PDA

View Full Version : Official Monday Night RAW Dec.15 2003 Thread

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 07:54 PM
FALLOUT FROM ARMAGEDDON
Dec. 15, 2003
Armageddon was an unforgettable night for Evolution, as all four members walked away with gold. Triple H is the new World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton is the new Intercontinental Champion, and Batista & Ric Flair are the new World Tag Team Champions. With Co-General Manager Eric Bischoff firmly behind Evolution, it appears that the balance of power has shifted on RAW.
However, when Mick Foley came back to WWE as the new Co-General Manager of RAW, he said that he is going to have an administration that puts what the fans want first. Does this mean that Foley will have a plan for Evolution on RAW? Tune in to find out, watch RAW at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

Coming off the heels of his devastating defeat at the hands of Booker T last night at Armageddon, Mark Henry will be looking for revenge when he teams up with Matt Hardy to battle Maven and Booker.

Also, Eric Bischoff's Battle of the Sexes was a big hit for the men, as Christian and Chris Jericho defeated Lita and Trish Stratus. Tonight, Eric Bischoff presents Battle of the Sexes 2, as Christian and Y2J team up again to face Lita and Stratus.

Jon Heidenreich is scheduled to take on Rico.

Finally at Armageddon, Foley announced that one million people have signed the petition to bring Stone Cold Steve Austin back to RAW!

moshingfreak
12-15-2003, 08:06 PM
credit to raw.wwe.com

Kenny
12-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Damn Wrestling God you're on top of your shit.

Tonights Raw should be interesting... being the follow up of last nights PPV it'll be cool to see how they work things out.

Thing is, Hopefully they don't pusht he Royal Rumble back for a Smackdown PPV... that way we'll see a lot of new storylines develope tonight.

The CyNick
12-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Not really looking forward to tonights show. We get to see HHH brag about how he's the GAME-ahhhhh and he's the best-ahhhh. Been there done that many many times.

I was reading something on Meltzer's site and he was saying it would make sense for them to announce that Austin will be back the RAW after Christmas which is in San Anotonio. They should advertise that ahead of time, and with the Best of Show next week they can promote the thing for almost two weeks, which should get a decent number, and at the same time piss off anyone who ordered Survivor Series, but thats another topic altogether.

John Heindenreich gets another TV match, who did I piss off to deserve that one?

I hate rematches from a PPV the next night, it makes paying for the PPV seem useless.

They have to start up something for the Rumble, and since HHH killed off all the babyfaces I'm not so sure who they can put in the World title match at the Rumble. Maybe they'll do some type of tag, who knows.

I dont really see where this Orton-HHH is going to go now, because with HHH winning the belt and Evolution being so dominant at the PPV there is no reason for Orton to kick HHH out of Evolution. Maybe they've scrapped the idea, again who knows.

On a positive note, the last few weeks have been good shows, so maybe this week will continue the trend. They need to finish off with some type of cliffhanger or like I mentioned the Austin tease to make sure people will come back after Christmas.

Ricky
12-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Where is the person who always does PBP?

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:04 PM
:rofl: goldust needs to join evolution and be triple Hs bitch so they can have all the Gold.

Ricky
12-15-2003, 09:07 PM
LOL u r funny

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:09 PM
jericho better be going face

MVP
12-15-2003, 09:10 PM
So many opportunities lost for Jericho to turn face. :nono:

PoisonIvy
12-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Face, Heel, He's still da man.

Deceit
12-15-2003, 09:13 PM
YES! jericho face turn!!

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 09:15 PM
:| :nono: Lita almost broke her neck again

Volchok
12-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Finally they gave us what we've been dying for... someone telling bishoff off...HELL YEAH! and who better to do it then the King Of Bling Bling... Y2J Chris Jericho!

Kenny
12-15-2003, 09:23 PM
This has been great so far.

Jericho turns face, Jericho vs Kane later on. That's awesome.

Lita took a bump, big deal. Give the girl a break. She's an awesome woman, she's great with the fans, and she's given us a lot to Ohh and Ahh over and I'm not just talking about her body.

She's the only female wrestler in the history of the WWE to come back from an injury like she has, and since she's been back although I feel she's done more than fine she's gotten nothing but negative feedback.

When you come back from something like that the LAST thing you want to see are people saying "She doesn't got it"... that girl probably still has to battle fear every time she hits the top rope and she deserves her props for even going for a move like a moonsault after what happened.

That was a shameless way to start a Foley promo video by the way. Probably going to announce his wrestling come back soon.

Volchok
12-15-2003, 09:26 PM
didnt they just do the Bishoff's bitch vs. Co GM loser leaves match not even 2 months ago.. damn i mean i kno they recycle but.. this is pathetic...

