PDA

View Full Version : Raw may be canceled next week.

Team Sheep
05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment’s live, internationally televised broadcast, WWE Monday Night Raw(USA Network, 9:00 PM ET) to take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday, May 25 is in jeopardy of being cancelled by the Denver Nuggets. WWE and the Denver Nuggets are currently at an impasse in resolving a scheduling debacle by the team and the Pepsi Center. A sell-out crowd is expected to attend the WWE show at the same time the Denver Nuggets are slated to square off against the Los Angeles Lakers for Game 4 of the NBA Western Conference Finals. WWE has held the May 25 date with the Pepsi Center since Aug. 15, 2008.

“Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25 date for a potential playoff game,” said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

CSL
05-18-2009, 06:05 PM
lol @ the Vince comment

#BROKEN Hasney
05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Fuck it, I know a place that will be empty for Basketball on a Monday.

IT'S LIVE NBA PLAYOFF ACTION FROM THE IMPACT ZONE!! WITH 4 BASKETS AND A MAGIC JOHNSON RUN-IN!!

Xero
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
WWE should do it from the parking lot. That would be hilarious. They could do skits with wrestlers trying to get into the building, a lot of shots at the NBA, etc.

The opening would be Vince being pissed from earlier in the day and saying "Fuck it, we'll do it outside!"

Team Sheep
05-18-2009, 06:16 PM
I was gonna say Raw would have to be rescheduled to be taped over the weekend or something, but the WWE have live events scheduled all weekend, and there's a Lakers/Nuggets game on there Saturday as well. Bit of a mess :lol: They may have to take the smaller venue they were offered.

Xero
05-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Or just use one of the house shows as RAW.

Juan
05-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Lakers win by forfeit

Team Sheep
05-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Or just use one of the house shows as RAW.

They'd need it to be in an arena big enough for their set. I guess Salt Lake City on Saturday night would work, that's the only one I can recognize that do regular TV tapings.

Or Boise, Idaho on Friday night.

taker707
05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
i was gonna go to this show too dammittt :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Genius
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
shut up, taker707

Savio
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Just do em both at the same time

FourFifty
05-18-2009, 09:00 PM
If WWE has the building booked, and tickets have been sold, then sorry NBA fans, but blame the owners for not having faith in the team.

KYR
05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Go Cows!!!

Xero
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Go banana!

Savio
05-18-2009, 09:09 PM
If WWE has the building booked, and tickets have been sold, then sorry NBA fans, but blame the owners for not having faith in the team.
I'm sure it wont be hard to find a new stadium there hast to be a college around there somewhere willing to host it.

taker707
05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
thier are only two other arenas able to hold a wwe event the budweiser event center . which is holding a houseshow sunday and the denver collisium botth are not big enough to hold the 10,000 seats already sold and both cant hold the wwe stage .

taker707
05-18-2009, 09:44 PM
UPDATE ::

The following was posted on ESPN.com earlier today:

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to be at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday night.

Problem is, so are John Cena and a bunch of wrestlers — and they called it first.

World Wrestling Entertainment said it is booked at the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw, the same night the Nuggets are slated to host the Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

WWE chairman Vince McMahon told The Associated Press he doesn’t believe there was “any malice, just ineptness,” on the part of Kroenke Sports, which owns the team and the building, but can’t tolerate the company “just simply throwing us out on our ear.”

Without a quick resolution, McMahon plans to send his trucks to Denver.

“That’s what we intend to do,” he said. “We’re going to show up.”

Pepsi Center officials told the ABC television affiliate in Denver that the Nuggets game will be played as scheduled and that they are working with the WWE to reschedule or move its event.

WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman said the organization secured the Pepsi Center last Aug. 15 and has already sold more than 10,000 tickets for the event. He says the organization expects a sellout, with tickets ranging from $20 to $70.

McMahon blamed Kroenke for not believing his team was good enough to still be playing in mid-May.

“The fans in Denver had a lot more faith in making the playoffs than the owner,” he said in a phone interview from Louisville, where Raw was taking place later Monday night.

Denver is usually done with basketball by now. The Nuggets had lost in the first round five straight years, but as the No. 2 seed in the West are in the conference finals for the first time since 1985.

The Nuggets referred comment to the NBA, which handles scheduling during the playoffs. Kroenke Sports also had no comment.

