PDA

View Full Version : Bret: I've cooled off a bit, took things too seriously

Xero
04-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Former WWF and WCW World champion Bret Hart was interviewed by Sky Sports in Great Britain while overseas promoting his autobiography. Highlights from the interview:

Writing His Book: "In a lot of ways the writing was really cathartic for me. I tried to let it take its own course. I never rushed anything. I found myself putting a full day just into writing a whole page."

Inducting Shawn Michaels into the WWE Hall of Fame: "Maybe if he wants to make himself feel better about it he should have the guts to pick up the phone and apologize. Then we'll see after that."

Montreal: "For me I don't really have much issue with it anymore. If you asked me that up until probably about a year ago I'd have probably said something different. But I've cooled off a bit now. I don't want to carry it around anymore. If [Shawn Michaels] wanted to apologize I would accept it. I'd move on but I wouldn't forget it."

Criticism He Took the Business Too Seriously: "Maybe I did take it all a bit too serious. But that's what made me special and hopefully makes people remember me as someone who was passionate about what I did and what I thought wrestling was really all about."

Hart noted that he's been thinking of writing a book about wrestlers in the 40s-50s based on some of the stories he's heard over his life. Hart also noted he'd like to turn his book into a film and that Brad Pitt's people requested a copy of the book from Hart, but he's never heard back from them after sending it. He also discusses his family, his famous match in the UK against Davey Boy Smith and much more.

Whole story here: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,14205_5223189,00.html

Xero
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Fucking mark.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
lol Brad Pitt playing Bret Hart.... I DUNNO!

jony lions
04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
you are a zero my xero

The MAC
04-27-2009, 01:21 PM
HART=GOD . that is all

Mooияakeя™
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
There's always a post ur view. Write something proper smark so they don't understand, they need to publish something.

I am biased towards anyone I marked for from the early 90's to early 2000's. They are all gods. Taker, Austin, Rocky Maivia, O&B Hart, Michaels, Trips, Jericho, Flair, Rick Martel, Davey Boy, The Brood. oh someone stop me. I miss those days.

But now we have some good lads. Jsut wish they could go a bit crazier than they allowed to.

Rob
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I'd seriously love someone to give Shawn Michaels all Bret Hart's contact details, get them talking, get Bret to put Shawn in the Hall of Fame and be done with all this fucking Montreal nonsense that everyone else aside from these two men are obsessed with.

Zeeboe
04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Gotta head to work in a minute, I'll have to read that later. I've been meaning to read Bret's book. I think if anyone should have their life story turned into a movie, it's Bret. On another note, I recently found two of my old Bret Hart shirts, and I think they fit me better now then they did when I was 14. Now I'd be okay with Bret inducting HBK, but I agree with Bret: Michaels needs to publicly apologize to Bret in Montreal live on Raw, then offer to shake hands.

Even though I love Bret Hart, and have nothing but the highest respect for him, I've always been in the middle in regards of the screwjob, and can see things from both sides point of view very clearly. I think Bret should have lost to HBK, but have Michaels cheat to win, then allow Bret to just bear the tar out of him afterwards. Then the next night on Raw, Bret and Shawn wrestle in a non-title match just to settle the score, with Bret getting the win via sharpshooter. I think that would have been the best way to handle it.

IC Champion
04-27-2009, 02:26 PM
You would think Shawn would apologize, being the sanctimonious born again christian that he is...

Rammsteinmad
04-27-2009, 02:40 PM
He says he's cooled down and is over it now, but the way he talks about Michaels apologizing still sounds bitter to me.

Nicky Fives
04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd give my left nut to see HBK/Bret in the ring for a segment somewhere in Canada where HBK would apologize for what happened in MTL.....they'd shake hands, then Bret would sucker him to a huge pop..... HBK would get up, dust himself off and nod, as he knew he got what was coming to him....

Rammsteinmad
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
There is more chance of Triple H not being in the main event.

Johnny Vegas
04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
this is all a work

GD
04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
To err is Human...To forgive divine.

The Mask
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
why is it when wrestling forum posters post what they'd like to see it always ends up terrible?

Disturbed316
04-27-2009, 04:46 PM
So is the book worth a read?

