PDA

View Full Version : Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling

Zeeboe
05-31-2009, 08:15 PM
This is going to be a long post, so don't type that I didn't warn you. My whole purpose of posting this is to discuss the book with others who read it, and to try and convince others to check it out.

Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling by Bret Hart is bar none the best wrestling related book ever written, and is one of the greatest books....period. The Hitman's book takes you right into the world of professional wrestling, and doesn't look back. You see everything told from the perspective of Bret "The Hitman" Hart. It is an extremely detailed story, and is exactly what an autobiography should be.

Bret doesn't deny any bad thing he ever said and did, and is very honest, and shows just how real wrestling is. Like Bret once said when talking about wrestling: "It's far more real then people think." And I believe a person has to be very tough on many different levels to be a wrestler after reading Bret's book.

I think if anyone ever wants to become a wrestler, reading Bret Hart's book should be required reading in wrestling schools because if you still want to be in that business after reading about Bret's adventures then I think you've already passed the first test.

Some of Bret Hart's skeptics have told me that they think that most of the book is Bret complaining about Shawn Michaels, but that is not true at all. Bret doesn't take nearly as many digs towards Shawn Michaels that Shawn did to Bret in his book. Bret really only talks about Shawn Michaels and the screwjob when he reaches that chapter in the book.

Now in this review, I'll cover some of the topics that were brought up, and post my opinion for each of them.

Bret's childhood: I really enjoyed reading about his youth. Bret gives a great description of what life was liking growing up in the 60's as a child. Now I mean no disrespect, but I found the way Stu raised his children to be disturbing. I realize I wasn't there, so it's unfair to make my opinion too strong. I'm just stating my honest reaction. I would have been scared to death to have been raised by Stu Hart, but maybe that is what Stu would have wanted. Bret admits that his fear of Stu is what kept him in line. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to raise twelve children, and I realize that was how Stu was brought up, and just the way parents punished their children back then, but I can't imagine putting wrestling holds on a kid, and telling them that they breathed their last breath, and then leaving them to limp around for several days with blood-shot eyes. Just my honest opinion. Stu seemed like a decent man, and was just a product of his time.

The Hart Family: I was such a mark for so long that I actually believed in the wholesome image the WWF created for the Hart Family. Again, I mean no disrespect, but the stories about the Hart family are not pretty at all. They're not this Brady Bunch family that I honestly always believed they were.

Dynamite Kid: I never knew much about this guy. I remember watching him wrestle a long time ago, and I've heard and read various things about them through the years, but now that I've read Bret Hart's book, I think Dynamite Kid as a person is a big piece of trash, a scumbag, a degenerate, a racist, a bully, and a poster child for abortion. I think all one has to do is just look at pictures of him, and you can tell he's a jerk. I don't feel sorry for him. He deserved what he got, and I'm glad the Rougeau Brothers kicked his ass. He needed his ass kicked.

Ribbing: I've read a lot of crazy stories about ribs in the wrestling business, and I think some of the pranks the wrestlers pulled on one another or on others were just plan mean. Bret didn't pull a lot of ribs, but he seemed to enjoy the ones that did happen.

To give an example of what I mean, there's a story about a rib that Bret and his brother Smith pulled on Jim Neidhart because he had the hots for their sister Ellie. They were all at the Hart house, and Smith was being rough on the family cat, which Ellie, who was upstairs heard. She yelled at whoever was hurting the cat to stop, then when they wouldn't stop, Ellie went down to confront the person, and Smith threw the cat into the arms of Jim Neidhart which got him yelled at by Ellie. Might be funny to some, but I failed to see the humor in it. I realized they were doing it to mess with Neidhart, but they should have figured out another way to do so. I honestly don't care that much about what the wrestlers do to each other for the most part, but hurting a helpless animal was wrong.

