that's overrated, not his past contributions.

He's not main eventing or placed as the guy relied on to draw nowadays though. And besides, anywhere but WWE, the ratings/gate would (probably) go up.

Ruien
02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
When Cena barly gets cheered, how is that overrating?

Lock Jaw
02-21-2009, 06:32 PM
I guess because the people who cheer him overrate him SO much that the WWE doesn't just turn him heel.

thedamndest
02-21-2009, 07:10 PM

My vote was pretty much based on after his WM VII to WCW stuff (probably excluding early to mid nWo because his heel turn made him WHITE hot). The early days of Hulkamania were such that they did call for Hogan to go over everybody in sight, but I think the turning point on that was Wrestlemania VI. The end of an era, in some ways. I don't mean the passing of the torch, namely because Warrior didn't stick around, but we saw that Hogan could be beaten cleanly. Instead of putting over Bret, Hogan went to WCW and Hulkamania ran wild over...Kevin Sullivan and the Dungeon of Doom.

It doesn't really have anything to do with Hogan's ability to work a match. Say what you will, Hulkamania or Hollywood Hogan brought people to their feet every time. Hogan just held a position on the card that he really didn't need to be in for way too long.

Rollermacka
02-21-2009, 08:03 PM
By the Business:
By the Marks:
By the Smarks:

Of all time or of any era. Go.

... pst hey Xero what does "smarks" mean? :shifty:

Xero
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I didn't want to distinguish between smarts and smart marks, so it's both, okay?

Kane86
02-21-2009, 09:52 PM
By the Business:Santion Marella (HES NOT EVEN A FUCKING WRESTLER)

Fuck you and Shut up SCREECH!

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 09:57 PM

I agree, truthfully. By the business would mean who is generally pushed and doesn't deserve it/is given too much credit by people within the industry? I can understand John Cena and Triple H as answers there. Sure, Hogan is responsible for some crushing politics, but he's probably the reason that there was a business to hurt in the first place.

screech
02-21-2009, 10:00 PM
By the Business:Santion Marella (HES NOT EVEN A FUCKING WRESTLER)

Fuck you and Shut up SCREECH!

...I haven't even posted in here yet.

Now I will, though.

By the Smarks: Flair

James Steele
02-22-2009, 07:05 AM
You sir, like to bum rush 5 year old boys.

Why? Is it because I stated what most people think but refuse to say because OMG ITS BRET HART! HE'LL CRY IF WE CHIP AWAY AT HIS EGO!

Seriously, Bret was no doubt an AMAZING technical wrestler. However, he is not one of the greatest all around pro wrestlers ever. He had mediocre mic skills, except for his feud with HBK and DX. He was a selfish sack of shit who thought he was bigger than the business that made him. He thinks Canada will crumble without him waving the banner of PERFECTION. Most smarks think he did no wrong, ever, the business overvalues his impact. Bret Hart inspired RoH, but Shawn Michaels inspired the future of WWE...you know the wrestling most people watch, because it doesnt require a chip on your shoulder about technical prowess. Also, marks are forced to believe that Bret Hart was a family man (because his mom couldn't close his legs), inspired countless canadian wrestlers (despite him only training TEST), and of course, that he was nothing more than diamond in the pile of shit in mid 90s. I would say something about Shawn Michaels being the bigger diamond, but that should already be known...since HBK solidified Steve Austin, helped develop Triple H, give classic after classic...but because he didn't put up with the self-righteous pink-wearing prick...he is nothing but a snot-nosed brat? Fuck you, and your asshole hero.

Lord-Of-Darkness
02-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Big Daddy (HUGE draw over here in the 70's and 80's. Beyond diabolical)

:lol: Yeah, I remember when I was younger and I'd tell older relatives that I watched wrestling, and all they'd tell me about would be Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks on ITV....

I remember last year Dwayne Johnson was on Jonathon Ross, promoting the Game Plan, and Ross was saying something about his wrestling roots, and continued on to show a video clip of Hastacks vs Big Daddy. You could just feel how awkward the Rock felt as he said 'um yeah....thats....thats good stuff..'

Kinda felt embarresed for him...

NoRoolz
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Business: Hogan
Marks: Cena
Smarks: Flair

Kane86
02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Why? Is it because I stated what most people think but refuse to say because OMG ITS BRET HART! HE'LL CRY IF WE CHIP AWAY AT HIS EGO!

Seriously, Bret was no doubt an AMAZING technical wrestler. However, he is not one of the greatest all around pro wrestlers ever. He had mediocre mic skills, except for his feud with HBK and DX. He was a selfish sack of shit who thought he was bigger than the business that made him. He thinks Canada will crumble without him waving the banner of PERFECTION. Most smarks think he did no wrong, ever, the business overvalues his impact. Bret Hart inspired RoH, but Shawn Michaels inspired the future of WWE...you know the wrestling most people watch, because it doesnt require a chip on your shoulder about technical prowess. Also, marks are forced to believe that Bret Hart was a family man (because his mom couldn't close his legs), inspired countless canadian wrestlers (despite him only training TEST), and of course, that he was nothing more than diamond in the pile of shit in mid 90s. I would say something about Shawn Michaels being the bigger diamond, but that should already be known...since HBK solidified Steve Austin, helped develop Triple H, give classic after classic...but because he didn't put up with the self-righteous pink-wearing prick...he is nothing but a snot-nosed brat? Fuck you, and your asshole hero.

