PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers/Super Sentai (US: Ninja Steel, JAP: Weird Shit Again)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Now before I relay the info, just know that I stopped watching PR regularly around the Turbo era - a long time ago. And since then I've kept up with what themes the seasons would employ as well as who the teams are as the years went on. I've caught episodes on and off but I couldn't follow a season (with me not really watching TV as I used to). So don't come in here with attacks about me killing myself over the cancellation of one of my favorite shows. Me and Noid established that PR definitely isn't what we grew up with. However, I must post this as it is/was still a major television convention (17 years ain't nothing to scoff at), and was an important part of my old viewing habits.

Link (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10560372).

Power Rangers, which started out as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, is essentially a Westernization of the Japanese Super Sentai series. We got wind of the long running series (ran since the 70's) and adapted it for American television in late '92 (though you can say '93, who cares). It wasn't a hard rule adaptation as we avoided changing the teams due to the original cast's popularity. Ironically, when the cast tried to pull rank on their popularity and demand fair wages for what they helped to produce (then the top kid's program), the studio suddenly had no problem changing cast members. And so we ended up with the Japanese system of yearly team changes anyway.

(Note that the during the Morphin' days when the Rangers received new Zords, that was when we imported the new Sentai team's weapons, just without their suits. In essence we flirted with rotating teams before the public knew it. The first major cast change with the Red, Yellow, and Black Rangers also revealed that kids would definitely get over it if the actors got out of line.)

Now I'd like to say Disney is at fault for letting it fall. I mean, the toys sell like hotcakes and the show still pulls average numbers (maybe not iCarly numbers). But since the studio was at the mercy of switching around what the Japanese were creating, there was always chance for issues to arise. For a time the Japanese studio would suit certain themes that did appeal to us (DinoThunder seemed like a remix of America's first PR show), but they didn't really have to. And it was only a matter of time before average ratings and Japanese alienation would team up against PR production.

This year's team, RPM, is a localization mess. The suits are butt ugly and the story is bad even for cheesy PR standards. This year's Sentai team has even worse appearance and totally unattractive features. I believe these factors made it much easier to call it quits.

Because of various legal gayness Power Rangers may never get proper DVD collections (these reasons are similar to why the Fox Kid's X-Men and Spider-Man are still wishlist fodder). So it's a bit sad to know that a series that had such a strong legacy would end on such a whimper.

I imagine this news won't affect many of us here, and I may get ribbed a bit, but I felt like sharing my thoughts on the matter. I really looked forward to the day I'd watch PR with my kid solely to troll him/her on how badass my era of Rangers were. Ah well. I imagine a return of some sort will occur down the line (Hollywood never deletes, they repackage), but for now it's the end of a near 20 year television mainstay.

http://aboutheroes.com/Power-Rangers200-thumb-285x247.jpg

G
03-15-2009, 12:05 AM
How are you holding up? Are you okay?

CSL
03-15-2009, 12:06 AM
lol what? I thought this and all those spin offs finished years ago

CSL
Kimberley though

Juan
I stopped after Zeo. Seemed to get more ridiculous after that.

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
How are you holding up? Are you okay?

My shrink said I should write about it. To translate the pain.

CSL
03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
http://aboutheroes.com/Power-Rangers200-thumb-285x247.jpg

Where is the black guy? And the asian bird? That red ranger doesn't look the same either

Juan
03-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Those are the new Rangers from season 2 and 3

Savio
03-15-2009, 12:13 AM
I liked the black ranger then the green because he was my fav color, stopped watching after the first season tho or...well around the time the green one was introduced.

G
03-15-2009, 12:13 AM
http://cdbaby.name/a/j/ajjohnson3_small.jpg

Kane Knight
03-15-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm surprised they aren't keeping it going simply for the toy sales. It seems like the product nearly makes itself and turns out money.

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2009, 12:24 AM
She's a milf now [Amy Jo].

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm surprised they aren't keeping it going simply for the toy sales. It seems like the product nearly makes itself and turns out money.

It is possible that they can turn profits translating the Sentai series strictly as toys (Transformers did a similar thing when the 80's series stopped, and it fuckin saved the franchise in a way).

I imagine Disney really saw no growth in the product as a whole.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Power Rangers may never get a proper DVD release yes, but X-Men looks like it is.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6157lRPGiiL._SS500_.jpg

Episode Guide:

Disc 1
Night of the Sentinels (Part 1)
Night of the Sentinels (Part 2)
Enter Magneto
Deadly Reunions
Captive Hearts
Cold Vengeance
Slave Island
The Unstoppable Juggernaut

Disc 2
The Cure
Come The Apocalypse
Days Of Future Past (Part 1)
Days Of Future Past (Part 2)
The Final Decision
Till Death Do Us Part (Part 1)
Till Death Do Us Part (Part 2)
Whatever It Takes

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61FlIcOK1zL._SS500_.jpg

Episode Guide:

Disc 1
Red Dawn
Repo Man
X-Ternally Yours
Time Fugitives (Part 1)
Time Fugitives (Part 2)
A Rogue's Tale
Beauty & The Beast
Mojo Vision

Disc 2
Reunion (Part 1)
Reunion (Part 2)
Out of the Past (Part 1)
Out of the Past (Part 2)
The Phoenix Saga (Part 1): Sacrifice
The Phoenix Saga (Part 2): The Dark Shroud
The Phoenix Saga (Part 3): Cry of the Banshee
The Phoenix Saga (Part 4): The Starjammers
The Phoenix Saga (Part 5): Child of Light

Both set for release April 28th and retailing at $23.99 US/$29.99 Canadian

source - TV Shows On DVD (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/)

Those episodes seem to be in the same order I have them in on my computer from when I listed the shows I had a couple years ago.

Juan
03-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Sweet

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Holy shit, Diago that's some awesome news. But is it a complete collection? The term 'Volumes' usually misleads.

thedamndest
03-15-2009, 02:59 AM
They (DC) did the Volumes thing with Batman TAS. It was complete, but I don't know about aired in order of air date. I think there were only like 80 episodes.

Impeccable
03-15-2009, 03:04 AM
I stopped after Zeo. Seemed to get more ridiculous after that.

Ditto

It was one of the things I always tuned in for. I was sad when I heard that the girl that played Trini in series 1 was killed in a car crash.