However, the league is leaving it up to the team and the WWE to figure things out.

“The Nuggets and the WWE understand that the date of Game 4 of the Western Conference finals cannot be changed,” NBA senior vice president Mike Bass said. “We are confident that the Pepsi Center and the WWE will resolve their scheduling conflict.”

Zimmerman said the Pepsi Center confirmed in March with the WWE that the organization wanted to keep the May 25 date, and sent a contract on April 15 — the final night of the regular season — which WWE signed and returned. Tickets went on sale April 11.

The conflict didn’t arise until Sunday, when the Lakers beat the Houston Rockets in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals. Had the Rockets won, Denver would have had home-court advantage in the next round, hosting Games 1 and 2 and putting the May 25 game in Houston.

As of Monday afternoon, the schedule on the Pepsi Center’s Web site listed WWE for 6:30 p.m. local time and Western Conference finals Game 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets for the wrestling event could still be purchased online.

McMahon said he couldn’t guess how much he would make from the show, but that canceling wasn’t easy because of how much is involved in moving his equipment, plus filling its obligated time slot on USA Network. Litigation is likely — but he plans to be putting on a card.

“When you do have a date, you plan everything around it,” he said, adding, “we may be holding an event in a parking lot somewhere.”

Xero
05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
“When you do have a date, you plan everything around it,” he said, adding, “we may be holding an event in a parking lot somewhere.”

YES!

The Gold Standard
05-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Raw stinks anyway, so who cares if it isn't on.

erickman
05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
that parking lot statement made me think of bam bam bigalow in a parking lot challangeng goldberg, back in the good ole days of wcw.

Xero
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
From PWInsider:

Vince McMahon will be calling into ESPN for an interview to discuss the issue with The Denver Nuggets and The Pepsi Arena for next week's edition of Raw at 11:35 PM Eastern.

McLegend
05-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Raw in the parking lot would be tremendous.

Has to happen.

McLegend
05-18-2009, 10:45 PM
It won't though.

taker707
05-18-2009, 10:53 PM
pepsicenter website lists it as TBD now

Theo Dious
05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
The Parking Lot Raw would have a legendary place in wrestling history. Period.

Triple Naitch
05-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium should be available.

taker707
05-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium should be available.

invesco field holds 70,000 wow it could work

Juan
05-19-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=437

Triple Naitch
05-19-2009, 12:15 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=437

Sig'd.

dronepool
05-19-2009, 12:19 AM
A parking lot Raw would be entertaining!

Jeritron
05-19-2009, 12:32 AM
lol this is amazing.

I just watched the coverage on ESPN and Jonathan Coachman covered it. He interviewed Vince to make it even more ironic.

SammyG
05-19-2009, 12:42 AM
RRROOOFFLLLLL my ex girlfriend got tickets to that fuckin game, better not get cancelled over some bullshit wrestling

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
This is a publicity goldmine for the WWE and I fully expect Vince to be a complete and utter asshole to everyone involved with Kroenke Sports which he should be.

And the best part is, the NBA is dealing with so many accusations about game fixing and referee bias that people can't even use the fake sport argument against the WWE. They're both fake!

Juan
05-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Sig'd.

I already beat you to it

Juan
05-19-2009, 01:02 AM
RRROOOFFLLLLL my ex girlfriend got tickets to that fuckin game, better not get cancelled over some bullshit wrestling

What about for, say... American Idol?

FourFifty
05-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Just bought a ticket to Raw, so it better not be canceled because the the guy owns the nuggets didn't have the confidence to book the arena for his own fucking team!!!
(albeit there is no chance in hell I'll be able to make it to Denver on Monday, it's a cheap ticket, with the option of getting a refund if need be for any reason)

OssMan
05-19-2009, 01:45 AM
(albeit there is no chance in hell I'll be able to make it to Denver on Monday, it's a cheap ticket, with the option of getting a refund if need be for any reason)
so you bought the ticket for the possibility of it getting refunded

what

KYR
05-19-2009, 01:47 AM
FoFiddy - Making a stand for the common man.

Nark Order
05-19-2009, 01:48 AM
What an amazing development this is. This makes Kroekne look like a real piece of shit all around it seems and Vince is exploiting the hell out of it. I will mark out so hard if there is a parking lot RAW.

