PDA

View Full Version : MITB predictions *spoilers*

Dorkchop
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I actually don't know who's going to win this year... it's pretty exciting. So far the guys who've qualified are Kane, Mark Henry, Kofi Kingston, Finlay, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, CM Punk and Christian. I'm bored so I'm going to list a few thing why each person could win or won't win. Some are easier to come up with than others.

Kane
+ as much as he's jobbed over the past 7 years, he could immediately be thrown into the main event and be viewed as a threat
- always jobs.

Mark Henry
+ been built pretty strong this past year. WWE may want to try him as a main eventer on Raw or Smackdown
+ hasn't hurt anyone in a while
- will most likely hurt 5 people in that match alone
- injury prone. Why put that much faith in him if he's always injured *cough Kennedy*
- Wouldn't be exciting. The only way it would be exciting if Henry cashed it in and lost against a huge face champ like Austin, Rock, or Eddie after they fought a huge match (thinking Henry will actually win, but just barely loses). However, WWE does not have any champs like this at the moment.

Kofi Kingston
+ No one expects him to win, would be exciting.
+ Great way to test him in the main event. Could win MITB and lose when cashing it in being the first person to do so.
- he'll put on a great show, but is still too new to the company for something like this

Finlay
+ consistently entertaining
- doesn't need to win.
- seems more at home on ECW. Doubt WWE will waste MITB on ECW or officially bring him to Raw or Smackdown.
- probably viewed as too old, regardless of how awesome he is in the ring. WWE is stupid like that.

Shelton Benjamin
+ shines every year in the MITB
+ has been a solid mid carder for about 5 years
- WWE tried pushing him into the main event a while ago, but he wasn't ready. WWE might want to keep him where he's at.

MVP
+ recently turned face and is getting pushed again (I think)
+ seriously is main even quality as a face or heel.
- had that stupid losing angle

CM Punk
+ one of the most featured guys on Raw
+ just lost the IC belt... could be a sign for bigger and better things
- won last year. Would be more exciting to see someone new win

Christian
+ already has a program with Swagger. Could be used to further it.
+ could easily be worked into a program with Edge
- just returned and has to work his way up
- WWE completely ignored the crowd response he was getting before he left. Might do the same now.

MVP - my pick to win
Shelton Benjamin - second
Kane - third
Christian - fourth
CM Punk - fifth
Mark Henry - sixth
Kofi Kingston - seventh
Finlay - eighth

Triple Naitch
03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I think either MVP, Shelton, or Punk. Shelton is so fucking talented, but I just can't see him ever being a World Champion.

Volare
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Your breakdown is pretty good. But you know how WWE always likes to take thier cheap shots at TNA. That's why I think Christain is gonna win, and throw him into an angle against Edge.(My prediction to win BTW)

It just makes too much sense. Christain comes back, says he waited for his time to shine, and screws Edge in the process.

Triple Naitch
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I would also say Christian being in a program with Swagger is a negative and not a positive. He's already established in a World title feud, so the briefcase would be useless.

GD
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Although Punk has 2 reigns as Champion under his belt, he still has a long way to go.

GD
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Benjamin can wait. He still needs a strong build.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm picking MVP to win. He is the only complete package in the MitB match.

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
MVP FTW IN MITB FTR BTW FFS BDC!!!

GD
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Acronyms Rule!

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I like MVP seriously, I don't know if I want him to take the briefcase just yet. If he does, I definitely dont' want to see him call his shot like Kennedy and wait until Mania next year...

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I think the only thing MVP is missing is some big name wins. Also, if Shawn Micheals doesn't beat Taker this year, MVP should next year.

GD
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Come on! remember Kennedy getting over HBK and now it seems like a lot of people don't care about him.

Kane86
03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Mvp is not good enough to end the streak.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Come on! remember Kennedy getting over HBK and now it seems like a lot of people don't care about him.

That is because Kennedy was pushed to hard, to fast and his only real talent was repeating his name. MVP has shown he can carry matches, promos, and entire feuds.

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I think the only thing MVP is missing is some big name wins. Also, if Shawn Micheals doesn't beat Taker this year, MVP should next year.

Completely right here. The only legitimate person he had on his resume bible busted his wife and Fragile X'd his kid...

Afterlife
03-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't hate MVP as much as I used to. That said, I would rather Kofi win than MVP. Not to insinuate that I dislike Kofi. I just find him more entertaining, in general.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Completely right here. The only legitimate person he had on his resume bible busted his wife and Fragile X'd his kid...

MVP has had forgettable matches with Kane, they just don't click. And he can't ever reference back to Chris Benoit. Everyone else has been midcarders. It is hard to look like a legit maineventer when you never really face any.

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
He can lay claim to beating Rick Flair, but that was a forgettable match as well.

