PDA

View Full Version : Wrestler seriously injured at CZW show

Rob
06-07-2009, 06:05 AM
From F4Wonline.com

Wrestler seriously injured in light tube accident
Nick Gage suffered a serious injury, reported as severing a main artery when taking a bump on a light tube that resulted in him being sliced on his side from armpit to hip. He was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital where he was rushed into the operating room.

Gage never passed out, but was losing a sick amount of blood which didn't let up, in Combat Zone Wrestling's annual Tournament of Death, held in a makeshift setting in the backyard of wrestler D.J. Hyde's parents house in Delaware. The injury took place in the tournament finals, a light tube death match against Thumbtack Jack.

When Gage was injured, he ran to the back in a panic. Nobody knew what to do, and the wrestlers got into the ring and had an impromptu Battle Royal. Zandig threw out a few people, and even though there were plenty of wrestlers left, it was stopped and ruled Zandig as the winner of the tournament that he wasn't in to begin with.

The crowd of about 250 fans were not allowed to leave the area until an hour after the show, because there was only one way out and they didn't want to block if the ambulance was needed to get him out.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to get seriously hurt over these light tube to be honest.

DrA
06-07-2009, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't expect anything less from Thumbtack Jack.

Gertner
06-07-2009, 07:38 AM
lol in the backyard of dj hyde's parents house.

blake639raw
06-07-2009, 08:19 AM
I heard his intestines were falling out, and he had to hold them in with his arm. :eek:

Volare
06-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Where's the kid shooting for CZW at now?

Theo Dious
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Holy shit this is fucking vile.

I mean, CZW still exists? What kind of just and loving God would allow that?!

Splaya
06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Where's the video, I wanna see

Mr. Monday Morning
06-07-2009, 09:57 AM
When Gage was injured, he ran to the back in a panic. Nobody knew what to do, and the wrestlers got into the ring and had an impromptu Battle Royal. Zandig threw out a few people, and even though there were plenty of wrestlers left, it was stopped and ruled Zandig as the winner of the tournament that he wasn't in to begin with.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah that's CZW alright

Splaya
06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
LOL Allegedly Gage went to the back and wanted to work the match after getting checked out

The Chris Rosa
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, he's definitely hardcore.

CSL
06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to get seriously hurt over these light tube to be honest.

:y:

Also, 250 fans?! I don't know who the bigger marks are, the people in the crowd or the workers themselves

Sting Fan
06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Had I only ever been a casual fan I might have actualy thought this was a pisstake it sounds so ridiculous.

However as i know the vile steaming donkey turd that is CZW exists I laughed.

AJHayes
06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Where is Sadistic when we need him? He was always good for a laugh.

Why is this backyard garbage publicized? Knowing them, they'll publicize this as the "BLOODIEST MATCH EVER" and double their sales to 4 burnt dvds labeled with a sharpie.

FourFifty
06-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Holy shit this is fucking vile.

I mean, CZW still exists? What kind of just and loving God would allow that?!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/stormshaman/ohoq9.jpg

kareru
06-07-2009, 10:52 AM
oh thats it , im defiantly getting the TOD dvd now

Rammsteinmad
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah I wanna see this!!!

I hope it was worth it in front of 250 people.

kareru
06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
reports have come in and nick "fucking" gage is doing great, i remember 1 TOD when they sprayed lighter fluid on top of a sheet of glass and nick gage was supposed to suplex...erm i cant remember who, but anyway nick suplexes him and hist the brunt of the flaming glass sheet, and as anyone will tell you lighter fluid doesn't absorb into glass like it does with tables, so when he hits the table the lighter fluid flies up into the air and all over nick gage, he stood up and ran frantically trying to put the fire out, it was about 2 or 3 minutes before the fire was out, and his back was burnt to a crisp

i fucking love death match wrestling

kareru
06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHmltnqIHU8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHmltnqIHU8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ahh i seem to have found it, enjoy

RP
06-07-2009, 12:01 PM
lol this retard

I hope he dies

road doggy dogg
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Darwinism in action.
crossrine

Theo Dious
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm not going to go the RP route but I was disappointed to find out that he's "doing great." That basically just means that neither he nor anyone else is likely to learn from this experience.

kareru
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm not going to go the RP route but I was disappointed to find out that he's "doing great." That basically just means that neither he nor anyone else is likely to learn from this experience.

shit happens

and light tubes + wrestling = win

Theo Dious
06-07-2009, 12:15 PM
If by win you mean a jackass nearly eviscerating himself, then yeah, we're on the same page here.

CSL
06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
shit happens

and light tubes + wrestling = win

Please don't use the word 'wrestling' in relation to this bollocks

Supreme Olajuwon
06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Good, let them try it again. The quicker people like this are out of the gene pool the better.

