PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Which heel or face turns would be the BEST in the WWE if it were to happen?

Heyman
02-20-2009, 11:49 PM
QUESTION: Which heel or face turns would be the BEST in the WWE if it were to happen?

This thread was inspired by my recent conversation with Noid:

In your opinion, which wrestler(s) would be best served by a heel turn or a face turn within the next few months or so? (i.e. Edge turning face, Cena turning heel, Undertaker turning heel, JBL turning face, etc., etc.).

Personally? I'd be interested to see the following within the next few months:

-Umaga as a face (although I haven't watched Smackdown regularly since 2003)

-John Cena as a heel

-Randy Orton as a face (maybe a 6-8 months from now)

I'd suggest Big Show or Kane but they seem to turn every 6 weeks or so. ;).

What about you?

Juan
02-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Batista needs to turn heel.

Umaga is pretty much a face now.

Heyman
02-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Batista needs to turn heel.

Umaga is pretty much a face now.

One thing I've been thinking about for awhile....but will probably never happen....nor is it necessarily a good idea:

What if BOTH Cena and Batista formed a penis-on-penis alliance and simultaneously turned heel?

I'm not sure what would motivate them to do this or how this scenario would cum...I mean come about, but you could have them form an alliance and be on different shows. Cena would help Batista be champ of Smackdown (or RAW), and Batista would do the same for Cena.

By having both Cena and Batista as a two-man power trip (similar to HHH and Austin perhaps), it would force the WWE to create new faces to "step up to the plate" so to speak (i.e. CM Punk).

If something like this were to happen in 2010, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

CSL
02-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Cena and Punk both have monsterous heel potential

Hornicane
02-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Cena and Punk both have monsterous heel potential

I was thinking in another year or two a heel turn from Punk could be good.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Good post. :y:

Face Turns:
Big Show
John Bradshaw Layfield
Shelton Benjamin
Umaga
Mark Henry
William Regal
Chavo Guerrero
Jamie Noble (I can't work out whether he is currently a face or a heel, but I'd make sure he's a face)
Manu
Sim Snuka
Natalya (if she's not already a face)

Heel Turns:
John Cena
Triple H
Mr. Kennedy
Finlay
R-Truth
JTG (after splitting from Shad Gaspard, which I predict could happen in the draft)
Ricky Ortiz
Jesse (turning on Festus)
Jerry Lawler (a commentator, but still)
Candice Michelle

Note: That is a lot of talent, but you obviously wouldn't do all of them at once. But those are the guys that I think could really use a change of direction, and that a turn would do good for.

Krimzon7
02-21-2009, 12:41 AM
I like the Idea of Cena/Batista Power Trip. I also would be an advocate of HBK giving us one last glimpse of his sheer awesomeness as a heel. I would like to see Orton as the Austin face. I would like to see R-Truth go heel only to form an alliance with SHelton Benjamin. Kennedy should have never gone face.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 01:10 AM
One thing I've been thinking about for awhile....but will probably never happen....nor is it necessarily a good idea:

What if BOTH Cena and Batista formed a penis-on-penis alliance and simultaneously turned heel?

I'm not sure what would motivate them to do this or how this scenario would cum...I mean come about, but you could have them form an alliance and be on different shows. Cena would help Batista be champ of Smackdown (or RAW), and Batista would do the same for Cena.

By having both Cena and Batista as a two-man power trip (similar to HHH and Austin perhaps), it would force the WWE to create new faces to "step up to the plate" so to speak (i.e. CM Punk).

If something like this were to happen in 2010, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I agree with what you're saying. Even the cautious warning about it not neccessarily being a good idea. I've suggested something like this in the past, but went as far as to suggest that Randy Orton joined them, as well.

They are the new generation of stars that essentially took over the WWE divided, so united they look to go unopposed. Guys like CM Punk, MVP and even Mr. Kennedy or Shelton Benjamin can step-up to face those guys. Yeah, I suggested Kennedy goes heel, but by the time this angle comes through, he might have found his stride enough to make a pretty damn awesome face.

Nicky Fives
02-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Cena is already 3/4 heel in some buildings, so I can see him being a heel...
Christian needs to be a heel as well, same as Triple H
That leaves not too many faces (Taker, HBK, Batista, Jeff, etc...)

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2009, 11:46 AM
About a year ago, I would have said Cena, but turning him heel now wouldn't feel right. When he was getting boo'd heavy as a face would have been the PERFECT time to turn him heel, but I can't see an effective way for him to go heel at this time. Maybe a little down the road, but not now.

I hate Batista as a face, and I think he's long overdue for a heel turn. I thought they were teasing it at the beginning of the Michaels/Jericho feud (which actually seemed like it was about to be a Michaels/Batista feud at first), and I liked what I saw. A focused Batista with bad intentions is much more entertaining than the guy who 'doesn't like bullies'.

