PDA

View Full Version : Robert Roode as Champ?

Steveviscious89
04-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Over the last several months as I've observed TNA, I feel there is a need for one of the guys from the mid card to come up and take the title. I happen to think that Robert Roode would make the perfect bad guy champion, plus it would be fresh. I could almost see him being similar to a younger Triple H. Thoughts?

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I like Roode enough, but right now, there are so many guys that I think deserve it more than him.

The Gold Standard
04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
They tried to do that with him when he broke away from Team Canada, but it didn't really work. I wouldn't mind seeing another try with him. I think that is what TNA needs, promote their own guys and not guys who they got from WWE/WCW.

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
They didn't really try all that hard when he broke away from Teamn Cananda.

Steveviscious89
04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Ah yes, you will have to forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to the history of TNA. I figured they would have tried that already, but with new top guys coming in from WWE, it would have been difficult. I agree with Noid in that there are others who deserve, like AJ Styles for one. I actually had it in mind that he and Roode could fight over the title if Roode had won it, or vice versa. I actually have this idea that certain superstars don't need the belt, unless the fans demand it. Basically most of the Mafia do not need it to increase popularity, they just need a good rivalry. The guys immediately under them could use it though.

erickman
04-07-2009, 12:24 PM
i would like to see james storm go for the belt, but it looks like storm is stuck in the tag div for life.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I would have loved to have seen Beer Money, Inc. become faces by default during the height of this Main Event Mafia stuff. Robert Roode has such history with Booker T, that it could have worked out beautifully. Team 3D should have turned heel and aligned with the MEM. Jacqueline could have turned on Beer Money, as she could consider herself a female veteran that deserves more respect than a new girl such as Awesome Kong or Taylor Wilde.

Beer Money as the cool guys who only sort of figure into the TNA Frontline would have been an interesting storyline.

Krimzon7
04-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Beer Money Inc is such a great Tag Team. Makes you wonder who was the fire behind AMW...

Ah, with that point being made, I think that the best thing to do is to have AJ and Roode fight over the Legends Belt for some time. That could be a great feud. But that would James Storm kinda left out to dry. He could factor nicely into a feud with Samoa Joe, where he pisses all over this Nation of Violence nonsense.

Sorry bout your DAMN LUCK! I don't know why, but I love that saying!

erickman
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Beer Money Inc is such a great Tag Team. Makes you wonder who was the fire behind AMW...

Ah, with that point being made, I think that the best thing to do is to have AJ and Roode fight over the Legends Belt for some time. That could be a great feud. But that would James Storm kinda left out to dry. He could factor nicely into a feud with Samoa Joe, where he pisses all over this Nation of Violence nonsense.

Sorry bout your DAMN LUCK! I don't know why, but I love that saying!

i think storm has the best music going now. i know it won't hapen but i would love for smackdown get there new gm and then sorry boutyour damn luck plays and he comes out with a beer in his hand.