Kenny
12-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Mick Foley vs Randy Orton... Bischoff's Job vs Foley's Job? Bad idea in my opinion.

This is gay... "I need Earl Hebner!" What the ****? I thought Raw was going too good. The WWE has a VERY bad problem with consistancy. This GM back and forth battle is getting old and no matter what it's going to be rough to get used to the WWE after tonight.

I got Two Words for ya'!!! Stay Consistant!!!!

asphyXy
12-15-2003, 09:30 PM
<font color=969696>Orton vs Foley for Intercontinental Title</font>

Volchok
12-15-2003, 09:31 PM
okay okay okay... evolution banned from ringside... bishoff banned from ringside... big whoop... you think thats gonna stop bishoff.. hellllll no... bishoff has other stooges then evolution... some way some how... foley is gettin screwd out of his co gm slot tonight.... damn foley should have banned the whole roster.. but then that would kill bishoff's plan...

Mr. JL
Foley WRESTLING!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deceit
Wonder how foley's going to do in the ring tonight. I wonder how this one is going to turn out too.

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey i wasn't knocking Lita, I just stated what I saw. Lita rocks man!!!

Kenny
12-15-2003, 09:33 PM
****.. Foley vs Orton for the IC Title... no matter what I lose this one. I love the IC title on Orton and I like Foley back as GM for a while. The only thing that will make up for this is if Stone Cold is back next week as a Co-GM and he's allowed to hit people in my book.

Oh well... tonight Raw Is Jericho!

Kenny
12-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Hey i wasn't knocking Lita, I just stated what I saw. Lita rocks man!!!

That's cool, but somebody is bound too sooner or later. LIta has a lot of fans but she also has huge knockers.

Volchok
12-15-2003, 09:37 PM
i feel people who have never watched wrestling in there lives would do a better job at booking storylines... the writers are gettin lazy...

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:37 PM
henry and booker t again??

Anybody Thrilla
12-15-2003, 09:39 PM
She's the only female wrestler in the history of the WWE to come back from an injury like she has, and since she's been back although I feel she's done more than fine she's gotten nothing but negative feedback.

When you come back from something like that the LAST thing you want to see are people saying "She doesn't got it"... that girl probably still has to battle fear every time she hits the top rope and she deserves her props for even going for a move like a moonsault after what happened.

I'm not entirely sure, because I don't entirely care, but wasn't Lita's injury due to her own reckless abandon? Either way, no, "she doesn't got it", and she never really did. She was all right back when the Women's Division was complete garbage, but that was like a piece of candy in a pile of feces....sure it looks better than what it's surrounded by, but I sure as hell don't wanna eat it.

The division now is so much more solid, and while the other ladies have been improving, Lita hasn't really improved much at all. Sure she still has that fear, that's totally understandable, but that fear may eventually lead to problems for other people. It was probably part of the reason she botched that moonsault tonight. You have to be sure of yourself and the person you're working with in the wrestling business. If she can't get that "fear" in check, she may become more of a liability than anything else.

All I'm really saying is if it IS broke, fix it. Lita's broken.

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:44 PM
There has to be some clause for the orton foley match. i dont see Orton losing the belt and Foley has only been here 3 weeks. So something is going to happen but i cant think of any thing that would make sense. Unless Austin is there.

Fryza
12-15-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm glad they aren't jobbing La Résistance every week or anything.

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:48 PM
La resistance vs. Goldberg...see what happens when Triple H comes back and takes your belt....low card

Fryza
12-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Yup, I've just lost respect for the WWE writers fully. Way to disrespect another country jackasses.

Y2Ant
12-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Foley won't win the IC title, why the **** are they even having that match

Bischoff is the man and all, but I wouldn't mind him pissing off for a bit, he's getting a bit boring :o

Jericho face turn though, :o!!

mylifeishell
12-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Goldberg gone for 30 days wtf? :eek:

Anybody Thrilla
12-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Yup, I've just lost respect for the WWE writers fully. Way to disrespect another country jackasses.

You JUST lost respect? That kind of thing is nothing new on Raw.

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Goldberg gone for 30 days wtf? :eek:
makes perfect sense isnt he the only wrestler that runs out and attacks everyone :shifty:

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Hey, I've been to a wrestling show in France and they do the exact same thing to the American flag. It doesn't make it right but every one does it.

Fryza
12-15-2003, 09:55 PM
You JUST lost respect? That kind of thing is nothing new on Raw.

I don't mean for their writings. I've lost respect for them as humans.