KYR
05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Don't think for one minute that Vince hasn't got a 'plan B' locked away.

Vince will milk this for all it's worth and in the end come out the victor one way or another.

Nark Order
05-19-2009, 01:51 AM
lol, watch him find a Super Wal-Mart to set up in.

taker707
05-19-2009, 02:10 AM
i have a feeling raw will be taped early like at 1 or 2 maybe ?

Xero
05-19-2009, 02:13 AM
I think Vince could pull off a Parking Lot RAW. It would get major coverage, too.

Though honestly, Vince has the contract. No way around that. He SHOULD, legally, win this.

Xero
05-19-2009, 02:20 AM
ESPN Video:

<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4176887"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4176887" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

If it's true that they didn't present it as a booked date they're (Nuggets) fucked as far as I can tell.

KYR
05-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Simple solution:

Set up a ring in the middle of the court. Royal Rumble rules apply inside the ring, NBA rules apply outside the ring.

While any basketballer is in the ring he must get tossed over the top rope before he can pass the ball.

While any wrestler is outside the ring he must dribble the ball whilst executing his finisher or he will be called for a 'travel'.

Fouls can only be called outside the ring - anything goes inside the ring.

XFL might have failed but the XBA will live forever.

Beauser
05-19-2009, 02:36 AM
I'll actually be tuning in, what a cash cow on the ratings Vince has. I say WWE makes a run in on the game...

CSL
05-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Simple solution:

Set up a ring in the middle of the court. Royal Rumble rules apply inside the ring, NBA rules apply outside the ring.

While any basketballer is in the ring he must get tossed over the top rope before he can pass the ball.

While any wrestler is outside the ring he must dribble the ball whilst executing his finisher or he will be called for a 'travel'.

Fouls can only be called outside the ring - anything goes inside the ring.

XFL might have failed but the XBA will live forever.

Complete with Kobe in Rod Smart's 'He Hate Me' jersey

FourFifty
05-19-2009, 03:13 AM
VINCE DROPPED THE F-BOMB!!!!
World Wrestling Federation.

The Mackem
05-19-2009, 04:02 AM
lol, incredible. Wouldn't mind seeing the interview with Coach and McMahon as well. Is there anyway either could be brought forward so they can both happen in the same night or is that just a logistical nightmare? I imagine it would take a lot of man hours to set up the WWE stage.

DaVe
05-19-2009, 04:43 AM
McMahon is a champ. Entertaining interview. I wanna see something ridiculous happen on the Warzone, Monday night.

Fabien Barthez
05-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Why can't they just swap the fixtures so mondays game is at GWF?

Sting Fan
05-19-2009, 06:06 AM
I have been sitting here wondering that to FB.

Seems logical.

Kane Knight
05-19-2009, 08:37 AM
LOL IWC.

James Steele
05-19-2009, 08:40 AM
LOL KK

James Steele
05-19-2009, 08:40 AM
LOL KK (he thinks he isn't part of the IWC) :rofl:

Kane Knight
05-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Shut up, you ignorant ass!

Innovator
05-19-2009, 10:09 AM
ESPN: Coach we have some breaking news and we need YOU to do the exclusive interview!

Coach: Alright! Who do I get, Brett Favre, Manny?

ESPN: Vince McMahon

Coach: AW CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Team Sheep
05-19-2009, 10:16 AM
The greatness of Coach

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXHPLu1u4Sc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXHPLu1u4Sc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

St. Jimmy
05-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Ironically after being in talks with Pepsi to get snubbed at the Pepsi Arena is pretty funny.

Triple Naitch
05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
FoFiddy - Making a stand for the common jew.

RawRocks
05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
The Lakers are having to contend with American Idol ongoing tonight within close range... there is a circus for you. :lol:

Triple Naitch
05-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Simon Cowell and Vince McMahon vs. Jerry Buss and Stan Kroenke in an Extreme Rules Tag Match

V
05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
wow, i will be watching raw for the first time in probably 2 - 3 years this week

i imagine a lot of others who have stopped, or even non-wrestling fans are going to be tuning in

this is incredible for vince

XL
05-19-2009, 03:42 PM
This is definately a work. It will end in Dennis Rodman making his long awaited return to the ring!

