PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guerrero...

Mr. JL
03-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Man is he having one great title run!

First off beating Brock Lesnar in a fantastic match at No Way Out. Then defeating Chavo Guerrero on SD. Folled by a win over Kurt Angle at Wrestle Mania XX in a great encounter. Then he fought Rey Mysterio in another MOTY candidate. Then he faced off against Triple H and held his own and most of Triple H's pretty good (cheap shot, I thought Trips held his own weight in this match). Then his match against Booker T was pretty good. Now he looks to be set in a feud with Bradshaw which I think will turn into a great feud. I think Bradshaw might actually run and make this gimmick work very well.

If he gets a long run then I'm confident he'll have one of the best title runs in recent history. I'm almost considering about comparing it to Ric Flair's run in NWA. But only if he's given a long run. What do you think?

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
LATINO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT

*marks da fu</>ck out*

OssMan
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Jesus, Eddie already has six title defenses.
How many did defenses did Triple H make last year? 4?

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 07:47 PM
He's expected to be a long-term champion. Maybe he'll lose the title at Summerslam or something. A big feud with Booker T leading into that PPV would be sick.

The CyNick
03-28-2004, 07:56 PM
You gotta figure with the lack of heels on Smackdown that he wont be losing the WWE title anytime soon. The only other guy I could see being champ on the heel side is Angle, and he's not in a position to carry the title. Plus, and this is a little thing, but his new shirt features him with the title, I dont think they've ever done that. To me that says he's going to be holding the title for some time.

Also, with Mania being in LA next year I think its a lock that he'll be in the last match on the show.

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 08:20 PM
You gotta figure with the lack of heels on Smackdown that he wont be losing the WWE title anytime soon. The only other guy I could see being champ on the heel side is Angle, and he's not in a position to carry the title. Plus, and this is a little thing, but his new shirt features him with the title, I dont think they've ever done that. To me that says he's going to be holding the title for some time.

Also, with Mania being in LA next year I think its a lock that he'll be in the last match on the show.

Why would a Los Angeles venue guarantee a last-match spot for Guerrero?

John la Rock
03-28-2004, 08:41 PM
He is so ****ing over right now. it's amazing

The CyNick
03-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Why would a Los Angeles venue guarantee a last-match spot for Guerrero?

its a Hispanic market, Eddie is Hispanic, the SD audience has a huge Hispanic contingent, so it makes sense for Eddie to headline there.

Whether or not he will be the advertsied main event is another thing (I would think Austin-Goldberg will healdine), but I definately think he will go on last.

Of course anything could ahppen between now and March '05, but if I were to make a guess right now I'd say Eddie will be on top.

PureHatred
03-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Eddie vs Angle (health permitting) WM21..Submission Match anyone?

The CyNick
03-28-2004, 08:58 PM

I would rather see an I Quit match over a Submission match, because submission matches are tough to get over. I Quit matches are better because its easier to get over in promos thats one guy will have to say "I Quit".

I think with Angle as GM they have a really good chance to make Eddie-Angle the match for Mania next year. But who knows what will happen in the next 11 months.

Funky Fly
03-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Lasso From El Paso vs The Ankle Lock

I can't wait. :drool:

El Santo
03-28-2004, 09:05 PM
The thing I worry about right now is that Eddie's popularity is based on him being the underdog, which sorta makes his "Lie, Cheat & Steal" style legit. Most memorable matches thus far have been Eddie vs. Angle and, oddly, Eddie vs. the Bashams (one of the most memorable finishes on Smackdown, right behind the ring collapse during Big Show vs. Brock).

Now, with the lack of top heels, I think Eddie will have to drop the whole cheat-to-win thing. How pathetic would it be for Eddie to cheat to win against ... oh ... Bradshaw? (Even cheating against Booker T seems unfair, as Eddie is visibly a dominant athlete.)

Eddie's still the man, though, and --- after watching the Ultimate Flair DVD --- I don't think comparing him to the Nature Boy is unfair. If the WWE plays their cards right, Eddie may, in 20 years, be Wrestling Royalty.

Corkscrewed
03-28-2004, 11:46 PM
I don't think his match w/ Mysterio was MOTY candidate, but I do think he can have a great title run. Like I've said often, he needs to be a fighting champ, and they've done that pretty well so far. I see him dropping the title to Booker T sometime in the middle of this year, but hopefully he gets about a four to six month reign at least before so.

Funky Fly
03-29-2004, 12:20 AM
He should drop it around Summerslam and get it back at Mania.

Stickman
03-29-2004, 12:50 AM
its a Hispanic market, Eddie is Hispanic, the SD audience has a huge Hispanic contingent, so it makes sense for Eddie to headline there.

THe SD audience has a huge hispanic contingent, since when? I bet there is the same number of Raw hispanic fans also. You gotta remember that it's all the WWE, not two competing companies. If Raw goes to say, L.A. one month and SD goes there the next, it's not like two different types of people are going just because it's a different show.

I don't understand all this talk of "RAW fans" and "SD Fans" they're pretty much the same people unless some people only get one show on tv.

Heyman
03-29-2004, 12:53 AM
I would rather see an I Quit match over a Submission match, because submission matches are tough to get over. I Quit matches are better because its easier to get over in promos thats one guy will have to say "I Quit".

I think with Angle as GM they have a really good chance to make Eddie-Angle the match for Mania next year. But who knows what will happen in the next 11 months.

Hmmmmmmmm..............

I wouldn't mind seeing an Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit match at Mania next year.

-The history would be there........

Both men could have 'parallels' on their respective shows (i.e. they are 'new' champions, who face adversity from their respective adversaries and eventually overcome them........proving to be the best on 'their' brand by next February).

Only question is - what happens to the winner of the Royal Rumble?

PureHatred
03-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Stickman, the UPN channel has the strongest black/hispanic demographic numbers of any of the basic networks. And even if you want to argue that Raw and SD have the exact same viewers, you can't deny the size of the Hispanic market in Los Angeles. All CyNick is trying to say is that the WWE would be smart to take advantage of that market.