PDA

View Full Version : Is there any game that you've bought twice?

G
05-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Actual physical copies, not something from the Virtual Console or anything like that.

I traded in GTA3 to preorder Vice City. A few days later, I missed playing it (as did all of my roommates). So, I went back and bought it, again. Also, like a month ago or something I was offered a really good deal on World at War, so I bought that again (sold my copy like a month after release). I think that's it. You?

Dorkchop
05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Just under 10 DS and GBA games. My DS was stolen a couple of years ago and I re bought all the good games I lost. That really sucked.

I know for sure I re bought:
New Super Mario Bros
WarioWare: Touched
Meteos
Tetris
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing :(

Fignuts
05-14-2009, 12:38 AM
I bought the english version of Firepro R, afterimporting the japanese original a few years earlier, if that counts.

I think I bought Psi-ops twice, cause one broke, and it is a really awesome game that really needs a sequel.

I also bought a few madden games.

G
05-14-2009, 12:44 AM
lol

LoDownM
05-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Suikoden 3 Twice
TimeSplitters Twice
Final Fantasy 7 Twice
Valkyre Profile Twice, the one game I didn't actually sell, let my friend borrow it and a week later he died in a car accident. His parents never gave it back to me when they gave back things he had borrowed from friends.

OssMan
05-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Well I have that Final Fantasy Chronicles thing for PlayStation that has FFIV and Chrono Trigger on it but I also have those on Super Nintendo so I dunno if that counts.

I bought Animal Crossing when I had a Gamecube and didn't play it much then we got rid of it with our Gamecube and then I got it again when I got another Gamecube, still haven't played it much.

Star Fox for SNES and then for Super Famicom

Think I bought Final Fantasy 9 twice cause I think I lost my first copy

Games that we sold with our SNES and then later re-bought for another SNES: Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Mario Paint dunno if we owned that one or if the one memory I have of it was from renting it, prolly a few more :mad:

Metal Gear Solid

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

RBM
05-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics when it originally came out on the PS1.

Then again when they released it with a few additions on the PSP.

OssMan
05-14-2009, 02:51 AM
O yeah I did that too. Then I realized I fucking hate any handheld system after Gameboy Color

Funky Fly
05-14-2009, 03:31 AM
NBA Street 2
Goldeneye
Phantasy Star Universe
Fight Night Round 3

Also, Assmang, GBA is like a portable SNES. So many sweet titles. I know you've got a mad-on for 8 bit and 16 bit shits and you can't go wrong with that. Boom (http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/35295309/gba?tab=summary).

Impeccable
05-14-2009, 04:12 AM
I tend to purchase sports games again...i.e. I purhcase them, play them to death and trade them in and then five months later, am bored, and think "I wish I had a football (soccer) game"...I've re-purchased fifa 09 recently (it's come down in price by £20 since release) and done it in the past with cricket 07 for ps2.

OssMan
05-14-2009, 04:27 AM
NBA Street 2
Goldeneye
Phantasy Star Universe
Fight Night Round 3

Also, Assmang, GBA is like a portable SNES. So many sweet titles. I know you've got a mad-on for 8 bit and 16 bit shits and you can't go wrong with that. Boom (http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/35295309/gba?tab=summary).
Yeah I know. There are some games I like for GBA like Mother 3 (imagine that with Wind Waker style graphics on Gamecube though) but I mostly hate them for the bastardization of all the classic games that I love. Like talking to some kid about Yoshi's Island and him going on about it being Super Mario Advance 3 or Yoshi's Island 2 on DS where you can play as Baby Peach or something retarded. I dunno.

road doggy dogg
05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I have like 4 cartridges of Super Mario Bros. laying around my house. I'm not entirely sure why, and I'm also not entirely sure they're all even mine.
crossrine

Dorkchop
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
My sister somehow ended up with three copies of Tetris for Gameboy.

Penner
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm debating buying NHL 09 because it was stolen.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
05-14-2009, 01:32 PM
The Witcher, because somebody stole it.

Jon Kano
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I bought and then traded in 'Enter The Matrix' for something else, then bought it again, then traded it again, and now I want it back.

The Mask
05-14-2009, 02:56 PM
think i got shenmue twice, but only cause the other was at my parents, which means it didn't exist and if it did it was scratched and doomed.

Boomer
05-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Don't think I ever have.

D Mac
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Need for Speed Most Wanted. Just bought Mass Effect again for 12 bucks.

Crazy Nick
05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance for Gamecube and PS2, I got the PS2 version only because this pawn shop I was at gave it to me for free saying it might not work, but when I tried it, it was fine.

Enter the Matrix for Gamecube and XBOX, bought the cube version pretty cheap and then got it for XBOX for a few bucks.

Fignuts
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Also, Fallout 3, because I pelvic thrusted my dick right through the first copy.

Boomer
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh nevermind. I own both the PS2 and Gamecube versions of NFL Blitz 20-03.

Team Sheep
05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I had Ocarina of Time on N64 then got it on Gamecube with the console if that counts.

Xero
05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Fire Pro Wrestling R

Assuming special editions and different systems count (not counting heavily updated ports)...

