PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling in the NHL and other places...

Theo Dious
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
...this has nothign to do with the Goon.

Listening to the radio broadcast of the Penguins vs the Flyers tonight (fuck you you Philadelphia pieces of shit!) when I hear Phil Borque, color commentator and former Penguin, respond to an instance of Evgeni Malkin flying through the air with this line:

"Holy cow! Jimmy Snuka off the top rope!"

With absolutely no explanation or additional reference at all. Thought that was entirely awesome. :rofl:

So yeah, where have you heard a random wrestling reference?

Triple Naitch
04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Where in Pitt do you live? I used to go to school at California.

Theo Dious
04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Oddly enough so did I, 97-00. I haunt the general South Hills area these days.

sulzerdrone
04-23-2009, 10:43 PM
My buddy did a stint in prison, and keeps telling JBL shower stories...

Triple Naitch
04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
So you know the struggle. I was only able to spend a year out in that one traffic light town.

Back on topic. I always liked on SportsCenter when they would say "The Heartbreak Kid" Jason Michaels when he would hit a home run.

mike adamle
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I always hear "like the nature boy Ric Flair said to be the man you've gotta beat the man" on SportsCenter every few months

SIDRA
04-24-2009, 02:21 AM
I alwys love it when a blaintent pro wrestling move happends in UFC and they call it what it is. The last one I remember was Rampage Jackson powerboming some guy and knocking him out with it.

LoDownM
04-24-2009, 02:36 AM
When Tyler Kennedy scores a goal they do the Kennedy.....Kennedy thing in Pittsburgh.

And it's only half Philly's fault for the Pens losing, Pens played fucking awful in the 2nd and 3rd after dominating the 1st.

LoDownM
04-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Oh, They used to do Ric Flairs "Woooooooo" in Carolina when they would score.

Jeritron
04-24-2009, 05:55 AM
They have done that in Boston for quite some time

Nicky Fives
04-24-2009, 07:30 AM
But in Carolina, its actually Ric Flair's 'woooooo', in Boston its only the announcer

Theo Dious
04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
When Tyler Kennedy scores a goal they do the Kennedy.....Kennedy thing in Pittsburgh.

And it's only half Philly's fault for the Pens losing, Pens played fucking awful in the 2nd and 3rd after dominating the 1st.

Huh, never noticed that.

Also, stop being right and shut up. :shifty:

Volare
04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
But in Carolina, its actually Ric Flair's 'woooooo', in Boston its only the announcer

They actually showed Flair at game 3 of the Carolina/New Jersey series at RBC Center in Raleigh going "old school" and did a promo saying "The Hurricanes will....win...this...series...Woooo!"

But sadly he didn't do the strut.

Volare
04-25-2009, 09:13 AM
They actually showed Flair at game 3 of the Carolina/New Jersey series at RBC Center in Raleigh going "old school" and did a promo saying "The Hurricanes will....win...this...series...Woooo!"

He took off his jacket...but sadly he didn't do the strut.

Funky Fly
04-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Here in Edmonton they used to play the Rock's theme when Georges LaRaque would fuck someone up in a fight. It'd be so hilarious hearing "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" right after someone gets their shit pushed in.

Also, rap music is full of references to 70s and 80s wrestling.

Theo Dious
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Here in Edmonton they used to play the Rock's theme when Georges LaRaque would fuck someone up in a fight. It'd be so hilarious hearing "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" right after someone gets their shit pushed in.

Also, rap music is full of references to 70s and 80s wrestling.

They did that when he was in Pittsburgh too. :D

parkmania
04-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Ted, you ought to come up to Bloomfield some time and hang out at my gaming store near 40th and Liberty.