PDA

View Full Version : Next year, instead of your usual draft...

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
This is an idea I have suggested before, I am sure, but I'm going to just bring it up again, for fun. What if instead of the randomised draft, or whatever, they just have the brands "reset" with each Superstar returning to the brand that they started on? Basically, each wrestler returns to their "brand roots," with ECW's history outside the WWE being included. So the rosters would end up looking something like this (assuming that the roster doesn't change -- which it will):

RAW:

Active Wrestlers:

Big Show
Cody Rhodes
DH Smith
Dolph Ziggler
Goldust
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Kane
Jeff Hardy
John Morrison
JTG
Matt Hardy
Primo
Santino Marella
Shad Gaspard
Shawn Michaels
Ted DiBiase
The Undertaker
Triple H
Umaga
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal

Former World Champions: Big Show, Kane, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Matt Hardy, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Triple H

Divas:

Beth Phoenix
Candice Michelle
Gail Kim
Katie Lea Burchill
Maria
Melina
Mickie James
Rosa Mendes
Santina Marella

Broadcast Team:

Jerry Lawler
Jim Ross
Todd Grisham

Managers:

Theodore Long

SmackDown!:

Active Superstars:

Batista
Carlito
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Christian
Edge
Ezekiel Jackson
Festus
Finlay
Gregory Helms
Hornswoggle
Jamie Noble
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
John Cena
Kung Fu Naki
Mark Henry
Mr. Kennedy
MVP
Paul Burchill
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Shelton Benjamin
Sim Snuka
The Brian Kendrick
The Great Khali
The Miz

Former World Champions: Batista, Chavo Guerrero, Christian, Edge, John Cena, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, The Great Khali

Divas:

Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Eve
Jillian Hall
Layla
Maryse
Michelle McCool
Natalya
Nikki Bella

Broadcast Team:

Michael Cole
Justin Roberts
Josh Mathews
Matt Striker
Tony Chimel

Managers:

Ranjin Singh
Vickie Guerrero

ECW:

Active Superstars:

Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Curt Hawkins
DJ Gabriel
Evan Bourne
Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston
Mike Knox
Rey Mysterio
Ricky Ortiz
Tyson Kidd
Zack Ryder

Former World Champions: Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio

Divas:

Kelly Kelly
Tiffany

Broadcast Team:

Joey Styles
Tommy Dreamer

Managers:

Tony Atlas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, it's mainly a way of just skipping the anarchy of the draft (which can be kind of fun, admittedly), and just changing things up for a year. RAW would run on the star power of Triple H, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker -- the major main event players left over from the Attitude era. In the wings, though, are both Hardys and John Morrison -- and possibly even the Legacy boys.

SmackDown! has the "new established stars" of John Cena, Randy Orton and Batista, as well as having Edge & Christian, and guys like MVP, Mr. Kennedy and The Brian Kendrick. The roster may seem stacked numerically, but SmackDown! only has six more guys.

ECW gets a better deal than it usually gets, and with half the programming time, they get half the number of World Champions. It may end up becoming the wrestling show, with some tremendous fucking talent on that roster. They only end up with one extra guy than what they normally have.

The announcer situation is a bit of a mess, but that can easily be fixed in time. For a while, Todd Grisham, Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler can call RAW -- it is the classic RAW duo with a guy the WWE is obviously behind getting to play the lead man, while JR does his hybrid stuff and King does color commentary. SmackDown! has the team of Michael Cole & Matt Striker, with Josh Mathews playing third man. Because ECW doesn't have anyone to call their shows, they can bring in Joey Styles for a while, and maybe stick him with Tommy Dreamer? Just for the novelty, until they use the three-man teams to establish Todd Grisham & Jerry Lawler as the RAW team, and Michael Cole & Matt Striker as the SmackDown! team. Jim Ross & Josh Mathews can then meet in the middle, and do ECW while Joey Styles goes back to doing what he does, and Tommy Dreamer could move into a General Manager position, or head down to FCW to help groom young stars.