Loose Cannon
12-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Goldberg is not a Loose Cannon J.R. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Excellent show thus far though :y:

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 09:56 PM
micheals and foley had a moment lol

Anybody Thrilla
12-15-2003, 09:57 PM
I know that I, for one, feel better about the safety of the locker room with that loose cannon sidelined for thirty days. :lol:

But hey, that IS thirty days without Goldberg. Really doesn't sound too terrible to me. More room for John Heidenriech!

mylifeishell
12-15-2003, 09:58 PM
micheals and foley had a moment lol

And What A Moment It Was :lol: LMAO

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Rvd
HBK
Mr.Dvd
hhh

lota letter names

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I hope Rvd pins HHH so this lines him up for a title shot

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 10:14 PM
What? Rob Van Dam kicked out of a Pedigree? You don't see that everyday.

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:16 PM
well it was also a delay count....i wonder if the Dudleys are going to come down?

Kenny
12-15-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm not entirely sure, because I don't entirely care, but wasn't Lita's injury due to her own reckless abandon? Either way, no, "she doesn't got it", and she never really did. She was all right back when the Women's Division was complete garbage, but that was like a piece of candy in a pile of feces....sure it looks better than what it's surrounded by, but I sure as hell don't wanna eat it.

The division now is so much more solid, and while the other ladies have been improving, Lita hasn't really improved much at all. Sure she still has that fear, that's totally understandable, but that fear may eventually lead to problems for other people. It was probably part of the reason she botched that moonsault tonight. You have to be sure of yourself and the person you're working with in the wrestling business. If she can't get that "fear" in check, she may become more of a liability than anything else.

All I'm really saying is if it IS broke, fix it. Lita's broken.

Big deal she missed a moonsault. She hasn't botched that many moves lately. It's just now every time a wrestler bothces a move you have a story posted on every wrestling site and 10,000 post about it with people saying how much you suck while getting ready to go to work at Burger King.

Lita will get back in the game, she's already there in my opinion. She's really no worse than a lot of the other women in the WWE. Everyone was cheering for Molly but the only things I see out of Molly I like are the Molly-go-round and the handspring elbow in the corner.

Not taking anything away from Molly but shit, give these people a break.

Kenny
12-15-2003, 10:18 PM
I hope Rvd pins HHH so this lines him up for a title shot

Hell that happens twice a year doesn't it?

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:23 PM
pushing hbk like crazy.....ill allow it

Kenny
dihasuildfhaksudfhiooooooooooooooooooojklasdhfasdjklfhajklasdfh ****IN' YES! HBK clean pin over Triple H on ****in' RAW! That is good shit.

Deceit
Michaels is on a roll lately! Clean pin on HHH with no one around in the ring!!??

Deceit
12-15-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm loving HBK's massive push lately. He's in great shape and performing just as great.

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm tellin ya Shawn Michaels is the MVP of wrestling right now!

Kenny
12-15-2003, 10:29 PM
So here's John Heningnningington right..... so where's little Johnny? Did they scrap that idea too?

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:29 PM
rico must have some big balls and be very comfortable with his sexuality to be doing this gimmick...i mean his thong was the pushing point.

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:34 PM
the only good thing about rico is jackie

PoisonIvy
12-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Rico is da man. :rant:

Kenny
12-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Kane's new entrance is pretty cool... a lot more fire.

Anybody Thrilla
12-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Big deal she missed a moonsault. She hasn't botched that many moves lately. It's just now every time a wrestler bothces a move you have a story posted on every wrestling site and 10,000 post about it with people saying how much you suck while getting ready to go to work at Burger King.

Lita will get back in the game, she's already there in my opinion. She's really no worse than a lot of the other women in the WWE. Everyone was cheering for Molly but the only things I see out of Molly I like are the Molly-go-round and the handspring elbow in the corner.

Not taking anything away from Molly but shit, give these people a break.

The moonsault didn't spawn this, I've never liked Lita. I think that her style is sloppy, and she botches quite a few moves from what I've seen. As far as "giving her a breaK" goes, why should I? She's an entertainer. I don't owe her anything. I'm not saying she owes me anything either, but for the job that she does, I don't think she's very good at it.

And I don't work at Burger King.

Kenny
12-15-2003, 10:44 PM
There's a sign there that says "Kane Killed My Dog".. I thought that was pretty funny.

Anybody Thrilla
12-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Doesn't Christian look like that dude on The OC?

Kane Knight
12-15-2003, 10:52 PM
I like the way they're setting Orton up here.

Deceit
12-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Talking about a megapush, jesus, title shot! yes!

Kenny
12-15-2003, 10:57 PM
I don't know... I'm glad to see HBK vs HHH in San Antonio but... eh... haven't we seen this before?

