PDA

View Full Version : EDGE

Krimzon7
04-26-2009, 11:47 PM
After watching the match of the PPV. I have realized that I've converted most of my friends into Edgeheads. I love Edge, and he's one of the best characters in the WWE.

I wanna pose a very serious question to you, TPWW. Do you agree that Edge is one of the top three workers in the WWE right now?

Personally Edge is only second to HBK. He barely beats out Jericho, and is better than Taker, and HHH. I can not remember the last match that he mailed in, nor can I recall any match that he didn't carry his opponent to at least a 3.5 star match.

Thoughts, or GTFO!!!:mad:

FourFifty
04-26-2009, 11:53 PM
*gtf outs*

Nah, seriously, massive love for Edge! Dude is awesome!

Juan
04-26-2009, 11:54 PM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/bkelly2424/wwe/edge-1.jpg

KaliKot
04-26-2009, 11:54 PM
The match last week on Superstars vs Kofi was below 3.5 stars I would say ^^

screech
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
I definitely agree. He is a fantastic worker and can play his characters very well to boot.

Basically, he's the fucking man :y:

Krimzon7
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Then you would do well to re watch it. Let it wash over you. Do you realize who he was working with? How many 2 star matches has kofi had? What's the best SINGLES work Kofi's done?

Dorkchop
04-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Edge is probably the best worker and character in WWE. HBM and Jericho are a very very very close behind him. I like Jericho's ring work more than Edge's, but I recognize how awesome Edge really is. He's not WWE's #3 guy only because of his mic work.

I was hoping he'd win the match against Cena without interference, but then he would not be the ultimate opportunist.

KaliKot
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey I was just kidding. I would say Kofi's best match was against Jericho when he won the IC title. There you go

It was pretty decent but it was lame how he won it with 1 move.

I like edge. He took the ball and ran with it ever since he got pushed to the main event. I still think they should have gone with matt though =( He had Austin like pops when he came back to the E

KaliKot
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey I was just kidding. I would say Kofi's best match was against Jericho when he won the IC title. There you go

I like edge. He took the ball and ran with it ever since he got pushed to the main event. I still think they should have gone with matt though =( He had Austin like pops when he came back to the E

Anybody Thrilla
04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I thought the Edge/Kofi match was quite good.

CSL
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Edge/Kofi was good stuff

Krimzon7
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM

Hey, I was kidding too :shifty:. Good call with Kofi/Jericho, but do you see that theme?

I forgot to fellate Edge for hie mic work. I was watching the video package building up to the ME, and the hair on my neck stood up. He is so passionate, and every promo he does pins asses in seats.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Edge needs a better finisher. I mean, the spear looks good when you have someone who's smaller, and can sell it well, like Kofi, but against someone like the Big Show, it looks fucking petty.

Krimzon7
04-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I miss the downward spiral and the impaler.

Anybody Thrilla
04-27-2009, 12:24 AM
If only the Conchairto were legal in all matches.

The Genius
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
I miss the downward spiral and the impaler.

:yes:

FourFifty
04-27-2009, 12:50 AM
I've been drinking. Can someone cue the Golden Girls theme song while I look scope out my dvr for reruns of Golden Girls?

FourFifty
04-27-2009, 12:51 AM
I like edge. He took the ball and ran with it ever since he got pushed to the main event. I still think they should have gone with matt though =(

Fuck Matt Hardy and Fuck you!

KaliKot
04-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Fuck Matt Hardy and Fuck you!

fuck you too. Thank you :D

Anybody Thrilla
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Are you implying that you are Matt Hardy, KaliKot?

FourFifty
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
fuck you too. Thank you :D

You're Welcome

Rammsteinmad
04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
I would say Edge has been one of the top three workers in WWE for the last few years.

GD
04-27-2009, 01:57 AM
I just love him for the passion he has for the business. The guy is living a dream. 8 Heavyweight title reigns in about 4 years is something.

GD
04-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Make it 9 Heavyweight title reigns

Nicky Fives
04-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Yes.... he is in the top 3
1. HBK
2. Taker
3. Edge
4. Jericho

Mooияakeя™
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I know there will be diferences with our options, this is my thoughts RIGHT NOW, I know overall there are more solid workers etc.