The Divas situation has a lot of major hitters on RAW -- Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, Melina, Mickie James, and of course, the epic reliable workrate of Santina Marella. SmackDown! will have Natalya, who could basically wrestle herself and make it entertaining, while Maryse, Michelle McCool, Jillian Hall, The Bellas and Alicia Fox all play effective support.

You also swap around the General Managers, with Theodore Long getting a chance to run the A-show, while Vickie Guerrero returns to her "home" on SmackDown!.

BigDaddyCool
05-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I suggest we draft noid to hell.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM
RAW would have the World Heavyweight Championship, Intercontinental Championship and Women's Championship; SmackDown! would get the WWE Title, US Title and Divas Title; and ECW would of course have the ECW Title.

jony lions
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM
your a f’n moron noid .how long did take you to research and do,and for what,its idiotic so say the least.get a life

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
your a f’n moron noid .how long did take you to research and do,and for what,its idiotic so say the least.get a life

Took me twenty minutes. Didn't need to research. I did check up to see if Maryse and Eve did, in fact, get their starts on SmackDown!.

jony lions
05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Took me twenty minutes. Didn't need to research. I did check up to see if Maryse and Eve did, in fact, get their starts on SmackDown!.

yeah course it did loser.at least post something interesting:nono::p

Triple Naitch
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
As long as you don't put that fucking douche Xero on the card. He thinks he's so fucking smart. I hate him.

.........Ooooops wrong User Name :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
yeah course it did loser.at least post something interesting:nono::p

Course it did what? Take research? I just opened up Wikipedia, typed in "WWE roster" and copied.

The Gold Standard
05-01-2009, 10:40 AM
The only problem I have is that ECW, even though they have some big names, will always be considered as the C show, so it would be hard to get people like Jericho, Punk and Rey over as much as they are right now.

Impact!
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Don't feed the trolls Noid

FourFifty
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I hate armchair booking.

Evil Vito
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Being anal here, a few changes would need to be made

-John Morrison and Melina to SmackDown (both debuted there in MNM)

-Triple H to SmackDown (wasn't drafted due to being Undisputed champ but when he lost the belt he went to SmackDown for a few months before jumping to Raw for ages)

-Shelton Benjamin to Raw (started off there as a Heat regular)

Kinda depletes Raw more than WWE would be willing to do</font> :o

Anybody Thrilla
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Actually, John Morrison debuted on Raw as Johnny Nitro, assistant to Eric Bischoff.

Either way, I couldn't see justifying this on television if they actually did do it. They love the draft shows....well, at least I do. I think the format is fine.

Kane Knight
05-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Actually, John Morrison debuted on Raw as Johnny Nitro, assistant to Eric Bischoff.

Either way, I couldn't see justifying this on television if they actually did do it. They love the draft shows....well, at least I do. I think the format is fine.

:y: I could see minor tweaks, but it doesn't need to be changed. Especially not to something which removes the "random" factor.

Evil Vito
05-01-2009, 03:49 PM

:eek:

<font color=goldenrod>Forgot all about that, good call. He was also Johnny Blaze and Johnny Spade.</font>

Theo Dious
05-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I suggest we draft noid to hell.

Seconded.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 10:09 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Being anal here, a few changes would need to be made

-John Morrison and Melina to SmackDown (both debuted there in MNM)

-Triple H to SmackDown (wasn't drafted due to being Undisputed champ but when he lost the belt he went to SmackDown for a few months before jumping to Raw for ages)

-Shelton Benjamin to Raw (started off there as a Heat regular)

Kinda depletes Raw more than WWE would be willing to do</font> :o

John Morrison got his start on RAW as Eric Bischoff's assistant. Melina also made an appearance on RAW as Eric Bischoff's new Diva. Did not remember those Triple H details. If that's the case, yeah, he would be on SmackDown!. I do recall the Shelton Benjamin stuff on Heat, but was he ever on RAW? Yeah, it's part of the RAW brand, but I recall those segments as being more "tryouts" than being an official RAW roster member.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2009, 10:13 PM

I, too, do love the draft shows. Well, moreso when they have the draft picks distributed evenly, and not when the guys wrestle for the pick. This is not something they could do every year, but it just saves them work, and completely refreshes the rosters for another draft the following year.