PDA

View Full Version : Could Josh Barnett become the next Ken Shamrock?

Gertner
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Josh Barnett is a heavyweight MMA fighter who apparently did some training with D H Smith.

IMO if Barnett ever decided to become a pro wrestler he's the type of guy who could become a HUGE star in the WWE.

Tremendous charisma, very Lesnar-esque build, amateur wrestling background.

I'd love to see him take a shot in the WWE.

Fignuts
04-11-2009, 08:01 PM
He's already done a lot of work for new japan, if I'm not mistaken.

interforce
04-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I miss Shamrock in the wwe. Another guy like him would be a good idea imo. Some total badass who just snaps and smashes the fuck out of people is great.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm not too familiar with Josh Barnett, but if he's got the goods, I say go for it.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-12-2009, 12:59 AM
He's already done a lot of work for new japan, if I'm not mistaken.

He did. He also did some matches with that promotion Inoki tried to get going.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Was he any good, WWKD?

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Just going to throw it out there: Josh Barnett, DH Smith, Tyson Kidd & Natalya as The Stampede Bulldogs.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-12-2009, 01:01 AM
If Josh Barnett can do this, he can be as good as Ken Shamrock.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RFO4U9yFvI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RFO4U9yFvI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Gertner
04-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Barnett cuts amazing promo's, and I think he'd translate well in the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Just a quick question: Was DH Smith training with Josh Barnett to learn how to wrestle, or was DH Smith training with Barnett to get more of an MMA game going for his moveset?

I'll need to look up more on Barnett, but if the WWE could sign him (which seems unlikely, because MMA seems to be going fine for the guy, at the moment), then it'd also be a reverse Brock Lesnar case. A man who won the UFC Heavyweight Championship at a younger age than anyone jumping to professional wrestling.

Gertner
04-12-2009, 02:02 AM
That's what I was wondering. It came from Jim Ross's blog. Hopefully it was Smith training Barnett cause I'd love to see him in the WWE

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2009, 02:05 AM
That would be fucking awesome. Apparently Smith also has a new look, with his hair died blonde. It makes me hope/wonder if they're going to put him and Tyson Kidd together as a tag team, which I think would be fucking awesome. The Stampede Bulldogs as Tag Team Champions, and Natalya as Divas Champion.

I also wish the WWE would sign Ken Shamrock. I'd love to see an angle where Shamrock trained Santino Marella, and Marella then became more of a bad-ass in the ring, while retaining his goofy personality otherwise.

Impact!
04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Barnett wouldn't be signing for at least a little while (I doubt he would) as he's still got an MMA contract with Affliction (and is due to Main Event the next PPV).

Vastardikai
04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Barnett is a pretty bad dude.

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion (lost it due to steroids)

He wouldn't have to learn much: his style is listed as Catch Wrestling.