Was it just me, or did Zack have a finger missing on one of his hands...can't remember if I dreamt this.

Remember watching this on fox kids UK followed by Big Bad Beetleborgs when i was 10/11 :drool:

Juan
03-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Yeah the black guy was missing a finger

thedamndest
03-15-2009, 03:20 AM
RIP TRINI

thedamndest
03-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Also, RIP Rita Repulsa number one.

Juan
03-15-2009, 03:27 AM
RIP Zordon

Impeccable
03-15-2009, 03:30 AM
RIP Ernie

ClockShot
03-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I stopped after like the 3rd season. I knew that bringing in Jason David Frank a few years back meant that the show wasn't gonna last long.

mitchables
03-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Alpha! Rita's escaped! Recruit a team of teenagers with ATTITUDES.

Flimsiest concept ever. :heart:

ct2k
03-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Tbh I thought Power Rangers was awful even as a small child

Kane Knight
03-15-2009, 11:05 AM
It is possible that they can turn profits translating the Sentai series strictly as toys (Transformers did a similar thing when the 80's series stopped, and it fuckin saved the franchise in a way).

I imagine Disney really saw no growth in the product as a whole.

I suppose the fact that Transformers was a good seller before there was a cartoon has nothing to do with that.

Alpha! Rita's escaped! Recruit a team of teenagers with ATTITUDES.

Flimsiest concept ever. :heart:

I'm sure there are worse. For example, the 320 knockoffs of the show.

Haze
03-15-2009, 11:14 AM
wow, wasn't even aware that it was still airing new episodes.

Kane Knight
03-15-2009, 11:27 AM
BTW, google Power Rangers RPM. That shit looks terrible, as Kalyx said. Like Thomas The Tank Engine Sentai.

thedamndest
03-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Embedding disabled, but here is the morphing sequence from the greatest episode ever (from the guest spot point of view).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXbghYw2vaw

You can find the whole thing on youtube if you are so inclined.

thedamndest
03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I wonder what they're gonna do when if that monster gets big and they realize none of their zords fit together.

Lock Jaw
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
TOTEM POLE COMBINATION.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I added this to youtube myself, this is how I think Forever Red should've ended since was an anniversery episode.

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HBAWlcnbxUA"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Shaggy
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot when I stopped watching....but I still watch a few episodes every now and then. The fighting is pretty interesting to watch. I love wirework stuff...even if it is cheesy.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-17-2009, 09:53 AM
lol, the original Power Rangers Movie was on tv the other week. I watched it with my 3 year old. He loved it, even though he'd never seen it before.

Ivan Ooze FTW

The Mackem
03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Think I saw bits of the first series, I think it was a little too late in my childhood for me to get on board with.

Shadow
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
BTW, google Power Rangers RPM. That shit looks terrible, as Kalyx said. Like Thomas The Tank Engine Sentai.

You should really give RPM a chance. It is...well think Countdown to Desruction and then streach that over an entire season.

When you start off a show with PEOPLE DYING you know it'll be great.

Rammsteinmad
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I stopped watching during Turbo coz it started to get a bit silly (and I was a bit older lol).

Has anyone seen Jason David Frank these days? The guys a fucking killing machine. He's got black belts in loadsa different styles and there's a couple of his fights online where he just annihilates people. Plus the short hair and all his tattoos gives a totally different image from what we saw of 'Tommy'. Total badass right there.

Kalyx triaD
03-17-2009, 03:46 PM
You should really give RPM a chance. It is...well think Countdown to Desruction and then streach that over an entire season.

When you start off a show with PEOPLE DYING you know it'll be great.

I cannot get past those suits. Knowing this is their last season, they might have something up their sleeve.

I stopped watching during Turbo coz it started to get a bit silly (and I was a bit older lol).

Has anyone seen Jason David Frank these days? The guys a fucking killing machine. He's got black belts in loadsa different styles and there's a couple of his fights online where he just annihilates people. Plus the short hair and all his tattoos gives a totally different image from what we saw of 'Tommy'. Total badass right there.

Yeah he's a legit badass. I wonder how odd it is to your ass kicked by the Green fucking Ranger.

Xerzes
03-18-2009, 02:35 AM
I watched the first three or so seasons. I forget why I stopped. On a whim, I watched a recent run of it. Mystic Force. I've seen worse, but it was nothing great. Rita coming back in the last episode and helping the Rangers was weird.

Rammsteinmad
03-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Why did she do that lol?

Kalyx triaD
03-19-2009, 05:38 AM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c8h3PRFdMhw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c8h3PRFdMhw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bczUF7WIgKg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bczUF7WIgKg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

PapaGeorgio
03-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Just downloaded first season of Power Rangers due to this thread. Still holds up for me, find it hilarious. Especially the first half of each episode where they just chill. The fighting giant monsters is just ok.

Kalyx triaD
03-19-2009, 11:17 PM
There's a Q&A session from some convention where Jason David Frank (Tommy) answers a shit load of questions. It was a pretty good panel. "Tommy" wants to fight "Jason" in real life because he heard he took up Muay Thai boxing as well. Great stuff about his time as Green Tommy up to DinoThunder Black Tommy. Good stuff.

Part 1, the rest you could find as links on the page.

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcZ51ybwBPM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcZ51ybwBPM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Juan
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I honestly had no idea Power Rangers had a nerd following.

Kalyx triaD
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Rangerboard.com

And many others.

Don't post there anymore, though.

Hornicane
03-20-2009, 12:50 AM
I stopped watching after the Ninja Rangers thing. Or Zeo. Whichever was later.

One of my best childhood memories was going to a drive-in theatre, and the double feature was Mortal Kombat and the Power Rangers movie. Good times.

Juan
03-20-2009, 12:54 AM
I never saw the Power Rangers movie at the theater, but I did watch Mortal Kombat about 4 times :$

Kalyx triaD
03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
I saw Power Rangers in theaters. The crowd was fucking hype, singing the damn theme song and laughing at the silly mannerisms during the first fight scenes. It was a good time.

Hornicane
03-20-2009, 01:09 AM
One of my friends actually got so excited that he shit himself. He ended up just leaving his boxers on the floor in the restroom. :lol:

Kalyx triaD
03-20-2009, 01:15 AM
How... nice.