BigDaddyCool
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
So can everyone in WCW.

St. Jimmy
03-10-2009, 05:33 PM
you forgot some things:

MVP:
- Is Black

Shelton
- Is Black.

WWE Logic should be implied here.

Volare
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
BATHTURD?!?!

CSL
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Punk or MVP would be my pick. Christian too. Kane is an outside possibility 'cause of their fondness of giving him month long main event pushes

The Fonz
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
you forgot some things:

MVP:
- Is Black

Shelton
- Is Black.

Mizark
- Is Black.

Kofi
- Is Black (Jamaican/African?)

WWE Logic should be implied here.

There we go. So subtracting the black guys, the old guy, and the glorified jobber, our choices are between Punk and Christian.

Though I would like to see Punk actually have a legitimate World Title reign, since he's been built up a lot over the past year, I don't think that'll happen.

Christian could use the MITB to get his way out of ECW and into a program with Edge, but that would require Vince having some form of trust in him.

CSL
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Vince loves Christian really. Due to his newfound love of swerving the IWC, he's gonna put all 2 and a half World titles on him at 'Mania

Juan
03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
MVP
+ recently turned face and is getting pushed again (I think)
+ seriously is main even quality as a face or heel.
- had that stupid losing angle

It was BECAUSE of the losing streak that he's over as a face now and has been getting the push. I wouldn't call it stupid.

Afterlife
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Punk winning twice could be interesting. He could use the whole "You know what happened LAST time.." to any champion he targets.

thedamndest
03-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't have called Punk a contender until they took the IC title off him. Still going with MVP though.

Hopefully this means we get Swagger/Tommy now???

Nicky Fives
03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I could see pretty much anyone winning it this year except for Finlay... I hope its either Christian or Kane

GD
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I see some great possibilities. But I would rather not share them because then maybe Vincy would read it and jinx it.

Ruien
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
JBL will come out and steal the briefcase.

Ruien
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Or buy it from whoever wins it.

legendkillerRKO
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
what if mark henry and kane try to climb up the ladder at the same time? dont those things have like a 400 pound limit!?

Xero
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Gravity happens.

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 10:25 PM
So do injuries. I don't see Kane even wanting to be near Henry during this match.

Xero
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
*Henry approaches Kane in the hall.*
Henry: Yo man, I have a great spot in mind for-
Kane: No.

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Henry: But Kane wait, it's a tot...
Kane: no.

In disgust, Henry storms out of the boiler room and walks past MVP

Henry: Yo' my nigga! I got a great idea for a spot for the-
MVP: BALLIN!!!! yo dawg i'm finally getting a push you think I'm gonna let you HHH my quad? get the fuck outta here!
Henry::'( I'm safe now dammit!

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Finlay walks by and...

Homo

Xero
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
*Henry then continues onto Christian*

Henry: Hey man, I have-
Christian: MARK! I've been meaning to see you! I have a great spot for just before I take the case! I want you to *Christian whispers in his ear*

*Flash to Mania, Christian lying in a heap, leg clearly broken.*

Christian: WHY GOD, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
As they cart Christian to the back

Vince: Christian,

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!

Triple Naitch
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
He's furry? :shifty:

Xero
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Maybe he IS a furry.

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
:'( Maybe I epically failed.

Xero
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
U fail english? That's unpossible!

Krimzon7
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
English is my second language. I speak AMERICAN.

Volare
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Fo Shizzle!

Jeritron
03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
MVP or Christian

legendkillerRKO
03-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Kofi will win MITB, attack Edge at next years Elimination Chamber and take the title...then its all coming full circle! REVENGE MON!

Jeritron
03-11-2009, 03:09 AM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jLBlBLW8G6k&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jLBlBLW8G6k&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Jeritron
03-11-2009, 03:09 AM
always bet on black

Krimzon7
03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
and green and gold

Boop Boop Boop!

BigDaddyCool
03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
IF Punk wins, there better be a heel turn.

Impeccable
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Can the briefcase be redeemed same night?

I'd like to see Christian win and then screw Edge (as Edge has to countless others) at Wrestlemania.

Insta-feud!

BigDaddyCool
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM

I'd like to see Christian win and then screw Edge (as Edge has to countless others) at Wrestlemania.

Insta-feud!

In theory, yes.

Krimzon7
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
In coolness too! WWE had better be ready to run with a face Edge. Imagine, He just found out that his slut bag of a wife was whoring around on hime with his opponent(s). He manages to over come the odds, and his bitch of a wife to triumph at Mania...

Only to see Vickie smiling, as Christian runs to the ring hits the Killswitch and Leave Mania with the Belt, the Bitch and the Boos!

DAMN iNATOR
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Yes. It can be redeemed anytime between the night of WM 25 and WM XXVI.

