PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (03/13) *Spoilers*

Juan
03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
SmackDown: (Airing Next Week)
* Eric Escobar b. Kizarny
- Solid dark match with lots of good spots. Esobar gets the win via pinfall.

* The show opens with Edge vs. Kofi Kingston. Edge wins after Kofi submits in the sharpshooter.

* The Miz & John Morrison b. Carlito & Primo Colon to retain the World Tag Team Championship.
- After the match The Miz & John Morrison leave with The Bella Twins.

* The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov is announced for later.

* Chavo Guerrero & Shelton Benjamin b. R-Truth & MVP when Shelton hit Pay Dirt on MVP.

* A WrestleMania video package airs before Matt Hardy comes out to "tell the truth" about Jeff. Matt comes up and holds up the dog collar of Jeff's dog that he lost in his house fire. This prompts Jeff to hit the ring. Matt offers to give the collar to Jeff as a token of love. Jeff grabs the mic from Matt and said that Matt is behind the stairwell incident, the car crash, and the fire. Jeff says Matt hates himself and is sick and twisted. Jeff takes out Matt in the ring then cries in the ring as he holds of the collar of his dead dog. Jeff receives a big pop.

* WWE Women's Champion Melina & Maria b. WWE Divas Champion Maryse & Michelle McCool when Melina rolled up Maryse because Michelle wouldn't tag in. After the match, McCool takes out Maryse.

* Finlay b. The Brian Kendrick with the Celtic Cross to qualify for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 25.
* The Undertaker b. Vladimir Kozlov
- Good back and forth action. The crowd is behind Undertaker. He gets the win clean after hitting a tombstone. After the match Undertaker looks up at the WrestleMania sign and the lights dim. This concludes next week's SmackDown

Dark Main Event:
* Edge vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy
- Edge gets the win to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Lock Jaw
03-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Matt should feed Jeff the charred remains of his dog.

Xero
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Dog Collar Match at Mania?

:shifty:

Xero
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Matt should feed Jeff the charred remains of his dog.

With a side of peppers.

Hornicane
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Matt should feed Jeff their parents.

Lock Jaw
03-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Man, that would be the ultimate heel move.

Juan
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
They're really lagging with the updates

Hornicane
03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Man, that would be the ultimate heel move.

8 years ago I could have almost seen it happening. :lol:

RatedGSuperstar
03-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, I guess yay for MVP and Benjamin qualifying for MITB on this week's episode. But Finlay over TBK? Jesus, Fairycakes, please lay off the pot soon.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Man, The Brian Kendrick vs. Finlay is going to be stiff as all hell. Apparently the agents are upset at Kendrick for not listening to their advice, and Finlay being an agent -- well, he'll probably work a little snug with Kendrick.

I wish Kendrick were getting into the match, because he would be fucking fantastic in it. Around Unforgiven time last year, I would have picked him as having a fucking good shot at winning the whole damn thing, but he's only got himself to blame, really.

So MITB is up to: CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Finlay. I've got to be honest, they really need another "spot" guy in there to really hold attention. Evan Bourne will likely return and qualify, so that is something. The other spot should probably go to Kofi Kingston, but I have a feeling that JBL or Vladimir Kozlov will make it in.

I was wondering if they'd bring the fire into this storyline, and they did. At least it's going to add drama.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
* The Undertaker b. Vladimir Kozlov
- Good back and forth action. The crowd is behind Undertaker. He gets the win clean after hitting a tombstone.

No fucking shit.

Juan
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I'd give the last 2 spots to Rey and Bourne

thedamndest
03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
The Bella Twins are really a bunch of hoes.

Lock Jaw
03-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Finlay was WCW Hardcore Champion, he could be good in a ladder match.

