PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Cop 4!!!! 25th anniversary

TNASUCKS
03-22-2009, 12:59 AM
7 Months ago
CHARLIEMJ3485
2024 posts A fourth Beverly Hills Cop film is reported to be in development. The first news arrived in 2006. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer had stated his intention to resurrect the franchise, but eventually gave up his option to produce the film. Lorenzo di Bonaventura was slated to produce the film. Several scripts had reportedly been produced, the latest a fusion of several of the previous versions. The film had officially been given a greenlight, and the film was said to be still in development. The latest news on the project was that Murphy was reportedly happy with the current outline, which was described as an attempt to recapture "the feel of the original". In May 2008, Brett Ratner was officially named director for the project. Also it was stated that there were no writers for the project as of yet, and that they were still looking. Eddie Murphy is set to reprise his role as Detective Axel Foley. It is unknown whether Judge Reinhold or John Ashton will return to reprise their roles.[5] Inspired by the success of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Paramount Pictures is said to be aiming for a 2009 production start, in time for a 2010 release. Director Brett Ratner was reportedly hoping that the film would get a PG-13 rating. Ratner later dismissed the statement, insisting that the film would be getting the franchise's standard R rating. In a recent interview with Extra TV, Eddie Murphy has expressed doubt in returning as Foley as "the movie wasn't ready to be done." However, in a later interview with MTV, Murphy stated he was not retiring and that he would be returning for the fourth installment. One reason he stated was that "the third Beverly Hills Cop was horrible!" and that he "didn't want to leave it like that". Michael Brandt and Derek Haas were hired as screenwriters for the film.

Juan
03-22-2009, 03:17 AM
I'll watch it if it's Rated R

The Genius
03-22-2009, 03:28 AM
judge reinhold and john ashton need to be in it.

thedamndest
03-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did a PG-13 theater edition and then a DVD unrated version, like with Die Hard 4. Die Hard 4 was still very watchable at PG-13, but God definitely intended John McClain to say Yippie Kai Yay Mother Fucker.

ct2k
03-22-2009, 03:02 PM
ffs hollywood seriously, somebody bomb it please

PorkSoda
03-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I never seen any of the Hills Cop. I should go see them.

Die Hard 4.....didnt they still edit the M-Fer part out on the unrated?

Savio
03-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did a PG-13 theater edition and then a DVD unrated version, like with Die Hard 4. Die Hard 4 was still very watchable at PG-13, but God definitely intended John McClain to say Yippie Kai Yay Mother Fucker.
Yeah it was a good late sequel....like Rocky 6

G
03-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I never seen any of the Hills Cop. I should go see them.

Die Hard 4.....didnt they still edit the M-Fer part out on the unrated?

No? Would kinda defeat the purpose of an unrated.

thedamndest
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XEaeOxqy_4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XEaeOxqy_4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Genius
03-22-2009, 11:39 PM
i hope glenn frey writes another song for the 4th movie.

Jeritron
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
It has to have Judge Reinhold or it will defy the nature of existence, and the universe will collapse in on itself.
Haven't you read Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Judge Reinhold"?

He HAS to be in any 80s movie, or unlikely late sequel or it defies quantum physics. His appearances in occasional Halmark movies are what keeps the universe stable.
In the 80's, Reinhold was as much a part of movie production as a key grip, gaffer, or the camera itself.