I've only seen one compilation video of CM Punk's ROH work, and he seems pretty interesting as a heel. He can go the cocky route right now, touting all of his accomplishments over the past year and even playing up the straight edge thing like he used to, talking about how he's better than everybody.

Lastly, a Shawn Michaels heel turn would rock my socks, but I'm afraid he's not going to let that happen, so I won't even speculate.

Afterlife
02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
See, I keep hearing that Michaels WANTS a heel turn.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Really? Then why won't they just do it?

James Steele
02-21-2009, 01:35 PM
He pushes a lot of merchandise, and also people wouldn't want to see a "one night only" DX reunion every 4 months if they were heels.

FourFifty
02-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Punk as a heel = :drool:

parkmania
02-21-2009, 03:03 PM
I've only seen one compilation video of CM Punk's ROH work, and he seems pretty interesting as a heel. He can go the cocky route right now, touting all of his accomplishments over the past year and even playing up the straight edge thing like he used to, talking about how he's better than everybody.

The problem with this is that the whole "I'm better than you" gimmick has very recently been used by MVP. It'll take a while before people forget, maybe in a year.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Ah, that's true. It wouldn't be EXACTLY the same, but pretty close.

Fox
02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I still think that if Cena, Orton and Batista teamed together as heels, it would be the next coming of the nWo and would be epic.

CSL
02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Ah, that's true. It wouldn't be EXACTLY the same, but pretty close.

Yeah, but Punk would do it so much better :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuP8tqxeslY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuP8tqxeslY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

See your point though. Punk even goes as far as saying 'These people wanna see somebody better than them'. So yeah, bit of time. Punk as a heel + WWE's production values = potential

Afterlife
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
He pushes a lot of merchandise, and also people wouldn't want to see a "one night only" DX reunion every 4 months if they were heels.

Because heels never sell anything.

Just because he's a top dog doesn't mean he gets his way -- and that can go for anybody. Besides, wanting something and being able to do it are two completely different things.

parkmania
02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Just thought of a way that CM Punk can go heel and use the "better than you" thing in the near future:

Have MVP get back on the mic again for a few weeks with HIS "better than you" promos. Have face Punk show up and say something like "You say you're better than all these people, but I KNOW I'm better than you." Cue the MVP/Punk feud where Punk ends up going over repeatedly. Then after the blowoff match, Punk turns with a promo saying that he just proved that he really is better than all of us.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I still think that if Cena, Orton and Batista teamed together as heels, it would be the next coming of the nWo and would be epic.

I truthfully believe that, too. But then you've just got to make sure you've got faces who can stand up to them.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 08:15 PM
If you're going to turn CM Punk heel, the perfect two people to do it against would be Jeff Hardy or Stone Cold Steve Austin. Or, if they can bring him back for a night (say around Extreme Rules time), Rob Van Dam.

Actually, a tag team match pitting CM Punk & Rob Van Dam against two heels at Extreme Rules (maybe John Morrison & The Miz), with Punk & RVD getting the win, only for Punk to suddenly roundhouse kick RVD in the face, would be pretty epic.

Afterlife
02-21-2009, 11:29 PM
If you're going to turn CM Punk heel, the perfect two people to do it against would be Jeff Hardy or Stone Cold Steve Austin. Or, if they can bring him back for a night (say around Extreme Rules time), Rob Van Dam.

Actually, a tag team match pitting CM Punk & Rob Van Dam against two heels at Extreme Rules (maybe John Morrison & The Miz), with Punk & RVD getting the win, only for Punk to suddenly roundhouse kick RVD in the face, would be pretty epic.

Do it at the ONS equivelant ppv. Make it RVD's yearly appearance. huge face surge for Punk to Partner with RVD at the Extreme PPV. And instead of a kick, it's a chairshot -- or even a sudden Vandaminator. There's your "extreme" heel turn.

Heyman
02-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Few things:

-I think it would be a TERRIBLE move on the WWE's part to turn CM Punk heel. Punk is one of the few guys out there that is actually pretty successful at being a face.....by simply being himself. Being a beloved face in the WWE is not an easy task....and is a huge commodity. If it was up to me, CM Punk would continue to be just the way he is....while garnering clean victories over the likes of William Regal, Kane, and then ultimately Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and Edge at some point.

-I wonder how JBL would do as a FACE somewhere down the road. Although JBL is easy to hate, the guy could be successful (if the WWE played it right) for the following reasons:

As a face, JBL would NEVER kiss the fans' ass. Surprisingly enough, NOT kissing the fans' ass as a face is actually a very important quality.

It is easy to chant, "JBL!"

JBL has excellent mic skills and is pretty charismatic

A re-alliance with Ron Simmons (not necessarily as the Acolytes) may be enough to get the fans to side with JBL again.