Juan
03-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I think he has past MITB experience

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM

Rey's already tried to earn a shot, and he lost out. Unless they do a "Last Chance Battle Royal" or something. Rey would be good in the match, but I'm hoping that he's not included means they've got bigger plans for him. I still like the idea of the WWE doing Rey Mysterio (IC Champion) vs. Vladimir Kozlov (US Champion) at Mania.

That leaves Kofi Kingston to go over JBL on RAW, sending JBL further off into the deep end. And on SmackDown!, Evan Bourne returns and defeats Umaga (providing he isn't hurt) to get in. That gives you CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. Finlay.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I think he has past MITB experience

Yeah, so far, only Mark Henry is new to the Money in the Bank concept. Punk, Benjamin and MVP are all returning from last year. That's almost half the match. The best thing about including someone like Henry, is that it provides a memorable dynamic.

That's pretty much why I feel Evan Bourne has to get in. Not only would he be hot off returning, and a fantastic addition to the Ladder Match, but he's a fresh face in there with all those returning guys. It's also why I'm a little glad that John Morrison wasn't just put into the match for the hell of it, when there is something better he could be doing.

Jeritron
03-03-2009, 11:18 PM

I would too. I want Kofi in there tho. I wish Finlay didn't qualify to be honest.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:18 PM
The Bella Twins are really a bunch of hoes.

If The Colons and Mizorrison work a segment where they are making fun of each other, and then suddenly start ripping of The Bellas for being whores, and kick them out of their feud and make it entirely about the Tag Team Titles, it'd probably be one of the best things I have ever seen on WWE TV.

Juan
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I would too. I want Kofi in there tho. I wish Finlay didn't qualify to be honest.

Same here

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Finlay isn't needed when Kane is in there, I think. Kane's going to be grounded enough to bring a different style to the match, and make sure it runs smoothly.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
They should have each participant in the match defend their spot, so that the universe can be set right.

Jeritron
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I honestly want Mark Henry in there. I think it's gonna be funny and could result in some memorable gags/spots.
Kane is a solid choice too, I think.

Finlay is just pointless to me, since they're already there. He'd be a good choice if they didn't have other options. With only 2 spots left I can think of 3 or 4 guys who deserve them.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Imagine if Money in the Bank had been this:

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Evan Bourne vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Kofi Kingston vs. MVP

Just dreaming.

Droford
03-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Depending on the last two participants in MITB, I think MVP is all but a shoe in to win since he would benefit the most from winning it.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't know -- while he has been proclaimed as the man who should win it next, I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think Kane's got the best chance out of anyone confirmed so far. MVP has been chasing the US Title, and the WWE have been hesitant about pushing him right to the moon. He's also just off a face turn. Putting the briefcase of a face makes them look all sleazy when they do win the belt in the same manner that CM Punk did.

I guess it's part of MVP's "I'm still MVP, but now you love me" character, but I'm still going to go with Kane as my pick right now. Maybe that will change as we learn more about the match.

Vastardikai
03-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Man, The Brian Kendrick vs. Finlay is going to be stiff as all hell. Apparently the agents are upset at Kendrick for not listening to their advice, and Finlay being an agent -- well, he'll probably work a little snug with Kendrick.

Well, I see Finlay working stiff with Kendrick because his name is Finlay.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Well, I see Finlay working stiff with Kendrick because his name is Finlay.

That too.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2009, 04:02 AM
How bizarre would it be if the WWE did scrap Cena from the World Heavyweight Title program, and he instead qualified for Money in the Bank? CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Cena vs. Evan Bourne vs. Finlay?

Juan
03-04-2009, 04:03 AM
How bizarre would it be if the WWE did scrap Cena from the World Heavyweight Title program, and he instead qualified for Money in the Bank? CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Cena vs. Evan Bourne vs. Finlay?

That would result in the ultimate case of "Spoiler: Cena Wins"

Lux
03-04-2009, 04:47 AM
That would result in the ultimate case of "Spoiler: Cena Wins"

I can see it now... and it makes me cry. :'(

Sting Fan
03-04-2009, 06:41 AM
I could see Kane winning for the simple reason that I think the MITB winner cant win the title with it this year.

