PDA

View Full Version : What would you put on a Jericho dvd?

Dorkchop
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Why doesn't Jericho have a sweet dvd like Foley, Flair, Edge, Rock, Austin, and everyone else? He has too many moments and matches to fill a regular dvd set.

I'd like to see:

- matches from Mexico and Japan
- some early matches with Lance Storm
- other early indie matches
- arrrrrrrrm barrrr
- lots of WCW segments
- every mispronounced name he's called someone (Raisin, Kirk Angel)
- Undisputed title win
- TLC 3
- cage match against CM Punk
- the title win that never happened
- segments with Christian from 2002
- feud with HBK
- dropping Y2J
- tons more

jerichoholicninja
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
WCW feud with Dean Malenko
His trip to Washington D.C. as a conspiracy victim
Announcing the entrants to the Battle Royal
WCW "Feud" with Goldberg and the introduction of Ralphus and the Jericholic Ninja

Frankly I would buy a DVD of just his WCW stuff

BigDaddyCool
04-21-2009, 01:26 PM
A beer, and use it as a coaster.

Jeritron
04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Gotta put some SMW on there too. Thrillseekers.

thedamndest
04-21-2009, 02:02 PM
This will happen, but the heat of a heel run is not a good time to release a 3-disc set. That's not going to sell.

Nicky Fives
04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
debut promo with the Rock
feud with The Rock from late 2001
Undisputed Championship run
2000 matches versus Benoit, Guerrero, X-Pac, Angle, etc.
any ECW matches

Lock Jaw
04-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Edge had his DVD released when he was a big heel too.

thedamndest
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I thought that was an odd move then as well.

thedamndest
04-21-2009, 02:16 PM
But it was called a Decade of Decadence, right? Timing issues. I don't know.

Jericho's career goes back further than Edge's. I would argue that the kind of people that would want to see/remember the early days would buy this comprehensive dvd regardless of his face/heel status on TV. But why not wait until you can bring in the mark crowd and get a bit of additional money through face purchaes? If you release it now while he's a heel and the mark crowd doesn't immediately jump on it, a secondhand/downloadable/JuanTV/market opens up and that's lost revenue.

Anybody Thrilla
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
A lot of good stuff has been mentioned in here, but I'd definitely put his Television title match with Raven on there. I think it was the opening match at Halloween Havoc '98. The match wasn't even announced for the card during all the build up, but they just tossed it on to open and it was awesome.

I'd definitely want to see tons of his WCW antics and that ladder match with Shawn Michaels.

mike adamle
04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
jericho vs. hbk feud from last year... and of course the mania 19 match with them

Innovator
04-21-2009, 08:36 PM
If I had my way

-I don't care how, get me the match against Ultimo Dragon from 1995
-ECW Arena debut match vs. Taz
-Malenko feud
-Goldberg "feud"
-Debut in WWF
-Title win that never happened vs. HHH
-Last Man Standing vs. HHH
-Ladder Match vs. Benoit
-No Mercy vs. Rock
-Undisputed Title Win
-Hell in a Cell vs. HHH
-WM XIX vs. HBK
-WM XX vs. Christian
-Summerslam 05 vs. Cena
-Return
-HBK feud...all of it
-Cage match vs. Punk
-This upcoming match vs. Steamboat
-All the upcoming matches vs. Punk

Anybody Thrilla
04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Thinking about it, there's really no way to make a weak Jericho DVD.

Anybody Thrilla
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Well, maybe you could if it was just an extended Fozzy concert.