Trust me.

parkmania
05-19-2009, 04:01 PM
1.) If some Pepsi Arena security guard opens up the gates for the WWE trucks Monday morning, he'll be looking for a new job by lunchtime.

2.) If Vince goes ahead with the parking lot idea, TNA needs to make as much fun of the situation as possible, much like WWE was always taunting ECW for "taping in a bingo hall."

3.) If WWE does manage to get into the building and get set up before the crew for the basketball game, they need to take a cue from Hogan and taunt the NBA guys with "Whatcha gonna do, BROTHER?!"

Triple Naitch
05-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Looks like it may be taking place in Colorado Springs.

Team Sheep
05-19-2009, 04:12 PM
STAMFORD, Conn. — The Denver debacle that has jeopardized this coming Monday’s edition of Raw in Denver’s Pepsi Center has yielded an outpouring by some of the biggest arenas in the world who have opportunistically offered to host Monday Night Raw live on Memorial Day.

While working to resolve the scheduling conflict between Raw and the Denver Nuggets’ NBA Western Conference Semifinals game against the Los Angeles Lakers, WWE officials have received proposals from numerous venues including Madison Square Garden and, ironically, the STAPLES Center – the home of the Nuggets’ Monday night opponents, the Lakers. In addition to numerous other venues, these major-capacity metropolitan arenas proposed to have WWE’s flagship program emanate from their locations instead of Denver’s double-booked Pepsi Center this coming Monday.

As reported by WWE.com and countless media outlets, officials from both WWE and the Denver Nuggets are still attempting to determine a resolution for the scheduling calamity in Colorado’s capital.

Check back with WWE.com as additional information becomes available on the sold-out edition of Monday Night Raw.

Team Sheep
05-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Lol well they're surely out of the question. They've gotta get the set to Colorado Springs the next night for Smackdown.

Nervous Ferret
05-19-2009, 05:17 PM
ahahahahaha this is amazing/the best thing to happen to WWE in awhile

Nervous Ferret
05-19-2009, 05:20 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZW1Y4Lg9yM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZW1Y4Lg9yM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Disturbed316
05-19-2009, 05:26 PM
lol awesome interview

Beauser
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Hopefully Vince will be a complete asshole. He has a contract. I wouldn't want it any other place. A TON of WWE fans in the area have shelled out hard earned cash to go to that specific venue, at this specific location.

Bullshit, completely unprofessional of the Nuggets and Pepsi Center's Administration.

Savio
05-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Bullshit, completely unprofessional of the Nuggets and Pepsi Center's Administration.
well I think it just comes down to one man

The Fonz
05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
lol@World Wrestling Federation.

I really want to see Cena vs Cody and Ted in the parking lot now.

Skippord
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I actually have tickets for this Raw and I'd rather see the Nuggets play

GD
05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I would pee in my pants if Vince runs to the middle of the court with a stereo playing raw's theme song and the entire Raw roster come out and brawl.

Beauser
05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I would pee in my pants if Vince runs to the middle of the court with a stereo playing raw's theme song and the entire Raw roster come out and brawl.

If RAW gets the venue, they need to work a deal where some of the NBA stars are trying to get into the arena. Maybe have some sort of beating.

Beauser
05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
And, wouldn't the parking lot be kind of full...you know....with cars parked their for the NBA game?

Xero
05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Eugene should return, but as Bruce "BBall" Baller.

Droford
05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Wouldnt the obvious solution be to move RAW to Thursday? Superstars on WGN taped before RAW leading into to "This Thursday in Denver thanks to the Nuggets" on USA.

addy2hotty
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Erm, I'm a Brit, scheduling conflicts is our daily bread. Why can't they move the NBA game back a day?

KYR
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Erm, I'm a Brit, scheduling conflicts is our daily bread. Why can't they move the NBA game back a day?

TV scheduling, rights, advertising revenue, sponsorships...the list goes on.

SammyG
05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
wtf. What's more important? an NBA playoff game or a fucking WWE RAW show. Come on.

Xero
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
What's more important? Being a decent businessman and honoring a contract which could have been resolved or break that contract, look like an ass in the media and maybe lose potential revenue from organizations who may have booked the center but didn't in light of these events?

