PDA

View Full Version : Is WWE for kids again?

Zeeboe
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
This is just an observation I've noticed in watching the product again for the past few weeks: It seems like there's a lot more children and families at the shows, there's that WWE kid website, the wrestlers don't swear as much, and then when the wrestlers come out, you can actually hear very young people cheering, and the shows are not nearly as perverted as it use to be. Also, just in my day-to-day life, I've noticed a lot more grade schoolers wearing wrestling t-shirts. For a good while, I rarely saw that.

kareru
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
wwe is for moronic kids that think that john cena is the strongest man ever

also i head an ' oh my gosh' chant instead of the world renowned 'holy shit' at anarcy rulez ...erm i mean extreme rulez

Zeeboe
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I think it's great. I'm glad kids get to grow up with wrestling the same way I did, and even get to enjoy some of the same characters. (Ric Flair, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Goldust, and Jerry "The King" Lawler.)

kareru
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I think it's great. I'm glad kids get to grow up with wrestling the same way I did, and even get to enjoy some of the same characters. (Ric Flair, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Goldust, and Jerry "The King" Lawler.)

yeah but in our day the wwf wrestlers were allowed to do piledrivers

DAMN iNATOR
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/em1dQ68DuZU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/em1dQ68DuZU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome song.

Zeeboe
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I think what happened was, our generation watched wrestling, then we became teenagers & college students, & in order to keep us around, McMahon created "Attitude". However, in due time, we got even older, & a lot of us outgrow wrestling, & stopped watching, & the product went through some tough times, so McMahon had no choice but to start entertaining a whole new generation.

The Fonz
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
It was always for kids. Its just a different time now, economy, standards on tv and all.

The Gold Standard
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/em1dQ68DuZU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/em1dQ68DuZU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome song.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zeeboe
06-10-2009, 06:07 PM
You really think the following was for kids, Fonz? :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ow5ifBPCfw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ow5ifBPCfw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Batista03
06-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I miss all of the puppy name calling and real ass kickings. Even as a kid I loved watching the women and blood. Hell, kids these days see stuff in video games that would make the WWE look like Barney. You have kids from 8 and up playing GTA and Halo and the parents are the ones buying it for them; but they want to edit the shows. It just doesnt add up imo.

parkmania
06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
It's called responsibility. Too many people feel they don't have to have it.

Rammsteinmad
06-11-2009, 02:44 AM
I love how it's all about kids, they can't have blood or sexy divas etc, and then Goldust comes out on PPV and yells "you smell like shit!".

I heard that and burst out laughing.

Dave Youell
06-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Remember this a company that had 2 cases of a Man beating up a Women

An introduction of a fairly savage move that can be done by anyone in there home (Punt to the head)

Cruelity to animals (That pig pen match thing, felt sorry for the swines)

Excessive bleeding (Flair last week)

Making fun of people with Tourettes, and whatever Festus is meant to be

Attempted Murder (several accounts against Jeff Hardy)

And that's recently, just off the top of my head.

So calling it totally kid friendly is a tad much

RVDmark
06-11-2009, 04:20 AM

I thought that, until I realised that those pigs were getting a night on TV before they are housed in cramped conditions, fed up on synthetic proteins, and slaughtered. Next to that, the Hog Pen match seemed ok.

Dave Youell
06-11-2009, 04:23 AM
fed up on synthetic proteins, and slaughtered.
Sounds like alot of the previous roster, perhaps there should be some sort of wellness policy for pigs

The Pope
06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
oh my gosh john cena is the strongest man ever

kareru
06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
if its not for kids then who is it for?
what is it for?
who am i?
what am i?
am i the wwe that has acumilated into a mortal entity?

all these questions will be answered on the next episode of raw is war

Zeeboe
06-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I think WWE started out as a family show when McMahon first took over, then in order to keep up with WCW and ECW, and keep those kids who turned into teenagers to keep watching WWE, and not convert to the more adult-themed ECW, or to the stable of immature, overgrown, teenaged rebels in the nWo, Vince had to create attitude, and aimed the product towards teens and adults.

Now that there's no one to compete with Vince, he's not working as hard, and is actually trying to offer something for everyone. From kids, to teens, to adults. Which I think is the main problem. :y:

Volare
06-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Then make a brand for kids and the rest for us that give a damn!

Stickman
06-13-2009, 02:27 AM
I think so, it's really lost it's edge.

Kane Knight
06-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Remember this a company that had 2 cases of a Man beating up a Women

An introduction of a fairly savage move that can be done by anyone in there home (Punt to the head)

Excessive bleeding (Flair last week)

Making fun of people with Tourettes, and whatever Festus is meant to be

Attempted Murder (several accounts against Jeff Hardy)

And that's recently, just off the top of my head.

So calling it totally kid friendly is a tad much

You'll see half of that in kid's shows.

Granted, between the blood and the whores, it cracks me up that they're pushing the kiddy angle so damn hard, but....