There's another pretty mean rib that Bret talks about when the boys all pulled one on Karl Moffat. The wrestlers had convinced Moffat that Bad News Allen was going to kill him, which lead Moffat to crying. I've never heard of that wrestler, but I googled his name, and it's hard to believe a big, bald-headed biker like him could be reduced to tears, but that just shows how tough Bad News Allen was! And Moffat was only in his early twenties at the time too, and a rookie, so it makes some sense. But I think that's by just being cruel. I realize the wrestlers are all big boys, and it seems that most of them sometimes act like overgrown middle school boys, but still, these are human beings. I'm sure ribs are great for morale for the boys, but there should be lines that aren't crossed. I also figure that the ribs are all apart to see if a wrestler is tough enough to be in the business, but even so, there should be some limits.

On the other hand, one rib Bret pulled and told his book had me laughing to the point of tears, and even though it's border line mean, it wasn't that mean because no one got hurt. What happened was, Bret was in the locker room and came across a dirty, old, abandoned, pair of shit-stained white underwear. Bret decided to rib Murdoch when he noticed Murdoch's fresh, clean, white underwear hanging from a hook by his bag in his locker. He switched the underwear out with tweezers. When Murdoch came by later, and saw the underwear, he thought that one of the boys (as a rib) did a number two in his underwear, and put it back. The way Bret described the whole story was really funny. :lol: What I found hilarious is just that Murdoch actually thought someone would be sick enough to take a dump in his underwear, and put it back.

There's another funny story that Bret tells that again had me in tears from laughing so much.....the van that transported the wrestlers broke down, and Bret told the wrestlers to hide in a ditch while he flagged someone down. Then when Bret finally managed to get a car to stop, it was an elderly couple, and as he was explaining the problem, all the wrestlers came out of the ditch, and started running towards the car. Seeing all the strange looking wrestlers, from giants, to midgets, running straight towards them terrified this poor couple, and they drove off. :rofl:

Traveling: One of my favorite parts about this book is reading about all the traveling Bret did, and the places he saw, and the people he met. I loved all the stories about his adventures in Puerto Rico, Chicago, Hawaii, Japan, Germany, England and Israel. Bret has been lucky to have traveled all over the world, and meet all kinds of interesting people. He describes his experiences in other countries very well, and truly defies why I enjoy reading. If you have a good imagination, you can be right there with Bret in Japan.

Drugs and ring rats: If I didn't admit that I can't help but frown at some of the things Bret did, I'd be a hypocrite because I condemned Ric Flair and Jerry Lawler for their actions that they admitted to doing in their books, and I was hoping Bret would be better. He cheated on his wife with tons of groupies through the years, and he did all kinds of drugs from pot, to coke, to steroids.

I guess even after all these years, I'm still somewhat of a mark, because I actually believed that Bret was the kind of guy who he portrayed himself as on TV. And at first, as I read all these stories about Bret's ring rats, I thought Bret was just a young man being a young man, and before he was married, it didn't really bother me that Bret messed around. I was hoping and thinking that Bret would mature with age, but he continued to mess around well in his 40's.

Now I'm not some square here. I realize you only live once and there's nothing wrong with having fun, and I know being a wrestler is not easy, and it's not like Bret forced any of those women into his hotel room. And I know if you're a wrestler, you get lonely, and with all the traveling and the pain that goes on, I know you do what you have to do to keep morale up.

Bret was just a product of his environment. He grew up in a very rough house with lots of brothers, and a father who put deadly wrestling holds on him, and then he was apart of a very rough business, surrounded by tough guys, far away from his wife, and to have morals in the macho world of wrestling would be impossible.

Bret's fans: I believe he truly cared about them, and that he enjoyed being a hero. He mentions in his book how the Ultimate Warrior left some dying kid from the Make-A-Wish foundation alone with his parents all night backstage at one of the shows. This kid was a big fan of the Warrior, and it was his dying wish was to meet him, and the Warrior made him wait for hours. I thought that was sick. No matter what anyone thinks of guys like Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan and or Bret Hart, no matter what they have ever said or done, you cannot deny that they did care about their fans, especially their younger fan base, and would have never just left some sick kid who wanted to meet them alone all night, and make them wait.

The WWF: Reading about his time in the WWF was something I enjoyed reading as well, and I learned a lot of inside things I never knew before. I especially liked reading about Bret Hart's feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin, as well as his 1997 run with The Hart Foundation. That was by far the funniest time for me to be a wrestling fan, and even though I was American, I was still on Bret's side, and supported him through out the angle because I thought he was right, and it was great reading his thoughts during this period.