Guy pins Triple H fairly in Tag Match, to soon face Triple H for title in title match, only to be screwed.

Remember back at the Royal Rumble of 1997... I believe it was. HBK wins the title from Sid in San Antonio... f*ckin' awesome moment.

Also with HBK finding his faith and preaching about more than just himself... a guy like him could use the top spot for a while. **** Triple H and his bosses daugther banin', over-privilaged ass. I just hope they don't f*ck over a guy like HBK in his home town.

Kenny
12-15-2003, 11:00 PM
I bet he comes out as Mankind or something.

Kenny
12-15-2003, 11:02 PM
??? What the **** is this shit?

Deceit
12-15-2003, 11:03 PM
what in the

Kenny
12-15-2003, 11:03 PM
That was without a doubt the most disappointing end to a show I've ever ****in' seen. Just when I think I like a show they pull something like that off.

Head
12-15-2003, 11:04 PM
This looks like it could turn intresting.

asphyXy
<font color=969696>That's what I was thinking.

That was anticlimatic.</font>

Head
What I was thinking.

6to1
12-15-2003, 11:05 PM
what just hapened hype a match that dose'nt hapen.

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 11:06 PM
I think its interesting that he walked out like that. BECAUSE it would be anticlimatic if he would just come on Raw and have his big return match with no build up. The guys nervous, he doesn't want to ruin his legacy.

TazroK
12-15-2003, 11:08 PM
You guys actually thought this match was going to take place? coughmoronscough

Volchok
12-15-2003, 11:08 PM
WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Tell me Foley did not just walk out on his match...Tell me he did not just do that... Foley has always been one of the greats... and he walks out! WWE bookers just killed what was left of the legend the man we call " Mankind " Mick Foley... WWE better come up with somthing good next week... because as of right now... tonights Raw sucked... the only good thing was Jericho's face turn... :y: :yes: but tonight we say Jericho get his ass kicked... :shifty: and Foley walk out on a match... :mad: :n: WWE is confusing me... :rant: STOP IT VINCE!... on a side note... trish turned down Jericho AGAIN! thats 2 damn weeks in a row.. poor Jericho :'( :(

Head
12-15-2003, 11:09 PM
The WWE better pull one hell of a gppd angle out of this.

Jordan
12-15-2003, 11:09 PM
I hope this means Foley v.s Orton at WM or RR one... Personally I would like to see Rock and Foley go againts Triple H and Orton at RR, then have them have individual matches at WM.

Head
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
You guys actually thought this match was going to take place? coughmoronscoughDon't know if I expected a real, full length match to take place. Wouldn't have suprised me if some kinda screwjob happened right away or somthing, but you can't tell me you expected what happened to happen.

Jordan
12-15-2003, 11:12 PM
Also, I thought Foley was gonna get some wepons when he went backstage, oh well. LOL and what happend to all the people that were backstage they all just left lol.

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 11:13 PM
In my opinion it was a fairly good Raw. Maybe not as explosive as the past 3 or 4 Raw's but it certainly ranks up there. Shawn Michaels & RVD vs Evolution match was pretty hot. The tease Mick Foley match was good as well. It was emotional because you know the guy has got to be very nervous. Although, it should lead to a Wrestle Mania match down the line, which is kick ass.

Match of the night:
Shawn Michaels & Rob Van Dam .vs. Triple H, Ric Flair & Batista

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 11:15 PM
I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY ONE MORE TIME THAT RAW WAS EXCITING TONIGHT!!!

Kane Knight
12-15-2003, 11:22 PM
I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY ONE MORE TIME THAT RAW WAS EXCITING TONIGHT!!!

I'll second that. Except the end left me so disappointed, it may overshadow the rest of the night.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Am I the only person here who actually liked the ending? And I mean fact is, WWE did the best thing they could do (after the match had been booked anyway, which shouldn't have happened.). They couldnt have Mick go over Randy, that would hurt him, and fact is if Randy went over Mick people would have still been dissapointed.

Loose Cannon
12-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Also, I thought Foley was gonna get some wepons when he went backstage, oh well. LOL and what happend to all the people that were backstage they all just left lol.

Same here, as I thought when Foley went into his lockeroom, he would come back out as Cactus Jack or something.

Loose Cannon
12-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Am I the only person here who actually liked the ending? And I mean fact is, WWE did the best thing they could do (after the match had been booked anyway, which shouldn't have happened.). They couldnt have Mick go over Randy, that would hurt him, and fact is if Randy went over Mick people would have still been dissapointed.

