PDA

View Full Version : So is Morrison becoming a face now?

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 03:29 PM
After his match with Shelton Benjamin and his confrontation with Jericho on SmackDOWN!, it looks painfully obvious that they're looking to turn Morrison face. On the plus side, he may be allowed to pull out some fancier moves, but I'm just hoping to high hell that they don't water him down and make him a fan-pandering bitchface.

Thoughts?

Jeritron
05-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't see why people seem to think this

spunkynut
05-02-2009, 04:13 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K95N0sseEJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K95N0sseEJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Lock Jaw
05-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Because The Miz turned on him, and The Miz got a big "I'm the heel segment" on RAW... thus anyone he turns on is a face. Morrison got no such segment and instead wrestled a heel.

I'd say there's a good chance of them turning him face. Kinda replace MVP in the "I was a heel, but now I'm inexplicably face" department.

Xero
05-02-2009, 04:15 PM
He seems like the perfect candidate to have a nice, long tweener run. WWE is obviously really high on him and if they give him that kind of range for feuds it could really open things up for bigger and better things.

HeartBreakMan2k
That doesn't really make him a face, that makes him John Morrison, he thinks everyone is a loser.

Anybody Thrilla
That video, for one, plus his match with Shelton Benjamin earlier in the night. He was smiling and appealing to the crowd....more than usual, at least.

Jeritron
05-02-2009, 04:16 PM
His match with Shelton isn't very convincing to me. It just seems like a random midcard match

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 04:17 PM
That doesn't really make him a face, that makes him John Morrison, he thinks everyone is a loser.

But the way Jericho was working the heel side all show (that was his 4th segment on that one show, by the way), people had been waiting for him to get popped one all night.

Jeritron
Smackdown is amazing now though. Everyone interacts.

Lock Jaw
Huh. I totally missed that Morrison/Jericho bit. That would be another good indication.

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 04:18 PM
He seems like the perfect candidate to have a nice, long tweener run. WWE is obviously really high on him and if they give him that kind of range for feuds it could really open things up for bigger and better things.

I could deal with him being a tweener. As long as it doesn't take away from his personality.

I suppose we'll find out where they're going with him next week or so. The minute he teams with R-Truth, though, I'm going to die a little inside.

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Smackdown is amazing now though. Everyone interacts.

Yeah, last night's SmackDOWN! was pretty good all around. Looking forward to more, especially since I'm going to the May 19th taping. :cool:

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Oh, and on a very slightly related note, wasn't that number one contender fatal four way originally billed as a six man scramble featuring Morrison and CM Punk?

Nark Order
05-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, indeed it was. I really wanted to see the scramble tbh but SD! was still pretty great so I'll let this one slide.

Jeritron
05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
They changed it so they could substitute in CM Punk/Edge and Morrison/Shelton and get 3 matches out of the whole thing.
Makes enough sense to me.

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Morrison/Shelton was cut drastically short, I feel. Plus, I still haven't seen a scramble match. I was in Baltimore for the other one.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-02-2009, 04:40 PM
btw, on a side note - I absolutely love that Punk just starts whistling and continues to walk past.

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2009, 05:10 PM
LOL, that's the fourth time I've seen that now, and I JUST noticed Punk. Nice.

#1-norm-fan
05-02-2009, 05:17 PM
lol @ people doubting him turning face.

He IS a face. He wrestled a heel, got a clean win and then got into a fight with one of the most over heels in the company.

It's not just him playing the character or anything really deep. He's obviously a face.

#1-norm-fan
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
LOL, that's the fourth time I've seen that now, and I JUST noticed Punk. Nice.

lol. How did you miss him?

Nark Order
05-02-2009, 05:21 PM
#1-wwf-fan just knows it all, doesn't he?

#1-norm-fan
05-02-2009, 05:30 PM
lol. Just sayin....