The Montreal Screwjob: When it first happened, I was on Bret's side, then I saw things more clearly from Vince's point of view, and was on his side. It pains me to admit that. I knew Bret and HBK had heat, but I thought Bret should have just been the bigger man, and put Michaels over. Then for a very long time, I was undecided in regards of the screwjob. I don't see it as my fault though. I think a lot of people don't know the details of what happened, but now I do, because Bret gives extreme details as to what happened leading up to the Montreal Screwjob, and I can't blame him at all for refusing to job to Shawn Michaels.

I'm not just a bias Bret Hart fan either. Bret, Shawn, and Vince have all given their side of the story, and I've read and heard it all, and in the end, I side with Bret, because there were all kinds of other ways for them to handle the Survivor Series or to get the title off Bret, but because they didn't trust Bret and honor his word, they decided to treat Bret like a prop all so they could create the Mr. McMahon character, put Shawn Michaels over as a mega heel, and create WWF attitude.

Bret was lied to, plain and simple, and that was wrong to lie to someone like Bret, who gave the company everything he could. He deserved so much better then what he got when he left the company. Bret didn't even want to leave the WWF. I believe he was pushed out, and I think that is because of Shawn Michaels. They had major heat, and I think Shawn Michaels and Triple H got inside Vince McMahon's head, and did whatever they could to try and convince McMahon to let Bret go. I don't think it had anything to do with the money because Bret would have taken less cash to stay.

I find Vince and Shawn's heartless attitude towards Bret, as well as their lack of compassion towards him truly disgusting, and I hope Vince and Shawn get the "You screwed Bret" chants directed towards them for the rest of their careers.

Owen Hart: Owen was one of my favorite wrestlers, and there are some great stories about Owen through out the book, and the chapter on his death is as depressing as anyone can imagine, and brought the bad kinds of tears to my eyes.

In closing, no matter what any Bret Hart haters may think, Bret never cared more about cash, he never held anyone down in the business, he never injured anyone, his matches always looked realistic, he only refused to job once and for good reason, and he never screwed anyone over, and he didn't deserve to get screwed, or have his career ended the way it ended.

I will always be grateful to Bret for being my hero and inspiration. He provided many great memories for me, and whenever I think about the people and things that made my youth what it was, Bret will always be among them.

All and all, Bret's book is a great read that I think anyone, rather it be a Bret Hart fan, a former or current wrestling fan, wrestling hopefuls, and all lovers of reading, non-wrestling fan or not, will greatly enjoy the story about the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

.44 Magdalene
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
tl;dr

Xero
05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
bh;dr

redoneja
05-31-2009, 08:25 PM
How do I join the Zeeboe book club?

thedamndest
05-31-2009, 08:28 PM
I plan on starting this as soon as I finish Roots.

Zeeboe
05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
How do I join the Zeeboe book club?

:) Don't worry, it'll most likely be my last book review on here. I only posted reviews for the two books because Bret and Shawn are a hot topic.

I plan on starting this as soon as I finish Roots.

That's one I plan to read in due time. :y:

KYR
05-31-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll wait for the Zeeboe extract in this month's Readers Digest.

Xero
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Bret Hart is cool.

redoneja
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
:) Don't worry, it'll most likely be my last book review on here. I only posted reviews for the two books because Bret and Shawn are a hot topic.

Yea, I actually just bought this book and am almost finished. Alot of interesting insight into the backstage side of things. Especially in the early 90's.

Loose Cannon
05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
I was actually going to make a thread about this today. I have only got to around 1987 thus far, but this is a tremendous book for WWE fans. To keep it short because I know you guys hate reading long posts, pick this book up you if want to hear some great backstage stories about WWE. I knew of a lot of shit that went on, but I learned a lot more already. I never knew there was this wrestler named Tom McGee that Vince and co wanted to push as the next Hulk Hogan. I didn't know Jake got suspended in mid 87 for drug use. Bret Hart fan or not, I think a lot of you would enjoy this.