Juan
03-20-2009, 01:17 AM
One of my friends actually got so excited that he shit himself. He ended up just leaving his boxers on the floor in the restroom. :lol:

lol I don't think I've ever been that excited about anything

Hornicane
03-20-2009, 01:18 AM
I was 11 years old at the time. At that point, it was the funniest shit I had ever seen. Figuratively and literally.

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
I remember watching the first 2 seasons, from when Tommy turned from the green ranger to the white ranger, then after that i think became too old to watch such shite.

Kane86
03-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh fuck this thread and fuck Kaylx your jsut spouting more nerd bullshit. You told me not to do it. BUt seeing you can't keep your mouth shut I will no walk away from this. Kaylx is fucking bitch who can only insult somebody when he has someone to hide behind. Then when someone points out the fake person you are he quickly says he will call the cops on you.

G
03-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Posting that at GameFAQs with lose you 3 karma.

Kalyx triaD
03-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Oh fuck this thread and fuck Kaylx your jsut spouting more nerd bullshit. You told me not to do it. BUt seeing you can't keep your mouth shut I will no walk away from this. Kaylx is fucking bitch who can only insult somebody when he has someone to hide behind. Then when someone points out the fake person you are he quickly says he will call the cops on you.

What time is it?

It's morphing time, bitch.

Impeccable
03-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Lol...is no thread safe from the Kane86 - Kalyx triaD feud?

Kalyx triaD
03-23-2009, 05:18 AM
This isn't a feud... it's slap boxing.

Volchok
03-25-2009, 12:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320306269623QQssPageNameZMERC_VI_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=220338875835&itemcount=12&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D12

siiiick, If I had extra cash to spend I would def. buy one.

Juan
03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
$180 for a Halloween costume?? Damn

Jeritron
03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Power Rangers may never get a proper DVD release yes, but X-Men looks like it is.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6157lRPGiiL._SS500_.jpg

Episode Guide:

Disc 1
Night of the Sentinels (Part 1)
Night of the Sentinels (Part 2)
Enter Magneto
Deadly Reunions
Captive Hearts
Cold Vengeance
Slave Island
The Unstoppable Juggernaut

Disc 2
The Cure
Come The Apocalypse
Days Of Future Past (Part 1)
Days Of Future Past (Part 2)
The Final Decision
Till Death Do Us Part (Part 1)
Till Death Do Us Part (Part 2)
Whatever It Takes

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61FlIcOK1zL._SS500_.jpg

Episode Guide:

Disc 1
Red Dawn
Repo Man
X-Ternally Yours
Time Fugitives (Part 1)
Time Fugitives (Part 2)
A Rogue's Tale
Beauty & The Beast
Mojo Vision

Disc 2
Reunion (Part 1)
Reunion (Part 2)
Out of the Past (Part 1)
Out of the Past (Part 2)
The Phoenix Saga (Part 1): Sacrifice
The Phoenix Saga (Part 2): The Dark Shroud
The Phoenix Saga (Part 3): Cry of the Banshee
The Phoenix Saga (Part 4): The Starjammers
The Phoenix Saga (Part 5): Child of Light

Both set for release April 28th and retailing at $23.99 US/$29.99 Canadian

source - TV Shows On DVD (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/)

Those episodes seem to be in the same order I have them in on my computer from when I listed the shows I had a couple years ago.

I really may get these.

Also, The complete Real Ghostbusters series is going to be released on dvd in two volumes in a few months.
They had just recently released it through Time-Life, but it was absurdly expensive and basically just a pain in the ass to order/wait for.
This new one is going to be in actual stores, and cheaper, and come in normal packaging.

Blitz
03-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah definitely downloading a bunch of eps from seasons 1 and 2 due to this thread.

KayfabeMan
03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
I just came back from Disney. I spent the better part of 3 total weeks there.

The Power Rangers were AMAZINGLY popular at Hollywood Studios.

It was unbelievable, as I didn't expect it to still be as popular, but it was. There were a ton of kids lined up to meet the 'Rangers', and there was a lot of Rangers merchandise being sold.

:(

Kalyx triaD
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
I never liked the pairing to begin with. Power Rangers and Disney? Really? Then the fuckers canned the shit? Fuck Disney.

I mean, Cartoon Network may have had a spot or some shit for it. At least til the 20th season or a proper send off.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
I think that, a show like Power Rangers that's been popular for so many years deserves a proper send off.

parkmania
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
You mean like one big clusterfuck episode where everyone who was ever a Ranger (and is still alive [:'( Thuy Trang]) gets a cameo? There'd be no time for an actual battle!

thedamndest
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
This thread caused me to watch a whole bunch of Jason David Frank aka Tommy the Green/White/Red/Black Ranger Q & A's from various conventions. He's pretty funny, and it brought back a lot of memories. He seems to hate the guy who played Jason. The Q & A's are actually pretty similar to shoot interviews. Good stuff.

Splaya
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Link Damdy

thedamndest
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0vbYFGznyM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0vbYFGznyM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited to post a different one than Kalyx posted.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcZ51ybwBPM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kane86
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
This thread caused me to watch a whole bunch of Jason David Frank aka Tommy the Green/White/Red/Black Ranger Q & A's from various conventions. He's pretty funny, and it brought back a lot of memories. He seems to hate the guy who played Jason. The Q & A's are actually pretty similar to shoot interviews. Good stuff.

Why does he hate him so much? I mean Jason was an over acting blow hard but that is no excuse.

Kalyx triaD
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
There was this supposed rivalry because Tommy was a kiss-ass and Austin wanted moneys. Now they're both practitioners of Muay Thai and Tommy wants a piece of him IRL.

Kalyx triaD
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Rocky hasn't aged a fucking day. Though they're all perpetual teenagers.

Kane86
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
There was this supposed rivalry because Tommy was a kiss-ass and Austin wanted moneys. Now they're both practitioners of Muay Thai and Tommy wants a piece of him IRL.

So should the morph and we will see what happens. Do you know how long the characters of the Power Rangers have been around? i don't know I was just wondering...

Kane86
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I will miss the many Incarnations of the Mega Zord that was favorite part of the show.

Kalyx triaD
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
And where the fuck is Austin? He's on some real life Ryu shit.

Kalyx triaD
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
So should the morph and we will see what happens. Do you know how long the characters of the Power Rangers have been around? i don't know I was just wondering...

What do you mean? When the show came out?