When a heel is turned on by his partner, faces a heel in a match, and then gets into a physical altercation with one of the company's top heels backstage, how anyone can question him being a face is pretty dumb...

Nark Order
05-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Yes, but if we have to ask whether or not he is face... was the turn very effective?

#1-norm-fan
05-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't really get why anyone has to ask whether or not he's a face. That's my point.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
lol @ people doubting him turning face.

He IS a face. He wrestled a heel, got a clean win and then got into a fight with one of the most over heels in the company.

It's not just him playing the character or anything really deep. He's obviously a face.

Going with a tweener. Not saying he won't be a heel at all or a face at all, I just think the concept of them turning him into a full blown face is a bit overstated at the moment. Granted that could change.

#1-norm-fan
05-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I hate tweeners. Someone is either a face or a heel. I hate the in between. That's just me though. It can work on occasion I guess but I don't see WWE actively trying to do that with anyone.

Nark Order
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't really get why anyone has to ask whether or not he's a face. That's my point.

But we are asking, that's MY point.

Theo Dious
05-02-2009, 06:11 PM
You know, the whole "CM Punk wanders around with the MITB case looking at people" is the first thing he's ever done that I found fun to watch.

DrA
05-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I hate tweeners. Someone is either a face or a heel. I hate the in between. That's just me though. It can work on occasion I guess but I don't see WWE actively trying to do that with anyone.

Most people in life are "tweeners". It's not often you come around people that are either a face or a heel.

thedamndest
05-02-2009, 06:23 PM
No sunglasses backstage = Morrison face.

Xero
05-02-2009, 06:24 PM
No sunglasses backstage = Morrison face.

It's so simple!

The Fonz
05-02-2009, 07:46 PM
No sunglasses backstage and chewing gum = Morrison face.

Mr. Nerfect
05-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I pretty much agree: John Morrison came out smiling happy to be on SmackDown!, had JR's support without any mention of an attitude at all, won his match against a heel clean, then got into an altercation with one of the biggest heels in the company. Just because he isn't wearing a shirt that says "Cheer Me!" doesn't mean the guy isn't meant to be getting your support right now.

I'm hoping that they do keep his current character, though. That's what makes Morrison so appealing. Next week, they could have a Morrison vs. Jericho match scheduled, only for Morrison to come out and say he isn't feeling well, and that he thinks he may have swine flu or something, but he's found a replacement...Kane. Jericho then faces the man he eliminated from the Fatal 4-Way and loses after Morrison distracts him.

Theodore Long then tells Morrison that he will be facing Jericho at Judgment Day, though, to which Morrison says fine, but he also wants to face Jericho next week. Long makes the match, but the next week, Morrison again pulls out (this time due to publicity appearances), and Jericho instead faces The Great Khali, and loses in a similar fashion.

Morrison basically plays the thorn in the foot of Jericho, until they actually wrestle, and Morrison's natural talent shines through and allows him to take Jericho right to the limits.

Anybody Thrilla
05-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Going with a tweener. Not saying he won't be a heel at all or a face at all, I just think the concept of them turning him into a full blown face is a bit overstated at the moment. Granted that could change.

That's why I asked if he is turning face. I didn't say he IS a face. He's well on the road to facedom, though. The only thing that really makes it foggy is that he wrestled R-Truth in his SmackDOWN! 'debut'.

Mr. Nerfect
05-03-2009, 02:31 AM
John Morrison could really move some merchandise for the WWE. He's hot, so the ladies love him. He's got the legendary abs, so the ladies and the men love him. He's got the talent, so the smarks love him. He's got charisma, so the marks love him.

A feud with Chris Jericho could really make Morrison.

Skippord
05-03-2009, 02:38 AM
Oh, and on a very slightly related note, wasn't that number one contender fatal four way originally billed as a six man scramble featuring Morrison and CM Punk?
Khali and Morrison

dunno why I felt like correcting that since the match didn't happen

anyway Smackdown is awesome now.

kinda bummed that I'm going to Raw and not Smackdown

Mr. Nerfect
05-03-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah, SmackDown! was really good. I was a bit disappointed by the length of some of the matches, actually -- they seemed really rushed, but everything was good.