Zen v.W.o.
04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
It is. The best one I have read, easily. Sure that's coming from a Bret fan but he writes about the industry more in depth than anyone else, with a ton of knowledge about it dating back to the early days of the "sport".

Rob
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
You would think Shawn would apologize, being the sanctimonious born again christian that he is...

He says he would. If that's all it took to get this finished, then why not just do it?

Rob
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM
It is. The best one I have read, easily. Sure that's coming from a Bret fan but he writes about the industry more in depth than anyone else, with a ton of knowledge about it dating back to the early days of the "sport".

I thought it was probably better than Foley's books but then I read Jericho's after it and that was better to me on a whole different level. I think if I read any of the 3 now, I'd say it was the best. But generally if someone told me one out of that 3 (or 4 with Foley's second too) were the best then I wouldn't argue.

Impeccable
04-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm about halfway through Bret's book...it's amazing...agree with Rob...Foley's first and Jericho's are both incredible too.

St. Jimmy
04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Seriesscrewjob.jpg

Rob
04-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Judging by the past couple of posts you've had on here, I bet you posted them and actually had a little chuckle to yourself thinking you are a pretty funny dude.

jony lions
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
you are a zero my xero

Jeritron
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Seriesscrewjob.jpg

Not Booked
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Gotta head to work in a minute, I'll have to read that later. I've been meaning to read Bret's book. I think if anyone should have their life story turned into a movie, it's Bret. On another note, I recently found two of my old Bret Hart shirts, and I think they fit me better now then they did when I was 14. Now I'd be okay with Bret inducting HBK, but I agree with Bret: Michaels needs to publicly apologize to Bret in Montreal live on Raw, then offer to shake hands.

Even though I love Bret Hart, and have nothing but the highest respect for him, I've always been in the middle in regards of the screwjob, and can see things from both sides point of view very clearly. I think Bret should have lost to HBK, but have Michaels cheat to win, then allow Bret to just bear the tar out of him afterwards. Then the next night on Raw, Bret and Shawn wrestle in a non-title match just to settle the score, with Bret getting the win via sharpshooter. I think that would have been the best way to handle it.

Or Vince could have stuck to the plan and been a man of his word. Gone to DQ then had Bret drop the title on RAW.

You should see 'Wrestling with Shadows'. Shawn and HHH show who they really are as they swear black and blue to Bret they had nothing to do with it. In fact, they're just as angry as Bret.. They can't believe what happened!. :roll:

The best part is that they kept up that story for a good 10 years, because they were so scared of the other wrestlers finding out :lol:

HHH is a coward and a manipulator, whether wwe marks admit it or not. :)

Zeeboe
04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Or Vince could have stuck to the plan and been a man of his word. Gone to DQ then had Bret drop the title on RAW.

You should see 'Wrestling with Shadows'. Shawn and HHH show who they really are as they swear black and blue to Bret they had nothing to do with it. In fact, they're just as angry as Bret.. They can't believe what happened!. :roll:

The best part is that they kept up that story for a good 10 years, because they were so scared of the other wrestlers finding out :lol:

HHH is a coward and a manipulator, whether wwe marks admit it or not. :)

I've seen it. Heck, I got it on VHS back in 1998. I agree, Vince should not have lied, but I also cannot help but think Bret should have just jobbed.

I don't believe Bret would have shown up on WCW TV with the WWF belt, but it would have been bad if Eric Bischoff went out on Nitro, and announced that their newest wrestler was the WWF champion. I know he said he'd never do that, but I honestly don't believe him. That is the type of thing he would have done. Vince had to protect the WWF.

So yeah, I see things from both sides, and I'm undecided. I respect Bret, and I respect the WWF. They needed to work out something that could have helped both sides out.

Not Booked
04-28-2009, 07:07 AM
I've seen it. Heck, I got it on VHS back in 1998. I agree, Vince should not have lied, but I also cannot help but think Bret should have just jobbed.

I don't believe Bret would have shown up on WCW TV with the WWF belt, but it would have been bad if Eric Bischoff went out on Nitro, and announced that their newest wrestler was the WWF champion. I know he said he'd never do that, but I honestly don't believe him. That is the type of thing he would have done. Vince had to protect the WWF.

So yeah, I see things from both sides, and I'm undecided. I respect Bret, and I respect the WWF. They needed to work out something that could have helped both sides out.

