PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Danielson

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
So we can pretty much all agree this guy isn't going to be in the WWE, which I think is for the better. He doesn't have the look or the "charisma" even though he is absolutely dynamite in the ring and the WWE style (unless you're Shawn Michaels or the Undertaker lol) is so watered down. It's like the equivalent to pop music or a hollywood blockbuster. I guess I understand why it is the way it is, but not really... but that's not what this is about.

How do you think financially Bryan Danielson does? Or a guy like Bryan Danielson. He's only ever going to be an Indy star, but having him on your show guarantees a skullfuckingly good match and a happy audience. He's got a killer reputation... do you think he makes a good living being a pro wrestler based soley on being an indy god?

I think he'd have to, he's all over the place and he is pretty well known. But who knows? Maybe he lives out of the back of his car. Anyone with some insight on the situation?

What Would Kevin Do?
04-24-2009, 12:46 AM
He's happy, I think that counts for something. With that said, he wrestles in Japan a lot too, for NOAH, and while I don't know how much they pay him, I'm guessing they're paying for him to get out there, and it's probably a good step up from indy pay.

Plus, he's been training at Extreme Couture (which can't be cheap), and he wants to go to Thailand I believe to train... I don't think he's doing too bad for himself

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm not too sure how the guy does financially, but I think TNA would at least be willing to sign him, which would be a step up in pay if he can't live comfortably in the conditions he's in.

Personally, I am still not convinced that we will never see Bryan Danielson in the WWE, or that he woudl hypothetically not succeed. Danielson may not be "Mr. Personality," but that is the character he plays. He truthfully seems like a fun guy (given some of his PWG work), and while he doesn't have an outstanding look, if you put the guy in a mask or something, you could let his ring presence do the talking for him.

And if Shawn Michaels or William Regal were really worried about him, I think both guys would be willing to put him over to some degree -- whether it is wrestling against him, teaming with him or managing him.

Destor
04-24-2009, 04:09 AM
He doesn't have a shoot job so he's doing good by indy standerds but if he gets hurt or leaves wrestling he's boned, so yeah. Typical scenerio for indy guys, well all knew that was how it was gonna be coming in though.

The Mackem
04-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Personally, I am still not convinced that we will never see Bryan Danielson in the WWE, or that he woudl hypothetically not succeed. Danielson may not be "Mr. Personality," but that is the character he plays. He truthfully seems like a fun guy (given some of his PWG work), and while he doesn't have an outstanding look, if you put the guy in a mask or something, you could let his ring presence do the talking for him.

I'm with Noid. There will be a point where Danielson will be regarded enough as the best technical wrestler from the States and will end up in WWE. There is always a place for the 'best'. He's had matches here and there and has enough connections to get him in.

Fignuts
04-24-2009, 05:18 AM
I think even though working in Japan doesn't pay what it used to, it still keeps him comfortable enough where he's not a starving indy wrestler.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
But really... do you think he'd want to sign with the WWE? I feel like he would no longer have any fun, considering his moveset would be forearms and a bodyslam.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
And I'd hope to Moses he didn't go to TNA for his sake.

-edit- So he's training MMA? That doesn't really surprise me... dude's a beast too, you can't work that style without being a tough motherfucker, he could probably make a half decent transition.... he wouldn't be Brock Lesnar :p but with the proper training, he could win a few fights.

Vastardikai
04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
He'd be a force at Middleweight or Welterweight now. Not at Anderson Silva or GSP level, but he could easily dominate people with his background (Regal got his chops at the Snake Pit, so he probably passed some bad-assedness down.)

What Would Kevin Do?
04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I doubt he'll sign with the WWE. He's not signing a new contract with ROH simply because he wants the freedom to do what he wants, wrestle where he wants, etc. He's still going to be wrestling for ROH, but he doesn't want a binding schedule.

D Mac
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Haven't seen him lately but when I watched him a while back he didn't seem to be all that special.

Mooияakeя™
04-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I :heart: what I have seen of him.

I'd like to go see RoH if it comes to the UK, TNA, I've passed on that idea, seriously, fuck that. Just don't like it.

D Mac
04-24-2009, 04:14 PM
He's a real "wrestler", so he probably won't fly in WWE.

CSL
04-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I :heart: what I have seen of him.

I'd like to go see RoH if it comes to the UK, TNA, I've passed on that idea, seriously, fuck that. Just don't like it.

Danielson was over here last year in Coventry in front of about 20 people. You probably wouldn't have had trouble getting tix for that :p He did a bunch of dates for All Star too, who go all over. He's over next week as well and I'm guessing he's not coming over for just one date

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2009, 08:01 PM
But really... do you think he'd want to sign with the WWE? I feel like he would no longer have any fun, considering his moveset would be forearms and a bodyslam.

That's the big question. I think both the company and Danielson himself have sent feelers to the other. I remember reading once a story about William Regal getting himself into a bit of heat because he told Bryan Danielson and DH Smith to play the independent circuit and wrestle the world before signing with the WWE.

