PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Thread

Mr. JL
03-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Will Matt Hardy ever be given his chance to shine like the true star he is?

He created this awesome gimmick and he's got the in ring ability to get it done in the ring BUT when will he be given his time to truly shine. We've seen him shine in the tag team ranks and we all under estimated his wrestling skills in a singles match. He has certainly proven me wrong!

Matt has it all in my opinion, well except for the proper booking behind him BUT thats not his fault.

So post your thoughts on Matt Hardy... and perhaps we will discuss something that peaks some interests.

Evil Vito
03-27-2004, 08:21 PM
http://mattitude.wwe.com/images/mattfacts54.jpg

<font color=goldenrod>Couldn't be any more true.</font>

Jacko
03-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Version 1

Seems Vince has given him his own twist of fate :(.

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 09:20 PM
He shoulda stayed on SD.

I don't think he's ever gonna break through on Raw.

Shaggy
03-27-2004, 09:21 PM
He shoulda stayed on SD.

I don't think he's ever gonna break through on Raw.

I would have to agree with you here.

The CyNick
03-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, it would seem he's still catching heat for comments he made in his book.

I also think that when the WWE agreed to put him on the same show as Lita they viewed it as doing him a favor, so they figure they dont owe him any kind of push.

He's obviously talented enough, he's over enough, but often that doesn't mean crap in the WWE. He should have been turned babyafce about6 or 8 months ago, but I honestly think the WWE doesn't want him to get over unless they plan on really pushing him.

Will he get a push? Maybe. The WWE is a wierd place sometimes, some guys will be buried for a period of time, and then all of a sudden they'll get out of the dog house. But in other cases they never get out, not sure whats going to happen with Matt.

The Show Off
03-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Unfortunatly now Matt Hardy has to take one step backwards to take one step foward. Basically, V1 is over with the fans, but he isn't over enough, and him winning a few matches isn't going to help him jump ahead, what I suggest is that The Hurricane turns heel and tags up with Matt Hardy, you could even call them Team OMEGA which would be a cool wrestling insiders name. Just have Hurricane all himself Shane Helms again and then you have a tag team of Hardy & Helms which will be some what like a rebirth of The Hardy Boyz, but better.

In the case of Hardy and Helms both wrestlers have good in ring ability, and both are now good on the mic. I see them as being a cool mix of what The Hardy Boyz were and what Edge and Christian were. You make them arrogant heels that always talk about how they are the future of the wrestling industry and have them dominated the anemic Raw tag team division, even have them feud with a main eventers tag team like Jericho & Edge or something to get there heel heat really hot, and to get them looking real legit. They about this time next year (after the lost the tag belts at WM XXI or something) Helms calls Hardy a sell out and they split, having the fans on Hardy's side. They can feud for a month or two with Hardy comming out on top, and Helms getting sent to Smackdown (so they don't even think of reuniting them, and so there feud doesn't droll on) At this time Hardy will be as hot of a fan favorite as Edge was when he and Christian split. Matt Hardy could remain in the Intercontinental title picture for a few months and then maybe get a shot at the World title.

I know this sounds like it'll take a really long time, but if you build it up with enough precision Matt Hardy could be a Shawn Michales type face. Also this idea could get The Hurricane from being comedy fodder on Raw to a legit cocky heel. Sending him to Smackdown could also fortify the Cruiserweight Division for a bit and then you have a top flight US title contender.

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey CyNick, what comments?