HeartBreakMan2k
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
And where the fuck is Austin? He's on some real life Ryu shit.

He was on that forever red shit. Looked kinda out of shape tbh

HeartBreakMan2k
04-01-2009, 10:01 PM
http://www.alexkyle.it/austin/immaginewc7.jpg

Kane86
04-02-2009, 01:29 AM
What do you mean? When the show came out?

i meant all the stock footage they use. What was your favorite megazord?

Hornicane
04-02-2009, 01:54 AM
I was partial to the Ninja Megafalconzord. :D

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/75415-5/P4204719.jpg

Kane86
04-02-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.alexkyle.it/austin/immaginewc7.jpg

I am not saying that any of them are great actors but man he had to be the worst one.

Kane86
04-02-2009, 01:56 AM
I was partial to the Ninja Megafalconzord. :D

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/75415-5/P4204719.jpg

I liked the Thunderzords myself and the Dragon Zord was great as well.

Hornicane
04-02-2009, 02:17 AM
I liked the Thunderzords myself and the Dragon Zord was great as well.

Green Dragonzord or Red Dragon Thunderzord?

http://gaowhite.sites.uol.com.br/mmpr-dragonzord.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/powerrangers/images/thumb/d/db/MMPR_Red_Dragon.jpg/250px-MMPR_Red_Dragon.jpg

KayfabeMan
04-02-2009, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSGlSUxqkT8

I will play this song all fucking day long.

You have no idea.

KayfabeMan
04-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Don't test me.

Kane86
04-02-2009, 02:25 AM
Green Dragonzord or Red Dragon Thunderzord?

http://gaowhite.sites.uol.com.br/mmpr-dragonzord.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/powerrangers/images/thumb/d/db/MMPR_Red_Dragon.jpg/250px-MMPR_Red_Dragon.jpg

Both because they are TOTTALLY FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

White Tiger Zord was awesome also.

Hornicane
04-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Both because they are TOTTALLY FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

White Tiger Zord was awesome also.

Totally legit. The Green Ranger was always my favourite. I had the dagger that played the summoning songs, back when I was a young'un. I loved that thing! :D

Kalyx triaD
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Jason could still wipe the floor with your ass.

The stock footage they used for the shows were usually filmed a year befoe they were used in the States. The original show is called Super Sentai in Japan and they were doing it since the 70's.

My favorite Megazord would have to be the Super Zeo Megazord. His finisher just looked fucking final, man. The DinoThunder Megazord was pretty cool in its simplicity, though.

Pics later, I guess.

Edit:

http://es.rangercentral.com/datos/prz/images/prz-zd-superzeomega.jpghttp://www.geocities.com/gamesandmore2000/PRDT_Thundersaurus_Megazord.jpg

Volchok
04-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Downloaded season 1, holy nostalgia trip. Still awesome.

Loved the one Q&A with JDF, the end of it the last question, the guy was like.. " what time is it" and he did the " It's morphin time" shit. Marked out at that.

Fuck I miss my childhood. :(

7spike
04-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I remember when I was younger, my friend found it horribly racist that the black ranger was, well, a black guy. Dunno, he kinda never let it go.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I stopped after or during Turbo, I think. Was getting a bit old, and the quality was obviously dropping. Nothing will ever touch the series until they changed it over to Zeo, which I did also watch. It was something new, but even at a young age, nostalgia kicked in for the old uniforms and shit.

There has to be someone one day who misses the classic seasons enough to make a movie featuring the original Power Rangers concept. A bad-ass Power Rangers movie aimed at kids who grew up with it could be a mad idea, but good luck finding financial backing that won't want it toned down, cheesed up and marketed towards kid.

Kalyx triaD
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
You basically detailed Disney.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Very true, sir.

Kalyx triaD
04-13-2009, 12:57 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/Kalyx_triaD/shinkengerhju.jpg

What would have been next year's team before Disney canned PR. I will call them... Power Rangers TPdub. Revealing the roster later. :shifty:

thedamndest
04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
I call pink.

Shadow
04-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey Kalyx? It ain't canned yet. Though it ain't looking good.

Apperently it's doing real well with the older fans.

Kalyx triaD
04-14-2009, 12:25 AM
It's the last season (by all reports). Been clear about it in the OP.

Fignuts
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
BCWWF

Volchok
04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
http://g1wallz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/power-rangers-green-ranger.jpg

Fuckin love this picture.

Kalyx triaD
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
That's fucking awesome. Like that time BCWWF beat up that guy.

Fignuts
04-15-2009, 02:24 AM
TOKI STOPS COPIES ME

Fignuts
04-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Fucking no one is going to get that, cause you all suck.

.44 Magdalene
04-15-2009, 02:27 AM
As somebody with an active interest in super sentai series, this is kind of sad. =\ Especially since the American rendition was actually on the cusp of regaining its former... decency.

Kalyx triaD
04-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Fucking no one is going to get that, cause you all suck.

Dethklok!

As somebody with an active interest in super sentai series, this is kind of sad. =\ Especially since the American rendition was actually on the cusp of regaining its former... decency.

The way I see it, fuck Disney. Let some years pass and have another studio cut a deal with the Sentai guys and produce a new PR series that adheres closer to the nature and themes of the source material. Think MMPR Season 2/3 but like... all the time. You can still change teams and all that, but basically a heavier PR.

Betting Cartoon Network can nail it. And dare I say SyFy (do they have a kid's block)?

.44 Magdalene
04-15-2009, 02:48 AM
Nah. Power Rangers was sort of a turtle on its back, and it's amazing that it struggled for as long as it did. If anybody else gets a hankering for sentai action, I'd like to see someone start up an original, purely American sentai series, not just cop a feel off the Jap series like we have been. I'd love to see a very serious, well budgeted and thoroughly written American sentai series.

Kalyx triaD
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
That would be nice but I'm certain it'll lose those 'Japanese' qualities.

Big Fat Mike
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Fishes donts haves no metals to listen tos underwaters

bigdaddysuperfreak
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
When this came out I was already too old for it so meh. My 7yo son loves power ranger toys, but never watches the show whatsoever. Im sure they will keeping pumping out toys as long as they sell.

Mr. Nerfect
05-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Nah. Power Rangers was sort of a turtle on its back, and it's amazing that it struggled for as long as it did. If anybody else gets a hankering for sentai action, I'd like to see someone start up an original, purely American sentai series, not just cop a feel off the Jap series like we have been. I'd love to see a very serious, well budgeted and thoroughly written American sentai series.

