PDA

View Full Version : About time GS gets in trouble for selling used shit as new.

G
04-10-2009, 12:28 AM
http://kotaku.com/5205385/gamestop-sells-played-games-as-new-sources-say-practice-could-be-illegal?skyline=true&s=x

GreySunshine
04-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I used to work at GameStop.

One of the managers "checked out" a PS3 for a few months, then sold is as brand new when he brought it back. When the kid that bought it came back to say that there was stuff on the hard drive, the manager told him that there was nothing we could do about it and the kid would have to deal with it. I thought it was BS, but thankfully that manager got fired shortly after for steeling. Haha.

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2009, 01:55 AM

One of the managers "checked out" a PS3 for a few months, then sold is as brand new when he brought it back. When the kid that bought it came back to say that there was stuff on the hard drive, the manager told him that there was nothing we could do about it and the kid would have to deal with it. I thought it was BS, but thankfully that manager got fired shortly after for steeling. Haha.

Did the kid call your corp office or something??

GreySunshine
04-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Actually I have no idea what happened to the kid. I never heard from him again at the store, but I have a feeling that it was probably related to the manager getting fired for stealing.

Being able to borrow games was nice though, but a lot of people didn't bring them back, and then quit. Haha

Funky Fly
04-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Picked up Crush for the PSP "new" today. It was opened, the umd was smudged and the sticker was on the box itself and not the factory wrapping. Gay.

FearedSanctity
04-10-2009, 08:08 AM
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/excite-truck-wii-drawing-cover-big.jpg

Big Fat Mike
04-10-2009, 10:00 AM
lol

HeartBreakMan2k
04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Meh, was a DM for the company up until two years ago. None of my employees were allowed to check out new games, only pre-owned. Even the games we put in the interactives were sold as used. The new games you see with generic cover art exist because someone stole the case out of the store or it was misplaced. That always got a 5 dollar discount in our store. Obviously that's not the practice in all stores, and I've seen managers allow employees to check out New Games even though it's against company policy. Nice to see some follow up in response to those stores.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Ooh, potential class action :)

Kane Knight
04-10-2009, 12:45 PM
May Be?

LuigiD
04-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I hate gamestop.
I stopped shopping there a long time ago.
When I want new games I go to Best Buy,Wal-Mart,Target,etc and when I want used ones I aim for ebay or amazon.
What pisses me off about gamestop besides the used game stuff, is the fact that a lot of the employees treat people like morons. I remember one guy got on my nerves so bad one time. He asked me if I wanted to reserve some game and he asked like 5 times..towards the end he was like "okay then..miss out on a great game.."

DAMN iNATOR
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I hate gamestop.
I stopped shopping there a long time ago.
When I want new games I go to Best Buy,Wal-Mart,Target,etc and when I was used ones I aim for ebay or amazon.
What pisses me off about gamestop besides the used game stuff, is the fact that a lot of the employees treat people like morons. I remember one guy got on my nerves so bad one time. He asked me if I wanted to reserve some game and he asked like 5 times..towards the end he was like "okay then..miss out on a great game.."

You forgot to mention what garbage some of their brand of stuff is, like for example GS branded PS2 controllers. I have this silver wireless one, bought it because I'm a sucker for wireless v.g. controllers. But the problem is when the damn reciever goes into that turbo mode, and while you are playing games, your characters or whatnot will move all around without you being able to do a damn thing about it. I'm thinking of going somewhere to try and just find a SONY branded PS2 controller, WITH wires so this shit stops.

.44 Magdalene
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Checking out systems is actually against policy, lol. So that particular case is less of a Gamestop thing and more of a "your manager was an asshole" thing.