PDA

View Full Version : Best deleted scene you have watched

Savio
06-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Whats the best deleted scene...you have seen?

thedamndest
06-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Probably something from Eraser.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I dunno...hard to think of right now. I'm sure there's a slew I'm forgetting.

The one that stands out most to me right now is the scene in Return of the King where the mouth of Sauron comes out to talk to the characters, and tells them he killed Frodo.
Just sticks out to me as an incredibly good scene, and the character is pretty scary.
It also changes the entire scope of the ending, with them fighting for "nothing".
Never should have cut that.

Fignuts
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Yoda arriving on dagobah was pretty cool.

Best was probably the extra scenes in the Spiderman vs Doctor Octopus train fight.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I agree with Yoda on Dagobah. I thought of that too. I suppose they were trying to avoid the too many endings thing, but I don't think it would have hurt.
It was all of 30 seconds.

Fignuts
06-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, they even said in the commentary that it was their biggest regret.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Still, regrets are only temporary in the world of Star Wars. By that I of course mean the revised DVD releases.
Personally, I'm all for them adding the Yoda scene back in.

My stance on the special editions is half and half. I hate some of the changes, but I also kind of like a few. Basically, I'm all for the ones that incorporate effective deleted scenes, or improve cosmetic things.

The only ones that really bother me is the change of Boba Fett's voice in Empire, and the musical number in Jedi.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
There are some really really funny deleted scenes in Role Models.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Yea, comedy movies often have great deleted scenes. Usually they're cut for length, and some funny stuff is left on the table.

mitch_h
06-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Not really a deleted scene... but it's hilarious so i'll post it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkeLGisUHtc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkeLGisUHtc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nowhere Man
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Since Fignuts mentioned Episode III, I have to mention the series of deleted scenes that show how Padme more or less laid out the groundwork for the Rebel Alliance. For one, it made her character a lot more interesting than the clingy, corny, useless bitch that she wound up being in the final cut. And secondly, because that origin for the Rebellion still makes infinitely more sense than the mess they came up with in The Force Unleashed.

Mickey Rourke's last phone call to his daughter in one of the deleted scenes of The Wrestler was another one of my favorites.

Savio
06-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I like the run away train scene from shanghi noon with Jackie chan trying to get the book