PDA

View Full Version : Quake Live

Boomer
02-27-2009, 01:36 AM
I challenge all of you to not lose to me.

www.quakelive.com

Not currently compatible with Mac or Linux, but will be in the future.

S/N is Truitt btw.

Kalyx triaD
02-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Not a fan of Quake but the application seems really cool, and the price is right. Can I use a 360 controller via USB? I'm on a labtop, now and I don't wanna know how's like playing a shooter with this thing.

TPWW could use this as a test for Battlefield Online get-togethers.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-27-2009, 06:37 AM
I was in the private beta but I couldn't get it to work on Windows 7 so fucked it off

RP
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
the que is long, but i'm qued. Name is RectP

RP
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
theres like 5000 people ahead of me.

Boomer
02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Not a fan of Quake but the application seems really cool, and the price is right. Can I use a 360 controller via USB? I'm on a labtop, now and I don't wanna know how's like playing a shooter with this thing.

TPWW could use this as a test for Battlefield Online get-togethers.

Currently no gamepad support, which doesn't surprise me because its still a browser game (albeit an extremely advanced one). I'm sure you could get a program to convert the 360 button presses to keyboard presses, but it would still be fairly rudimentary.

And as for Battlefield Heroes, it might be free but it isn't a browser game. Besides the current queues, you can be up and running in QL in 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure why this should be a "test" for Battlefield...Quake Live will have a much larger audience than Battlefield probably ever will.

That being said, I'll still play Battlefield Heroes...but I doubt it will replace my TF2 time.

Boomer
02-27-2009, 12:32 PM
theres like 5000 people ahead of me.

Yeah I had 19000 in the afternoon yesterday. Last night was when I finally got to play, and everything was stupid simple. Getting in matches is almost immediate, and everything ran really well. The only problem I've seen so far is how abruptly matches end when someone wins...the screen looks like your internet just disconnected.

Kalyx triaD
02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Currently no gamepad support, which doesn't surprise me because its still a browser game (albeit an extremely advanced one). I'm sure you could get a program to convert the 360 button presses to keyboard presses, but it would still be fairly rudimentary.

And as for Battlefield Heroes, it might be free but it isn't a browser game. Besides the current queues, you can be up and running in QL in 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure why this should be a "test" for Battlefield...Quake Live will have a much larger audience than Battlefield probably ever will.

That being said, I'll still play Battlefield Heroes...but I doubt it will replace my TF2 time.

Where did the TF2 shout-out come from?

Boomer
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I mean the game looks like a TF2 version of Battlefield. And considering I don't play tons of shooting games all at the same time, I probably won't be able to pull myself from playing it more.

Kalyx triaD
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Humorously, Team Fortress is a variation of Battlefield's class-based gameplay.

Requiem
02-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Humorously, Team Fortress is a variation of Battlefield's class-based gameplay.

What? No it isn't. Team Fortress 1 was made in 99, and was class-based back then too.

Boomer
02-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah. What's humorous is that it was originally made as a mod for Quake.

Requiem
02-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah. What's humorous is that it was originally made as a mod for Quake.

Never really had much of a following until it's release for Half Life, though.

Boomer
02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah I started with TFC. I much preferred it to CS.

Kalyx triaD
02-27-2009, 03:37 PM
What? No it isn't. Team Fortress 1 was made in 99, and was class-based back then too.

I stand corrected.

Boomer
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I've had a lot of fun so far with the little bit I've played of it. I'm a little disappointed that stat-tracking is currently disabled, but I have been pleased that the website has recommended me games with people of equal skill. But I'm a bit of s scrub, so I'd be interested to see if Quake vets would quickly find games in their skill level.