Nope, it was a great ending IMO. It probably pissed off half the audience there, but it builds suspense. And suspense is a good thing......But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. :y:

Jordan
12-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Well, it was a good ending, left us hanging it could have been better, but storyline wise it was good.

Kane Knight
12-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Nope, it was a great ending IMO. It probably pissed off half the audience there, but it builds suspense. And suspense is a good thing......But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. :y:

See, this may just be me, but I'm not thinking "what happens next?" I'm thinking "That was a boring ending. I'd have been better off catching the beginning of the Futurama rerun. :|"

Stickman
12-15-2003, 11:41 PM
I would be pissed if I was in the audience. A show with no main event always sucks.

krakker818
12-15-2003, 11:43 PM
to me it seems like the wwe is going back to their old ways. instead of ending the show they make suspense for next week....that's how it always used to be, it would end with something confusing so you would watch next week to see what happened...they stopped doing that for a while and it blew...

Loose Cannon
12-15-2003, 11:43 PM
I would be pissed if I was in the audience. A show with no main event always sucks.

Yeah, but ALL TOGETHER IT WAS AN eXCELLENT SHOW, at least for me.

The CyNick
12-16-2003, 12:24 AM
WCW used to use bait and switch in their booking every other week on Nitro. At first it was okay, and people were forgiving but when its done over and over, people get pissed and they stop watching, and eventually you go out of business.

Now, I'm not saying the WWE will go out of business because of this Foley fiasco, but its always a bad idea in this reporters opinion to use bait and switch, because eventually people stop biting on the bait. When you add that to the fact that they continue to kill stipulations by reversing everything they do, I think the WWE is headed in a bad direction.

With all that said, and this may sound like double talk, but I actually was glad Foley didn't wrestle. Personally I would have never teased the match for 90 minutes if I didn't plan on delivering. They could have run the same angle in one segment, and not fool the people. I mean I was sitting there during the whole show going to myself 'are they really this stupid to not only give away Foley's in-ring return on TV, but not even bother to hype it to get a decent rating?'. Turns out they are not that dumb, but they made the dumb mistake of lying to their audience by not delivering on a major match. The good thing is that now Foley has an angle to come back to (the whole 'do I still have what it takes' deal), but I fear that they will also be stupid and have Foley beat Orton, which would be suicide.

As for HBK, meh, they're going to be in San Antonio, and I guess they figure they need a World title match on TV, so why not go with HBK, who at least will get a good match out of HHH. Plus with the hometown crowd, its likely to have a ton of heat, and possibly sell a few more tix. Problem is that this is another example of the wrong people being pushed. Why not give RVD or Booker T that spot? Why dont they ever get back to back wins over top guys? Well I know the answer, but its still wrong to push a guy who is past his prime (albeit still entertaining) and good friends with the boss. Ive said this before but guys like HBK and Taker and others need to put out to pasture not the featured stars of the show. Assuming of course the WWE wants to be successful in the future.

I liked the Jericho stuff, its the best angle they have going on either program right now.

On the other hand the WWE's policy of ignoring stips seems to be continuing with Austin's pending return in two weeks. Although as I mentioned before the show, it was smart to announce tonight that he will be coming back, even if its a slap in the face to loyal paying customers.

I liked the Goldberg spot, that was a good way to give him his time off he needs to work dates in Japan. It'll be interesting to see if they go with the SD vs RAW matches idea, or use this as a way to move Goldberg over to SD, and maybe UT over to RAW. Ive said in the past I think they should keep the RAW vs SD matches idea, but I guess we'll see.

Six man tag match was pretty good, whats with Flair and the ropes?

Heindenreich is hopefully getting kicked off TV, and how uncredible did JR sound trying to put over "Big John" as having potential. I nearly pissed my pants laughing at that one. Who else thinks Rico is now getting a huge push.........was that crickets?........was that tumbleweed?

Jericho-Kane served no purpose to me. I thought they should have had Jericho get hurt in the match and then have Trish maybe not go to his side, but like ask someone if he's okay to show some concern and that she still cares about him. But whatever, the match itself and the outcome just seemed to serve no real purpose.

Booker T gets a win which I guess is good, looks like he's headed for another main event run..........damn, more tumbleweed.

Its tough to rate this show. I liked the first 80 minutes or so, then the show took a major dive, and the main event, while making sense in terms of a future storyline and leaving people wanting to see what happens next, really left a sour taste in my mouth, and I'm sure a lot of other people as well who invested time in the show thinking they would see Foley's return.

Corkscrewed
12-16-2003, 12:45 AM
I'm once again hooked on the Jericho/Trish angle, which is the best thing on Raw right now.

