PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton at his Finest

Loose Cannon
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I am thrilled to finally see Randy Orton having all this momentum behind him. I have been an Orton fan since the days of his arm injury back in '03/04. What the hell was that called again? His TV thing? I can't remember for the life of me. He was pushed to the moon so quickly, but soon afterwards began a career of inconsistency. He would grab a title here, grab a big win there, but then would lose a big match and seemed to wander without any direction at times. And yea, his backstage bullshit probably didn't sit well with the higherups and that's why his career has been like today's stock market. But I actually think his habits backstage might have won offer a few people here in there because what you see is what you get with Orton. He really is the same guy behind the curtain that you see on camera.

But for me, the last few weeks just watching Orton being protected and allowing him to go all out has been amazing. I was worried that one week when Shane comes in and beats the crap out of Legacy in like 3 minutes. But Orton cut a great promo the next week explaining why he let Shane hit him. And then this past week with the amazing RKO on Steph. Holy shit, that was a mark out moment for me. I loved his reactions right before he delivered the move. Orton has got tremendous body motions and can act with his eyes, which adds a lot to the character.

Now we get to see the HHH/Orton feud that everyone wanted to see. I was dreaming over Orton as the heel and HHH as the babyface back in 2004, but it never played out that way.

But I think you guys are right. I don't know how Orton is going to get booed here. He's going against The bosses son in law. And he's been the cool heel character for a while now. I hope they do not turn Orton or Legacy into babyfaces just yet, but I could definately see it happening down the line.

I think this is the best Randy Orton has been since 2004 and hopefully they keep running with it.

Anybody Thrilla
02-22-2009, 12:21 PM
RNN, the Randy News Network

Loose Cannon
02-22-2009, 12:23 PM
ah, there you go. I knew it had an "R" but all that kept popping in my head was "RKO"

Anybody Thrilla
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
And yes, Randy Orton is amazing. For the longest time I thought he was just going to be a jobber to the stars forever.

As far as people booing him at Wrestlemania, that's probably not going to happen. That crowd is just too smarkish. There will be enough people there cheering Triple H too, though. I think there'll be some fun back and forth with the crowd in that match.

GD
02-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I can never forget his hardcore match against Mick. IMO his face turn was really gay...for further proof see his enterance at that year's Survivor Series. At present he truly is the biggest commodity in the E.

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Loose Cannon, where the hell have you been?

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Though I agree, Orton is a new person, it isn't the same 3rd string fiddle of a heel that gets put in title matches because they need to rotate. Now he is the top heel of the company. Orton has stepped up his game and is forcing the company to take notice and he doesn't feel forced or as a back up. Jericho is now that back up.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Randy is the hottest thing in WWE right now. HHH will get swerved at Mania, I can feel it.

Hornicane
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm just hoping they don't turn him face too early. As stated, he's the number one heel in the company (and just the top guy right now period, for my money), but jumping the gun early on the turn has the potential to set him (and Legacy) back quite a bit.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
agreed, as a matter of fact I don't think a turn is warranted at all. He should...evolve into the awesomely perfect tweener role with his only true allies being Legacy, until they start wanting bigger paydays.

Hornicane
02-22-2009, 01:38 PM
True story. I'm hoping he keeps this persona for a good long while. It's really some of the best character development in years.

Theo Dious
02-22-2009, 01:56 PM
HOLY SHIT LOOSE CANNON IS ALIVE!!!

DaveWadding
02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
THE VIPER THE VIPER THE VIPER

Juan
02-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I am thrilled to finally see Randy Orton having all this momentum behind him. I have been an Orton fan since the days of his arm injury back in '03/04. What the hell was that called again? His TV thing? I can't remember for the life of me. He was pushed to the moon so quickly, but soon afterwards began a career of inconsistency. He would grab a title here, grab a big win there, but then would lose a big match and seemed to wander without any direction at times. And yea, his backstage bullshit probably didn't sit well with the higherups and that's why his career has been like today's stock market. But I actually think his habits backstage might have won offer a few people here in there because what you see is what you get with Orton. He really is the same guy behind the curtain that you see on camera.

But for me, the last few weeks just watching Orton being protected and allowing him to go all out has been amazing. I was worried that one week when Shane comes in and beats the crap out of Legacy in like 3 minutes. But Orton cut a great promo the next week explaining why he let Shane hit him. And then this past week with the amazing RKO on Steph. Holy shit, that was a mark out moment for me. I loved his reactions right before he delivered the move. Orton has got tremendous body motions and can act with his eyes, which adds a lot to the character.

Now we get to see the HHH/Orton feud that everyone wanted to see. I was dreaming over Orton as the heel and HHH as the babyface back in 2004, but it never played out that way.

But I think you guys are right. I don't know how Orton is going to get booed here. He's going against The bosses son in law. And he's been the cool heel character for a while now. I hope they do not turn Orton or Legacy into babyfaces just yet, but I could definately see it happening down the line.

I think this is the best Randy Orton has been since 2004 and hopefully they keep running with it.

I agree with all of that.

Legend Killer
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Is there any need for my opinion?

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
yes

Lux
02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I love Orton and agree with this thread.

thedamndest
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I agree with LC, but I also agree with ABT in that I think the match with HHH will have a Rock/Hogan feel to it. I'm pretty sure Orton will take the match and the title, but I hope he stays heel. Making him face now would be too soon.

The Optimist
02-22-2009, 08:03 PM
He's gotten better, but I still don't see it. Signature move-ing Steph isn't exactly the pinnacle of the buisness.

Krimzon7
02-22-2009, 08:08 PM
no, but signature moving the boss, and being the one who has a generation of smarks interested again gets you pretty close to that pinnacle.