Based on overall package, even if my #5 is not the best at all, what he seems to carry off with ease, makes me :heart: him more.

My top 5 in order:

1. Edge (both mic and ring)
2. Taker (doesn't get much mic time, but again, as above)
3. Michaels (mainly ring work, he can rant on sometimes and that eye cuts it's own promo sometimes)
4. Jericho (as #1)
5. Orton (this is based pretty much on how he acts. His mannerism and the way he does the Orton character for me are amazing, just how unique he seems around the ring, dropping to the floor and stuff. I really enjoy his matches and pray he will get a solid wrestling feud in the future to cement his greatness.

Honourable mention: Morrison. I just love this bastard. The dirt sheet is class, his coming up with words and nicknames for himself, his ring work is solid and I demand he get in a good decent feud soon. Even with Christian for ECW belt would have been nice, but hopefully SD means better things.

Londoner
04-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Edge is one of the greatest of all time,no doubt,imo.

Vastardikai
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
*pops in to show off his "It's Easy Being Sleazy" T-shirt*

He does great with what he's been given, and is perhaps the best heel in the business today.

The Fonz
04-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you implying that you are Matt Hardy, KaliKot?

I think he can slap a tornado. :shifty:

Edge is second, below Jericho, but above Orton.

Kane Knight
04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
No love for Cena?

sulzerdrone
04-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I kinda miss face Edge. The man was funny as hell.

KaliKot
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey matt just broke his fucking hand slapping a tornado. Its the annual hardy injury bug thing.

that sucks major balls.

Krimzon7
04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
HBK and Jericho are the only two other people who can guaranteed carry ANY OTHER wrestler to a solid match besides Edge. IMO, Edge does it better than Jericho.

Londoner
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
I think edge/jericho are pretty much equal.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Edge needs a better finisher. I mean, the spear looks good when you have someone who's smaller, and can sell it well, like Kofi, but against someone like the Big Show, it looks fucking petty.
That's not really fair. How many current WWE wrestlers can even use their finisher on the Big Show? HBK, Cena, and...

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I kinda miss face Edge. The man was funny as hell.

What I really wouldn't give for an Edge face turn right now. Especially considering that SmackDown! has Chris Jericho, who is pretty much supremo heelo. Does SD! really need two evil players?

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Edge has some really fucking good matches to his name, don't get me wrong, but on the level of Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho in the ring? Edge can work, don't get me wrong, but he does need a capable opponent.

The Gold Standard
04-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I would say yes.

Edge, HBK, Jericho are the best I think because if a person messes up when they are in the ring with them we don't hear stories of them flipping out backstage about it like we hear with Taker.

Krimzon7
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, taker is a solidified asshole.

Noid, I don't think Edge needs a capapble opponent, have you seen his work with Jeff Hardy? How about Batista? I was going to put Cena on here, but I have to really give Cena his credit. The guy is a good worker and is getting damn better. I mean there was that thing with the hip toss and what not but hey, we all fuck up once in a while...

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2009, 11:47 AM
It's always been about how Cena works rather than his talents. But I don't remember Edge and Batista having matches that were particularly special. And besides, Batista has had really good showings with Kane and Mr. Kennedy, as well.

I'm not trying to say that Edge is horrible -- because he's not. He's definitely one of the better guys as far as "the total package" goes, but there are quite a few guys that are ahead of him as far as pure ring skills go. I definitely wouldn't put him in the same league as Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho.

GD
04-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Edge can get into your skin. One of the coolest heels in recent history. One of my favorite Edge matches was against Chavo on an edition of Smackdown back in 2002 or 2003.

Krimzon7
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Noid, that's very fair. I merely wanted to point out two people who are definitely not capable opponents. Edge didn't have a 5 star MOTY, but he has made Batista entertaining, and that is tough. He just has good chemistry with Hardy, which is understandable from their tag team days...

GD
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Whatever happened to to the glasses, the Edge-O-Matic and the Edgecution?

Krimzon7
04-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Edge grew out of the glasses, as did Christian. they can't be in their late 30's doing the bill and ted shit. I love the new Edge, who will be a great tweener.

Could you imagine a tweener Rated RKO? Our heads would explode!