Mick Foley walking out? Well, it's not like fans knew about the match before the show. They didn't pay to see that match, so it's not like they wasted the money. Lack of a main event sucks, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait till next week to see where this leads to.

So Raw was decent, but not much more.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 01:02 AM
I totally agree that Foley shouldn't have wrestled tonight. That didn't make me happy with him being hyped to wrestle and then not wrestling. Foley's return/last run shouldn't be an unadvertised Main Event on Raw IMO, but I really didn't like the anticlimactic nature of the "Main Event" as it occurred.

So no, I didn't expect him to wrestle, but I also didn't expect them to disappoint me this bad.

The CyNick
12-16-2003, 01:11 AM
I totally agree that Foley shouldn't have wrestled tonight. That didn't make me happy with him being hyped to wrestle and then not wrestling. Foley's return/last run shouldn't be an unadvertised Main Event on Raw IMO, but I really didn't like the anticlimactic nature of the "Main Event" as it occurred.

So no, I didn't expect him to wrestle, but I also didn't expect them to disappoint me this bad.

Yeah see thats the problem, they painted themsleves into a corner by creating a no win situation.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 01:16 AM
I liked many parts of Raw though. The Jericho/Trish angle's cool, and I HOPE that Jericho being squashed by Kane goes somewhere. I mean, to some extent it makes sense (Jericho crosses the boss, being pissed at Trish), but it seemed to go nowhere after, as Nick has pointed out.

As boring as HHH is, I enjoyed the Handicap match. I'm a fan of three of the competitors, and Flair was great in his prime, though he's gotten less great with time. La Rés/Goldberg annoyed the fu</>ck out of me, though the supsension of Goldberg was a plus. However, I'm sick of this penis-envy flag waving. Both sides. It's annoying the Hell out of me. Seriously, blindly supporting anyone who waves the flag is as Un-Patriotic as you can get, which makes Ross very Anti-American. I can't stand watching these guys hate on America with their unpatriotic acts every week. If our founding fathers had their heads this far up their homeland's ass, we'd still be raising the Union Jack. But enough of my political rant...

I also liked Cole getting his ass kicked. Much as I like him, there's nothing more satisfying then watching a cocky bastard get hsi ass kicked after shooting off his mouth.

What happened to Lance/Venis and The Hurricane? They were there for about 2 seconds this week.

Of course, as I said before, I liked the way Bisch got Orton pumped. It made for a great segway for him to go on to bigger things. Now, if only that actually happens, and is done well. We can hope.

If I ignore the "main event," I could easily say this was one of the best Raws in a while. Too bad I can't ignore it, so it kinda levels out. I'm just not as enthusiastic about seeing next Raw because of that ending, after the hype. I'll admit, they sruprised me, but I wasn't surprised in a good fashion.

Vega
12-16-2003, 02:42 AM
I bet Foley's excuse will be that it didn't seem right, and that he will make his return to the ring at Wrestlemania.

Anybody Thrilla
12-16-2003, 03:14 AM
I don't understand why some of your are so flabberghasted. I thought the show was solid from the beginning to the end. You KNOW you're gonna watch next week to see why the hell Foley did that, and that was precisely the WWE's plan. And no main event? What do you call that handicap match? That was main even caliber if I've ever seen, even though it wasn't at the end of the card. They may have even had another match after they went off the air, who knows? Anyway, I thought the show was awesome tonight, and so was the ending.

#1-norm-fan
12-16-2003, 03:44 AM
Good Raw, good ending. It was... different.

Cactus Sid
12-16-2003, 07:50 AM
First thing, to the person who was saying about Goldberg suspended for 30 days.... he has Japanese commitments to adhere too.

Secondly, I honestly believe that Michaels is gonna win the belt.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 09:28 AM
I don't understand why some of your are so flabberghasted. I thought the show was solid from the beginning to the end. You KNOW you're gonna watch next week to see why the hell Foley did that, and that was precisely the WWE's plan.

You know, I think I've already said the EXACT OPPOSITE. Shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

Anybody Thrilla
12-16-2003, 11:17 AM
You know, I think I've already said the EXACT OPPOSITE. Shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

Why does that mean I don't know what I'm talking about? I was simply discussing, as one may be inclined to do on a discussion board. I didn't think it would offend anybody. It was just my opinion.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
12-16-2003, 11:43 AM
Why does that mean I don't know what I'm talking about? I was simply discussing, as one may be inclined to do on a discussion board. I didn't think it would offend anybody. It was just my opinion.
Woah if you don't agree with KK you know you must be wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. :roll:

Loose Cannon
12-16-2003, 11:53 AM
First thing, to the person who was saying about Goldberg suspended for 30 days.... he has Japanese commitments to adhere too.