At some point a IMTB winner has to not win the belt with his or her shot. In WWE World when theres jobbing to be done, who betta than Kane???

Xero
03-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Kanyon.

DAMN iNATOR
03-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I could see Kane winning for the simple reason that I think the MITB winner cant win the title with it this year.

At some point a IMTB winner has to not win the belt with his or her shot. In WWE World when theres jobbing to be done, who betta than Kane???

No, there are better candidates for that sort of swerve, such as Shelton, or M.V.P. even.

Afterlife
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Well, I guess yay for MVP and Benjamin qualifying for MITB on this week's episode. But Finlay over TBK? Jesus, Fairycakes, please lay off the pot soon.

This is what struck me. Get your shit together, man. :nono:

Jeritron
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe Bourne won't return in time, and the last two spots will go to Rey and Kofi. I really would like Bourne in there though. I can't really imagine why the powers that be wouldn't, other than sacrificing his presence for Finlay to get his check.
Perhaps Finlay can be a placeholder, and if Bourne is ready to return before Mania he can beat Finlay for his spot in the match.

Then, Finlay and the Swog could get involved (since it's obvious WWE wants them to), by doing a run in.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2009, 10:44 PM

I disagree. There is no reason for the Money in the Bank winner to not cash in his briefcase successfully. It's picking your own circumstances, and if you can't get the win in that sort of environment, then you look like a fool.

If Kane wins, then I'd truthfully hope he cashed in successfully. He could go between the brands stalking each champion, and really getting back into fun creepy Kane mode. Then one day, after one of the big two champions has wrestled a gruelling match, Kane pops in the ring, tosses down the briefcase, and gives them a Chokeslam. He laughs and then tells the referee he's cashing in. The match is announced for one fall, and for the WWE/World Heavyweight Championship. Kane grabs the champion by the throat, lifts them to their feet, and gives them another Chokeslam. New champion.

Then Kane gets something actually resembling a true World Title run. I wouldn't go as far as to call it his "thank you" World Title run, but it's something that Kane deserves for all his hard work for the company, and consistently being a reliable star for them to use in high profile matches. After he drops that title, they can decide what to do with him, and hopefully that can lead to a "thank you" run in 2010 before he retires. That World Title he wins under clean, real match circumstances.

Sting Fan
03-05-2009, 03:11 AM
No, there are better candidates for that sort of swerve, such as Shelton, or M.V.P. even.

Not in WWE land.

And Noid, I would love to see Kane win, stalk a champion and kick there ass. Im just using WWE logic.

GD
03-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Kane looks solid since the begining of 2009.

Sting Fan
03-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Whats that? Two months, hence there due to fuck him around, maybe have him electrocute someones testicles or something.

GD
03-05-2009, 05:29 AM
We all know he is not going to win.

Mr. C
03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
I’d give the last two spots to Brian Kendrick and Rey Mysterio. That gives you Brian Kendrick vs. CM Punk vs. Fit Finlay vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Shelton Benjamin.

Jeritron
03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
No to Brian Kendrick. Sorry, but Evan Bourne and Kofi are far more deserving, both in terms of popularity and credibility. They also are more suited for the match type.

That's just my opinion, but to me it's already a shame that more than likely one of those guys is going to get denied.

Vastardikai
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
No to Brian Kendrick. Sorry, but Evan Bourne and Kofi are far more deserving, both in terms of popularity and credibility. They also are more suited for the match type.

That's just my opinion, but to me it's already a shame that more than likely BOTH of those guys is going to get denied.

Jeritron
03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I think Rey will get in, and either Bourne or Kofi will take the final spot. Probably Kofi, since Bourne may not be back in time.
I'm holding out hope that Bourne comes back in time, and somehow he replaces Finlay. I doubt it though.