CSL
05-31-2009, 09:26 PM
I plan on starting this as soon as I finish The Death of WCW

DaveWadding
05-31-2009, 10:33 PM
np;dr

ministrychick77
06-01-2009, 12:13 AM
i'll read this after i get done re-reading angle's book..

Zen v.W.o.
06-01-2009, 01:02 AM
i'll read this after i get done re-reading angle's book..

Why would anyone wanna read that book, let alone twice?

Savio
06-01-2009, 01:22 AM
im tired of hearing brets name honestly

KYR
06-01-2009, 01:26 AM
We shall refer to him dishonestly in the future.

ministrychick77
06-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Why would anyone wanna read that book, let alone twice?

just means i'm not sure i wanna read bret's book

KYR
06-01-2009, 01:40 AM
just means i'm not sure i wanna read bret's book dishonestly

Fixed.

Sovereigntywillpr
06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Besides the formation of the clique and bret being invited in and how he didn’t want to hang with that crowed cause they had pills in their mouth all the time (mostly singled out Hall but in a caring and worried way) and had made sure to say that Nash was the exception. Besides Owen and Bret the hart foundation/family was the same, I think it was the Cliques quest for political power that upset him the most and made him not join.

But you’re absolutely right about him not saying bad about Shawn until after MTL, and even that night he took him at his word. Before that he has nothing but good things to say about Shawn’s talent. He knew that Shawn was the future of the WWF along with him and he would have to be competitive with him as there was only one top spot. Also mentioning Shawn stealing the Ladder match that Shawn apparently said he would do on TV first with Bret (Coliseum home video doesn’t count, I meant PPV) as it was an invention of stampede wrestling and Bret pulled Shawn aside(he also told McMahon who had a Bonner for it, and I’m sure had something to do with this too) to tell him about the concept if he didn’t tell anyone. Than Shawn turns around and tries to outshine him at Wrestlmania X the night Bret and Owen put on one of the best technical matches ever, a long exciting opening match that set Owen out of Brets shadow in the fans eyes with no questions asked. With Bret going on to win the WWF Title in not the greatest match, but probably his greatest WWF title win, also cementing him as not just a transitional champion between Flair and Hogan)

So no, he doesn’t complain about Shawn Michaels anymore than his friends who deserved it (dynamite crazy on drugs kicking him in the head, that could have been a Goldberg insisted and we would be having this conversation or know who Bret Hart is.

His childhood was pretty ruff but he seemed to appreciate it, I don’t think he would trade in all the cats, the wrestling ring in the backyard along with about a dozen Cadillac’s that don’t run, giving up Fridays for the Friday night shows that he never got to see until he got a VCR. That he saved up to buy a car wrestling/reffing/putting up the ring all summer, even being screwed by his brother for that same car, he probably thought of loosing all that money as life lesson he got earlier in life rather than later. I don’t think he’d even take back being put in holds were your eyeballs pop out Sunday nights after dinner with his dad wearing a T-shirt with Hawaiian weed on it.

However I do think it’s a shame (I think it was Smith with the car, or was smith the one who passed?) I found the relationship with his siblings to be pretty sad. The ones he did get along with all seemed to pass away way to hung.. Bruce was jealous; the one with the car was a pure asshole degenerate. Diana would turn on him in a second it seemed, and from what I’ve gathered(could be just his opinion) Ellie only cares about Ellie ( wonder if Natalya is like that, why didn’t she say my uncle Bret/Owen when they were naming family last week on ECW, just Jim and Davey-boy) although a lot of family’s are like that and don’t like to show it to the outside world, they had it pretty bad...there was a lot of factors making it a very complex situation I guess. Not to mention having to win a gold metal to be (or feel) noticed by your father.

As for the Screw job, as both Vince and Bret have a valid point, Shawn doesn’t. Vince made a verbal contract with Bret before the match and broke it. It’s as simple as that. Bret could have walked out there on live PPV and said he lost his smile before the match, cut mic. Be on nitro with an open mic the next night. But he sat down with Vince and tried to do the professional thing, he did and Vince didn’t. Vince was just trying to protect what he built and desperate men do despite things.

