PDA

View Full Version : Johnnie Morton should punch Matt Millen in the face

road doggy dogg
12-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Seriously. The guy has been a loyal member of the team for 8 years, then Millen cuts him days before he's due for a $1 million raise, after lying to him and saying he'd get it. Then after the Chiefs game they had that little altercation.

Millen is such a clown. I hope because of his comments towards Morton that Ford fires him. He's been killing the team. The guy is an embarassment to the whole franchise

Yashamaga
12-15-2003, 05:36 PM
"you fa</>ggot

yeah you heard me

you fa</>ggot"

road doggy dogg
12-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Ok.

Yashamaga
12-15-2003, 05:37 PM
what the hell, fa</>ggot is censored?

Yashamaga
12-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Ok.

that was the exact quote, btw ;)

MoRcHeEbA
12-15-2003, 05:48 PM
yash should be banned for using such language a simple month long ban would be good enough Tony.

k thx :)

Yashamaga
12-15-2003, 05:49 PM
:$

road doggy dogg
12-15-2003, 05:50 PM
It wasn't the exact quote, but close enough.

Either way though, it was totally classless on Millen's part. He's a joke

VonErich Lives
12-15-2003, 06:50 PM
I heard Millen called him a Homo, but I also heard Morton went after Millen... Given, Millen didin't choose the right "words" but reports say Millen didn't start it.

Then again, this is the same guy who hit Pat Sullivan w/ a Helmet... then again, Pat was a putz...

road doggy dogg
12-15-2003, 07:08 PM
To be honest though, Morton didn't really start it.

Millen was in the Chiefs' locker room congratulating some of the players on the game and whatnot. He saw Morton and said hi, and Morton ignored him. He then sarcastically said "Nice talkin' to ya!", which caused Morton to tell him to kiss his ass. Basically, just telling him to get out of his face, not a real big insult or anything, just said out of annoyance. That's when Millen retaliated and called him a ****** and stuff, so I dunno. I don't think Morton was in the wrong there, but he probably could've been a bit more mature about it, so eh.. :o

MoRcHeEbA
12-15-2003, 07:15 PM
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions president Matt Millen apologized Monday for using a derogatory term for gays in a heated exchange with Kansas City receiver Johnnie Morton.

Advertisement

Millen was talking with Kansas City players and coaches outside their locker room after the Chiefs' 45-17 victory Sunday when he ran into Morton, cut by Millen after the 2001 season.

Millen, also the Lions' general manager, said he congratulated Morton but was greeted with an insult from the player.

"Unfortunately, I retaliated with a derogatory term directed toward Johnnie," Millen said in a statement. "I apologize if I offended anyone. It was certainly not meant to do anything other than express my frustration and disappointment."

Morton apologized for his part in the exchange, but was disappointed by Millen's choice of words.

"What he said is demeaning and bigoted," Morton told the Kansas City Star. "Jeremy Shockey got in trouble for saying it about a coach (Bill Parcells), and now we have a president of a team making statements like that. It's totally unacceptable. I have gay friends, and I don't even joke around with them like that."

Last summer, Shockey called Parcells a "homo" in a New York magazine article.

Millen has been the focus of several controversies in his three years heading the Lions, who are 4-10 this season.

He was fined $200,000 this summer by the NFL because he didn't follow the league's minority hiring policy when he hired coach Steve Mariucci.

During the 2002 season, Millen called an unidentified player a "devout coward." Millen later apologized.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

MoRcHeEbA
12-15-2003, 07:15 PM
not his intent to offend someone :roll: you don't say shit like that unless it's meant to hurt someones feelings.

MoRcHeEbA
12-15-2003, 07:16 PM
it's quite funny that if a player had called him a homo or fag or anything like that they would get in big trouble but if a GM or Pres says something a simple apology makes it all better.

road doggy dogg
12-15-2003, 07:19 PM
I think that it's worse if a GM/manager does it. I mean, their whole job revolves around having a good image and negotiating and all that kinda stuff, so it just seems very stupid for them to say something as childish as that.

That's not to say players should go around calling each other homos or whatever, but you'd "expect" it from a player moreso than from a GM.

#1-norm-fan
12-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Yeah that was classless by Millen but Morton wasn't innocent either. From what Chris Mortenson just said on Monday Night Countdown, all Millen said was congratulations and Morton told him to kiss his ass. So both of them were pretty dumb.

MoRcHeEbA
12-15-2003, 08:25 PM
he's lucky all he said was kiss his ass, the guy basically stole a million bucks from him. I would have probably punched him in the face.

Supreme Olajuwon
12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
well if I was Morton and I had been cut by the team that I had dedicated my whole career to I'd prolly say something like that to the guy who cut me too

MoRcHeEbA
12-15-2003, 08:29 PM
and then ROLL HIM UP IN A CARPET AND THROW HIM OFF A BRIDGE

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-15-2003, 10:55 PM
it's quite funny that if a player had called him a homo or fag or anything like that they would get in big trouble but if a GM or Pres says something a simple apology makes it all better. Nothing happened to Shockey when he called Parcells a homo

Bad Guy
12-16-2003, 03:11 AM
matt millen you suck. we took care of the coaching problem now we need to fix this.

#1-norm-fan
12-16-2003, 03:26 AM
Nothing happened to Shockey when he called Parcells a homo

Except his team getting upset at home by said homo.

But yes, Parcells>Shockey

road doggy dogg
12-16-2003, 05:42 AM
Keeping in mind that this was the first time Millen's even talked to Morton on any level since he cut him.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Except his team getting upset at home by said homo.

But yes, Parcells>ShockeyYea....but that'd happen if he called him a homo or not...anyways it wasn't really an upset.

PLUS I don't care if an overrated teams beats a shitbum team like the Giants lol

MoRcHeEbA
12-16-2003, 04:19 PM
the difference with shockey is though even though everyone sure he said it, he had the chance to deny it and say he was misquoted. Millen couldn't say that cause other people heard him and yeah.

Bad Guy
12-28-2003, 10:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-lions-millen&prov=ap&type=lgns

:roll:

MoRcHeEbA
12-28-2003, 10:52 PM
I don't see why he should be fired. He's done his job well, he's helping re-build a team and the team he's built now is gonna be good in a couple years. I mean the guy's a dick but he's doing a good job at what his job is.

road doggy dogg
12-29-2003, 12:25 AM
He's just lucky he's friends with Mariuci. If he didn't get someone like him there, no chance anyone would stick behind him.

The Miz
12-29-2003, 03:26 AM
I don't see why he should be fired. He's done his job well, he's helping re-build a team and the team he's built now is gonna be good in a couple years. I mean the guy's a dick but he's doing a good job at what his job is.
LOL

is this sarcasm? you can't be serious.