Secondly, I honestly believe that Michaels is gonna win the belt.

I don't know if he'll win the belt on Raw, but I do see Trips dropping the title very quickly to set up the Evolution split storyline.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 11:54 AM

You're telling other people what they are thinking and doing. That's not discussion, it's dictation.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Woah if you don't agree with KK you know you must be wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. :roll:

You obviously missed the point, if that's what you believe. On the other hand, when have you let ignorance stop you from bitching? After all, you were the fu</>ckwit who tried to get Mikey banned for daring to *GASP* Post WRESTLING NEWS!
:lol:

Danny Electric
12-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Or he could say that he walked out because he knew he'd risk his life if he wrestled again because the doctors told him not too and he didn't want to put his family through the agony of an other match.
Then he could say that he has someone to replace him and out comes the Rock making Orton v Rock at the Rumble.

Loose Cannon
12-16-2003, 12:05 PM
I really hope Orton does not fight someone like the Rock or Foley at any PPV, cause knowing the WWE, they will put Rock or Foley over Orton, which would be the worst thing they could do right now. Orton Should not be doing any jobs right now and should hold on to the I.C. title for a while.

Danny Electric
12-16-2003, 12:10 PM
I really hope Orton does not fight someone like the Rock or Foley at any PPV, cause knowing the WWE, they will put Rock or Foley over Orton, which would be the worst thing they could do right now. Orton Should not be doing any jobs right now and should hold on to the I.C. title for a while.

I see Orton going over the Rock at the Rumble and then getting more of an attitude and starting to say he's better than Triple H and acting bigger than him. Which could lead to the splitting up of Evolution?
I thought the Rock said that he was coming back to put over some of the younger guys?

Loose Cannon
12-16-2003, 12:12 PM
I see Orton going over the Rock at the Rumble and then getting more of an attitude and starting to say he's better than Triple H and acting bigger than him. Which could lead to the splitting up of Evolution?
I thought the Rock said that he was coming back to put over some of the younger guys?

Hey if that happens, then I'm all for the match :y: :y:

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 12:14 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Foley go over Orton on TV, only to get put down by Orton at WM XX. That's just my personal preference. Foley could have a brief return/final run deal (Pleases the Foley Marks), but then put over Orton in a big event (Please the Orton Marks and the Smarts.).

Popojiju
12-16-2003, 12:29 PM
It's a damn shame that RAW is going to be an anniversary show next week. Now we won't even get to see what happens next with all this Foley stuff for atleast 2 weeks. What a way to put suspence into a show, I think it sucks that we have to wait that long to find out what's really going on with Foley. Mick said that in 2 weeks he will meet with the board of directors and talk about Steve returning. How Foley's leaving RAW and losing his position and then getting Austin back on RAW will play out is anyone's guess.

The CyNick
12-16-2003, 01:26 PM
It's a damn shame that RAW is going to be an anniversary show next week. Now we won't even get to see what happens next with all this Foley stuff for atleast 2 weeks. What a way to put suspence into a show, I think it sucks that we have to wait that long to find out what's really going on with Foley. Mick said that in 2 weeks he will meet with the board of directors and talk about Steve returning. How Foley's leaving RAW and losing his position and then getting Austin back on RAW will play out is anyone's guess.

The way I see it, the BOD will likely allow Austin to return, but not as GM, he will probably return in some capacity like 'head of security', or 'head of fair and even justice', some role where he can stun the whole roster whenever he wants. His ability to get physical will likely lead to a match with someone at Mania.

As for Foley, I think they could go with a combination of things. First, I think he questions his own abilities 4 years removed from the ring. And secondly, and this could be more interesting has to do with his promo with HBK. In it HBK said that the WWE is like a mob, you never leave (which is true as a shoot). But for Foley that could be scary because he has a family that he likes hanging out with and he's worried if he wrestles again it will engulf him and he will be back on a full time basis and that would keep his away from his family. So for him getting back in the ring is kinda like a heroin addict considering taking another hit after being clean for an extended period of time.

StoneColdStunner
12-16-2003, 02:12 PM
The only good thing that happend on RAW is that Goldberg isnt on TV 30 days, way to go Bisschoff :y: .
It was a medium show, because i really have seen better.
Anyway hope that things will change soon :shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
12-16-2003, 03:05 PM
You're telling other people what they are thinking and doing. That's not discussion, it's dictation.

I really don't recall telling anybody anything other than what I thought of the show. I apologize to anybody thinking that what I was doing was dictation, but I fail to see it.