That would be incredible. With the current fascination in superheroes and televisions shows with supernatural arcs (like Supernatural, Heroes, Lost, etc.) I could very easily see a massive nerd fan of the show in its prime penning some sort of sentai idea (maybe even calling it "Sentai") about a group of people bestowed with powers that they can switch on and off.

Give them adult problems to face, with occasionally one of the sentai team going off and using their powers for evil, and create a tongue-in-cheek drama that pays homage to the concept.

Kalyx triaD
05-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't call it Sentai but it would be sweet.

Kalyx triaD
05-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is coming to America. That's right, we lost Power Rangers but we're getting Masked Rider! Well, not the old Masked Rider of course. Like Power Rangers, Masked Rider was based on an annual Japanese show that kept going after Masked Rider failed. It's called Kamen Rider and it's been said to be better than Sentai. The CW of all places are giving the latest version, Dragon Knight, the PR treatment by using American actors with Japanese action. Just like the old days, huh?

In a way, this makes a Sentai return to America likely in the future (maybe not as Power Rangers next time around).

Shadow
05-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Pssssssssssssssssssssssst...Dragon Knight's been out since this winter slow poke. And no, it is not Power Rangers by a long shot. The source material is only used vaugly for fight scenes. Everything else is pure American footage. And it so rocks.

Too bad it's on break till Augest.

Kalyx triaD
05-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Excuse me. I don't watch TV.

Fignuts
05-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Stopped watching power rangers after the movie. But I would always see the new zords, some way or another, and would think, "Wow, that really sucks in comparison to the first stuff."

Just did not hold a candle to the first ones, or the thunder zord ones.

Shadow
05-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah for those of you who aren't watching this season....you should. It is one awsome season.

Kalyx triaD
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
New Official Logo for 2010:

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=199467&vid=4

Apparently it's getting a bells and whistles HD reintroduction.

parkmania
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Reruns or new stories?

Kalyx triaD
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm thinking reruns, I haven't heard of any new casting or something like that. They're going all out for a rerun, though... New molds for toys and such.

BUT, remember Transformers Gen 2 was just a big reissue of Gen 1, but that led to Beast Wars and well... the rest is history. So even if this is a glorified rehash it could lead to something legit.

The Jayman
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
http://legends.tabletsofdestiny.com/images/zedd11.jpg

The greatest MMPR villain of all time

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
That would be cool, I would watch those if I happen to see it while flipping through channels.

Kalyx triaD
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
http://legends.tabletsofdestiny.com/images/zedd11.jpg

The greatest MMPR villain of all time

He was our first try at an exclusive American villain. being that he was awesome and legitimately scary, we Americans pussied out to "protect the kids". That's why he went comedic in Season 3. Whenever we made our own villains they had some comedic slant since, except for the dude in DinoThunder who fairly owned.

thedamndest
10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.rovang.org/timeline/bigpics/divatox.jpg

I'd hit it.

Kalyx triaD
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I hated her.

The Jayman
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
He was our first try at an exclusive American villain. being that he was awesome and legitimately scary, we Americans pussied out to "protect the kids". That's why he went comedic in Season 3. Whenever we made our own villains they had some comedic slant since, except for the dude in DinoThunder who fairly owned.

I did like how they had his brain pulsating in the movie.

Kalyx triaD
10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
In the end he was a wasted great design. He could've been a main villain for 2 more seasons.

Jura
10-07-2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.rovang.org/timeline/bigpics/divatox.jpg

I'd hit it.

I wanted to sex her but at the same time she kind of repulsed me.

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Mostly with the lizard tongue.

The Jayman
10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Lfi93KiTt0s/SdRo6_BrVdI/AAAAAAAABkY/IYViVlinTuA/s320/powerranger3831big.jpg

i'd hit this

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
To keep with power rangers kayfabe, better make damn sure Goldar isn't around lol.

Lock Jaw
10-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Remember when Lord zedd first showed up and he made these new putties and they fought the Power Rangers and seemed unhurtable.... but then it turned out they had giant self distruct "z" buttons on their chests.

That always seemed like a pretty bad trade-off to me.

Jeritron
10-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I used to have this action figure:

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/PowerRangers/Figures/93Goldar8InchMIB1a.jpg

Loved that thing for the few months I was into Power Rangers. Prob my second favorite Power Rangers thing aside from Green Ranger and all of his shit

Jeritron
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/PowerRangers/Figures/93Bones8InchMIB1a.jpg

Thought this dude was kinda badass too

Jura
10-08-2009, 01:49 AM
http://www.awkwardboners.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/power-rangers_turboranger11.jpg

Jeritron
10-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Those aren't the cool power rangers.

Power Rangers was cool when it first hit the states and everyone was all into it. The toys were impossibly hard to find.
It peaked with the phenomenon we know as The Green Ranger. The gold neck piece, the sword, the big godzilla vehicle. Everything.

Then Power Rangers suddenly got lame. I think it jumped the shark around the time of the movie, and the White Ranger.
That's when it stopped being as in demand, got overexposed, and became a playground laughing stock. I'm pretty sure everyone I knew called it the Chowder Rangers in 3rd grade.

Shadow
10-08-2009, 02:06 AM
It's a total reboot just so you guys know. We're going with a new toy molds too. Like some reenginered Zord molds. Should be awsome.

Blitz
10-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Those aren't the cool power rangers.

Power Rangers was cool when it first hit the states and everyone was all into it. The toys were impossibly hard to find.
It peaked with the phenomenon we know as The Green Ranger. The gold neck piece, the sword, the big godzilla vehicle. Everything.

Then Power Rangers suddenly got lame. I think it jumped the shark around the time of the movie, and the White Ranger.
That's when it stopped being as in demand, got overexposed, and became a playground laughing stock. I'm pretty sure everyone I knew called it the Chowder Rangers in 3rd grade.
I remember seeing the Green Ranger/Dragonzord pack in a toy store once for north of $90 and weeping at the fact that I couldn't have it.

The Jayman
10-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I had all of the ranger figures including the green ranger. i had the lord zedd, goldar, and rito villians. I didn't have any zords until that one early christmas morning i found this ..

http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pictures/02263.jpg

JokerFace
10-08-2009, 09:11 AM
For a while, I thought they were thinking about making the show an animation so the PR producers could be in more control.