To be perfectly honest, I'm going to suggest that the only reason Danielson isn't with the WWE right now, is because he doesn't want to be. However, with guys like Evan Bourne and John Morrison now getting over because of the work they are allowed to do, I can very easily see the WWE actually letting Danielson be Danielson in a niche section of the WWE (for example, ECW).

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2009, 08:02 PM
The idea of a Bryan Danielson vs. John Morrison feud is making me hard. That's all Danielson needs to succeed -- an exciting and colourful character to play against.

CSL
04-24-2009, 08:33 PM
...Evan Bourne and John Morrison now getting over because of the work they are allowed to do, I can very easily see the WWE actually letting Danielson be Danielson in a niche section of the WWE (for example, ECW).

Yeah but Bourne 1. has the 'High Pitched Scream' factor and 2. Is just about the only guy doing the flashy cruiser stuff on WWE TV atm. He's never gonna make serious money, never be World Champion. As for Morrison, he has the look, the charisma and the talent. Out of all those things I mentioned, the only thing Danielson really has in abundance (and some would argue the most important) is the talent. And in more cases than not with WWE, that's not enough. It's all good saying let him go out and wrestle but odds are, it's not gonna get him over. If I was Vince and signed Danielson, I'd bring him in as a heel with a Paul Heyman type mouthpiece, somebody who can talk him up as being the best pure athlete on earth or some schtick. Naturally though, if he does go to WWE and ends up bombing, it'll be all Triple H's fault.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2009, 12:39 AM
If they let him work and hae crazy good matches he could easily get over. It's easy to say you need to pay your dues and earn that right to get minutes in a match... but really why would Bryan Danielson want to work 3 minute tv. matches where he jobs to Snitsky, when he could work 30 minute barn burners with Kenta Kobashi ? (lol that's like the only Japanese guy I know because I watched them wrestle the other day) I just don't think he'd want to do that, he seems like he has wayyyy too much fun doing what he's doing.

I hardly see how any fan, casual or not, could not find his style entertaining, it's balls out, tight as fuck and aggressive as hell. And to boot, he's quick.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Bryan Danielson does have the "every man" quality that could help him connect in the same ways (if not the same full degrees) that Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dusty Rhodes and Mick Foley did. He doesn't look like anything special, but he does all these amazing bad-ass things.

I'd actually bring him in as a face, and have Shawn Michaels introduce him as his top student. Danielson can go over some heels like The Brian Kendrick, William Regal, etc. and eventually get a face versus face match with his mentor on free television, which Michaels wins, but puts Danielson over in a big way. Then it's a US Title win for the guy against The Miz, or something.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-25-2009, 04:01 AM
Danielson isn't the "every man" as much as he's the 20 something, MMA/athlete/jock type guy. He's not like Dusty Rhodes where every man can relate to him... He's more like.. Forrest Griffin, an athlete who knows he's good, doesn't really get a big head, and just wants to keep doing what he's doing, and people into that type of thing can respect him for it.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Danielson isn't the "every man" as much as he's the 20 something, MMA/athlete/jock type guy. He's not like Dusty Rhodes where every man can relate to him... He's more like.. Forrest Griffin, an athlete who knows he's good, doesn't really get a big head, and just wants to keep doing what he's doing, and people into that type of thing can respect him for it.

Well, yeah, that's pretty much it when it comes to personality. As far as visuals go, Danielson looks to be about average size, and doesn't have the "Superstar" look that the WWE goes after. He's "nothing special" until he starts doing what he does best.

I'd love to see a feud between MVP and Bryan Danielson, with their philosophies clashing. MVP was living a criminal life until he found something he was good at, and then used it to make a lot of money. He now throws that in people's faces, and believes he has a right to. Danielson feels that he is the best in the world at one thing that he does, and that is professional wrestling -- but he doesn't let that get to his head, and he keeps a far more humble persona.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-25-2009, 06:27 AM
He's not as one-dimensional character wise as some of you might think. He's worked under a mask before, and he's done some comedy type matches before. Also his work down in Florida is quite different to what he normally does. He can connect with a crowd if need be - although obviously the step up from a few hundred to a few thousand is quite the big one.

abec
04-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Teddy Hart > Bryan Crapelson

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2009, 10:50 AM
He's not as one-dimensional character wise as some of you might think. He's worked under a mask before, and he's done some comedy type matches before. Also his work down in Florida is quite different to what he normally does. He can connect with a crowd if need be - although obviously the step up from a few hundred to a few thousand is quite the big one.

Fact is, he could have all the charisma in the world, and be killer on the mic... but he doesn't look like Lou Forigno, so he won't be given that much of a chance.

Bryan Danielson shouldn't need to pay dues, I'm not saying he needs to come in and be world champion, hell I wouldn't care if he ever was in the main event. Just let him work good matches in the mid-card, and entertain the fans. It's not fantasy booking, it's common sense.

Super V
04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
He coulda probly been Jack Swagger if he were in the WWE.

Fignuts
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Teddy Hart > Bryan Crapelson

lol