As much as you might think an NBA playoff is more important than a WWE show, this is bad business and any decent businessman wouldn't have let this happen in the first place, let alone allow it to happen in such a public forum. Legally speaking, it's WWE's building that night.

addy2hotty
05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
wtf. What's more important? an NBA playoff game or a fucking WWE RAW show. Come on.

It's not really about what's more important, but what is contractually binding.

Moving the NBA game back a day seems like a pretty easy solution to the problem, I doubt the sponsorships etc would be that effected as they'd come into play the following day.

To me, this all seems a bit 'wrassling is fake so who cares' type of attitude from the other parties.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah. If Vince has the rights to the building, what does it matter which is more important? Every fan who has tickets could decide they want to give them up so the playoff game can go on, all the wrestlers could decide they don't want to show up and Vince could just decide he wants to show and empty arena on screen for two hours and he can. As well he should be able to. Too bad.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
lol. Vince should just make a basketball court at the Pepsi Center and have a group of heels dressed in Nuggets jerseys and a group of faces dressed in Lakers jerseys and just have a game right there. And every once in a while, someone gets fouled and settles the dispute in a wrestling match.

McLegend
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Obviously Denver is in the wrong here, and in a perfect world the WWE should get the arena, but they aren't going to get it.

It's not happening.

FourFifty
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I DEMAND A REFUND FOR MY TICKET!!!!! :mad: :foc::mad:
:foc:

FourFifty
And yes, I'm an asshole.

KYR
I DEMAND A REFUND FOR MY TICKET!!!!! :mad: :foc::mad:
:foc:

Take out a class-action with SammyG's ex.

Savio
05-19-2009, 09:27 PM
lol. Vince should just make a basketball court at the Pepsi Center and have a group of heels dressed in Nuggets jerseys and a group of faces dressed in Lakers jerseys and just have a game right there. And every once in a while, someone gets fouled and settles the dispute in a wrestling match.I'd love to see them play a pick up game of basket ball. Have Kobe on one team to see what happens.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Obviously Denver is in the wrong here, and in a perfect world the WWE should get the arena, but they aren't going to get it.

It's not happening.

If Vince is absolutely not willing to bend and wants the arena, WWE will get it. There is no way around it. It's up to Denver to entice WWE somehow to move the show. Vince doesn't have to do shit. WWE has the rights to the building. It's theirs. End of discussion.

I just don't want Vince to crack. I'm a sucker for controversy. I want Vince to take it as a battle won if he keeps the building just to see what the Nuggets do. I want him to force their hand.

KYR
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Grapefruits > Nuggets

McLegend
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
WWE isn't getting the arena.

St. Jimmy
05-19-2009, 09:38 PM

Yes, what's more important that a fully developed and choreographed show taking place on a scheduled time due to contracts or a fucking game with a ball you can play in any high school gym...

Kane Knight
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
And yes, I'm a tool who brainlessly recites talking points.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
WWE isn't getting the arena.

They probably won't. I'm just saying the "In a perfect world, WWE would get the arena" thing implies that WWE will lose out or something which just isn't possible. They have the right to the arena. The Nuggets will end up getting the arena because I'm sure they want it badly enough to make Vince a ridiculous offer that he can't turn down.

Which sucks. But you know Vince is just sitting back loving having this kind of power and he'll milk it for all it's worth before finally taking the offer.

Kane Knight
05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes, what's more important that a fully developed and choreographed show taking place on a scheduled time due to contracts or a fucking game with a ball you can play in any high school gym...

Especially apt, since NBA has no contractual obligations of its own...

St. Jimmy
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
If they don't get the arena they should make a vow that if this situation happens again in any other place WWE will never book in those arenas again.

road doggy dogg
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
If they don't get the arena they should make a vow that if this situation happens again in any other place WWE will never book in those arenas again.

So if they lose tons of money for one night because of a scheduling conflict, they should in turn cost themselves MORE money in the future by removing potential venues from their schedule? You are a wise businessman.
crossrine

KYR
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Hmmm. I understand your point but I don't know how effective that strategy would be.

How often would the WWE hold an event in any of these arenas?

Somewhere between 0-2 times per year each?

Compared to how many Basketball games.

Juan
05-19-2009, 10:28 PM
This seems to be a hot button issue on TPWW

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 10:30 PM
lol... WWE WILL NOT LOSE MONEY.