Metal Gear Solid 3 (Both original and Subsistence)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1 and PC)
GTA 2, 3, VC, SA (PS1/PS2, PC)

I know I've owned multiple Super Mario Brothers carts, mainly because I went through about 4 NESs and they all came bundled with it (except the top loader).

And I own OOT and Majora's Mask and own both special Gamecube disks (The one with Master Quest and the one with Zelda 1/Zelda 2/OOT/MM)

Overall I own at least three versions of the entire Sonic Genesis series.

I'm sure there are others.

My Final Heaven
05-15-2009, 12:01 AM
had to re-buy Metroid 2 in the 6th grade because some dirty bastard stole it. :mad:

Bought Robotech:Battlecry for the XBox, then traded it & re-bought for the Gamecube.

Vietnamese Crippler
05-15-2009, 01:34 AM
I believe the only game I've ever bought twice is Resident Evil 4: once for GameCube and then again for Wii.

Funky Fly
05-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Seriously, you guys seem to get your games stolen a lot. I am pretty sure if you took my game, I'd hunt you down Liam Neeson in Taken style.

OssMan
05-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Living in a dorm is fun

Funky Fly
05-15-2009, 03:13 AM
"I have a particular set of skills, and unless you return my copy of Super Mario Bros 3 to me I will use those skills to track you down and kill you. Of course, if you return my game to me safely, I will forget what you have done and we can go on with our lives peacefully."

OssMan
05-15-2009, 03:19 AM
It was Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy both games of which I was borrowing :o

D Mac
05-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Yep, addicted to Mass Effect again. Was gonna play it for a couple of hours tonight and ended up playing it for about seven.

Disturbed316
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
CoD: Modern Warfare

Traded it in ages ago to put towards my Rock Band fund, but bought it again just the other day due to missing it :'(

Indifferent Clox
05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
oblivion
earthbound
morrowind

Disturbed316
05-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh and I upgraded my Hitman: Blood Money from PS2 to 360 when I got my console.

DaveBrawl
05-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Beat it on PS2 then traded my PS2 in with all the games for a PS3. I missed it, so I bought the PS3 version and beat that one too, now I need them to get on the ball and release the sequel. Of course I got a 360 for cheap a couple weeks ago and have no idea what to do with it, so I may need to get MUA for that too. :shifty:

Big Fat Mike
05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
I've bought the original Silent Hill at least 5 times. Once when it first released, and then every time some crackhead would come into the store looking for cash for a copy. I remember once I bought a bag full of original (non GH) psx games including FF7, FF8, FF9, Vagrant story, Suikoden II, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Xenogears and alot more for $35 because the dude didnt want store credit and his skanky girlfriend apparently REALLY needed ciggarettes.

Funky Fly
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah, forgot Smash Bros Melee and Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2 as well.

Outsider
05-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Final Fantasy 8.

Brought it originally when it came out, traded it when I traded in my original Playstation.

Brought a new copy a few years back but never got around to playing it.

Actually, that could be a good use of my long weekend this week.....

XL
05-22-2009, 06:00 PM
WCW/nWo Revenge
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
LofZ: Ocarina of Time

Classic N64 games that I traded in and then went and bought again years later.

Oh, hold on. Just remembered I didn't go and re-buy OoT afterall, borrowed it off a friend, never gave it back!

OssMan
05-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Give it back to him. Fucking so many times I have "let someone borrow a game and never got it back." Worst thing ever

Savio
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Def Jam fight for NY although I bought one for PS2 but since thats outta commission I recently bought it for GC

Sovereigntywillpr
05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I've bought Battle field Modern warfare 3 times (twice at a pawn shop where they were like two for 25) the last time was cheap cause it was the 360 version.

I had it on Ps2 but when i got my Xbox360 I left my ps2 at my girlfriends house so one day while picking up a bunch of cheap games at a pawn shop on sale I got an Xbox Copy, only to find out it doesn't work on the 360, a few weeks later I got the 360 version brand new but it wasn't that much cause it was old by then. I have a ps3 now (one of the models that works with ps2 games) so I have 3 copies of it, I've been meaning to trade the xbox and ps2 version cause all I need is the 360 version(and I never play that either) as I always forget to make a trade.

I bought about 50 games between both systems in 2 years, more than half brand new trying to find a game I could get into, I have yet to open Assassins Creed and a few others... I finally got into Red Alert 3 and I've had Command and Conqueror 3 for a while so I guess I'll get into that one once I’m done red alert.
The reason I bought it 3 times is pretty much cause it was the last game I got into, but it was only good for online play cause I tried starting over and I really didn’t feel like it. I was pretty far in much cooler levels I didn’t feel like re-doing all the BS. Wasting money on games is better than wasting money on certain other things, that’s why I buy so many games and haven’t played my ps3 more than 5 hours in over a year. Same goes for my xbox but I'd say about 60 hours including red alert and both latest call of duty's. It makes a good media device though with TVersity, access any harddrive in the house on any TV.

Edit: Will Ric Flair be on the Add-on for Red-Alert on Xbox or just PC?

Funky Fly
05-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Give it back to him. Fucking so many times I have "let someone borrow a game and never got it back." Worst thing ever

That is why you trade. Collateral.

GD
05-25-2009, 01:46 AM
Super Mario Bros. My SVR 07 has many scratches but I am waiting for the new release.