-Shawn Michaels has difficulty differentiating his real life personna from his on-screen character (which ironically enough, was one of Shawn's biggest criticism's of Bret). Due to HBK's new found faith in Christianity, it is very unlikely that HBK will want to play the 'cocky' heel that he used to play in yester-year. This was also one of the reasons why HBK turned back into a face so quickly in 2005 after feuding with Hogan. This was also a reason why HBK refused to do crotch chops when DX reformed in 2006.

Heyman
02-22-2009, 12:56 AM
I've suggested something like this in the past, but went as far as to suggest that Randy Orton joined them, as well.

My only problem with Cena, Batista, AND Orton being aligned, is that it would be pointless.....since there would be 3 main-event wrestlers and 2 main world titles. By accepting a lower title, one of these wrestlers would basically be admitting inferiority (and yes - I consider the ECW title to be VERY inferior to both the WWE and World titles).

However - perhaps an extension to this idea would be that a rising mid-carder could align himself with Cena and Batista and be the ECW champ (i.e. Jack Swagger).

So, you could (hypothetically) have a 3 man stable of
-John Cena
-Dave Batista
-Jack Swagger

Who would be WWE, World, and ECW champs respectively. The 3 men would form an alliance (penis-on-penis) and would help each other retain, etc. Just being associated with Cena and Batista could do wonders for Swagger's credibility (or whoever they use)

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Do it at the ONS equivelant ppv. Make it RVD's yearly appearance. huge face surge for Punk to Partner with RVD at the Extreme PPV. And instead of a kick, it's a chairshot -- or even a sudden Vandaminator. There's your "extreme" heel turn.

That was what I meant by the Extreme Rules PPV. CM Punk & RVD should win their match before they do it, because it allows RVD to look like a big deal, and because CM Punk should have an arrogance thing going on, and it's hard to do that effectively if you're a loser.

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2009, 03:09 AM
My only problem with Cena, Batista, AND Orton being aligned, is that it would be pointless.....since there would be 3 main-event wrestlers and 2 main world titles. By accepting a lower title, one of these wrestlers would basically be admitting inferiority (and yes - I consider the ECW title to be VERY inferior to both the WWE and World titles).

However - perhaps an extension to this idea would be that a rising mid-carder could align himself with Cena and Batista and be the ECW champ (i.e. Jack Swagger).

So, you could (hypothetically) have a 3 man stable of
-John Cena
-Dave Batista
-Jack Swagger

Who would be WWE, World, and ECW champs respectively. The 3 men would form an alliance (penis-on-penis) and would help each other retain, etc. Just being associated with Cena and Batista could do wonders for Swagger's credibility (or whoever they use)

That's not a bad point. I really wouldn't mind seeing Randy Orton as ECW Champion, though. You could call it admitting inferiority, or you could have Orton aim to become the first man to be WWE, World Heavyweight and ECW Champion. That seems like a pretty big deal to me, and is reason enough that Orton could go after that title.

But they don't even need to control all three brands. They could just run roughshed over RAW, and pretty much own things over there.

Jeritron
02-22-2009, 03:14 AM
I'd really like to see someone turn heel WHILE holding the title. Not shortly before winning it, or shortly after dropping it. Not even in the match in which the title is aquired. I just mean in the middle of a title reign, cut and dry.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 03:22 AM
who could pull that off?

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2009, 05:54 AM
So many people could pull it off. Christian, Triple H, John Cena and even Batista come to mind. Paranoia is an easy trigger for that.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
This would really interest me in a John Cena Title run. Batista wouldn't be so much, but seriously didn't we see this at a lesser extent with McCool? SHe kinda bitched up while she had the title.

Anybody Thrilla
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Michelle McCool is the worst heel to ever exist.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 01:25 PM
is it because she's ugly? that's why she's so awful to me. she's pretty fucking gross.

Fox
02-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I truthfully believe that, too. But then you've just got to make sure you've got faces who can stand up to them.

But that's the best part. The beauty of the nWo angle was that everyone got their asses kicked when they stood up to them, except for Sting. He was "the guy" who scared the nWo, and it got both sides incredibly over. You only need two or three faces to stand off against the OBC (Orton/Batsta/Cena) Regime, which in my mind, would also consist of DiBiase, Rhodes, Shane O'Mac and maybe DH Smith.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels are obvious choices, but I'd even like to go a little bit younger with it. Perhaps Jeff Hardy, CM Punk and Edge would be the prime opponents, with Jeff playing the "unpredictable dark crow" that Sting played.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Edge would be a great face in this feud. mainly becasue he wouldn't have to totally give up his current character. JEff as that crow like figure could be fun. It doesn't hurt that he's insanely over. That could be great!

Innovator
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Nah, McCool just sucks

Anybody Thrilla
02-23-2009, 01:50 AM
What Innovator said.