There's no way Bret Hart would have done that. Anyway, months before he was set to leave Bret said he'd drop to the belt to the Undertaker, Kane, Austin, Mankind, Vader and others... Vince easily could have had Michaels go over one of them at survivor series instead.

On the other hand the Santina/Khali/JR segment from Backlash (2009) tells you all you need to know about Vince McMahon. The only point of the segment was to humiliate and work up JR. In the process burying Beth, Santino, JR, (inadvertently Cole when JR owned him - 'Who fed you that line cole?') Khali and the women's division in general, topped off with some hearty racism, sexism, and homophobia.

Yeah. Vince is a stand-up kinda dude... :lol:

Fabien Barthez
04-28-2009, 07:16 AM
The screwjob. 2009's HOTTEST topic.

Zeeboe
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh, I agree. I guess Vince wanted HBK to have the belt because he was wanting him as the top heel, and he thought he could make more $ with a Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels PPV main event match. However, I think Vince owed it to Bret to let him leave on his terms. Bret could have had his last match in the Survivor Series style match where he could have teamed with the British Bulldog and company to take on Steve Blackmen, and the other Americans.

As for the title, I believe Vince told Bret about him wanting to end their deal the night after they did Raw at MSG. It was around the fall, and the show ended with the Undertaker chokeslamming both men.

Bret couldn't have droped the title to the Undertaker because the Undertaker was right in the early stages of working a program with Kane.

The Patriot got injuried around that time, so he was out.

I think Vince would have wanted to make a big deal out of Kane, Mankind or Austin being the champion, and not have them lose the belt right away, so they're out too.

Vader, who Bret had worked with a few times would have been the ideal one to lose the title to. They could have wrestled each other at the October PPV with Bret losing to Vader.

....But Vince did the HBK/Vader thing before. Plus, the two of them had a legit bad history. In 96', they had issues with each other. I bet Vader would have no issue jobbing, but he'd probably stiff work Michaels a bit, and hurt him a bit, and Michaels would have frowned at that, and I doubt they would have made as much cash, which is probably what Vince would have said of that angle was offered.

It would have been cool and entertaining to see the bad-ass babyface Vader taking on a heel DX Shawn Michaels however. :y:

Krimzon7
04-28-2009, 12:51 PM
HART=GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT . that is all
fixed:cool:

James Steele
04-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Vince didn't owe Bret anything, if at all, Bret owed Vince.

Zen v.W.o.
04-28-2009, 05:15 PM

Not really. Bret got to where he was due to his hard work and talent. That always rises to the top and Vince noted this and had no choice but to make him the man for quite some time. That's just smart business.

In a way, Bret was keeping the company afloat too, during it's difficulties. Without top quality stars, Vince is left alone as simply a big time promoter with nothing to work with.

Zeeboe
04-28-2009, 06:45 PM

I think Vince owed Bret for all his blood, sweat, and tears he put into wrestling.

Rob
04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
The screwjob. 2009's HOTTEST topic.

I'm not taking any blame for it either.

Sovereigntywillpr
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Oh, I agree. I guess Vince wanted HBK to have the belt because he was wanting him as the top heel, and he thought he could make more $ with a Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels PPV main event match. However, I think Vince owed it to Bret to let him leave on his terms. Bret could have had his last match in the Survivor Series style match where he could have teamed with the British Bulldog and company to take on Steve Blackmen, and the other Americans.

As for the title, I believe Vince told Bret about him wanting to end their deal the night after they did Raw at MSG. It was around the fall, and the show ended with the Undertaker chokeslamming both men.

Bret couldn't have droped the title to the Undertaker because the Undertaker was right in the early stages of working a program with Kane.

The Patriot got injuried around that time, so he was out.

I think Vince would have wanted to make a big deal out of Kane, Mankind or Austin being the champion, and not have them lose the belt right away, so they're out too.

Vader, who Bret had worked with a few times would have been the ideal one to lose the title to. They could have wrestled each other at the October PPV with Bret losing to Vader.

....But Vince did the HBK/Vader thing before. Plus, the two of them had a legit bad history. In 96', they had issues with each other. I bet Vader would have no issue jobbing, but he'd probably stiff work Michaels a bit, and hurt him a bit, and Michaels would have frowned at that, and I doubt they would have made as much cash, which is probably what Vince would have said of that angle was offered.

