PDA

View Full Version : DVD Jewel Case Insert

sadio8
06-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Okay so i'm thinking of buying a bunch of single case dvd jewel cases for a bunch of dvd's i've burned.

I want to a create a label for the actual dvd disc itself and for the jewel case.

A few questions.

1. For anyone who has tried this out. How has your experience been? More specifically, with putting a label on the dvd disc itself, did any damage occur or anything like that?

2. If i plan to create a custom label for the dvd jewl case as well, is there any specific software that I should use.... to create the customized dvd jewel case? I'm not sure if different manufacturer's/companies use the same/different measurements/dimensions for dvd jewel cases.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated as always :):):)

KYR
06-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't use labels.

I have a printer that prints directly onto printable discs - works sensationally well. The printer (Canon) also came with it's own software to create your own designs.

I generally just grab label images off the 'Net and print these directly onto blank discs for movies, albums etc.

I also grab DVD cover images and print these on gloss paper for the DVD covers. Ditto for CD's.

bigdaddysuperfreak
06-05-2009, 06:19 AM
If you are going to use labels on a burned dvd it would be best to apply the label first and then burn the copy. I have heard that if you do it the other way around it messes up the balance of the disk.

gatoconbotas
07-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Make sure whatever label you put on the disk, it is a full circle. You don't want to do anything other than that because it will unbalance the disk, end up destroying the disk and damaging the player.

If you want to make a matching label for the case and the DVD, I would say a SATO printer would work well. It's what most video stores use to label their DVDs...you can adjust what prints on it, the size, etc., and they're fairly easy to use.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Check to see if your DVD burner does LightScribe as well, fucking awesome tech. Laser burns an actual image to the disc itsself.

http://www.lightscribe.co.uk/