I think Vince let Bret go to WCW knowing they wouldn’t be able to fix his character, WCW was only in the states (as far as TV tapings) were Bret was an international star who was now hated by many Americans. WCW paid a lot for him. It was a lot of money for a lot of nothing. I think Vince may had foreseen or even planed this.

I liked hearing stories like Nash (“you fucking owe me one”) after their title match. Yet he doesn’t admit it he was the worst for swearing on TV you could lip read fuck and cocksucker all the time. Some of the ribbing was bad and I agree some crossed the line but it’s just part of that world and paying your dues and what not, also could for moral. I can’t stand people who want to get rid of things like hazing (although I admit some people take it to far) it always been part of a boys club type thing, sports teams etc. If you can’t handle it like everyone ells than maybe you don’t belong there. As long as nobody is singled out.

The warrior is a piece of shit yes... and I think all the wrestlers saw that kid and warrior just left all together actually. Dynamite was an asshole but he just needed help, opiates can give some people an ego and turn them into assholes, normally nice people take a pill and turn into an asshole, its a rare reaction to something that sedates you but I’ve seen it. I kinda feel bad for him as he got his ego knocked right out of his mouth literally. He just needed medical help, I’m sure he was manic-depressive or something while being on opiates, speed and steroids. I’m sure there was a nice person inside sometimes (like Bret described) but he was being covered up by the bully part of him, with help he could have always been the nice guy. It’s a shame he never recovered mentally from the Rugeau thing. He also was bitter after burning most of his bridges while using drugs. To this day he’s on IV pain killers and Fentanil (80 the strength of morphine) in a patch form, this is probably for him to feel normal, he still probably has pain buy doesn’t crave drugs as much(as they’re being released in his body slowly in between IV shots, tragic story...doesn’t he have a book of his own?)

As for this being a book wrestling schools should hand out, you’re absolutely right, the tape recorder maid the documentation more real and not his memories that evolved into what he wanted them to sound like. This makes you meet all the different kinds of people you’ll meet in the business as well as many of the tricks wrestlers and promoters play. And what wrestlers went down what path and were they ended up. As well as the peer p(L)reasure they will be faced with, among other things. Also a good heads up that turtle penis will give you a boner for a few days.

KYR
06-01-2009, 04:15 PM
WTF???

I'm not reading that.

Xero
06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I read the first six words, saw Kliq misspelled and stopped.

KYR
06-01-2009, 04:18 PM
:rofl: I did exactly the same.

KYR
06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I also did a 'word count' on 'Bret'.

Xero
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
If Noid comes in here we may need a new server.

KYR
06-01-2009, 04:21 PM
A couple of Cray's should handle it.

Xero
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe.

KYR
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
When a new book comes out, the only feedback I'm after is: Is it worth a read?

I'm not interested in an absolute critique of every chapter - I can do that myself when I read it and make my own evaluation.

Yes, feel free to add a couple of pertinent comments and relate an amusing part of the book, but FFS don't give me tomes of critical notes.

Rob
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley and Dynamite Kid. Read all their books. If you are fan of Flairs then check his too. Same for Edge.

Discard the rest. They are all shit.

Savio
06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I liked both of foleys books....The 2nd more than the first

Loose Cannon
06-01-2009, 05:31 PM
When a new book comes out, the only feedback I'm after is: Is it worth a read?

I'm not interested in an absolute critique of every chapter - I can do that myself when I read it and make my own evaluation.

Yes, feel free to add a couple of pertinent comments and relate an amusing part of the book, but FFS don't give me tomes of critical notes.

so you're saying you enjoyed my review? :naughty:

Loose Cannon
06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley and Dynamite Kid. Read all their books. If you are fan of Flairs then check his too. Same for Edge.

I liked Bichoff's, but I am a fan of his. haven't read Jericho's or Tom's yet.

Zeeboe
06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Blah, don't listen to these boys, Sovereigntywillpr. They're just lazy. I enjoy reading. The longer the posts, the better I say, and I read your post, and I appreciate the response. Good post too. :y:

As for me, I'm a selfish guy for the most part. Any one of you can quote me on that. :) I typed that first post more for me because they're my reflections of the book. I just wanted to share it with the world in case someone find some use of if. If you didn't, tough, cause I don't regret typing it. :D

CSL
06-01-2009, 06:02 PM

There are 3. I have been reading the 3rd for over 2 years now. I finished Have A Nice Day within a week and probably about the same for Foley Is Good. That is my review of the 3rd book.

