PDA

View Full Version : I know this question gets asked a lot(console opinion)

Crazy Nick
03-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Hey guys how is it going? Pretty good here, I was just wondering which console should I get? Should I get the PS3 or the 360. Right now I have the money to get a 360. Keep in mind I mainly use a gaming system for gaming. I was just wondering is the PS3 that much better or is the 360 just as good. I have heard stories about the 360 failing quite easily and the PS3 failing but not as soon. So should I save up some money for the PS3 or just go ahead and get a 360? Thoughts?

Vietnamese Crippler
03-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Just weigh the games you want to play.

I have both and there's honestly nothing that one holds over the other barring exclusive games. Well, I do like the PS3 controller better, but that doesn't count.

But if you want to game NOW, might as well be the 360. Also, the new model 360s are supposedly much, much more well designed, which equals less RRODs.

Requiem
03-04-2009, 03:37 AM
PC > 360 > PS3 > Wii, in that order.

As said above though, decide which games you'd rather play. PS3 has some killer exclusives now, but the 360 has a very large library of quality games. Most of the 'main' games out there are multi-platform, so it just comes down to which exclusives you would like more.

.44 Magdalene
03-04-2009, 05:09 AM
360, easily. I've had all three systems in my house, and while they've all got their moments, the 360 gets the most action hands down. The PS3 is only worth the money if you're desperate for Blu Ray.

Or retarded, I guess.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2009, 07:29 AM
360 so you can play TPWWs elite

Funky Fly
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I was gonna ask what games you prefer, but really, 360 has more of everything, hands down. Plus a lot of the earlier multiplatform titles were lead developed on the 360, meaning they're actually slightly to quite better (depending on the game) on the 360. Developers have started leading their development on the PS3 these days, so multiplatform titles have negligible differences in quality now.

Really, you're only gonna choose the PS3 if you don't mind a cheaper (quality, not price) Blu Ray player or if you like their exclusives better (GoW3, Motostorm series, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Resistance series, Little Big Planted and Heavenly Sword, I think... not a whole lot).

Funky Fly
03-04-2009, 01:06 PM
And Hansey is right, 90% of TPWWites are on the 360.

Fignuts
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I have both, and 360 is definitely the better choice, if you had to choose. Flat out more games, and a much better online service. Also, it was earlier generations of 360's that failed a lot. The models in store today, have a much lower RROD probability than before.

CSL
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
:heart: my PS3

My Final Heaven
03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
:heart: my PS3

Fryza
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
It's the 360 dude. Better selection of games, more selection of games, better customer service and warranty, and a better online set-up.

G
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Get the RE Elite which comes out in a week. To balance it out from being red, you get $60 game, $15 game and a 1 month Live card. If you're like me, you can return the RE for $60 to make it even cheaper.

Anybody Thrilla
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I mostly play sports games, and I think PS3 is better for that. MLB: The Show (another exclusive title) is as real as baseball gets. Just incredible. Plus, the controller lends itself much better to sports games.

Fignuts
03-05-2009, 01:27 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tm4drxAiwLc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tm4drxAiwLc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stone cold
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
The 360 has alot better online gaming service. But if your looking to watch Blu-Ray movies than get a PS3. It's all what your prefer better. I have all 3 systems, i use the 360 for online play and the PS3 for watching Blu-Ray movies, the Wii is for my daughter.

Funky Fly
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tm4drxAiwLc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tm4drxAiwLc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was... unbelievable. There can't possibly be that much lame in one person.

Crazy Nick
03-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Well I am not too picky when it comes to the games I play, I enjoy just about anything. I am really into wrestling games. I will occasionally play shooters. I will play some RPGs. I play other sports games as well. I am really into action games too, like Resident Evil and Prince of Persia. Thus far I am really leaning towards buying the 360. A buddy of mine was telling me to save up for the PS3 but I am really thinking I will go with the 360. Thanks for the advice guys.

The Mackem
03-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Was thinking about buying the 360 but I just can't motivate myself to buy something guaranteed to break.

Ogen
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
The new ones won't break though Mackem and if it does its supposedly not that much effort to get fixed ( having said that I decided to just go buy a new one but I'm a bit thick like that ) tis a good ol system loving it even more lately now that I downloaded some tihng that lets it stream movies from my pc so just download films I want to see and the xbox plays them through my tele which is just fineand dandy

Purgatory
03-06-2009, 08:27 AM
As everyone says, it just depends on what your preference for games is. The 360's RROD problem does suck, but it's easy enough to avoid. Keep it ventilated, is all. I have mine proped up on a wire stand, leaving about 2 feet of open area all around it. Might want an Intercool Fan as an added protection, but I've read mixed positives and negatives regarding them.

I got the RROD about 2 weeks before Christmas. I had finally gotten it sent off on Dec.
17th for repair. I got it back on Jan. 7th, but they oted to send a brand new system as mine was 'unrepairable'. That was a plus, as my old system was bought used and was a '2006 model. The new one runs a bit quieter, seemingly.

G
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Was thinking about buying the 360 but I just can't motivate myself to buy something guaranteed to break.

There is a 33% chance of it RRoD. That does not mean it's guaranteed to break. Besides, the new Jaspers are apparently suppose to never RRoD.

OssMan
03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
The 360 is made by Microsoft

Funky Fly
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
The 360 is made by Microsoft

And aside from the hardware issues, non-standard hard drives and peripherals being on the expensive side, there is nothing wrong with that. Their online is standardized. Their games library is huge and diverse. They have a far better offering of exclusive titles than the other 2 systems this generation. They offer deals on DLC all the time. And best of all, they managed to put out a powerful gaming system without tons of bloatware driving up the price.

Crazy Nick
03-07-2009, 06:06 AM
There is a 33% chance of it RRoD. That does not mean it's guaranteed to break. Besides, the new Jaspers are apparently suppose to never RRoD.

That has been what has held me back from getting one so far, is that I dont want to get something that will fail on me in 6 months.

G
03-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Here, this post from gamefaqs summed it up pretty well.

squarex2003 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=927749&topic=48474968&user=235499)
Posted 3/7/2009 11:21:10 AM
message detail (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/detail.php?board=927749&topic=48474968&message=531046724)

"If you buy a newer model of the Xbox now, your chances of getting the RROD are highly reduced, especially if you take care of your system and keep it ventilated. Earlier models of consoles had a much higher likelihood of breaking down, but the chance is much smaller now.

In addition if it does break down, you now have a three year warranty for you to send it in and have it fixed by Microsoft for free. This won't cover other issues or ODD drive problems, but it should ease your mind about the RROD.

There are a lot of people who will come on the board and say how their console has died, but you have to remember that some of these are older models, some consoles will unfortunately have the defects, and there are always some risks. But I wouldn't let the negativity of those risks outweigh getting the console. I've had my 360 for about eight months now without any problems, and it has been great to play. And I was just as concerned with you in the beginning."

PapaGeorgio
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I have a 360, just sold my Wii, gonna use the money to get a PS3, mainly for the Blu Ray player. Want a blu ray player, and figured toss in extra hundred for the PS3 and can then play some games too.

Funky Fly
03-07-2009, 03:07 PM
That has been what has held me back from getting one so far, is that I dont want to get something that will fail on me in 6 months.

3 year warranty now. Plus is you spend the extra cash at Best Buy or wherever they usually offer their own supplementary 2 year in store warranty that takes effect after the Microsoft warranty ends.