Wehttam
06-07-2009, 12:41 PM
shit happens

and light tubes + wrestling = winno

Nark Order
06-07-2009, 12:46 PM
NOBODY could've saw this coming!

Xero
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I do not feel sorry for him.

At all.

Volare
06-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Ditto.

Xero
06-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I can enjoy a good "extreme" match when I know the participants aren't reckless to the point that the spot is more important than safety. Something like Edge/Foley, they took the right precautions at all points. Then again, Foley knows what he's doing in this type of match.

Maybe I'm a huge pussy, but I can't enjoy a match that comes off unsafe for the sake of being unsafe.

Gertner
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!

Volare
06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
What, that CZW has finally been made to look like retards? All this proves now is that we have undisputed video proof that these guys don't have any controll over their "wrestling" (HA!) product.

Vastardikai
06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Next year, the "Tournament of Death" is gonna end in a real Death, and Zandig is gonna win again.

Nark Order
06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm sure if the media gets ahold of this they'll somehow blame it on Vince. They always find some way to make McMahon look like some evil blood thirsty madman that wants all wrestlers to be drugged up sadomasochists.

owenbrown
06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I can enjoy a good "extreme" match when I know the participants aren't reckless to the point that the spot is more important than safety. Something like Edge/Foley, they took the right precautions at all points. Then again, Foley knows what he's doing in this type of match.

Maybe I'm a huge pussy, but I can't enjoy a match that comes off unsafe for the sake of being unsafe.

That's the point. Edge/Foley was in a controlled environment where they know what the hell they are doing and can perform the extreme spot properly, NOT in some dumbasses backyard where there is a greater risk of serious injury and/or possible death. I wonder if the CZW marks from the fat kids moms' basement are gonna make another "shoot" video saying how "hardcore" CZW is. :roll:

CSL
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I wonder if the CZW marks from the fat kids moms' basement are gonna make another "shoot" video saying how "hardcore" CZW is. :roll:

Probably. Decent chance this is like the holy grail of incidents for the YardTards

Kane Knight
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Sadistic passed out today, having suffered an erection lasting more than four hours.

owenbrown
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!

Tony Schiavone reached a new low by announcing for CZW?! :eek:

:shifty:

Nicky Fives
06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
dumbasses deserve all the injuries they get... THIS IS NOT WRESTLING!!!

AJHayes
06-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Kareru, that is not wrestling. It is garbage.

Get your terminology straight.

Vastardikai
06-07-2009, 07:02 PM
I think we can all agree that the story should have read:

"Retard seriously injured at CZW show. In other news, the sky is blue."

Stickman
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
If I was wrestling infront of 250 people I wouldn't even take a chair shot.

DrA
06-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Wasn't there another promotion similar to this that did stupid shit like this all the time? XWF or something?

redoneja
06-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Jesus Christ what an idiot. In front of 250 people. FOR 250 PEOPLE. Let's call a spade a spade, this isn't hardcore wrestling, it's GARBAGE Wrestling. These idiots are beating the shit out of each other for absolutely nothing. What was the Jim Cornette quote from his latest commentary? Something like, "Years ago we used to pretend to hurt each other and the fans thought it was real, now we legit hurt each other and the fans think it's fake? Who are the marks now?"

Nic Gage, or Cage, or whatever his name is can keep mutilating himself for all I care. He'll be less remembered than TL Hopper. Give me a fucking break.

redoneja
06-07-2009, 11:32 PM
That's the point. Edge/Foley was in a controlled environment where they know what the hell they are doing and can perform the extreme spot properly, NOT in some dumbasses backyard where there is a greater risk of serious injury and/or possible death. I wonder if the CZW marks from the fat kids moms' basement are gonna make another "shoot" video saying how "hardcore" CZW is. :roll:

Not only that, but the bumps Foley took actually meant something. They served a purpose in the story he and the guy he was working with were trying to tell. The shit is on par to me and you, owenbrown, getting a bunch of friends together and letting them watch us kick the shit out of each other with sale items from the local hardware store.

road doggy dogg
06-08-2009, 01:36 AM
For what it's worth, I'd pay good money to see someone throw a John Deere at owenbrown :foc:
crossrine

Kane Knight
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Jesus Christ what an idiot. In front of 250 people. FOR 250 PEOPLE. Let's call a spade a spade, this isn't hardcore wrestling, it's GARBAGE Wrestling. These idiots are beating the shit out of each other for absolutely nothing. What was the Jim Cornette quote from his latest commentary? Something like, "Years ago we used to pretend to hurt each other and the fans thought it was real, now we legit hurt each other and the fans think it's fake? Who are the marks now?"

Nic Gage, or Cage, or whatever his name is can keep mutilating himself for all I care. He'll be less remembered than TL Hopper. Give me a fucking break.