It would have been cool and entertaining to see the bad-ass babyface Vader taking on a heel DX Shawn Michaels however. :y:

Ken shamrock would have been the perfect credible (UFC) transitional champ.
It was Michaels/Ken the next night in ottawa, I belive for the belt.

Rob
04-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Vince didn't owe Bret anything

Other than maybe $8 million over the length of his contract he was breaching and Bret wasn't suing him for?

Have a word dude really.

Heyman
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
To err is Human...To forgive divine.

Should Ronald Goldman forgive O.J. Simpson for (allegedly) murdering his son?

Should I forgive the kid in 7th grade who stole my Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich?

Both of these examples illustrate cases on both ends of the stick....where one case should easily be forgiven and one perhaps should not.

Somewhere in the middle however, is probably wear the whole Bret/Shawn thing lies. In other words - who are we to say, "to err is human....to forgive is divine" if we ourselves have not experienced what Bret (or others) went through?

What if we told Ronald Goldman that?

At what point - do we decide that 'something should be forgiven' and at what point, do we not?

James Steele
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Other than maybe $8 million over the length of his contract he was breaching and Bret wasn't suing him for?

Have a word dude really.

How about the fact that Vince was man enough to let him know he couldn't afford it and told him to go to WCW for more money, and do not tell me Vince didn't think it would hurt the WWF for Bret to go to WCW.

DaBrasko
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Should Ronald Goldman forgive O.J. Simpson for (allegedly) murdering his son?

Should I forgive the kid in 7th grade who stole my Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich?

Both of these examples illustrate cases on both ends of the stick....where one case should easily be forgiven and one perhaps should not.

Somewhere in the middle however, is probably wear the whole Bret/Shawn thing lies. In other words - who are we to say, "to err is human....to forgive is divine" if we ourselves have not experienced what Bret (or others) went through?

What if we told Ronald Goldman that?

At what point - do we decide that 'something should be forgiven' and at what point, do we not?

Pfft!........ Who did Ronald Goldman ever beat at Wrestlemania though?
:roll:

Loose Cannon
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
How about the fact that Vince was man enough to let him know he couldn't afford it and told him to go to WCW for more money, and do not tell me Vince didn't think it would hurt the WWF for Bret to go to WCW.

not trying to start shit because I hate this topic, but I'm just trying to see your point.

Yes, Vince told him to go to WCW, but he still had a signed contract. He still owed Bret the money. Again, just trying to see your point.

Anyway, again, everyone was wrong on this, but there's a lot of levels of wrong. Thinking today, I don't understand why Vince had to do it on live TV. Why didn't he just strip Bret of the Title before the PPV? Kind of a new thought I've had the past few years

Rob
04-29-2009, 08:11 PM

That had nothing to do with Vince not wanting to pay Bret an insane amount of money over 19 more years though right.

Vince obviously didn't think it would hurt him or he wouldn't have done it. Infact, he went on record saying he knew WCW would fuck up Bret's career.

Have you ever had a job? Really? I'm serious. I'm asking because there is no fucking way you'd have as much loyality to your employer as you expect Bret Hart to have for Vince McMahon.

Where is Vince McMahon's loyality to everyone he fired? Especially the loyality to guys like Andrew Martin who he fired when he was recovering from a broken neck suffered working for Vince.

If he is so loyal, why doesn't he pay any benefits, taxes or holiday hours to any wrestlers. Wrestlers should be loyal to Vince McMahon though right?

Again, HAVE A WORD!

KYR
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Serious questions:
Why would Michaels WANT to apologise?
What's in it for him? To make Hart feel better? So that Hart would potentially induct him into the HoF sometime in the future? So Canadians won't boo him anymore (never gonna happen BTW)?
What exactly should Michaels be apologising for - following a directive from his employer (oops that's right, sorry...from his "Principle Contractor")?

Rob
04-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Aside from being a willing participant in a double cross, I don't see any reason why Michaels should apologise either actually. The impression I get though is that Michaels is willing to apologise for that and for his general attitude at that time. The second is his own business though. I have no problem with anyone being a dickhead really as long as they do business.