Jason_Hawk
12-16-2003, 04:03 PM
all i have to say is that the WWE better have one hell of a storyline to back this up, because having Mick Foley, the man who doesn't know the word quit walk out of a match. Personally im in shock, my jaw dropped when he dropped his stuff and walked away.

But i do have to say that tribute video was pretty cool

ilt_undertaker
12-16-2003, 04:07 PM
You know what i found kinda funny about RAW? It's when Jericho got the ref to end the tag match. Think, remember when he was a heel, he couldnt even get a time-out? But now, he can get a match completely called off? Well, I laughed.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 04:38 PM
I really don't recall telling anybody anything other than what I thought of the show. I apologize to anybody thinking that what I was doing was dictation, but I fail to see it.

What was it you said..."You KNOW you're gonna..."

No I'm not...

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 05:52 PM
You KNOW you're gonna watch next week to see why the hell Foley did that, and that was precisely the WWE's plan.

I thought I'd eliminate the confusion.

I really don't recall telling anybody anything other than what I thought of the show.

So you didn't say, "You KNOW you're gonna watch next week to see why the hell Foley did that, and that was precisely the WWE's plan" in that statement? How is this your opinion of the show? Your opinion would be a statement such as "I'm definitely gonna tune in enxt week to see what happens," or "How could you NOT want to see next week to see what happens?" (Not directly an opinion, but a question indirectly stating your opinion), or such.

Since Raw next week is a best of, I won't be watching it anyways. But my likelyhood of tuning in for the next ACTUAL show slimmed with that ending. Your statement predetermines that the WWE's method was a success, when very clearly, a lot of people were pissed (and might not tune in). Maybe the end gave you a hardon, but you're not representative of the wrestling fanbase anymore than me, Dark_Kane, Corkscrewed or BDC.

Now if you want to state your opinion, feel free, as I will feel free to use my own opinion. That doesn't entail telling people what they're gonna do (E.G. You KNOW you're gonna go smoke a nice, fat cock after you finish reading this, Thrilla... ;) ), because that isn't opinion.

Savio
12-16-2003, 06:11 PM
I heard that sethpainie writes the most of the story lines now. I dont see why they made mick foley look like a coward. He better show up next week.........

Anybody Thrilla
12-16-2003, 06:43 PM
All right, fine, I said that, it was worded poorly. Just because I said something doesn't mean people are gonna do it anyway, and I hardly think anybody should be bothered by the fact that I even suggested that they would. The intent in the post was not ever to tell anybody what to do or to cause a blow up like this. I'm sorry. You're right. Is that what you want to hear? Good job, or whatever. I think there are better ways to state your discontent than to try and belittle me, though. It was a spur of the moment post. It's not like I sat there and thought about some fabulous formation of words to try and impress you and the truly great like you. I didn't know that we were being graded here. I'm sure you've said some things that didn't come out the way that you wanted them to. Forgive me for being human.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 08:45 PM
All right, fine, I said that, it was worded poorly. Just because I said something doesn't mean people are gonna do it anyway, and I hardly think anybody should be bothered by the fact that I even suggested that they would. The intent in the post was not ever to tell anybody what to do or to cause a blow up like this. I'm sorry. You're right. Is that what you want to hear? Good job, or whatever. I think there are better ways to state your discontent than to try and belittle me, though. It was a spur of the moment post. It's not like I sat there and thought about some fabulous formation of words to try and impress you and the truly great like you. I didn't know that we were being graded here. I'm sure you've said some things that didn't come out the way that you wanted them to. Forgive me for being human.

Pass me a hanky, you're breaking my heart.

Fox
12-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Kane Knight, why the **** do you have to turn every topic into one of your stupid little bitch fights? Get a life already, dude. You have nothing to prove to anyone.

Kane Knight
12-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Kane Knight, why the **** do you have to turn every topic into one of your stupid little bitch fights? Get a life already, dude. You have nothing to prove to anyone.

And who are you and why do I care about your little bitchfest?

jaleman
12-17-2003, 12:13 AM
And who are you and why do I care about your little bitchfest?

Kane Knight doesn't have time for arguments, when he has meat pipes to swallow.

I thought the ending to the show was good. RAW and SMACKDOWN has been terrible for a while now and they are trying some good ol' fashioned (aka couple of years ago) storyline developing.

Kane Knight
12-17-2003, 01:03 AM
Kane Knight doesn't have time for arguments, when he has meat pipes to swallow.

Oh look. A gay joke. I'm hurt. Really. :|

jaleman
12-18-2003, 07:39 PM
It's not a 'joke' when it's the truth. Poor Kane Knight does not understand siimple concepts. haha

Anyway, WWE needs to go back to doing more storylines. That's what people really want to see. Not shitty wrestlers like Goldberg and Kane.