They have the rights to the arena. The Nuggets will make sure WWE is compensated by accommodating them in a new arena and then some. WWE doesn't have to do anything therefore it is up to the Nuggets to give WWE whatever it takes to make them happy.

rob11
05-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Vince will probably give in at the last moment, but after the game the players may come back to see their bags soiled.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
I say all Nuggets players wear a John Cena jersey instead and they call it even...

Kane Knight
05-19-2009, 10:48 PM
So if they lose tons of money for one night because of a scheduling conflict, they should in turn cost themselves MORE money in the future by removing potential venues from their schedule? You are a wise businessman.
crossrine

Well, it wouldn't go down like that.

lol... WWE WILL NOT LOSE MONEY.

They have the rights to the arena. The Nuggets will make sure WWE is compensated by accommodating them in a new arena and then some. WWE doesn't have to do anything therefore it is up to the Nuggets to give WWE whatever it takes to make them happy.

LAWL.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Cause I'm sure Vince will agree to give up his contractual rights to lose money...

thedamndest
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Plans for the WWE invasiom angle:

-Get experienced barricade jumper Matt Hardy to steal an NBA house mic and yell, "Come see Matt Hardy on Monday Night Raw...R A W!"

-Have MVP perform the "Ballin' maneuver on a Nuggets player with an actual basketball

-CM Punk gets pinned cleanly by Carmelo Anthony in the opening match

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
lol. I do not foresee the time when the WWE/NBA jokes will run their course...

:shifty:

James Steele
05-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Somebody will be switching arenas, and it will 99% most likely be WWE.

Kane Knight
05-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Cause I'm sure Vince will agree to give up his contractual rights to lose money...

...Cause I'm sure that's the only possible resolution other than the scenario you've provided.

KYR
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Vince will agree to ANYTHING IF he can make money out of it. Not just in the short-term but also for the future.

I said it before, the WWE would have a 'Plan B' ready to go at moment's notice and (wisely) keeping it to themselves.

He will milk this for all the money and publicity he can get. One way or another RAW will go ahead next week SOMEWHERE and Vince will have made money on the deal.

James Steele
05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
:lol:

Kane Knight, what do you think will be the resolution to this problem?

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Stan Kroenke must come to Vince's house every night for a month and check for monsters under the bed....

Beauser
05-20-2009, 01:53 AM
If they didn't allow Vince and his trucks in, couldn't Vince technically call some local police down there?

He has a contract, I'd keep on it, unless offered a ton.

Or, HUGE plugs throughout the whole game...

Make JR announce the basketball game...

The Mackem
05-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Yeah so as a Brit that sees both sides being able to put up the same arguments (TV scheduling, loss of revenue etc) what is the likely outcome? I mean I guess the NBA team own the arena, or is that not true? I guess the arena would get a bad reputation for not being able to meet it's commitments but would they really suffer in the long term?

taker707
05-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Yeah so as a Brit that sees both sides being able to put up the same arguments (TV scheduling, loss of revenue etc) what is the likely outcome? I mean I guess the NBA team own the arena, or is that not true? I guess the arena would get a bad reputation for not being able to meet it's commitments but would they really suffer in the long term?

yes stan kronke owns both the nuggets and pepsi center

Team Sheep
05-20-2009, 04:23 AM

They're playing on Saturday as well so they'll need a rest day.

Team Sheep
05-20-2009, 04:27 AM

Ok Sammy we get it, you hate wrestling. But stop making fucking bullshit points just to belittle WWE and not realise what's right and wrong here. Doesn't fucking matter what you consider to be "more important", it's a contract.

Fabien Barthez
05-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Regardless of the outcome, it's still the best indoor facility in a capital. It won't suffer from loss of support from Nugget fans, or anyone going to see a concert or NHL or whatever else they have there.

Raw will almost deffinately end up in Colorado Springs by the looks of things. I think at this point though, they should be looking at where they can draw the biggest house. Doing it in colorado will mean having to honour pre-bourght tickets from anyone prepared to travel, and suffer a loss at the hands of those who don't. They have all this publicity around the show, and it could be to a half gate...

LA or MSG could both draw a bigger house impromptu given the situation. Or at least I think they could...