The Show Off
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
**This would be my dream DVD for Chris Jericho**

Disc One

Gedo v. Lionheart (for the WAR International Junior Heavyweight Championship, 3-26-1995)

Lionheart v. Wild Pegasus (Super J Cup 1995 Quarter Finals, 12-13-1995)

Cactus Jack v. Chris Jericho (ECW Big Ass Extreme American Bash)

Raven (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, ECW 5-18-1996)

Chris Jericho (c) v. Shane Douglas (for the ECW Television Championship, ECW 7-12-1996)

Chris Jericho (c) v. Pitbull #2 v. Shane Douglas v. Too Cold Scorpio Four Way Elimination Match for the ECW Television Championship, ECW Heat Wave 1996)

Chris Jericho v. Too Cold Scorpio (ECW The Doctor is In)

Chris Benoit v. Chris Jericho (WCW Fall Brawl 1996)

Chris Jericho (c) v. Eddie Guerrero (for the WCW World Cruiserweight Championship, WCW Fall Brawl 1997)

Chris Jericho (c) v. Dean Malenko (for the WCW World Cruiserweight Championship, WCW Uncensored 1998)

Disc Two

Chris Jericho (c) v. Juventud Guerrera (With Special Referee: Dean Malenko for the WCW World Crusierweight Championship, WCW Road Wild 1998)

Chyna (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the WWF Intercontinental Championship, WWF Survivor Series 1999)

Kirk Angel (c) v. Mr. Roboto v. Chris Jericho (Triple Threat Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship then the WWF European Championship, WWF Wrestlemania 2000)

Triple H (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, WWF Monday Night Raw 4-17-2000)
(Jericho wins the WWF Championship only to have the decision reversed)

Chris Jericho v. Triple H (Last Man Standing, WWF Fully Loaded 2000)

Chris Jericho v. Kane (Last Man Standing, WWF Armageddon 2000)

Chris Benoit (c) v. (Chris Jericho (Ladder Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship, WWF Royal Rumble 2001)

Steve Austin (c) v. Chris Benoit v. Chris Jericho (Triple Threat Match for the WWF World HEavyweight Championship, WWF King of the Ring 2001)

The Rock (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWF Vengeance 2001)

Chris Jericho (c) v. Steve Austin (c) (To Unify the World Heavyweight Championship & WWF World Heavyweight Championship, WWF Vengeance 2001)

Disc Three

Chris Jericho v. Triple H (Hell in a Cell, WWE Judgement Day 2002)

Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels (WWE Wrestlemania XIX)

Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels (WWE Raw 7-21-03)

Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, & Edge v. Evolution (Six Man Tag, WWE Raw 8-2-2004)

Chris Jericho v. Christian (Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship, WWE Unforgiven 2004)

First Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match

John Cena (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the WWE HEavyweight Championship, WWE Summer Slam 2005)

Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels (Unsanctioned Match, WWE Unforgiven 2008)

Chris Jericho (c) v. Shawn Michaels (Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE No Mercy 2008)

Batista (c) v. Chris Jericho (Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Raw 11-3-2008)

Funky Fly
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, maybe you could if it was just an extended Fozzy concert.

Hey, Fozzy is a great cover band. :mad:

Jeritron
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
If you're going to include Benoit matches, their tag team match against Stone Cold and HHH from Raw 2001 should be on there.
It was one of the best TV matches ever.

But they're not going to include any of those matches. I'm just pointing out that it should be on lists that already feature Benoit.

Anybody Thrilla
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey, Fozzy is a great cover band. :mad:

If you mean 'cover band' as in 'they make me want to cover my ears when they play', then you are absolutely correct. :y:

Nicky Fives
04-24-2009, 01:26 PM
lol.... I like Fozzy.... and the Jericho/Benoit vs. Two Man Power Trip has got to be on the DVD....like Jeritron said... it might have been the best TV match of all-time

Heyman
04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
debut promo with the Rock
feud with The Rock from late 2001
Undisputed Championship run
2000 matches versus Benoit, Guerrero, X-Pac, Angle, etc.
any ECW matches

His feuds with Shawn Michaels in 03' and 08' respectively also deserve a mention.

Jeritron
04-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Everything he's ever done.

abec
04-24-2009, 04:40 PM
his WWF debut on repeat.