PDA

View Full Version : House of 1000 Corpses

Loose Cannon
03-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Has anybody seen this movie? I remember hearing that it was a real old school horror flick when it came out last year. I caught it for the first time last night on Cinemax and I thought it was really good. It was very Texas Chainsaw-ish, but with the volume turned up a few knobs. There was a lot of gore and blood in this movie and some of the scenes were really sick. There was a ton of evil characters in the movie, more then I have ever seen in a horror flick before.

The one thing I didn't like very much was some of the songs in the movie. I don't know, but some of those songs didn't match the violent scenes in the movie and it seemed to make the scene less scary. Oh yeah and WTF with none of the so called good guys in the movie ever getting the upper hand. I mean I usually like when the bad guys punk out the good guys in movies, but this was ridiculous. For example when the girl got away from the Psycho Family for a minute, right before they were about to put her in the coffin, I thought she would at least put up a fight with that bi*** who ran after her. But the psycho bi*** threw her down and stabbed her like 40 times real quick. I was like FU**. The bad guys never got hurt once in the movie except for when the wall came down on that one dude with that mask. Man did I want to see those cops come save the day and start shooting those mother fu**ers, but I was denied.

All in all, I thought it was one of the best horror flicks I've ever seen and I highly recommend it if you're into that genre.

Lara Emily
03-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Why would the bad guys get hurt, the movie is about them not the "heroes"

Boondock Saint
03-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Why would the bad guys get hurt, the movie is about them not the "heroes"

Exactly. And the sequel revolves around them being on the run now.

I liked it too. It wasn't AS disturbing as I was thinking it would be. But every time I think about it, I like it more and more. It had a nice look and feel to it IMO. And interesting characters.

el fregadero
03-29-2004, 12:48 AM
<font color=teal>I liked the choice of music for the scenes. It was different from what you would expect.</font>

What Would Kevin Do?
03-29-2004, 12:56 AM
I love the drawn out shooting scene...

I also love the soundtrack :)

el fregadero
03-29-2004, 12:58 AM
<font color=teal>Yeah, I don't know why either, it was just cool.</font>

Bazooka
03-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Some parts were funny but it mostly sucked(lacked good plot) I'm more of a pyschological horror movie fan myself. There was no edge in this movie, and the ending sucked.

el fregadero
03-29-2004, 01:11 AM
<font color=teal>What didn't you like about the end?</font>

Bazooka
03-29-2004, 01:14 AM
That girl went through so much trouble to escape. It woulda been better if she somehow got retribution, she seemed smart enough.

el fregadero
03-29-2004, 01:17 AM
<font color=teal>I think that's what Rob was going for though, he didn't want it to be like most horror movies.</font> :-\

Kris P Lettus
03-29-2004, 02:39 AM
I :heart: it...

Best horror movie in a long time, next to Wrong Turn...

Drawn out shooting scene was awesome.. As was the crazy, slutty, hottt blonde chick (Rob Zombie's wife)...

:y:

Loose Cannon
03-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Exactly. And the sequel revolves around them being on the run now.

I liked it too. It wasn't AS disturbing as I was thinking it would be. But every time I think about it, I like it more and more. It had a nice look and feel to it IMO. And interesting characters.

Oh, if there's a sequal then I guess it's better none of the bad guys got killed off. But all I was asking was for maybe just one of them to get punched in the face or shot or stabbed or something. They were like invincible.

Disturbed316
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Huge ass bump-age.

Finally got round to buy the dvd and watching it last night. The way it was shot reminded me of an episode from Tales from the Crypt, which is awesome. Zombie wanted to go back to the 70's style of horror and that helped IMO.

The drawn out shooting was brilliant. At first I thought he wasn't going to do it, then boom! Awesome.

To me it didn't seem as if the film had a purpose other than to show how fucked up the Firefly family is. Normal horrors have some purpose, but to me this didn't other than to show what they are like.

I don't care how crazy she was, Baby was fucking hot.

Gonna watch Devil's Rejects tonight, so expect another bump-age.

Bad Company
06-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I started watching house of 1k ages ago and didnt get into it, so I left it.
Watched Devil's Rejects the other week, such a good movie. Rob Zombies wife is so hot.

yianni
06-10-2006, 11:43 AM
:o is all i have to say.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2006, 11:57 AM
On the subject of Zombie, he's been tapped to helm the remake of Halloween. Now I think Halloween is one of the best horror films out there and does not need to be remade. However, since it is happening, I feel slightly more at ease about it with Zombie behind the camera. I think he'll treat it with respect. John Carpenter gave his approval anyway, but Carpenter hasn't done anything worth merit in years.

Champion of Europa
06-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Zombie is officially writing, directing, producing, and doing the music for the Halloween remake.

Fox
06-11-2006, 02:35 AM
god damnit. why can't they leave the classics in the closet and come up with some new shit already?