PDA

View Full Version : Abyss

Kane86
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
What are everyones thoughts on The Monster Abyss.

I like his Hardcore Style as Well as His regular Matches. While not one of the best technical wrestlers. He is one of the best Big Men. I would have loved to see him tangle with Bruiser Brody tangle or Abdullah the Butcher.

His Matches with Sabu, Aj Styles, Ryhno, Christian, were awesome.
He is one of the good things to happen to the Monsters Ball.

Discuss

screech
03-16-2009, 12:04 AM
He never should have talked or "gone crazy." He used to be a legit monster, he has now become a whiny bitch.

That said, I am still a fan because he is a big man who can actually move around the ring. I also enjoy this program with Matt Morgan (I'm one of the few).

Xero
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM
He's the poor man's Mankind.

Dorkchop
03-16-2009, 12:07 AM
I found him more interesting/entertaining when TNA first got their tv deal. I'm all for character development, but it's poorly done (meaning ridiculously predictable). I met him once. I tried to get him to hold a cute stuffed dog I won earlier at the fair. At first he said yes, then told me no because he didn't want it on the internet. I kept bugging him to hold it, but he got mad so I stopped.

Kane86
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM
He never should have talked or "gone crazy." He used to be a legit monster, he has now become a whiny bitch.

That said, I am still a fan because he is a big man who can actually move around the ring. I also enjoy this program with Matt Morgan (I'm one of the few).

I enjoy it as well and your right about him being a whiny bitch.

Abyss still is my fave from TNA.

I jsut wish he would go back to his old ways.

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 12:17 AM
I like Abyss for his abilities and being a big man who can carry himself. He's nothing overly special, but not being horrible in a crop of horrible talent like him is enough to make that alone special.

I do not like his current character, look or really anything about him, though. His stuff with Matt Morgan needs to unlock a darker side. He really doesn't need to be a part of a "story" all the time. Give him some down time to just wrestle matches and get some momentum and mystique back.

He really should have been the powerhouse of the TNA Frontline when they were first formed. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles & Abyss could have been the core of the group.

Rammsteinmad
03-16-2009, 01:48 AM
When I first saw him I was like "WOW! This guys like Kane but really great in the ring!".

BUT that was about four years ago, and I find myself no longer caring.

Kane86
03-16-2009, 01:51 AM
I will saythis much for his size man does he move fast. AJ Styles said its hard to have a bad match with Abyss.

Fignuts
03-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Always liked him. Although I havn't watched tna in like a year.

Kane86
03-16-2009, 01:56 AM
Always liked him. Although I havn't watched tna in like a year.

Your not missing nothing...........

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 04:00 AM
If Abyss and Dr. Stevie formed a tag team, I would not be opposed. Abyss has to fit somewhere on the card, and right now, everything is stacked pretty tall. They are in no shortage of main eventers. Abyss taking some time to work the lower card with Richards could be really awesome.

Sting Fan
03-16-2009, 04:47 AM
He really should have been the powerhouse of the TNA Frontline when they were first formed. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles & Abyss should have been the group.

:yes:

BigDaddyCool
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
He gets a solid meh. I've never seen much in him

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Something I like about Abyss is that he never seems forced. Maybe his NWA World Heavyweight Title run was a bit awkward -- I never saw it, but to me, wherever the guy is on the card, he seems to fit in. While that's not neccessarily a super-awesome thing, and it probably implies that he just doesn't have that "star quality" to really carry a company or anything, Abyss seems like a solid hand to have around for any promotion.

AJHayes
03-17-2009, 01:25 PM
He's not great, but not horrible. Just never did much for me. I'm going to go with a nay.

The Mackem
03-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Does he still look like a Kane/Mankind lovechild?

Xerzes
03-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Does he still look like a Kane/Mankind lovechild?

Yes, and now he's in bright white all the time, so he also looks like a milkman.

Volare
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Moo.

Krimzon7
03-17-2009, 10:55 PM
he sucks.

The Show Off
03-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Abyss is alright.

I think after they finish his feud with Matt Morgan they should have Abyss and Dr. Stevie tag up as a somedy duo only to have Abyss snap and go back to his monster ways. Then they can build Stevie Richards as a legit wrestler from said feud (much the way the Homicide/Colt Cabana feud made Cabana legit as a serious wrestler and not just comedy).

It won't happen, but it is a pipe dream.

The Mackem
03-18-2009, 06:38 AM
See this is the thing they have potentially a good character in Abyss but they always come up short in their execution. His overall look is not what it should be.

Destor
03-18-2009, 06:42 AM
The problem with Abyss is they let him book his own angles.

Krimzon7
03-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Is that it?

Mike Honcho
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
He's the poor man's Mankind.

'nuff said.