PDA

View Full Version : Verne Gagne kills someone...

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
A retired pro-wrestler is believed to have bodyslammed a 97-year-old fellow nursing home patient, causing the man's death.

Ex-Wrestler In 'Bodyslam' Killing At OAP Home

Verne Gagne, 83, apparently broke Helmutt Gutmann's hip in the manouevre at their nursing home in Indiana, US.

Mr Gutmann, a former cancer researcher, died three weeks after the incident.

Authorities ruled the death was homicide but details of the event are unclear because neither man could recall what happened.

Police are investigating but not even the victim's widow wants to see Mr Gagne, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, prosecuted.

Betty Gutmann says she does not blame Mr Gagne for her husband's death and believes he had no idea what he was doing.

She said most Alzheimer's victims are old and frail, and when they lash out they do not usually cause much harm.

But she added that Mr Gagne "was a professional athlete and was trained to do certain moves. This is what makes him much more dangerous than the ordinary person" with dementia.

Behaviour and personality changes are common as Alzheimer's progresses and victims of the disease can become agitated.

Mr Gagne has lost most of his short-term memory, while his recollection of events long ago remains vivid.

There is speculation he was experiencing a flashback to his wrestling days but it is almost impossible to verify.

His son, Greg Gagne, a former wrestler himself, said: "It's been so hard on both families."

Police said they plan to forward the case to prosecutors for possible charges but it is unlikely Mr Gagne will be convicted.

Indiana state law prohibits prosecuting anyone without the mental capacity to understand the proceedings or offer a defence.

Since the tragedy he has been moved to another institution.

During his glory days as a pro-wrestler, Verne Gagne shared the spotlight with top fighters Killer Kowalski, Mad Dog Vachon, the Crusher and Baron Von Raschke.

Gagne is the founder and owner of the American Wrestling Association and wore its championship belt.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090306/twl-ex-wrestler-in-bodyslam-killing-at-o-3fd0ae9.html

BigDaddyCool
03-06-2009, 12:01 PM
OLD

Nark Order
03-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry, I really am because I know a man died here but this is hilarious.

Xero
03-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Which are you talking about BDC, the story or Verne?

BigDaddyCool
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Both.

The Fonz
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm sorry, I really am because I know a man died here but this is hilarious.

This.

thedamndest
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
OLD

Didn't you just make a thread where Nash talked about Chris Benoit?

BigDaddyCool
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Didn't you just make a thread where Nash talked about Chris Benoit?

I did, and I said it was old as well.

thedamndest
03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
So the key to making an old thread is prefacing it. Hear that, Narc, you jabroni?

BigDaddyCool
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Sure.

IC Champion
03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
So the key to making an old thread is prefacing it. Hear that, Narc, you jabroni?

Atleast someone gets thing around here, ya sexy bitch

Volare
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Finally Minnesota gets some F'n attention!

Theo Dious
03-06-2009, 08:07 PM
For crying out loud, he was 97, he's have been dead in a month anyways.

thedamndest
03-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Is it too late to have Greg Gagne wrestle David Flair in an angle related to this somehow?

Rammsteinmad
03-07-2009, 12:51 PM
When did this happen?

Also, how did a 83 year old manage to pick up a 97 year old?

thedamndest
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
It's doubtful that he actually performed a legitimate bodyslam, or that the other old man supported himself on Gagne's knee properly. What's more likely is that it was a body check of some kind, but since Gagne is a wrestler, the press made it into a "bodyslam" because that is more fitting to the story.

Theo Dious
03-08-2009, 01:41 AM
It's doubtful that he actually performed a legitimate bodyslam, or that the other old man supported himself on Gagne's knee properly. What's more likely is that it was a body check of some kind, but since Gagne is a wrestler, the press made it into a "bodyslam" because that is more fitting to the story.

It was probably more akin to a fingerpoke of doom.

Actually, the guy probably died in the same room as Gagne, and the home's staff claimed that Gagne did it to keep their insurance costs down.