JokerFace
10-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Kimberly was the hottest back in the day. Katherine was not as hot, but still pretty damn cute, and her accent overall gave her added sex appeal. Stopped watching the show during Turbo, but catch a few Dino Thunder eps on YouTube a few years ago. I thought the Yellow Ranger during that series was cute too.

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
The toys I used to have were all the mini ones and these.

http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/137_3707.jpg I still have the sword somewhere too.
http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/j273.jpg
http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/144_4495.jpg
http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/125_2576.jpg
http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/l403a.jpg
http://www.mrsite.co.uk/usersitesv2/megazord.net/wwwroot/USERIMAGES/l131.jpg
http://www.mrsite.co.uk/usersitesv2/megazord.net/wwwroot/USERIMAGES/l135.jpg
http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/137_3748.jpg

I always wanted the Dragon Dagger and the Megazord you fully put together but too late now.

The Jayman
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/06/23-End%20of%20Month/Amy_Jo_Johnson_Biography.jpg

Kimberly :drool:

Jura
10-08-2009, 10:59 AM
FYI, the power rangers pic I posted the yellow ranger had a boner.

Kalyx triaD
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
That wasn't PR, that was old Sentai.

thedamndest
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Was Goldar Jewish?

Lock Jaw
10-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Do monsters practice religion?

Kalyx triaD
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Have you seen the Republican party?

blake639raw
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I didn't even know it was around anymore. Damn, I'd say it had a pretty long run then.

Jura
10-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I think these 2 power rangers were the hottest as far as I know:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/3074943592_b6b59f0009_o.jpg

http://de.fishki.net/pics9/cerina_vincent_02.jpg

Both have appeared topless in movies afterwards :naughty:

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-09-2009, 02:51 PM
I didn't know Dana went topless, Maya we all knew from Andros' sisters movie "Not Another Teen Movie".

Jura
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
She had a small part in a Paris Hilton movie. Pledge This!

She's in the threesome: http://rapidshare.com/files/227620195/NL_Pledge_This_Nudity.avi

The Jayman
10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
go go naked rangers

Kalyx triaD
10-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Careers skyrocket after you do PR!!

Haze
10-10-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.wondercostumes.com/images/products/DG50089350.jpg

So rocking this for Halloween this year!

Kalyx triaD
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
But... Jason or his stuntman weren't that big...

Shadow
10-10-2009, 02:52 PM
For a while, I thought they were thinking about making the show an animation so the PR producers could be in more control.

Fell through for some reason. Shame cause maybe we could see some individual zord fights then.

Kalyx triaD
02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/tristanism/PowerUp/gosei32.jpg
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZTNTaDxaok&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZTNTaDxaok&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yeah, figures they drop what appears to be a badass theme for this year's Sentai after we cancel it's PR.

Shadow
02-11-2010, 01:47 AM
You do know this year's theme for Sentai is about angels right? And the morphing gimmick is based on cards right? RIGHT!?

parkmania
02-11-2010, 01:25 PM
So Sentai meets YGO?

Shadow
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
More like Sentai meets Kamen Rider.

Kalyx triaD
02-11-2010, 11:34 PM
You do know this year's theme for Sentai is about angels right? And the morphing gimmick is based on cards right? RIGHT!?

How is that not cool?! Go Go Holy Rangers!

Shadow
02-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Just saying that it wouldn't have translated that well to American audences if they did a straight translation.

Thank god Kalish is never gone touch another Ranger series.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Here's the re-aired first episode

part 1
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FO3cE3yTjxo"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

part 2
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mpz7N_0e60I"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

part 3
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wegtWXPUD-E"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
The added special effects weren't necessary.

Kalyx triaD
02-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Are they fucking serious? Those effects are borderline offensive.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
They're in every episode I think, I only watched that one, not the others that are up.

Kalyx triaD
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't do it to myself. And by the way, for all the whiny bitches out there: THIS is the definition of raping one's childhood. Literally taking the old material and fucking with it. Not every time something gets a reboot or a sequel.

The Jayman
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Meh. I got the original Power Rangers seasons 1-4 on dvd so i'm good

parkmania
02-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the MMPR version of Transformers Generation 2.

Shadow
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
parkmania basically beat me too it.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
All I have have Power Rangers season 1-9(MMPR-TF) are Fox Kids rips, 10-13(WF-SPD) are Jetix/ABC Family rips.

Shadow
02-13-2010, 03:03 AM
That'd be about right. Though half of Wild Force would be ripped from Fox Kids.

owenbrown
02-13-2010, 03:18 AM
wow the reboot in 2010 is cheesy even by 1993's standards

owenbrown
02-13-2010, 03:47 AM
I mean I wasn't a big fan back then but c'mon this is a slap in the face to anyone who is feeling nostalgic

thedamndest
02-13-2010, 04:42 PM
I really hated Billy.

thedamndest
02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
How did Rita Repulsa keep getting the wand back after she made the monster grow? Or was it a new wand every time? Also, did she have to strategically plan the monster's attack to coincide with the time of day and period of the month at which point she could throw the wand directly into Angel Grove from the moon?

Lock Jaw
02-13-2010, 05:30 PM
A wizard did it.

parkmania
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
How did Rita Repulsa keep getting the wand back after she made the monster grow? Or was it a new wand every time? Also, did she have to strategically plan the monster's attack to coincide with the time of day and period of the month at which point she could throw the wand directly into Angel Grove from the moon?

Damn you and your logic, thed. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!

j/k

thedamndest
02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I will accept the wizard answer.

owenbrown
02-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Damn you and your logic, thed. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!

j/k

lol

Shadow
02-14-2010, 01:15 AM
A witch did it.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Isn't it terribly irresponsible of Zordon to put the fate of the world in the hands of teenagers? Seriously, if I had to pick a team like that I'd want people like Brock Lesnar, Jason David Frank and John Cena.

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I think it was explained why kids were usually chosen in one of the seasons. Or maybe I'm mistaken, something about the power of youth or some shit. But there has been adult rangers and heroes.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2010, 10:14 AM
http://www.mmamadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jason-14-web.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/19731/1212003-101651_jason_david_frank_former_power_ranger_star_turned_ufc_fighter_super.jpg

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2010, 10:15 AM
I think it was explained why kids were usually chosen in one of the seasons. Or maybe I'm mistaken, something about the power of youth or some shit. But there has been adult rangers and heroes.

