PDA

View Full Version : Ken Shamrock Tests Positive For Steroids

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
03-12-2009, 12:12 AM
<center>http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/8365-KenShamrock_099.jpg

</center>Following his first win in over four years, former UFC and Pride fighter Ken Shamrock allegedly tested positive for three different anabolic agents after defeating Ross Clifton in the War Gods show on Feb. 13. The California State Athletic Commission announced the infraction on Wednesday.

According to the statement, Shamrock tested positive for Norandrosterone, Noretiocholanolone, and Stanozolol.

Shamrock faces a suspension retroactive to the date of the bout, which will run from Feb. 13, 2009 to Feb. 1, 2010. The leader of the Lion's Den will also face a $2,500 fine imposed from the commission.

Shamrock will have the right to appeal the decision, and according to the athletic commission statement, they will make no further comment about the situation pending Shamrock's right to appeal.

This obviously puts his bout upcoming on March 21 against former WWE star Bobby Lashley under scrutiny as the two former pro wrestlers were set to do battle as a part of Roy Jones Jr.'s upcoming boxing/MMA hybrid show.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more information on this story as it becomes available.

Funky Fly
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Well, I suppose it would be big news if he weren't way over the hill at this point.

Fabien Barthez
03-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Every time I hear or see Shamrock, I hate him that bit more. This story... ruinning the making of Lashley, and his face on that pic. World's most hateable man.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah really... all this does is fuck over Bobby Lashley. Give him Kimbo.

Rob
03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Bobby Lashley shouldn't be fighting guys with Ken's experience at this time anyway.

All Kenny has done is fuck himself out of like 3 huge pay days.

BigDaddyCool
03-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I'll fight Lashely for 500k, I could take him.

Fabien Barthez
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Bobby Lashley shouldn't be fighting guys with Ken's experience at this time anyway.

All Kenny has done is fuck himself out of like 3 huge pay days.

Why the hell not? He would have pushed Ken's shit in anyways.

Rob
03-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Because guys with 1-0 records shouldn't be fighting former world champions in ther 2nd fight.

I know Lesnar did too but I disagreed with that at the time.

Lashley is now being lined up against Hasim Rahman or Don Frye. Apparently Rahman is first choice and nearly agreed.

Danny Electric
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Because guys with 1-0 records shouldn't be fighting former world champions in ther 2nd fight.

Lashley is now being lined up against Hasim Rahman or Don Frye. Apparently Rahman is first choice and nearly agreed.

Rahman the boxer? The one who fought Lewis?

Savio
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Lashey is going to fight Jason Guida now

SuperSlim
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM

Well one reason to do that though would be to test him out to see if he's legit or could actually be something or would he be another bust.

I mean yeah a lot of us knew Kimbo would be a bust and it took less than half a minute for that to be proven.

But if Lashley is fed cupcake fights then when it comes time for a real fight... he more than likely could wind up destroyed but to fight someone with a lot of experience early... he could learn a lot. Look at Lesnar. His first fight lasted under a minute... his second fight he tried the same style and... well if it wasn't for the punch to the back of the head he probably would have won that one too but he got caught so his next fight we saw a completely different Lesnar completely own Herring. Then Couture lost.

So I think giving Lashley someone that is at least can be pretty good would have been a good idea.

The Show Off
03-14-2009, 11:43 PM
I'll fight Lashely for 500k, I could take him.

I'd pay to see that.

Rob
03-15-2009, 08:28 AM

I was surprised to see Rahman's name even linked and I don't wanna see Don Frye fighting now really so I'm okay seeing Jason Guida as a replacement.

CSL
03-15-2009, 02:39 PM
lol what? Hasim Rahman? The Klitschko beating must not have worn off yet. Has he ever fought MMA before?

Rob
03-15-2009, 04:30 PM
lol what? Hasim Rahman? The Klitschko beating must not have worn off yet. Has he ever fought MMA before?

no but Lashley has only had one fight remember.

SuperSlim
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
no but Lashley has only had one fight remember.

Could you even call that short beating a fight? :P That'd be like saying Brock's first MMA battle was an actual fight :P

Reavant
03-16-2009, 12:26 AM

HAHA jesus christ! A guy from my gym, matt sassalino, just fought and beat the hell out of Jason Guida in November or early december. And he is a true 185 lber! Lashley is either going to kill him or we will find out that Lashley is not tough at all.... Im thinking hes going to destroy Jason.

Impact!
03-16-2009, 12:49 AM
This could be brutal...