PDA

View Full Version : what nwo is your fav??

StingerSplash4Lyf
03-25-2009, 05:49 PM
red or white?

BodySlam
03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
BOTH

CSL
03-25-2009, 05:53 PM
An nWo based sock? Really?

StingerSplash4Lyf
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
wtf r u talking about?

mike adamle
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
its obvious what he's talking about

DarKCentaur
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Since I can't vote Loose Cannon, I go with white

Rollermacka
03-25-2009, 08:36 PM
An nWo based sock? Really?

lol, but I'm gonna say NWO Japan :shifty:

The Optimist
03-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, NWO Japan.

Juan
03-25-2009, 08:39 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n320/jdead120/bWo.jpg

Storer50
03-25-2009, 08:44 PM
NWO Japan, I am a huge Masa Chono mark

Xero
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
LWO

Jeritron
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't see why anyone would pick anything other than 2000

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Wolfpac.

Fox
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
B-Squad.

Vincent, Scott Norton, Horace Hogan and Stevie Ray for lyfes.

The Gold Standard
03-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Wolfpac

thedamndest
03-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I voted for all of them just to be safe.

Xero
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I voted for all of the nWo ones, because DX is not the nWo.

sulzerdrone
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Original. Hall, Nash, Hogan. Done. No white, red, or wolfpac. No B team, no half the roster is NWO. No no no no no!

The Optimist
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I would accept Savage and Hennig, from that point on things got rediculous.

thedamndest
03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I voted for all of the nWo ones, because DX is not the nWo.

I didn't want to make the wrong choice and get a Stinger Splash for life, or any other patented Sting move for life.

Zeeboe
03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
It's funny that this thread was made because I've been watching some old WCW stuff recently. I miss WCW. :( I use to hate WCW during the Monday Night Wars too, and sided with the WWF, but I secretly loved WCW, and it was a major guilty pleasure. Looking back, I really wish I would have appreciated WCW more back when it was around. i.e. Admit to being a fan, watch more WCW shows, buy WCW merchandise, go to the WCW shows when they were in town, or close to where I lived, and order the WCW PPV's......but I was a war, and I picked my side, and I could never admit to loving the enemy......WWF was awesome too back then, but I wish I would have just enjoyed both, and not be involved in the war, and just be a fan. It's too late now though. All I have left are old clips, and my memories. *sigh*

I've been meaning to read the Death of WCW for a while now. It looks like it is an interesting read with lots of great and interesting WCW stories.

Xero
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
In my opinion the only really good additions after the originals were Giant and Bischoff.

Hell, anything would have been better than what they tried to pull off. The only way it really would have been worth it is if they actually did a proper roster split around 1999 with the nWo taking Nitro (only because they would have wanted the better time slot) and WCW taking Thunder.

Xero
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I've been meaning to read the Death of WCW for a while now. It looks like it is an interesting read with lots of great and interesting WCW stories.
Really worth the read.

Savio
03-25-2009, 11:52 PM
nwo 2002

The Optimist
03-26-2009, 12:30 AM
The Giant was good too. They probably should have split the group over a fued between him, Hogan and Sting.

James Steele
03-26-2009, 12:34 AM
nWo Sting

Xero
03-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Remember WCW vs. nWo Revenge?

:cool:

James Steele
03-26-2009, 12:37 AM
http://rockst4r.net/downinthewell/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/revenge.jpg

Xerzes
03-26-2009, 02:39 AM
I didn't see a "shut the fuck up" option, so I didn't vote.

Destor
03-26-2009, 02:40 AM
NWO Japan, I am a huge Masa Chono mark

Tazz Dan
03-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Wolfpac. Wow, like you didn't see that one coming :roll:

FourFifty
03-26-2009, 05:35 AM
nWo Crossrine.

Rollerskategirl
03-26-2009, 06:05 AM
I :heart: Crossrine

RatedGSuperstar
03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
HBK (he's my fav).

Rammsteinmad
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
White.

DAMN iNATOR
03-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Wolfpac. Their theme was, and still is to this day, the most memorable of all the different nWo variations, IMO...(\/)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSn57kO1FXk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSn57kO1FXk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. C
03-26-2009, 04:00 PM
The only good additions after the originals were Giant and Syxx. Shame Hogan left the group after he lost his match to The Rock, before Hall and Nash brought in X-Pac and Show. Hogan, Nash, Hall, X-Pac, & Show would’ve been awesome.

- Hogan loses his match to The Rock. After the match, Nash and Hall come down and assault The Rock before leaving the ring with Hogan.

- During a match between Nash and Rock on the following episode of SmackDown, Hall comes in and breaks up a pin for the disqualification. After the match, Hall goes for the Razor’s Edge, but gets dropped to the outside. Hogan walks down and starts taking it to The Rock, but The Rock fights back. X-Pac comes running in and clocks The Rock with a steel chair. The nWo celebrates with their new member, and the show goes off the air.

- All four members of the nWo (Hogan, Nash, Hall, & X-Pac) are drafted as a unit by Ric Flair to RAW. Hogan begins a feud for the Undisputed Championship with Triple-H, and Nash and Hall begin a feud with APA, who also are both drafted by Flair.