Also, I swear to God I doubt a single teenager today (in the UK anyway) would be so goody goody to actually do something like this.

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Also, I swear to God I doubt a single teenager today (in the UK anyway) would be so goody goody to actually do something like this.

If today's teenagers got ranger powers, mecha and all, Lord help us all.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2010, 10:22 AM
New Power Ranger line-up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/hoodies.jpg

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Their identities would be on Facebook and shit.

Shaggy
02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.mmamadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jason-14-web.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/19731/1212003-101651_jason_david_frank_former_power_ranger_star_turned_ufc_fighter_super.jpg

:eek:

Would be funny if he had a giant morpher on his back...or his dragonzord lol.

As far as the new episodes go.... I was actually excited when I heard about it because of the fact we might get official versions of the seasons released on DVD. After seeing that first episode I dont want it. Those comic book like animations are horrible and I cant believe that when it shows the zords it actually pops shit up like the way it did.

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2010, 01:51 PM
It's disrespectful. Might as well ran with it and changed the music, redubbed monsters, all of that shit.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Goldar sounded redubbed. I haven't watched PR in years though so I can't remember. But pretty sure he didn't sound at all like he did in that video.

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
That's his original audio, it's just his earlier voice work sounded different from the S2/S3 stuff when the actor settled into his raspy-growl role.

LoDownM
02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I have the Green Ranger Saga all on VHS somewhere, wonder if they are worth anything. Got them for free by calling into the local Fox channel and being like caller 11 or something back in the day lol.

parkmania
05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
New episodes of Power Rangers will air on Nickelodeon this fall, and Nicktoons will also begin airing some of the 700 older episodes, according to Variety. The revival, which will also include live touring events and feature films, is being launched by Saban Brands, a new company formed by Haim Saban. Saban Brands has re-acquired Power Rangers from Disney.

Saban developed Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, based on a Toei Japanese production, in the early 90s and had a great run on Fox Kids. Disney acquired the property with the channel (now ABC Family) in 2001, but apparently doesn’t see it as a great fit for its audience. At the time Disney purchased the brand, Power Rangers had already accounted for $5 billion in retail sales.

.44 Magdalene
05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
New episodes?

Do we know based on which series yet? I can't imagine them doing Shinkenger or the angel... card game... bullshit.

parkmania
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Once I show you this logo:

http://www.icv2.com/images/17480PowerRangers_logo-md.JPG

You'll know everything I know.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2010, 07:22 PM
New episodes of Power Rangers will air on Nickelodeon this fall, and Nicktoons will also begin airing some of the 700 older episodes, according to Variety. The revival, which will also include live touring events and feature films, is being launched by Saban Brands, a new company formed by Haim Saban. Saban Brands has re-acquired Power Rangers from Disney.

YES YES-

I mean...

The kids will love this. Good for them. :shifty:

.44 Magdalene
05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
As long as the show keeps that beard it grew during RPM

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I read plot summaries and that show is hardcore relatively speaking.

Kane Knight
05-15-2010, 08:53 AM
wow the reboot in 2010 is cheesy even by 1993's standards

What's the difference? I haven't caught a single episode, because I didn't really care that much.

.44 Magdalene
05-16-2010, 07:00 AM
What's the difference? I haven't caught a single episode, because I didn't really care that much.

Basically, they took all the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers footage and added "more special effects" that look like they were done in Power Point. Screen flips, star wipes, names flashing across the screen redundantly, etc.

Kalyx triaD
05-16-2010, 07:48 AM
He's not even embellishing.

Dirk Ziggler
05-17-2010, 02:59 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqmx80o0sQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqmx80o0sQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Had no idea there was a "Full Version" to the theme.

Kalyx triaD
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
The show has a rich musical history. Or something rather.

Kane Knight
05-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Basically, they took all the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers footage and added "more special effects" that look like they were done in Power Point. Screen flips, star wipes, names flashing across the screen redundantly, etc.

This merits a "new" series?

.44 Magdalene
05-18-2010, 02:04 AM
This merits a "new" series?

Basically, Disney didn't want to blow money on producing a whole 'nother season, so they instead doctored up the first season (which was "everyone's favorite") and showed that in their obligatory Power Rangers timeslot.

Now that the rights to produce Power Rangers have been picked back up by somebody who actually gives a shit, the show's alive again.

.44 Magdalene
05-18-2010, 02:06 AM
This was after Power Rangers RPM was absolutely incredible, but crippled by an incredibly ass balls timeslot--again, a matter of the people owning it not giving quite as much of a damn as the people writing for it.

Dark-Slicer Diago
05-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Full Version of all 5 songs played during the putty battles(when they did play).

5-4-1
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TvGjHUPOxg"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Combat
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDrTNz8jl3c"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

I Will Win
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KVg9B-UyLM"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

We Need A Hero
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oW7OqO_lXTI"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Fight
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7u8ayCqS5g"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Kalyx triaD
05-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Check out "Fight Back" as well. A recent 'fight track' by the same dude. It's awesome.

Kalyx triaD
05-19-2010, 05:28 AM
"I heard. Actually about 100 people emailed me since yesterday.

I have no idea if/when Saban will contact me. It'll be interesting to see what he has planned.

Have a great day. If I hear anything I'll email everyone!

Ron"

/Ron Wasserman, the man behind PR's classic toons.

Dirk Ziggler
05-20-2010, 06:49 AM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3hBu2oYxB8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3hBu2oYxB8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Dirk Ziggler
05-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Found a full version that will actually let me embed for those who didn't wanna take the extra effort of 1-more click. It also has the full version that was on the Power Rangers Movie

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5soytPw1ig&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5soytPw1ig&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Greatest ranger ever:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1IdRYWE4fQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1IdRYWE4fQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

...Though we can't call their Sentai counterparts 'rangers' but you get me. Fucking awesome.

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2010, 07:34 AM
When Kimberly left the show they did a short montage for Amy Jo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yq0u1-69OiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yq0u1-69OiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

She was the real deal.

Rev. Hallowell
06-12-2010, 02:58 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/05/the-power-rangers-are-still-kicking-1.html

Guess who's back.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah that was posted already.

