PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 2 - Just Got The Trailer....

Jon Kano
03-27-2004, 08:31 PM
<font color="silver" face="Verdana">
Cannot wait.

For some reason, when the first one was coming out, I didn’t expect much of it. Part due to the fact I never really liked Spiderman as a marvel superhero, I’m more X-Men. But after seeing the first, I have to say, there is a storyline element and bigger emphasis on the character’s arcs within the first that a lot of superhero and films in general today are lacking.

The trailer I just got had Parker sitting opposite MJ in a restaurant and as they are about to kiss, his spider sense allows him to see a car being thrown through a window behind him, and he does like a slo-mo matrix dive and nearly gets floored.

Although I would’ve liked to maybe see VENOM as the main villain, Doc Oc is looking good. Always room for Spider 3.

The Mask
03-27-2004, 08:51 PM
the trailers been in the cinema for a while now. It looks pretty decent.I kinda liked spiderman too.

Ninti the Mad
03-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Welcome to 2003.

Jon Kano
03-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Welcome to 2003.

Clocks go forward. Not back.

Shaggy
03-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Yea, when I saw that trailor I thought the beginning of it was bas ass. I cant wait till the next one comes out.

Jon Kano
03-27-2004, 09:38 PM
*crotch chops*

modderfukkers

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/501/501741p1.html

April 9, 2004:
Date the Spider-Man 2 trailer hits theaters.

June 30, 2004:
New release date for Spider-Man 2. The film is now a Wednesday release, moved up from Friday July 2.

Ninti the Mad
03-27-2004, 10:13 PM
It's been on the internet for months.

ie 2003

Mr. Monday Morning
03-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Yeah what you just described is a teaser, they come out months in advance, the April 9 date will be for the full and final trailer.

They already announced the date for Spiderman 3, while I'm here. May 4th 2007.

Confused
03-28-2004, 05:23 PM
They have bits of the new trailer up at chud.com in crappy streaming video.

Need to see it with a decent frame rate before making a judgement…

John la Rock
03-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Ya I saw a trailer when I saw The Return of The King in December.

The movie looks amazing. especially with Doc Oc as the villain. I also heard that the Lizard is in it too

CBright7831
03-28-2004, 06:36 PM
When I went to see Return of the King, the Spider-man 2 trailer was apart of the coming attractions, so it has been playing, at least with that film, for awhile.

Jon Kano
03-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Yeah The Lizards human form is Dr Curt Connors/Connor something and he is in it. Whether he has one arm like he should or if he even changes into the Lizard remains a ??????.

Back on the note of Venom, how about instead of for Spiderman 3, you have Spiderman, Venom and Carnage. That would be cool. 3 look-a-like cool characters for the 3rd film.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Last I read Raimi wanted Black Cat to be part of Spiderman 3...they want to do at least 6 of them (I think) so they don't want to use Venom and Carnage too early. Or something.

Jon Kano
03-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Thats fair enough.

But I have heard from sites, Total Film and even in an interview that Toby Maguire is only contracted to do 2 and doesnt want to do it again because its too demanding and caused him back troubles.

Jake Glyyyenwhatever (Donnie Darko, Bubble Boy) was said to be the next choice. Which is a pretty good one I think.

If they are going to go for 5 or 6, you can bet Harry Osbourne will become the Hob Goblin.

Boondock Saint
03-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I've heard Raimi isn't too big on Venom

Smitty
03-29-2004, 06:13 PM
I've heard Raimi isn't too big on Venom

I may be wrong on this, but wasnt Venom created from one of the protype suits that Peter made when he first became spider-man? Like the suit takes over the person, and that guy (i think his name is Brock) steals the suit and becomes Venom? Well my point is, they never showed the Venom suit in the first one when Peter was making the suit...so dosnt that cancel any possibility of having Venom? Unless he made this suit late on. I dunno, someone into comics help me out. :wave:

Mr. Monday Morning
03-29-2004, 06:45 PM
You are wrong, the venom 'suit' is an alien symbiote that basically merges with a host. It first merged with Parker and turned him into a souped up Spiderman but once he rejected it it sought out Eddie Brock (who was briefly mentioned in cameo in the first film) and as he had a hatred for Parker (who got him fired off the Daily Bugle) the two of them complimented each other, hence psycho batshit Venom going after Spidey.

That's as best as I remember it anyway without having actually read the specific issues myself :$

Smitty
03-29-2004, 06:47 PM
You are wrong, the venom 'suit' is an alien symbiote that basically merges with a host. It first merged with Parker and turned him into a souped up Spiderman but once he rejected it it sought out Eddie Brock (who was briefly mentioned in cameo in the first film) and as he had a hatred for Parker (who got him fired off the Daily Bugle) the two of them complimented each other, hence psycho batshit Venom going after Spidey.

That's as best as I remember it anyway without having actually read the specific issues myself :$

where did Peter obtain this suit?

Mr. Monday Morning
03-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Arrgh, that part I'm unclear on :o

IIRC it attached itself to a returning space shuttle and while he was taking pics for the paper it detected him as a suitable host and latched onto him.

Something like that.

Jon Kano
03-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Basically, the alien goo or whatever it was, was collected by atsronaughts on the moon and the ship malfunctioned because of the goo or rock (the symbiot) somehow and the shuttle crash landed in NY.

Basically, Venom, Carnage, The Lizard, Hob Goblin and maybe even Kingpin with a lod or cronies would be wicked villains.

Ninti the Mad
03-30-2004, 08:40 AM
OMG A CRASH IN NYC

THEY PREDICTED 9/11

Sephiroth
03-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Venom and Carnage always ruled hope they are in Spiderman 2.

faust34
03-30-2004, 01:55 PM
where did Peter obtain this suit?

The secret wars

Mr. Monday Morning
03-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Venom and Carnage always ruled hope they are in Spiderman 2.

They're not.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2004, 04:11 AM
I would like to see Venom in one movie, then Venom & Carnage in the next. Before having a new villain like the Hob Goblin, bfore finally having the Sinister Six. You could have the Venom one as number three or four (with Hob Goblin being three).

loopydate
04-04-2004, 12:36 PM
The storyline described for the acquisition of the Venom symbiote varies.

In the comics, Peter got it during the Secret Wars, when he accidentally used the wrong machine in their high-tech base to create a new costume after his original had been badly damaged in combat. What he ended up doing is releasing the symbiote. He thought it was just some cool new technology that adapted itself to whatever he wanted, but eventually he learned the truth, rejected it, and it joined with Brock against him.

I believe the cartoon did the story about it being attached to a returning spaceship. If they do put Venom or Carnage in future movies, I imagine it'll be something like this, because there's no way they can pull off a Secret Wars movie.

...unless the rumors of a Pixar/Marvel collaboration are true :drool: