PDA

View Full Version : IYO: Does Hornswoggle make Finlay seem less legitimate?

Nark Order
03-06-2009, 12:28 PM
DISCUSS

Xero
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes.

/thread

Nark Order
03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
When Finlay first came in it seemed like he would have a Hardcore Holly-esque type character but alot better. Just a grizzled, innovative brawler veteran who isn't content unless he knocks somebody's teeth out. When the Swog came in, it diminished that a bit. I liked that that they did the best that they could with Swog there but I feel that Finlay could've been so much more than he is now.

Fabien Barthez
03-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Fit Finlay should be a tough as balls brawling heel.

A lepreachean singlet and a penny whistle theme does him no more favours than Hornswoggle.

Xero
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I fully expect Noid to come in here and defend Hornswoggle, saying it makes Finlay seem like more of a brute.

The Fonz
03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
A little bit, yeah. It does make him less threatening that that guy who would just beat your ass for no apparent reason at all.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Swog was fine when he was Little Bastard, and Finlay was still a heel. Then they started with the father/son thing, and the new theme and completely gayed up his character. It all started with Swog though

GD
03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
IYO :'(

You didn't even leave the :'s.

Yes Horny does make Finlay less legitimate. But hey it's the PG era and their father-son duo is popular among the younger audience.

Lock Jaw
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Why are people still talking when Xero already ended the thread?

abec
03-06-2009, 03:14 PM
He wouldnt, but the moment he started using Hornswoggles music he was done as legitimate.

Triple Naitch
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
When he started throwing toys into the stands he lost all legitmacy.

Ruien
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I like the go under the ring and wait to help out thing the midget does.

Gerard
03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
He needs to go back to his old theme and ditch the midget.

Funky Fly
03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
When Finlay first came in it seemed like he would have a Hardcore Holly-esque type character but alot better. Just a grizzled, innovative brawler veteran who isn't content unless he knocks somebody's teeth out. When the Swog came in, it diminished that a bit. I liked that that they did the best that they could with Swog there but I feel that Finlay could've been so much more than he is now.

This. It actually was pretty good when Swog was a face in peril kinda deal and a heel would be about to punt him or something and Finlay would flip the fuck out and beat the shit out of said heel. Like he'd be jobbing to Khali all match long and then Khali is looking to eat Swog and then Finlay beats the shit out Khali with the shillelagh and Khali fuckin books it.

He can be a face and still be a bad ass.

Vastardikai
03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
This. It actually was pretty good when Swog was a face in peril kinda deal and a heel would be about to punt him or something and Finlay would flip the fuck out and beat the shit out of said heel. Like he'd be jobbing to Khali all match long and then Khali is looking to eat Swog and then Finlay beats the shit out Khali with the shillelagh and Khali fuckin books it.

He can be a face and still be a bad ass.

Yes, but John Laurinitis (the most vocal opponent to Finlay working AT ALL, and a guy who is consistently WRONG when it comes to wrestling) would rather he be Face Doink 2.0.

Funky Fly
03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, yeah, but as long as McMahon's dick is firmly lodged in his mouth, there isn't much we can do about it is there?

Londoner
03-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I think its pretty obvious the answer to this thread is yes. I'm just waiting for a Finlay heel turn/him to turn against Hornswoggle, then he can get back on track and Hornswoggle can be released.

The Fonz
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I think its pretty obvious the answer to this thread is yes. I'm just waiting for a Finlay heel turn/him to turn against Hornswoggle, then he can get back on track and Hornswoggle can be released.

How do you Future Endeavor a midget?

Xero
03-06-2009, 04:54 PM
The same way you Future Endeavor retards and quadriplegics.

Nicky Fives
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
yes.....without question

thedamndest
03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't know that I would release the Swog if/when they split him from Finlay. Swog is pretty over with the kids, so he could start go back under the ring and just pick a random guy to buddy up with. It could make for some funny moments, and then depending where that goes, that guy could go over Finlay, yadda yadda.

Eventually, once Finlay is established as some kind of mid-level heel (kind of where Mark Henry is now) there would probably be a very happy Father/Son reunion angle, though the Swog, having been hardened from being away from Finlay, wouldn't quite trust him still, so he might be more of a dick to him than his best buddy as he is now.

I dunno, they'll probably just keep them walking to the ring handing out knick knacks to children.

Xero
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
They need to bring back the Minis division.

I want to see Mini Cena vs. Mini MVP vs. Hornswoggle vs. Max Mini.

Triple Naitch
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Finlay turning on Hornswoggle. He goes to hit Swog with the shileleigh and then The Great Khali comes out and makes the save and they form an alliance. How fucking over would Khali be? Dare I say............desi?

Gertner
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
It does, but without Hornswoggle, Finlay would have been released by now.

Vastardikai
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
^

Except, Finlay is on the payroll as an agent, and a good one. He is probably guaranteed a job for life for one reason: Trish Stratus. He's also been helping Miz and Morrison, among others.

And because of the help he has given the likes of Lashley and Batista (who said that Finlay "Saved his career"), he'll probably be kept as an agent well after he decides that he's done in the ring.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2009, 07:52 PM
The only time I've really enjoyed the Finlay/Hornswoggle relationship is during his feud with Mike Knox. The Awesome Bearded One talked about how Finlay had gone soft, and Finlay said that he he may come out to jovial music, throw toys to the crowd, and hang out with his son, but he fucking dares Mike Knox to get in the ring with him. That was a pretty awesome character -- the guy who is so assured he is a bad-ass that he doesn't need to act like a bad-ass.

I fucking miss Finlay's old music, though. And his old character, without the PG influences. If Finlay snapped, beat down Hornswoggle one day, and became a massive heel, I would celebrate in the streets.

I do have to agree that Hornswoggle has breathed a certain "WWE life" into Finlay's character, and given him the (unfortunate) means by which to stay around and live in the hearts of the WWE fanbase. Finlay gives the Hornswoggle character purpose, and Hornswoggle gives the Finlay character WWE appeal. It's fucking ridiculous, but that's sadly how things work these days.

This time last year, I was talking about how Finlay could be a less iconic, older answer to Stone Cold Steve Austin. A bad-ass who just kicked ass all the time, as if he were a heel, but with the fans' support. If he had gone over JBL at WrestleMania XXIV, after beating JBL senseless, and doing the same thing to the then mega-heel Vince McMahon, things could have been looking very good for Mr. Finlay.

Kane Knight
03-07-2009, 11:37 AM

It'd be cooler if Swog turned heel on Finlay. You know, score one for the little guy.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2009, 02:57 PM
As long as there is a midget beating, I am happy.

Xero
03-07-2009, 03:04 PM
The beating occurs after the Swog beats Finlay clean.

You'll still be happy?

Cactus Jack 54
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Def. I'm so fed up with that gimmick.

The Optimist
03-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes.

/thread

This.

Wait.

Krimzon7
03-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I hate Hornswaggle. I want to see FInlay Midget dart that fucking little fucker.

Kane86
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
GOD yes Hornswoggle=Death of the wrestling business

Anybody Thrilla
03-10-2009, 04:18 PM
List of people who can kill the wrestling business according to Kane86:

-Santino Marella
-Ricky Ortiz
-Hornswoggle

....is there anybody I'm missing?