I don't care if you're doing this in front of 250 people in your Mom's back yard or doing it in front of thousands at MSG and millions on PPV, the kind of "wrestling" they do is utter shite. Period.

redoneja
06-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Agreed. We shouldn't call it wrestling though, not even "wrestling". It's garbage.

kareru
06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
you're such wrestling snobs

sure i like the scientific/technical match but i also love seeing guys almost bleed to death after being put through a flaming glass table.

czw isnt always about the death match they actually have some competent technical wrestlers and high fliers.

CSL
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Yes, they do. In fact, the guy that got hurt is actually mildly capable. However, this was not one of those occasions where he used those skills and was doing that shit instead.

road doggy dogg
06-08-2009, 11:38 AM
lol
crossrine

The Mackem
06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't expect anything less from Thumbtack Jack.

They tried to say he was going to go easy on him as well. He proved the doubters wrong.

redoneja
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Really feel like invading the CZW message board and their "get well soon" thread for this idiot.

Rob
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
If I was wrestling infront of 250 people I wouldn't even take a chair shot.

I wouldn't take an armbar.

The Mackem
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Fucking Rob Warrior Hawk.

The Mackem
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM
or Harvey

Xero
06-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Fucking Rob Warrior Hawk.

lol

thecc
06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I wonder if Gage has the GUTS to show up at Best of the fucking Best next weekend? from czwfans. made me laugh

Gertner
06-08-2009, 01:13 PM

sure i like the scientific/technical match but i also love seeing guys almost bleed to death after being put through a flaming glass table.

czw isnt always about the death match they actually have some competent technical wrestlers and high fliers.

Nick Gage doesn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

Oh yeah, I said it.

kareru
06-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Nick Gage doesn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

Oh yeah, I said it.

oh no he di'ent

Dave Youell
06-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I wrestled in front of 205 people on the weekend and took chops, I feel like I should now be ashamed of myself

On the upside it wasn't in someone's back gardern

Nark Order
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Nick Gage? Is that you?

thedamndest
06-08-2009, 05:41 PM
You elitist swine who don't watch men like Nick Gage spill his blood on a trampoline on top of fluorescent lights are killing the backyard wrestling business.

kareru
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
come on

you either get hardcore wrestlers that get hit with light tubes to bleed

or you get emo wrestlers using razor blades

i'd rather have the light tubes to be honest

CSL
06-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Shut up

road doggy dogg
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
You elitist swine who don't watch men like Nick Gage spill his blood on a trampoline on top of fluorescent lights are killing the backyard wrestling business.

I don't like the tone of your voice. :foc:
crossrine

thecc
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
There was a point where I really enjoyed the non "ultra violent" stuff czw did. They really fell off post Mike Burns. If they completely took out everything over the top they could still be a decent fed for guys to get a start.

CSL
06-08-2009, 10:17 PM
LAYING THE LAW, ONCE AGAIN, PREPARE FOR WAR!

CSL
06-08-2009, 10:17 PM
^ Best thing ever about CZW ^

thecc
06-09-2009, 12:14 AM
LAYING THE LAW, ONCE AGAIN, PREPARE FOR WAR!<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-pl-N-YfAc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-pl-N-YfAc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CSL
06-09-2009, 12:21 AM
YES

thecc
06-09-2009, 12:26 AM
It really pisses me off that CZW paid way more attention to the death match dudes. They always had some of the most insanely fun jr. heavyweight matches I've seen. Alex Shelley ran that division in 2004.

CSL
06-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Well, the only reason I know that song is from an old 'The Wrestling Channel' promo for CZW, which featured none of the garbage stuff. There was one bit with a guy dropping an elbow after hanging on the lighting rig above the ring, pretty impressive as far as spots go

kareru
06-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Well, the only reason I know that song is from an old 'The Wrestling Channel' promo for CZW, which featured none of the garbage stuff. There was one bit with a guy dropping an elbow after hanging on the lighting rig above the ring, pretty impressive as far as spots go

oh shit, i used to watch the wrestling channel all the time, i cry now thinking of what happened to it

thecc
06-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I really wanna digout cage of death 6 and upload that match. It was seriously one of the craziest spotfests I've ever seen. It's no technical master piece but it's just really exciting to watch once in awhile.

thecc
06-09-2009, 12:35 AM
plus the hype video for it is incredible

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W3VdBKMRDVg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W3VdBKMRDVg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kareru
06-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I really wanna digout cage of death 6 and upload that match. It was seriously one of the craziest spotfests I've ever seen. It's no technical master piece but it's just really exciting to watch once in awhile.

lol i watched it last night

thecc
06-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Don't watch the last match. its so fucking pointless. like its 25 minutes of guys just hitting each other with shit. Then it ends with 2 guys both turning on their partners. It made the match matter even less than it did before.

Savio
06-09-2009, 12:49 AM
plus the hype video for it is incredible

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W3VdBKMRDVg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
ya its not bad for amateur