PDA

View Full Version : Good at movies, not so great at home

Shaggy
03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Alright, when Spiderman came out at the theatres I went and saw it and thought that it was pretty good. I thought it was one of the best movies I have seen in a good while. Then when it finally came out on DVD I went and bought it that day. When I took it home I just didnt think it was that good anymore. Has anyone else thought a movie was so bad ass when it was at the theatres then when they get it home it wasnt that good anymore.

Penner
03-27-2004, 10:25 PM
titanic... but thats because you can only really see that movie once

ilt_undertaker
03-27-2004, 10:26 PM
<font color=Silver>I had the same feeling when Freddy V. Jason came out. I saw it three times at the movies, and when I brought the DVD I thought it was real boring, and I havent watched it since, maybe i'll go watch it in a few.............</font>

StrongMad
03-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Fast and the Furious.

:shifty:

Dragon
03-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I think it has more to do with it not being as great after you've seen it the first time.

YOUR Hero
03-28-2004, 01:14 PM
This is one of the reasons, along with cheaptitude, that I don't buy DVDs. These movies are made for big screens and big audiences. The same feeling and energy level a movie provides at the theaters very rarely transforms itself at home.

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Rush Hour 2 was a lot better on the big screen than it was on the small screen.
Also, Pirates of the Caribbean.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2004, 04:05 AM
I agree with Spiderman and Pirates of the Carribean as well. :y:

Great movies, but I lost interest when they came out on DVD. I'm tempted to say The Matrix: Reloaded as well.

VonErich Lives
04-04-2004, 09:52 AM
I dunno, I think a lot has to do w/ how and on what you watch it.

If it's a movie w/ a lot of effects and stuff, I usually turn off all the lights, and close the blinds etc, try and make the room as dark as possible.

But yeah, unless you have a top of the line system and a 50+ " TV, it's not the same.

Scarface
04-04-2004, 12:41 PM
I agree with the Spiderman comments. It really does lose a lot of its magic in the home environment. I can't think of any others.