Anybody Thrilla
05-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Khali and Morrison

dunno why I felt like correcting that since the match didn't happen

anyway Smackdown is awesome now.

kinda bummed that I'm going to Raw and not Smackdown

I'm glad you did, actually. I knew Morrison was supposed to be in it, but I couldn't remember the other person, so I guessed Punk. Khaki would have been a total waste in that match.

The Gold Standard
05-03-2009, 12:17 PM
It is tough to be a full tweener. I think Morrison is being made a face just because of the whole situation with Miz and now with Jericho. We have not seen him as a face yet, so it could go over well. It is one of those wait and see kind of things

Anybody Thrilla
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
But what fun is a wrestling message board without speculation?

Kane Knight
05-03-2009, 12:33 PM
It's gotta be the abs.

jony lions
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
go fuck a pig oink oink

Kane Knight
05-03-2009, 03:08 PM

I doubt it's just you, but since this is no longer a black and white medium, it makes little sense to try and apply a black and white mentality simply because you don't like Technicolor.

And WWE may not be trying to generate "tweeners," but a lot of what makes one is fan reception, so if the people here ain't buying it as a face push, that should be an indication.

Anybody Thrilla
05-03-2009, 04:03 PM
As a matter of discussion, it did seem like the crowd was cheering Morrison during his Shelton match, but it wasn't live, so there's really no telling what was really going on. I'll let you guys know when I attend the MAY 19th(:eek:) taping.

FourFifty
05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K95N0sseEJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

Punk casually strolling on by was the highlight of that clip.

Mr. Nerfect
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
After Morrison won the match, they cut to a woman applauding Morrison for his victory. Well, it could have been editted from a different part of the show, or even from another night, but to me, that implies the WWE are trying to send the message that it is alright to cheer John Morrison.

Anybody Thrilla
05-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, what he said.

Lock Jaw
05-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, but Morrison has abs.

Mr. Nerfect
05-04-2009, 08:29 AM
It should also be noted that John Morrison is banging Melina again. Instant face. :y:

Those two should be re-united on-screen, I think. I still wish they would do some sort of Superstars feud between The Miz & Maryse and John Morrison & Melina. Put the US Title on The Miz, and the IC Title on Morrison.

Evil Vito
05-04-2009, 09:59 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I can't see Morrison winning the big belt anytime soon...but I think a lengthy IC title reign should put him in position to be a MITB favorite next year.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
05-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Apparently a big part of why Morrison was turned face is because The Undertaker is going in for knee surgery, and with Jeff Hardy's contract status unknown, they really only had CM Punk.

Anybody Thrilla
05-08-2009, 02:26 AM
He's definitely a face now after watching Superstars.

abec
05-08-2009, 11:23 PM
ARE HIS ABS HEEL OR FACE

Triple Naitch
05-08-2009, 11:36 PM
His abs have always been over with the crowd.

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2009, 02:28 AM
It was a bit weird watching SmackDown!. Morrison just sort of turned face by default a week ago, and Charlie Haas just sort of turned heel by default that show. A sweet face finish for Morrison, though.

abec
05-09-2009, 05:18 AM
I never saw Morrison as a heel anyway, its not like he fucked corpses, had sex with the bosses daughter when she was underage, or hit the owner over the head with a bedpan.

DAMN iNATOR
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah another obvious indicator that he's a face now other than fighting 2 heels in 2 matches, is that he doesn't do as long of a slo-mo thing in his ring entry anymore which sucks.

Lock Jaw
05-09-2009, 02:15 PM
At least he still has the slo-mo thing and hasn't been relegated to do the whole "spaz out at the top of the ramp" thing that faces do.

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Yeah, the slow-mo should never leave.