RVDmark
03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
English is my second language. I speak AMERICAN.

:rofl:

Lux
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
To however said Kofi was black, he is Jamacian. :roll: There is a difference.

My pick is MVP, I just think he'll win it this year.

Dorkchop
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM

He's not even Jamaican. He's from Ghana, haha.

Kane86
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM

No there is not and Kofi is not going to win it. It will most likely be Christian. Kofi sucks plain and simple as that.

Volare
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Pretty much from what I've seen on this thread, it's coming down to MVP, Christain, and Punk for MITB. Alright group vote who's it gonna be from these 3? (In speculation of course!)

Juan
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
My money is on MVP

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc56/a728244/MVP.gif
BALLIN'

Jeritron
03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Vince: I'm gonna have Christian win that briefcase. That'll show him how much I hate him

Triple Naitch
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
MVP will get the most mileage out of the push. I'm going with Montel.

RatedGSuperstar
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
I think handling the losing streak angle so well earned MVP some major points backstage, or at least enough for him to be a serious contender for the briefcase. I guess the word was that they wanted to test MVP to see if he was committed long-term unlike Lesnar or Lashley, and it looks like he proved that to them, which is more than we could probably say for Christian at this point.

It's probably a crack-brained theory, but I'm trying to use WWE logic as to why they'd put the briefcase on MVP instead of Christian.

A CM Punk repeat coupled with a heel turn would be great, but lately I've been developing a fear that Punk is going to be a face as long as the TV PG era lasts. A straight-edge face is about as PG as it gets this side of Cena, and he has a ton of merch out there for the kids to buy.

Afterlife
03-12-2009, 11:56 PM
My money is on MVP

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc56/a728244/MVP.gif
BALLIN'

Man, that Fryza can dance.

Mr. Nerfect
03-13-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm still not sold on MVP winning, even though he seems like the popular pick. When he came out of the losing streak, the WWE pretty much blatantly implied that they want him at US Title level. I'd actually say that Shelton Benjamin has a better chance of winning the briefcase than MVP. Benjamin was recently touted backstage as being "better than" MVP, and Benjamin got to work two competitive matches with The Undertaker recently.

MVP with the briefcase would have worked when he was a heel, but right now he is a face. I think he'll look like a million bucks in the match, and he might even be US Champion by the time it rocks around, but I don't think he'll win.

I'd also rule out Mark Henry winning, because it just isn't exciting. He is in there to look like a monster, and create the idea that people could die in this match. Finlay winning is unlikely, and he is probably in there just to be a veteran presence, and so he can get a WrestleMania payday. Kofi Kingston has been fantastic recently, and is on a roll, but I think he'll be used as a stand-out spot guy in the match, like Shelton Benjamin has been, and he'll ride the "impressiveness" of his performance here to boost him further as a face.

Shelton Benjamin could win, but I don't know. He just doesn't seem "high priority" enough. Even over Kane. I think they'll try and push him to the top cleanly again this year, without the aid of a briefcase. Benjamin might even win the King of the Ring, or something. Kane winning is something I could see happening, but not when there are better options. It'd be between Punk or Christian, I'd say, but with Punk winning last year, and Christian being hot off returning, I think the WWE puts on the briefcase on Christian.

Krimzon7
03-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Man, they punished MVP just for being the next hot commodity. That was the whole emphasis behind the losing streak. But I think Mcmahon would rather put the case on him NOW as opposed to somebody who 'just came crawlin back from TNA'. I'd place house money on Punk, MVP, Christian, or some awesome swerve that we haven't considered yet.

Benjamin hasn't connected with the crowd the way a MITB winner should.

Juan
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't call what happened to MVP a punishment. It got him over and will probably win MITB now.

Londoner
03-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Christian must win this. A christian v edge feud could be great.

Volare
03-13-2009, 07:26 PM
A agree TL, that's why I think Christain will win, plus think...somewhere down the line someone just might have the balls in the writing staff to try and make the great fatal fourway TLC Match with Edge, Christain, Matt, and Jeff!

Mr. Nerfect
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
If they have Christian win MITB, they could have the Edge/Christian/Matt/Jeff stuff be for the briefcase. A TLC Match for it could be very cool. It's also a way to have Christian win the match at WrestleMania, but not have to be the one who cashes in the shot -- meaning they can hold off on his big title win, assuming they do want to get him there.

Also, I know that reports were saying that the WWE was keeping MVP on the losing streak to test his character, but almost every source was reporting heat on MVP being the original instigator of the incident. It was stupid, but I don't think MVP will suddenly be made a WWE Champion anytime soon. One day, absolutely, maybe even this year, but I don't think the WWE will rush it.

legendkillerRKO
03-14-2009, 01:06 AM
i dont care who wins cuz kofi will do sumthin crazy and thats all im waiting for....