Annoyingly, switching the game to LA would fix everything, I mean, it's a playoff, and it's the Lakers. They sell out these games only a few days before as standard anyway don't they?

Team Sheep
05-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Annoyingly, switching the game to LA would fix everything, I mean, it's a playoff, and it's the Lakers. They sell out these games only a few days before as standard anyway don't they?

That's like Liverpool being scheduled to play Man Utd at Anfield but gets switched to Old Trafford just because it would be easier. Not gonna rub I don't think. The Lakers have games 1 & 2 at home because they're higher seeds, games 3 & 4 in Denver.

Ogen
05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
wow, i will be watching raw for the first time in probably 2 - 3 years this week

i imagine a lot of others who have stopped, or even non-wrestling fans are going to be tuning in

this is incredible for vince

Why on earth would this make you watch, its not like halfway through Raw a load of lads will be showing up to play them in basketball. This will all obviously have to have been sorted long before Raw and any spastic that thinks the WWE will manage to fend off an NBA play off needs there head checked.

James Steele
05-20-2009, 04:48 AM
Vince is getting a lot of things out of this, and it might not be all good.

Fabien Barthez
05-20-2009, 05:17 AM
That's like Liverpool being scheduled to play Man Utd at Anfield but gets switched to Old Trafford just because it would be easier. Not gonna rub I don't think. The Lakers have games 1 & 2 at home because they're higher seeds, games 3 & 4 in Denver.

Except Utd and the scum won't be playing each other 7 times in the next 17 days.

Londoner
05-20-2009, 06:34 AM
Except Utd and the scum won't be playing each other 7 times in the next 17 days.

^
Was just gonna say that....

What Would Kevin Do?
05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
If they didn't allow Vince and his trucks in, couldn't Vince technically call some local police down there?

He has a contract, I'd keep on it, unless offered a ton.

Or, HUGE plugs throughout the whole game...

Make JR announce the basketball game...

No, he can't, not unless he gets some sort of injunction from the court, and that obviously won't happen in time. Contracts are not criminal issues, and breaching a contract is not "illegal" per se.

Team Sheep
05-20-2009, 12:25 PM

:wtf: Yup it would make perfect sense to play 3 games in LA and just 1 in Denver.

Xero
05-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok Sammy we get it, you hate wrestling. But stop making fucking bullshit points just to belittle WWE and not realise what's right and wrong here. Doesn't fucking matter what you consider to be "more important", it's a contract.

Don't worry, Sammy will be sucking the biggest face's dick once the next boom rolls around.

DAMN iNATOR
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't know about the immediate future, but I think if Denver goes on and wins the NBA title, C.M. Punk should show up during the championship presentation with a WWE ref, and then hit the G2S on, and then proceed to pin, Kroenke for the (NBA) title.

Fabien Barthez
05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
:wtf: Yup it would make perfect sense to play 3 games in LA and just 1 in Denver.

If the result is such a formality, why even bother with game 4, since it won't get to game 7 anyway?

Savio
05-20-2009, 03:21 PM
They probably won't. I'm just saying the "In a perfect world, WWE would get the arena" thing implies that WWE will lose out or something which just isn't possible. are you saying this is not a perfect world?

If vince doesn't get it I'd like to see raw be a 2 hour show of Vince walking around the building with Cena and HHH, bitching at the management (and concession stand owners) there.

SammyG
05-20-2009, 04:58 PM
lol Staples Center, home of the Lakers, has offered to host Raw. amazing.

#1-norm-fan
05-20-2009, 05:15 PM
According to the main page, WWE is planning on doing it too. lol. So how much of Raw on Monday Night will be all about shitting on the Nuggets. Also, if this does happen, I call The Miz coming out to tell everyone in LA how Denver is going to win the series.

Xero
05-20-2009, 05:56 PM
From PWInsider:

Monday Night Raw will be held in Los Angeles' Staples Center, according to Los Angeles NBC affiliate KNBC. The network is reporting that World Wrestling Entertainment will be holding a press conference later today to announce the move.

Raw's move was neccesitated by the Denver Nuggets' NBA Playoff game, which has brought a ton of publicity to the situation.

There is no word yet on how tickets to Monday's event will be handled. As of this writing, there is no listing for the event on Ticketmaster.

The 2009 edition of Summerslam will also be held at the Staples Center in August.

