PDA

View Full Version : The White Stripes

Requiem
04-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Ok, so I'd heard their singles before on the radio or seen their videos a long time ago when I would actually watch TV years ago. But I didn't really like them, and I would turn the station when their songs came on the radio. Just wasn't a fan. Now though, I've started getting into a lot of music that I wouldn't have listened to back then, and I'm finding that I really like a lot of it.

Been getting into The White Stripes pretty hardcore lately. Absolutely love De Stijl, and I love their self titled album. Elephant is decent, with a couple really good song. Haven't listened much to White Blood Cells, and I hate what I've heard of Icky Thump so far. Get Behind Me Satan has a few good songs on it too, but I haven't listened to much either.

So, use this thread to either talk about The White Stripes. Or, the main reason I posted this thread is because I want suggestions of similar sounds that people think I might like.

Funky Fly
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm not really all that into them, but I actually have Get Behind me Satan and I have a few of their other songs.

Requiem
04-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Self titled and De Stijl are pretty solid all the way through. I also think it's cool that they like taking a low tech approach to everything. Up until Icky Thump, their albums were recorded on 8-track analog.

Hornicane
04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Love the s/t, De Stijl and especially White Blood Cells, which is probably my favourite of their albums. Get Behind Me Satan was a huge disappointment to me, and as such I've yet to give Icky Thump a listen, even though I loved "Conquest".

Fignuts
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I have WBCs, Elephant, Get Behind Me Satan, and Icky Thump, although I've yet to listen to Icky Thump. WBC and elephant were great, but I found Get behind me Satan to be kinda weak in comparison.

Requiem
04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
You should really check out De Stijl and the self titled. Admittedly, I haven't listened to WBC much yet, but even as good as Elephant was, it pales in comparison to those two.

Triple Naitch
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm the same way. I couldn't stand them in the beginning, but now I'm really digging them.

Fignuts
04-22-2009, 06:19 PM
I've listened to half of icky thump, and already I like what I hear a lot more than GBMS. Reccomended.