Haze
02-22-2009, 08:12 PM
The only memeber of the family he hasn't it is Linda.

God what would I give to witness that punt...

Volare
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Dude, all Orton would need to do is put his big toe on her....but then again, she would probably botch that too.

Heyman
02-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Couldn't agree any more with the original post.

Orton is easily the #1 guy in the company right now. Hopefully, the WWE do NOT fuck this up like they did in 2004 by..

Making him job to HHH at Mania. Orton should get the win..plain and simple

Turning him Face too soon. The WWE shouldn't even consider turning Orton face for atleast another 6 months MINIMUM.

Changing his character and personna if they make him a face. This KILLED Orton back in 2004 after Summerslam. After this face turn flopped after a few months, the WWE made him heel again.

There is a huge danger involved in turning someone heel/face either too many times or in too short a time span. Ultimately, it makes the fans give you a mixed and/or lukewarm reaction......and as result, contributes to one being pushed down the card.

Orton was literally in no man's land for a few years thanks in large part to this.

Hopefully, the WWE has learned from their mistakes.

Krimzon7
02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Or, hopefully Orton has garnered enough stroke to push back with his creative direction.

Mooияakeя™
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I agree with all Cannon says. The manerisms are amazing on his part. The way he'll drop out onto the canvas then roll out of the ring etc. It's all distinctively Orton. I think they shouldn't even consider him heel or face right now. Most the crowd don't know what to do when Steph comes. There;s a brief cheer then seemingly no interest or boos and then with Shane, they're never fully with him.

This Shane / Orton this has a feel of the start of the old Vince / Austin. Whilst I don't see it going as far, and especially as big, it's got potential and bringing in HHH with this was an amazing idea. Not only due to the limit of Shane (and that he seems to be more business faced than on camera at all), but that it has the possibilty to blow into something huge. A corporation style kilq with HHH his "family" and a few buddies here and there.

On that same note I think Orton should be kept exactly like Austin was asa tweener. Austin did what he wanted cos he was 'like that'. They've sort of given the green light for Orton to do this with his "illness / syndrome", which explains why he is doing what he wants.

But I guess we'll see. WWE doesn't do much right, but somethings have been on the ball lately. Either based on their booking, or that we have finally accepted the shit they are throwing us as excellence.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 03:08 AM
The only memeber of the family he hasn't it is Linda.

God what would I give to witness that punt...

I think the WWE are pretending Linda McMahon doesn't exist for now. But I would love to see Randy Orton get Vickie Guerrero to ban Triple H from the building for a night (in some sort of effective way), and invite Linda McMahon to show up, promising that he won't punt her in the head, and that if he does, he will forfeit his WrestleMania title shot.

Linda McMahon agrees to show up, not being intimidated by a thug. Orton could then cut a promo that turns into this justification for not punting Linda:

"...Linda, the reason I agreed not to punt you...it'd be too merciful. Your entire marriage, your husband has been running around with other women, cheating on you, and bragging about it on national television. Your son has been jumping off things and destroying the body you gave him, and your little princess? Well she's just waiting for you to die until she can take over the company.

Vince, Shane, Stephanie -- they all have this cold blood running through their veins. That cold McMahon blood! But you don't. You're not genetically a McMahon. You don't have the same greed, lust and self-destructive need to embarrass themselves and each other in front of the world. You are just a pitiful old woman who married into this sick family, and for the last couple of decades you've been breathing in their poison and it's killing you.

Linda -- I know the real reason you came here tonight. It wasn't to see the man that's been causing your family all this grief. You came here tonight because you want me to end your's. You want me to punt you the head, and put you out of your misery. But that's exactly why I won't do it. After all, who would hurt an innocent old lady?"

Linda then bursts out and says she does want Orton to punt her in the head. Not because of the reasons Orton believes, but because she can't stand waking up every day and knowing that her husband and son have been kicked in the head by Orton -- and that he put his hands on her daughter. She can't stand this world Orton has created for her. She begs him to just do it.

Orton then tells Linda he said he wouldn't punt her -- and then BAM! RKO! Only hopefully not botched.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 03:19 AM
In 2004, Randy Orton was phenomenal. The man fucking got cheered in Toronto against Chris Benoit. His Street Fight against Mick Foley was a classic, and the second half of that year really could have belonged to Orton. Alas, it didn't.

It's a shame it's taken Orton five years to get back to that level where he is actually ready to take the brass ring again. I think the WWE actually have to decide where they want to go with Orton, though. They need to have a plan mapped out for him. Right now, Legacy just feel tacked on to Orton. They really add nothing specific to his character, and honestly, they are almost redundant. I'm not trying to use that as a shot at either Ted DiBiase or Cody Rhodes, but I think they need a program of their own. Hanging out with Orton will at least get them over.

Personally, I'd go with Orton going over Triple H at WrestleMania, possibly with help from Stephanie McMahon. She just doesn't work as well as she could as a face. And Orton making out with Stephanie McMahon on WWE television is instant heat. After WrestleMania, and even heading into it, I wouldn't mind it if Orton incorporated more cocky attributes into his character. Cockiness plus his cold serial killer personality would equate to a bridge between the best two periods of Orton's career -- Evolution and now.

From there, draft Triple H back to RAW, which creates the "mark out moment" of the draft, with Orton thinking he is rid of Triple H forever, only for Triple H to march down the ramp as an official member of the RAW roster, as Orton has an "Oh shit" look on his face.

Let those two feud for the summer, with Stephanie McMahon making Triple H start at the bottom of the roster, forcing him to fight against every obstacle just to get his hands legally on Orton, and to win back his WWE Championship. Let them keep going until Summerslam, where they have their big rematch, which leads to the return of Batista, who helps Triple H win the title, and moves Orton into a feud with him to close out the year.