PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus

Kalyx triaD
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
*sigh*

Not everyday the screen writer actually admits early on that he's going to butcher the source material.

With a lot of games there are so many elements in the universe you spend your time tearing down and tearing down... What's nice about this game is that it's so sparse so you can start building right away. This is a game that catches you unaware -- it catches you on an emotional and experiential level, not just for the puzzles you solve.

I'm usually gaga for new adaptations and chance to see my favorite games in live action but there's very little in Hollywood and in the cult adaptation sub-genre that convinces me that Shadow of the Colossus could be translated into a good film. And hiring one half of the party I personally blame for screwing up Street Fighter doesn't help my feelings.

Fignuts
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I see no reason to make movie adaptations of games anymore.

Big Fat Mike
04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
There's no way to have a good adaptation of Shadow unless Peter Jackson does it and he gets ALL of New Zealand to work with.

Big Fat Mike
04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
It'll be terrible, by the way.

Kalyx triaD
04-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm guessing they're doing it because they think they have so much room to mess around and make what they wanna make, due to Shadow being a cult thing.

OssMan
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I will love it