LOL, wow. This is Vince being Vince, and I like it.

thedamndest
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
So how many tickets can they sell in less than a week?

SammyG
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
LAAAAAAAAKE SHOWWWWWWW

parkmania
05-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I want a feed from the press conference. Anyone know of one?

KYR
05-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Well at least FoFiddy won't have as far to travel for the show.

His $20.00 is safe people.

parkmania
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM
So, from what KNBC is reporting, Smackdown/ECW is now going to emmanate from STAPLES Center also - what about the contract WWE had with World Arena in Colorado Springs for this?

Xero
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I think there were just talks for that since WWE had (and has) a SmackDown! taping the next night.

FourFifty
05-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Well at least FoFiddy won't have as far to travel for the show.

His $20.00 is safe people.

.........I am not fucking driving out to Los Angeles for cheap seats. I cannot stand Los Angeles. I'll be going there in August, and that's it. Besides, if I go there I'll have to see family that I don't care for because we're Jewish and we pretend family problems do not exist.

KYR
05-20-2009, 09:22 PM
.........I am not fucking driving out to Los Angeles for cheap seats. I cannot stand Los Angeles. I'll be going there in August, and that's it. Besides, if I go there I'll have to see family that I don't care for because we're Jewish and we pretend family problems do not exist.

Can't you just bawl your eyes out for 5 minutes like any other Jewish family and then move on?

RatedGSuperstar
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
According to the AP article, there will be a 5-on-5 match on Monday between a "Nuggets" team and a "Lakers" team, and the Mr. McMahon character will be there to belittle a fake Stan Kroenke. Sounds like compelling television. :shifty:

LoDownM
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
So, from what KNBC is reporting, Smackdown/ECW is now going to emmanate from STAPLES Center also - what about the contract WWE had with World Arena in Colorado Springs for this?

I'd be kinda pissed if I decided to go to that and it did move.

Was going to get free tickets due to a friend of my dads that works at the world arena, but I have no one to go with, and fuck going alone.

Droford
05-20-2009, 09:45 PM
According to the AP article, there will be a 5-on-5 match on Monday between a "Nuggets" team and a "Lakers" team, and the Mr. McMahon character will be there to belittle a fake Stan Kroenke. Sounds like compelling television. :shifty:

I wonder if the LA crowd will be smart enough to get a "nugget" chant going on the fake Stan Kroenke.

Maybe it wouldnt be a good idea considering the date and all though..I dunno.

Blue Demon
05-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Shut up, I'm a bitch!

KYR
05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Do the two of you call a truce on your shared birthday?

FourFifty
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Can't you just bawl your eyes out for 5 minutes like any other Jewish family and then move on?

On top of all of that I normally work Mondays. I get off at 5, and there is no way in hell I can make it to LA in an hour.
But still, I made my stand, and I demand a refund.

Splaya
05-21-2009, 01:32 AM
I guarantee that one of the Nuggets will look like Owen Hart

Kane Knight
05-21-2009, 01:51 AM

Technically, you can call 911 when McDonalds is out of Chicken McNuggets, but it doesn't mean they'll do anything. This isn't really a matter of criminal law. Realistically, this is a matter for the courts, but I doubt it'll go that far.

Too much money.

I doubt that reputation would stick.

Do the two of you call a truce on your shared birthday?

Fuck that. Kill Sascha.

bigdaddysuperfreak
05-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Espn is confirming the WWE will be going to the Staples center.

Kane Knight
05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Espn is confirming the WWE will be going to the Staples center.

WWE.com is confirming it, too.

Volare
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I can see it now if there's enough time...McMahon will show then ending of the Lakers/Nuggets game, and when Denver loses, McMahon will say "See Denver! I was doing you a favor!"

KYR
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.raw-tcsd.com/Eddie.FR.6138099.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
05-27-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.raw-tcsd.com/Eddie.FR.6138099.jpg

Wait...I thought "96 Tears" was written to describe how bored people who watched "12 Rounds" were at the theater...:shifty:

DaveBrawl
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
It is, the whole album is a WWE Tribute.

Savio
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
raw should've been canceled this week

Kane Knight
05-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Wait...I thought "96 Tears" was written to describe how bored people who watched "12 Rounds" were at the theater...:shifty:

Come on, they would kill themselves way before 96...