PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait until Wrestlemania is over.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
I know it's the biggest show of the year and I'm very excited for it, but the programming leading up to it has been absolutely atrocious. It's basically nothing but fodder matches to 'hype' the ones at the big show and full video recap packages of the same shit I've been watching the entire time.

Did anybody see ECW last night? They opened with YET ANOTHER inconsequential MiTB tag match. That makes something like seven of them over the past three weeks. After that, the rest of the show was Wrestlemania/12 Rounds promo packages until the very end when we got to our exciting main event....Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella. Not even so much as a peep from Jack Swagger, who has maybe appeared three times this past month on the band as their champion. Fucking pathetic.

I love Wrestlemania as much as the next person, but the programming leading up to it has not gotten me any more excited for it. It's actually been making me pretty sick. I can't wait until after the show where we get new rosters and new storylines/feuds.

That is all.

Mooияakeя™
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Very true. There's like 1% unique hype each week, and that is being favourable.

I'm looking forward to WM as I always do, and it's my only PPV buy of the year that is guaranteed, cos most people put in 110% for WM. This year better not be any different.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I do have high hopes for the show itself, but the programming as of late is not reminding me of why I'm so excited for it at all.

Juan
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I think part of it is because their last PPV was almost two months ago, so they've had TOO MUCH time.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
What about the days when there were only four PPVs a year? Also, if they had so much time, why did it take them so long to finally announce JBL's match and the tag title match? It seemed like they were stalling for the longest time.

Mooияakeя™
04-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I do have high hopes for the show itself, but the programming as of late is not reminding me of why I'm so excited for it at all.

Pretty much sums up how I feel in a more elaborated sentence.

Johnny Vegas
04-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I was wondering if i was the only one who thought that the MITB tag matches were on like..EVERY show, EVERY week.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
You're not alone, Vegas. You're not alone.

Savio
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
wait did they seriously only have 2 matches?

Krimzon7
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
I think part of it is because their last PPV was almost two months ago, so they've had TOO MUCH time.

quite interesting here, I would say that it's been too much time for the dumb assed creative crew that's been in charge of planning the direction. They're not used to working in the era where a PPV could be months away.

Ah the good ole days.

Anybody Thrilla
04-02-2009, 12:27 AM
wait did they seriously only have 2 matches?

Seriously. It was depressing.

Anybody Thrilla
04-02-2009, 12:30 AM
AND ONE OF THOSE MATCHES WAS NIKKI VERSUS BRIE!

The other was another fucking MiTB tag match. Yuck.

Anybody Thrilla
04-02-2009, 12:30 AM
The Colons and The In Crowd were in the respective corners of Nikki and Brie, and that was about as close as that match came to having anything to do with anything.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2009, 12:43 AM
I think one of the most exciting things about WrestleMania is the WrestleMania fallout. I can't wait to see just what direction the WWE moves towards for their summer months. And then I can bitch about it.

Verbose Minch
04-04-2009, 01:15 AM
I love the shows after Mania, just because it`s cool to see all the new stories beginning.

Destor
04-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I love the shows after Mania, just because it`s cool to see all the new stories beginning.
Wait, what? Backlash is just the same card as mania.

Verbose Minch
04-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Wait, what? Backlash is just the same card as mania.

Alright, let me clarify. I guess I don`t mean the shows right after Mania, looking at it, Backlash is the same. So I`ll put it that I just love seeing all the new feuds beginning after Backlash.

Kane Knight
04-04-2009, 08:07 AM
What about the days when there were only four PPVs a year? Also, if they had so much time, why did it take them so long to finally announce JBL's match and the tag title match? It seemed like they were stalling for the longest time.

They hardly had as much programming each week at that point, did they? WWE has expanded their programming to the point where it's going to be redundant by default. There are a lot of people who only watch one or the other main show, and so they are going to repeat things by default. With "three" rosters and "three" shows (Though they're hardly as defined as that), a show like Mania is going to need hype on all the shows.

Triple Naitch
04-04-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm looking more forward to the Draft this year than Wrestlemania.

Stealth-Icon
04-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I can't wait until it is over so they actually go back to having more than 3 matches on a show and stop the recaps for the last month and a half.

I also look forward to a shake up with the draft and see where everyone moves to.

DAMN iNATOR
04-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I also look forward to a shake up with the draft and see where everyone moves to.

Christian to RAW FTW.

Fox
04-04-2009, 12:42 PM
What is with this WM25 poster?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/03/21/wm25poster.jpg

Cena vs. Batista 2?

The Brian Kendrick?!

Krimzon7
04-04-2009, 01:41 PM
This is pre hamstring and weed depush.

Anybody Thrilla
04-04-2009, 01:56 PM
They hardly had as much programming each week at that point, did they? WWE has expanded their programming to the point where it's going to be redundant by default. There are a lot of people who only watch one or the other main show, and so they are going to repeat things by default. With "three" rosters and "three" shows (Though they're hardly as defined as that), a show like Mania is going to need hype on all the shows.

I understand why they do it, but I feel like I'm being penalized for watching all three shows in a sense.

RVDmark
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I understand why they do it, but I feel like I'm being penalized for watching all three shows in a sense.

I agree, and Smackdown this week was awful, their last show before Wrestlemania and its mostly repeats.

Fox
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
What makes you think that things are going to get better after WrestleMania?

I mean sure there's the draft, but from what I've heard we're just going to be seing RAW get a bevy of top names, while SD! becomes a more designated B-Show (i.e. Thunder) and ECW will, well, still be ECW.

Unless we see new direction and new faces in the main event slots, it's going to be the same old, same old. Prepare for another year of HHH, HBK, Cena, Orton, Batista, Edge and Undertaker in the main events, because that's probably what we're going to get.

Xero
04-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah, the main event isn't going to change anytime soon. Morrison is the only one I could see coming up to bat this year.

The real problem is that the veterans refuse to take a back seat to the new comers unless they HAVE to. I'd like to see some rotation other than "Champion of the Month".

Anybody Thrilla
04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
The draft will have to create at least SOME new feuds, and at very least, every show won't be recaps from the last two months. It will be better than it is now after Wrestlemania. I'm not guarenteeing that it will be great.

Think about how awesome they got around this time last year.

Slow
04-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I wonder if the unfication of the tag titles is a prelude to an end of the brand split? Or at least, since people have been appearing on both shows, will they carry that on now, still having the brands but only in name? God I hope so

Xero
04-05-2009, 04:04 PM
It's. Not. The. End. Of. The. Brand. Split.

If anything, they should make everything but the world and US/IC titles multi-brand.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
That poster is pretty surreal. Is it legit? Thinking back, The Brian Kendrick was getting a pretty epic push. He was WWE Champion, albeit unofficially and only for eight minutes, but that is still pretty cool for a guy to be able to say. I could have very easily seen him winning MITB so easily if he had not fucked it up for himself.