PDA

View Full Version : Dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

mitchables
05-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I like it. I think. Have to listen to it more to be sure though.

Anyone else listened to this yet?

Blitz
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah found it a couple of weeks ago. Love it. Already one of my favourite albums of the year.

El Vaquero de Infierno
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I dunno. I found "Catch without arms" a bit bland, with the exception of a couple of songs. I'm not sure if I'll bother.

The Destroyer
05-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I definitely do like it. I've got both the singles stuck in my head in a big way.

Danny Electric
05-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Haven't listened to Dredg in suck a long time, had a couple of albums on my old PC but lost it all.
All I remember is how much I loved this one song but now I can't remember what it was called or which album it was off.
I think it was one of their most known songs.

Danny Electric
05-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Just remembered that it was 'Bug Eyes'

mitchables
05-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I dunno. I found "Catch without arms" a bit bland, with the exception of a couple of songs. I'm not sure if I'll bother.

Yeah, I dunno though, I think I like this more than Catch.

The Destroyer
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM
I refuse to believe this few TPWWers like Dredg. Scandalous.

mitchables
05-26-2009, 09:27 PM
This happens to me all the time. I post threads about glorious bands and albums, Blitz comes in and says he downloaded it a week ago, you agree with me, maybe someone else stops in and that's it. Thread over. Either it's a reflection on my threads or everyone in this subforum isn't as engaged as their movies/tv counterparts.

Like that Dodos thread. something like 70 views, but no replies. What? Nobody had any opinions whatsoever on that band?

/shrug

El Vaquero de Infierno
05-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Or maybe you listen to super trendy, yet super bland bands? :p

The Destroyer
05-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Super bland or not, if they were super trendy, people would surely actually listen to them, no?

road doggy dogg
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
This happens to me all the time. I post threads about glorious bands and albums, Blitz comes in and says he downloaded it a week ago, you agree with me, maybe someone else stops in and that's it. Thread over. Either it's a reflection on my threads or everyone in this subforum isn't as engaged as their movies/tv counterparts.

Like that Dodos thread. something like 70 views, but no replies. What? Nobody had any opinions whatsoever on that band?

/shrug

I don't know, maybe giving people an idea of what the band even is/sounds like, it might give people more inclination to even care. Simply saying, "Hey, do you like this band that you've never heard of ever?" doesn't lend itself to much conversation potential.
crossrine

mitchables
05-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't know, maybe giving people an idea of what the band even is/sounds like, it might give people more inclination to even care. Simply saying, "Hey, do you like this band that you've never heard of ever?" doesn't lend itself to much conversation potential.
crossrine

Well, generally I do. There's a description in the Dodos thread. The mewithoutYou one didn't have one because I hadn't listened to the new album but once I had I described it. Admittedly this thread was less descriptive but on the other side of the coin, if you've never heard of a band ever, there's nothing stopping you from saying, "I've never heard them ever, what do they sound like?"

Also, in this world of things like YouTube where it would take literally less than a minute to check out something you hadn't heard before, I dunno. Doesn't feel as much my responsibility to spoon-feed the discussion IMO.

mitchables
05-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Or maybe you listen to super trendy, yet super bland bands? :p

Name more than three bands like that that I listen to. Go.

Blitz
05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Pariah is such an amazing song.

mitchables
05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
I love you Britz.