James Steele
04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
I have no problem with anyone being a dickhead really as long as they do business.

Have a word.

Blue Demon
04-30-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm not taking any blame for it either.

YOU SCREWED BRET! YOU SCREWED BRET! :shifty:

Rob
05-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Have a word.

:rofl:

How sad.

James Steele
05-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Bret was a dickhead, and didn't do business (hence why Vince had to do business for him.)

Zeeboe
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Serious questions:
What's in it for him? To make Hart feel better? So that Hart would potentially induct him into the HoF sometime in the future? So Canadians won't boo him anymore (never gonna happen BTW)?
What exactly should Michaels be apologising for - following a directive from his employer (oops that's right, sorry...from his "Principle Contractor")?

Well, HBK is suppose to be a Christian, and lying is a sin according to his religion. His religion also says that you're suppose to love your enemies, and that "if your enemy is hungry, feed him".

So yeah, Shawn should submit, be humble, and tell Bret he's sorry for lying to him.

The MAC
05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
1, He lied in the dressing room. If he felt it was the right thing to do he would have said so to Bret. He sat there crying with the guilt. :'(

Bret even went up to him and shook his hand after punching Vince out and Shawn then proceed to tell Bret that ...wait,no...he cried even harder while shaking Brets hand :'(
Shawn probably went back to the hotel, got coked up and buried his face in Chyna's muff ( His tears were probaby the only wetness her pussy felt in ages)

2, To rid himself of the guilt he is carrying inside him. To sincerely make ammends for being the catalyst in ruining someone who put him over cleanly for his first Heavyweight champion, the guy who introduced him to the ladder match.

3, Michaels was WILLING TO DO IT. Vince was going to let Bret hand the belt back on raw then have a tournament for it. HHH piped up about screwing Bret , Shawn was all for it. Don't give us that "just doing what your boss asked you do" crap! Shawn refused to do almost anything asked of him. He even went as far as to lose his smile to avoid doing a job to bret for the HUGE job Bret did at WM12

In short, unless you know the history and facts dont fucking post. Oh and I think Shawn's whole christianty thing is a fucking work. but thats just my opinion.

Rob
05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Bret was a dickhead, and didn't do business (hence why Vince had to do business for him.)

My God you are an idiot.

By the way, Vince just called me asking for your number. He hasn't had a blowjob in a while so start licking your lips.

Fignuts
05-01-2009, 06:05 PM
why is it when wrestling forum posters post what they'd like to see it always ends up terrible?

lol

Zeeboe
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Shawn and Hunter lied because they were worried Bret was gonna whip their asses. He already punked Shawn out once, and I think all the boys knew an ass-whipping was coming for Vince from the Hitman next. That's why HBK and HHH lied. Hell, I read that Pat Patterson was showing Shawn Michaels the night before some special wrestling holds for Shawn to try and use just in case Bret started to shoot style wrestle him in the ring.

Bret Hart was a legit tough guy, and Shawn, and the rest of those guys knew it too.

Zen v.W.o.
05-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Shawn and Hunter lied because they were worried Bret was gonna whip their asses. He already punked Shawn out once, and I think all the boys knew an ass-whipping was coming for Vince from the Hitman next. That's why HBK and HHH lied. Hell, I read that Pat Patterson was showing Shawn Michaels the night before some special wrestling holds for Shawn to try and use just in case Bret started to shoot style wrestle him in the ring.

Bret Hart was a legit tough guy, and Shawn, and the rest of those guys knew it too.

It was Brisco actually that was going over some protection holds for Shawn. Wouldnt have worked if Bret concentrated mostly on HBK but yeah. Patterson would have raped Shawn had he known what was going down.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Yeah, like Loose Cannon, I also hate this topic, but I fail to see this point. If you are under contract, your boss saying "Hey, dude, sorry, I can't pay you," is not "being a man" or an excuse not to owe the money.

Serious questions:

Shawn would probably want to apologise for clearing his conscience. Pretty much what Rob said -- it is his own business, but being born again and a different person now, if there is guilt, apologising could rid it.

As for what he's apologising for, it'd be the dishonesty in the part he played. Not following orders, but lying about them, and not putting his foot down and saying "Look, this is wrong, can't we just do this honourably."