NeanderCarl
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
I read the first six words, saw Kliq misspelled and stopped.

Ya know... the "Kliq" was the pet name for Shawn Michaels' fan base in the mid 90s. And that was pretty much around the time the backstage clique disbanded and went their seperate ways. The Michaels / Nash / Hall / Waltman / Trips group, when together, were always written as "the clique". So he's not wrong.

KYR
06-01-2009, 06:52 PM

:y: This tells me all I need to know.

:y: See. Now having not read either I will now read his second book.

so you're saying you enjoyed my review? :naughty:

:y: Concise and to the point with a short anecdote.

:y: I read Bischoff's and I agree.

There are 3. I have been reading the 3rd for over 2 years now. I finished Have A Nice Day within a week and probably about the same for Foley Is Good. That is my review of the 3rd book.

:y: Again supports my case to read the second book first.

Ya know... the "Kliq" was the pet name for Shawn Michaels' fan base in the mid 90s. And that was pretty much around the time the backstage clique disbanded and went their seperate ways. The Michaels / Nash / Hall / Waltman / Trips group, when together, were always written as "the clique". So he's not wrong.

:n: I don't care. But your post was short and I read it. :y:

KYR
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Blah, don't listen to these boys, Sovereigntywillpr. They're just lazy. I enjoy reading. The longer the posts, the better I say, and I read your post, and I appreciate the response. Good post too. :y:

As for me, I'm a selfish guy for the most part. Any one of you can quote me on that. :) I typed that first post more for me because they're my reflections of the book. I just wanted to share it with the world in case someone find some use of if. If you didn't, tough, cause I don't regret typing it. :D

I read this post. If your original post had've been this concise I would have read that as well.

KYR
06-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Good God. Am I turning into BDC :(

Savio
06-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I will let you know that more people liked Foleys first book the best, His first book was more about his time before being a wrestler upto his first title win. His second was there after. I liked the second more because I started watching wrestling mid 1998

NeanderCarl
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
The second book was just a brief catch up of the last year of his full-time career (a lot of which he spent on the shelf), his early days as commissioner and then at least a third of his book is facts, figures and research about how WWE gets a bad rap. It's a fun read, but basically a cash-in on the success of his first book, which is far far far far FAR FAR FAR superior.

To sum up the wrestling biogs I've read....

Believe the hype:
The best three wrestling autobiographies ever released truly are 'Have A Nice Day' by Mick Foley, 'Hitman' by Bret Hart and 'A Lion's Tale' by Chris Jericho.

Also recommended:
Dynamite Kid, Ric Flair and Steve Austin's tomes are worth a look too. And both of Bobby Heenan's books are hilarious, touching and packed with brilliant wrestling stories. My only complaint is that they're too short. Foley's second and third books don't hit the same spot as 'Have A Nice Day', but are well worth a read too.

The others:
* Roddy Piper's is too vague, short and obviously ghostwritten (and incredibly egotistical).
* Hulk Hogan's is good for a laugh, but you'll have to pick it up from the Fiction section.
* HBK's is a lot less honest than one might expect from 'Mr. Born Again' and lacks depth.
* Eric Bischoff's is interesting but probably should be taken with a pinch of salt.
* Ted DiBiase's second book (published by WWE) lacks detail, it focuses mainly on his wrestling career (unlike the his first book which had a large focus on his religious life, I believe) but skims over far too many big moments.
* The Rock's is pretty piss poor, far too noticably not written by him and almost as smug as Piper's.
* Jerry Lawler's is okay, but mainly focuses on his Memphis days (understandably) which doesn't hold much interest for me, having not been privy to ANY Memphis stuff until around 1993. Not a bad book though, just a little boring at times.

I definitely need to get a hold of some more books soon. Should try get a hold of Terry Funk, William Regal, Harvey Wippleman, Gary Capetta and Vince Russo's soon.