- At Backlash, The Outsiders defeat The APA after X-Pac hits the apron and Bradshaw knocks him down to the outside. While the referee is watching this, Hall gives Bradshaw a low blow and finishes with a Razor’s Edge.

During the Undisputed Championship Match between Hogan and Triple-H, Nash, Hall, and X-Pac come down and pull the referee out of the ring, then assault Triple-H and wake up the referee. Hogan then hits the Leg Drop for the pin. After the match, Hogan spraypaints “nWo” on the belt.

- During a tag team match between Hall/X-Pac and Austin/Show when Austin finally manages to tag in Show, Show turns on Austin and gives him the Chokeslam. The music plays, and the nWo celebrates with their newest member.

James Steele
03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SyGq3klxhQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SyGq3klxhQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Zeeboe
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Rated R Classic - You know, not that long ago, I too wondered what would have happened if the Hulkster remained a heel. It would have been entertaining to see the classic nWo Hollywood Hogan being the top outlaw in WWE, but as we know, he was WAY too over with the fans for that to happen.

I'm glad I got to see the return of the red and yellow Hulk Hogan I grew up loving, and watching one last time for one final run in the WWF. Those were some fun times for me personally.

Mr. C
03-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that's what ultimately killed the nWo. As soon as Hogan and The Rock beat Nash and Hall up, I knew the nWo wasn't going to last as long as I thought, but at the same time, thought what was the point of bringing back Hogan as a member of the nWo if they were just going to turn him face a month later? Surely they had to know he was at least going to get somewhat of a face reaction upon his return. It's HULK HOGAN that we're talking about.

On the other hand, though, Hall only lasted three months before being released and then Nash only lasted five months before going down with an injury, so I guess it would've been only a matter of time before the nWo vanished, but I always wondered what if Hogan had stayed heel before all that.

They could've had Hogan, Nash, Hall, X-Pac, & Show for those three months on RAW together, with Hogan being the Undisputed Champion for the month he held it before dropping it to The Undertaker. I think a face biker Undertaker vs. a heel nWo Hogan for the title would've been cool, especially with the other members of the nWo backing Hogan up, and with Bradshaw and Austin feuding with them too, they could've had Faarooq on RAW too and done something like APA, Austin, & Undertaker vs. nWo, even if it was only for a month.

Let's say all of this did happen. Hall gets released and leaves Hogan, Nash, X-Pac, & Show as the nWo. Nash gets injured and leaves Hogan, X-Pac, & Show as the nWo. Now if you remember, Hogan went on hiatus after his match in August 2002 with Brock Lesnar, so that would've left only X-Pac and Show. X-Pac was released after creative couldn't come up with anything for him, and Show moved to SmackDown to ultimately end Lesnar's undefeated streak. That would've lasted for a total of six months, so yeah, whether Hogan remained heel or not, the nWo would've never lasted long in WWE.

StingerSplash4Lyf
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
dont u kno the badboyz of wrestlin

Zeeboe
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
In July of 2002, Eric Bischoff joined the WWE, so he could have been put into the nWo and may have been able to save them.

StingerSplash4Lyf
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
taht would have been awesome

Mr. C
03-27-2009, 02:22 PM
I've thought about that too, and it might would've worked. If Bischoff had been put into the nWo again, it would've been X-Pac, Show, Michaels, & Bischoff. Four months later, Scott Steiner returned to WWE and could've been added to the group as well. Finally, if they could've waited, Nash returned the following year and could've resumed his role as leader of the nWo. Nash, X-Pac, Show, Michaels, Steiner, & Bischoff would've been pretty sweet, along with Evolution, in 2003.

I still think Hogan, Nash, Hall, X-Pac, & Show in 2002 on RAW would've been the best nWo period.

Wolfpack423
03-27-2009, 03:00 PM
My three favorites would be in this order:

nWo Wolfpack- Sting, Macho Man Randy Savage, Big Sexy Kevin Nash, The Total Package Lex Luger and Konnan.

nWo Hollywood- Hollywood Hogan, Bret The Hitman Hart, Scott Hall, The Giant, Curt Hennig, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell

nWo 2000- Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Jeff Jarret

Wolfpack423
03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
It's funny that this thread was made because I've been watching some old WCW stuff recently. I miss WCW. :( I use to hate WCW during the Monday Night Wars too, and sided with the WWF, but I secretly loved WCW, and it was a major guilty pleasure. Looking back, I really wish I would have appreciated WCW more back when it was around. i.e. Admit to being a fan, watch more WCW shows, buy WCW merchandise, go to the WCW shows when they were in town, or close to where I lived, and order the WCW PPV's......but I was a war, and I picked my side, and I could never admit to loving the enemy......WWF was awesome too back then, but I wish I would have just enjoyed both, and not be involved in the war, and just be a fan. It's too late now though. All I have left are old clips, and my memories. *sigh*

There's supposed to be a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD being made. I am anticipating this myself. If it's as good as the Rise and Fall of ECW then I definitely would like to get this. I just hope it's not a hatchet job. In 1998, I was 100% behind WCW and then in 1999 became more involved with WWF because The Rock was in the main events. I liked the IC division best in 1998 for WWF, though Austin is one of my all time favorites champion and superstar wise.

Krimzon7
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
which ever NWO had Viscious and Delicious in it. Bagwell and Norton were so underrated!