Wow you finally explained why I have giving a fuck less about Bret Hart. Thank you i am glad i am not the only who feels this way............ After watching Bret Hart:Wrestling with Shadows and that pointed out how scared he is to give up his top spot and roll with the changes. That is when i realized that i could give a fuck less about Brett Hart.

Gertner
02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Business: Nash
Marks: John Cena
Smarks: Bret Hart

IC Champion
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM

He is hardly the most over rated. Jesus, you don't know who HHH is? You suck his cock in your dreams every night.

You keep thinking a Jesus Freak is the greatest, fucking texans.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
By the Business: Your Mother
By the Marks: Noid
By the Smarks: Frank Shamrock

James Steele
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
He is hardly the most over rated. Jesus, you don't know who HHH is? You suck his cock in your dreams every night.

Wow, that is a great argument. Do you feel better about yourself?

IC Champion
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow, that is a great argument. Do you feel better about yourself?

No, but your average kliq talking points sure was a great one.

James Steele
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you for appreciating talent.

IC Champion
02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
You really are a tool.

James Steele
02-22-2009, 11:17 PM
At least tools serve a purpose, what do whiny bitches like you do?

Juan
02-22-2009, 11:42 PM
I think that if the screwjob, and the subsequent jump to WCW, had never happened there would be no question about he greatness of Bret Hart.

James Steele
02-23-2009, 12:13 AM
You are right, his legacy would be helping put over Shawn Michaels.

Juan
02-23-2009, 12:19 AM
LOL that's ridiculous

Nark Order
02-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Yeah, but it did happen. And so did the 10 years of whining, complaining, and bitching that followed it.

Juan
02-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I guess I'm one of the ones that didn't let the whining and complaining cloud my judgment of him as an in-ring performer.

James Steele
02-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Bret Hart's greatest accomplishment was putting on classic matches with Shawn Michaels.

Juan
02-23-2009, 12:55 AM
In your opinion.

Juan
02-23-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm not even biggest Bret mark or anything, I'm just sayin

James Steele
02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
What do people associate Bret Hart with: excellence and not quite being as good as Shawn Michaels.

Juan
02-23-2009, 01:01 AM
What people? Shawn Michaels/Kliq marks?

James Steele
02-23-2009, 01:02 AM
People who:

a) are not Canadian
b) are not delusional about 1994
c) are not ubersmarks
d) appreciate all-around ability to entertain

James Steele
02-23-2009, 01:04 AM
We all know Bob Backlund carried Bret Hart at the Survivor Series that year. (Great match that people forget about btw)

The whole thing with Owen and Bret's mom was classic stuff, and Chuck Norris was at that Survivor Series, so you know it was the goods.

Juan
02-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Well, alls I know is that I'm not Canadian.

I'm not delusional about 1994 either; I actually agree with Vince McMahon. And it's because I enjoy all around ability to entertain that I cannot agree with the notion that Bret's biggest claim to fame is wrestling Shawn Michaels. That's just flat-out ridiculous.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not the biggest Bret Hart mark, and I'll even agree that HBK is a better wrestler, but to completely dismiss the man's career by saying he only had one great match is outrageous.

Juan
02-23-2009, 01:18 AM
I feel like a tool for arguing about this because it seems like people have been arguing about this for years. The Bret marks blindly defend him, and HBK marks blindly defend him. Which leaves people like me in an awkward position, trying to defend Bret from the HBK marks, and defending HBK from the Bret marks.

James Steele
02-23-2009, 02:01 AM
What is Bret's "biggest claim to fame" then? If it doesn't involve Shawn Michaels, then it would either be Ric Flair or Yokozuna.

Juan
02-23-2009, 02:05 AM
The Kiss My Foot Match

Juan
02-23-2009, 02:06 AM
No, but seriously, I don't want to argue about this anymore. I have my opinion and you have yours. Let's leave it at that.

Jeritron
02-23-2009, 02:12 AM

lol sound a bit bitter. That's sweeping to say the least.

a) his religion has nothing to do with whether or not he's the best. I don't even believe in religion. Completely irrelevant to this topic. You make yourself sound ignorant and your logic is unsound.

b) Yes, we're all Texan here in America...Please. I'm from NE and where he comes from also has absolutely no bearing on my opinion. In fact, I don't even think of him as Texan or recall that information unless it's brought up.

Jeritron
02-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Oh by the way, I think Bret Hart is great. However, if I didn't I wouldn't be calling him names and citing where he's from as a reason.

IC Champion
02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
And you like to act like I think he isn't the greatest because he's a Jesus Freak. He just happens to be one, and I called him it.

Heyman
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
By the Marks: Dave Batista
By the Smarks: Ric Flair