PDA

View Full Version : Three Stooges Movie

Triple A
03-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Sean Penn as Larry and apparently Jim Carrey is going to be Curly and is going to gain 40 lbs for the role, and Benicio Del Torro is going to be Moe (what).

Fignuts
03-28-2009, 01:02 PM
penn is perfect tbh, and carey can prolly pull off curly if he gains the weight, but wtf at BDT?

Also, this will suck, and lack the charm of the classic show.

Jeritron
03-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Is it going to be a movie about the real lives of the Three Stooges, and them making the show, life off set, etc.?
Or is it going to be Three Stooges as actual people going through life in some fictional story a la Dumb and Dumer, The Brady Bunch movie, etc.?

Thats what my biggest question has been.

Jeritron
03-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Either way I think this is a bad idea.

thedamndest
03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
No love for Shemp.

Triple A
03-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Gonna be directed/written by the Farrelly brothers btw. Carrey and Del Torro are not confirmed but that is "the word on the street". I don't see how this will suck. I think it'll be pretty good. Doubt Sean Penn would be in it and Jim Carrey would gain 40 lbs if the script was awful.

Jeritron
03-28-2009, 02:19 PM
I, on the other hand, do see how it could suck.

That's not to say it couldn't be good. The cast is definitely a good indicator, but sometimes great actors do things for money, or because they're fun. Maybe Sean Penn just wants to be in something lighthearted for the first time in 20 years? Maybe he just wants to be in a big budget movie that pays him a ton of money?

My two biggest reasons for not having much hope for this are the premise, and the writer/directors

IC Champion
03-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Sean Penn is over rated.

Jeritron
03-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Sean Peen is.

IC Champion
03-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Gonna be directed/written by the Farrelly brothers btw. Carrey and Del Torro are not confirmed but that is "the word on the street". I don't see how this will suck. I think it'll be pretty good. Doubt Sean Penn would be in it and Jim Carrey would gain 40 lbs if the script was awful.

Have you seen a Jim Carrey movie?

Triple Naitch
03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
It's not supposed to be a biopic. If it was, it has potential to be a good movie. A regular Three Stooges movie, though, sounds terrible.

Droford
03-28-2009, 08:25 PM
It's not supposed to be a biopic. If it was, it has potential to be a good movie. A regular Three Stooges movie, though, sounds terrible.

There was already at least one made for tv biopic made about 8 years ago or so.

Fignuts
03-29-2009, 12:16 AM

The Laurel and Hardy movie. That's how I think it could suck.

RoXer
03-29-2009, 12:18 AM
There was already at least one made for tv biopic made about 8 years ago or so.

Yeah and that was kinda good.

RoXer
03-29-2009, 12:20 AM
I thoguht I saw Jim Carey in some magazine recently and he was all ripped and shit while walking down the beach with Jenny Mcarthy.