CSL
06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I got a huge kick out of Regal's since he was born like a mile away from where I live, watching old shows at venues I walk past every day etc. Also the drug stories are pretty shocking

Theo Dious
06-01-2009, 11:20 PM
* Hulk Hogan's is good for a laugh, but you'll have to pick it up from the Fiction section.

I bought Hogan's for a dollar. It's worth five times that just for humor value.

Rob
06-02-2009, 03:07 AM

Dynamite's is good but he is extremely bitter and you won't like him as a person once you've finished reading it.

Chris Jericho's might actually be the best one of them all. And this is coming from a well known Bret Hart mark who read his book in 3 days and then read the Jericho book after it.

Disturbed316
06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Finished reading this about a week ago and was rather shocked by what a slut Bret was on the road. Liked the rib where they told all the wrestlers about the statue of Stu. Very funny stuff.

I loved Jericho's book aswell, would recommend that to everyone.

Zeeboe
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Finished reading this about a week ago and was rather shocked by what a slut Bret was on the road.

As was I, but ALL the wrestlers are like that. Flair and Lawler admit to messing around a lot on the road too in their books. I don't think there was one wrestler who didn't sleep with ring rats.

ministrychick77
06-02-2009, 06:25 PM
i got angle's book for $5. wasn't that good really.

jericho's book was the best so far. eddie's book was good too.

Lux
06-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Had a pretty spot on Angle/TNA joke lined up

fucking dropped the ball :(

Sixx
06-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Goldberg should've kicked him harder.

The MAC
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I should have kicked your mother harder when she was pregnant with you

Verbose Minch
06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Goldberg should've kicked him harder.

I never understood this. You don't like the wrestler, so you wish he could've gotten even more seriously injured? You're fucked up if you're wishing that on other people.

Sixx
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow, do you take everything you read on the internet seriously? I just wish he faded away.

Zeeboe
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow, do you take everything you read on the internet seriously? I just wish he faded away.

Wish in one hand, then spit in another, and see what happens first.

As for your first comment: Bret Hart is a human being with a family. He dedicated his life to entertaining you and I. So yeah, when his life is at risk, some of us who recognize and appreciate the hard work the wrestlers do, and don't just think of them as circus animals, take it very seriously.

Vince McMahon and other promoters treat wrestlers like they have no feelings, but too many fans do the same exact thing. Some people just think that the wrestlers are video game characters or something, and they act like it's not a big deal when one of the wrestlers dies, or get seriously injuried. Heck, some people make jokes about it. They can be so cold-hearted and uncompassionate. It's disgusting. They pretend hearing about a wrestler dying is no different then seeing a dead dear on the side of the road.

I'm not saying everyone should cry over every wrestler that dies, or send "get well" cards to the ones that get hurt, but I don't think people should make jokes about it either. :n: Not just because of who they are or what they do, but because they're human. :y:

NeanderCarl
06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
LEAVE BRET HART ALONE! SERIOUSLY! LEAVE HIM ALOOOOOOONE!

Sixx
06-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Wish in one hand, then spit in another, and see what happens first.

As for your first comment: Bret Hart is a human being with a family. He dedicated his life to entertaining you and I. So yeah, when his life is at risk, some of us who recognize and appreciate the hard work the wrestlers do, and don't just think of them as circus animals, take it very seriously.

Vince McMahon and other promoters treat wrestlers like they have no feelings, but too many fans do the same exact thing. Some people just think that the wrestlers are video game characters or something, and they act like it's not a big deal when one of the wrestlers dies, or get seriously injuried. Heck, some people make jokes about it. They can be so cold-hearted and uncompassionate. It's disgusting. They pretend hearing about a wrestler dying is no different then seeing a dead dear on the side of the road.

I'm not saying everyone should cry over every wrestler that dies, or send "get well" cards to the ones that get hurt, but I don't think people should make jokes about it either. :n: Not just because of who they are or what they do, but because they're human. :y:

I understand your point, still I think a bit differently. I take internet for a place to make stupid jokes, talk about retarded things and don't get offended by it.
And I personally never take the stuff on message boards seriously, even when it comes to bashing me , it's all fun.