Kalyx triaD
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dej7ctOAWE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dej7ctOAWE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Hilarious, you're right btw, Ron Wasserman's "Fight Back" is awesome.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Magic Wand,

Make this thread grow!!!!!!!!!

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM
By Rick Bentley, The Fresno Bee, Calif.

Aug. 30--PASADENA -- It's morphin' time! -- again.

"The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," who exploded onto the children's television programming scene 17 years ago and instantly became a ratings and merchandising monster, are making a comeback.

The program, a mix of action scenes from a Japanese series and new footage shot with American actors, followed the exploits of a handful of teens who would morph into brightly dressed heroes to fight weird creatures.

An 18th season of the series is planned for Nickelodeon in 2011 and the original episodes will run on Nicktoons later this year.

Fresno's Stewart St. John, a film and TV writer/director who graduated from San Joaquin Memorial High School in the early 1980s, was a big part of the show's early success.

He wrote 30 of the original episodes and was the story editor the first season. Among his contributions was naming many of the characters and introducing the Green Ranger.

St. John is certain another wave of "Morphin" mania is on the way.

"I think the show is going to be just as big as it was that first year. It's obvious there are still plenty of fans," St. John says after speaking at the "Power Morphicon 2" convention last weekend. "Many of us were saying that we just can't believe what's happening with this whole 'Power Rangers' thing."

Thousands of fans -- many dressed in the costumes of their favorite characters -- packed the Pasadena Convention Center to collect autographs, buy collectibles and share their passion for the Power Rangers. Toys based on the series go for as much as $200 and actual props carry price tags as high as $700.

St. John says "Power Rangers" fans are as passionate and as knowledgeable as "Star Trek" or "Star Wars" enthusiasts.

Chris Howell and his girlfriend, Laura Stinnett, drove 31 hours straight from Louisville, Ky. to attend the convention. Howell's dressed in an exact copy of the Green Ranger costume that he had made for $900.

"I was not popular when I was a kid and the show was my escape," Howell says. "I just loved the show."

The actors are amazed to see how much interest there is in the show.

Tracy Lynn Cruz played the Yellow Ranger for three years appearing in "Power Rangers Turbo," "Power Rangers in Space" and "Power Rangers Lost Galaxy."

"When 'Galaxy' ended I thought this was all over for me. I didn't know there was so many people still following it," Cruz says. "I had no idea about how much loyalty there was with the fans. When you see people here from as far away as England and Puerto Rico, it's very humbling."

McLegend
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Least shocking news ever. The original Blue Power Ranger is gay.

Also he said he left the show because of gay insults directed at him by the Cast and crew.

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks.

Shaggy
09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Least shocking news ever. The original Blue Power Ranger is gay.

Also he said he left the show because of gay insults directed at him by the Cast and crew.

Yea I read that and then the next day I read a interview where they finally got ahold of Haim Saban where they said the reason he left was because they had a deal going on where St.John, Johnson and Him were going to get a bonus for sticking with the show. At the last second Johnson and St John pulled out and left and they felt there was no reason to give Billy his bonus anymore. He was pissed and left...

Dont really care which story was true...just found both stories interesting.

Kalyx triaD
09-09-2010, 05:28 AM
http://powerrangers.com/images/episode_kanji.gif

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Whatever the new season is, doesn't really excite me. I just want the original episodes and I'll be fine, I may already have every episode from MMPR S1 - SPD but dvds would be so much better.

Kalyx triaD
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
http://www.powerrangers.com/images/series_logos/samurai.png

"A new generation of Power Rangers must master the mystical and ancient Samurai Symbols of Power which give them control over the elements of Fire, Water, Sky, Forest, and Earth. Under the guidance of their all-knowing mentor and the aid of their devoted animal Zords, they battle the dark forces of the Netherworld and a mysterious Warrior bent on destruction."

Kalyx triaD
10-15-2010, 07:09 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iUbzLBMimM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iUbzLBMimM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yx4LGxd3eTc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yx4LGxd3eTc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HBJMx_LqSjg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HBJMx_LqSjg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2010, 07:39 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs480.ash2/75323_172140416147115_152452064782617_485764_3514882_n.jpg

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.marvista.net/

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2010, 07:44 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aFeqZ5OxA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aFeqZ5OxA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Juan
11-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Looks shit

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah. Fucking awesome.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
So, is a change in thread topic appropriate? Maybe something like Power Rangers Un-cancelled?

"These may look like five ordinary teens", but they are actually 20 to 30 years old.

Kalyx triaD
11-27-2010, 05:21 AM
If any of the mods care enough they could change it to "Power Rangers (Un)Canceled".

thedamndest
11-27-2010, 11:02 AM
You bet we care enough.

Sixx
11-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Ye, well, aren't Power Rangers supposed to look shit?

I always thought that was the charm.

Kalyx triaD
11-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Who are you asking..? Nobody seemed to object. Or is it a rhetorical?

Sixx
11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Forgot to quote Juan's post.

thedamndest
11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Love the Jason David Frank videos where he calls out Austin St. John.

Kalyx triaD
11-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Forgot to quote Juan's post.

Oh.

Love the Jason David Frank videos where he calls out Austin St. John.

Yeah, I don't think Austin wants to compete in any form these days. Would have been interesting in both their (mainstream) primes. An onscreen rivalry between Tommy and Jason was something the writers should have jumped on.

thedamndest
11-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Holy shit Amy Jo Johnson is 40.

Kalyx triaD
11-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Power Rangers was 20 years ago. Fuck. I still remember the first promos for MMPR.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-27-2010, 07:21 PM
We demand Bulk and Skull to be in this series in some form! Make it happen Nick or pay the price of nobody watching!

CSL
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aFeqZ5OxA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aFeqZ5OxA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol brutal

Shadow
11-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Holy shit Amy Jo Johnson is 40.

And looking damn good for her age.

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
You could say that again.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-29-2010, 04:09 PM
And looking damn good for her age.

Indeed.

Kalyx triaD
02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Some of the dialogue feels really awkward and forced, but it's well shot and pretty fun.

Jura
02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I think PR peaked at Lost Galaxy, at least for me it did. I lost interest after that. Magna Defender was the shiznit.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I stopped watching at that point. It was years later I found out it was rather mature and had a badass ending.