PDA

View Full Version : ROH results 5/8/09

thecc
05-09-2009, 12:34 AM
from CZWfans.com
Ring of Honor
May 8th, 2009- 8:00pm belltime
Boston, MA

P1. Grizzly Redwood over "Dirty" Ernie Osiris. Post match, Jimmy Rave attacked Redwood. The Necro Butcher made the save.

P2. Max Bauer over ???

P3. Bobby Dempsey & "Sugarfoot" Alex Payne over ???

1. Delirious over Ricky Reyes with a Panick Attack and Shadows Over Hell.

2. Kenny King & "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus over The Super Smash Bros. after a doubleteam powerbomb.

3. Jay Briscoe and The Necro Butcher went to a no contest when The Embassy interfered.

4. Kevin Steen over Davey Richards with a package piledriver off the apron through a table. Other spots included Richards being pushed off a ladder through two tables and suplexes on chairs.

INTERMISSION

- Return date is September 25th. Crowd is estimated at 500-600.

5. Bryan Danielson over ROH World Tag Team Champion Eddie Edwars & Sonjay Dutt when Edwards tapped in the triangle choke.

6. The Embassy of Claudio Castagnoli, Jimmy Rave, & Joey Ryan over Brent Albright, Colt Cabana, & Erick Stevens when Castagnoli low blowed Stevens and pinned him.

7. Jerry Lynn over Chris Hero to retain the ROH World Championship after the cradle piledriver.Kinda pointless to have Joey Ryan debut and not have him pickup the pinfall.:-\

Mr. Nerfect
05-09-2009, 02:16 AM
I would have put Davey Richards over Kevin Steen and the faces over The Embassy, with Ryan taking the pinfall, but the quality of the show sounds up there.

Destor
05-09-2009, 05:01 AM
Debuting a guy and not giving him the win is pretty pointless when it's a guy like Joey Ryan. Very weak.

(Show looks like poop top to bottom though really...Lynn Hero might be pretty good)

Mr. Monday Morning
05-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Ricky fucking Reyes?

SSB on the main show? Really?

thecc
05-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Ricky fucking Reyes?

SSB on the main show? Really?SSB has been one of the better new talents ROH has been bringing in. They're stuff from Canada is incredible. I've really been down on ROH lately. Pearce's booking has been killing the company maann.

Innovator
05-09-2009, 09:29 AM
One of my favorite moments in ROH history is when Dragon beat Sonjay back at Death Before Dishonor IV: Cage of Death. Sinclair stops the match when Dragon keeps elbowing Sonjay, Dragon stops...and keeps elbowing him. Fucking loved it

Mr. Monday Morning
05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
SSB has been one of the better new talents ROH has been bringing in. They're stuff from Canada is incredible. I've really been down on ROH lately. Pearce's booking has been killing the company maann.

Don't get me wrong, I like watching some of SSB's stuff in Chikara (altough Stup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uno) but I think you and I both know even a year ago they would have never made it onto a main ROH show.

I mean when the Portal got brought in I don't think they made it past the preshow, did they? And Portal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSB

thecc
05-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like watching some of SSB's stuff in Chikara (altough Stup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uno) but I think you and I both know even a year ago they would have never made it onto a main ROH show.

I mean when the Portal got brought in I don't think they made it past the preshow, did they? And Portal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSBYeahhh, i'm just glad there's DGUSA now.

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2009, 02:17 AM
I really want to see an Osirian Portal vs. Super Smash Brothers match right now.

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Debuting a guy and not giving him the win is pretty pointless when it's a guy like Joey Ryan. Very weak.

(Show looks like poop top to bottom though really...Lynn Hero might be pretty good)

Don't ROH usually get guys coming into the company to lose their first few shows (generally speaking)?

Mr. Monday Morning
05-10-2009, 06:55 AM
I really want to see an Osirian Portal vs. Super Smash Brothers match right now.

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/product.php?productid=16422&cat=10&page=1