PDA

View Full Version : Umpire Ejects Crowd

Brujesino
06-13-2009, 08:14 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9677806/Umpire-ejects-entire-crowd-during-baseball-game

WEST BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) - An umpire has emptied the stands at a high school baseball game, ejecting the entire crowd of more than 100 fans for being unruly.

Umpire Don Briggs said he had no problem with any of the student athletes during Thursday's game between Winfield-Mount Union and West Burlington.

He said he had to take action because fans were being unruly, yelling and arguing, and called police as a precaution.

However, West Burlington superintendent James Sleister said he didn't see any unusual behavior and said he thought the umpire overreacted.

The game resumed after a 40-minute delay. West Burlington won 12-11.

power:lol:

DAMN iNATOR
06-14-2009, 02:17 AM
I would have remained seated.:y::yes:

The ump needs to know that he can't control a crowd, much less toss out patrons, whether or not they had to pay for seats.

Jeritron
06-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Still waiting for a game where the ump throws himself out of a game and goes to buy a hot dog

The Gold Standard
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
I heard about this and couldn't stop laughing.

I wonder what was said.

toxic rooster
06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Still waiting for a game where the ump throws himself out of a game and goes to buy a hot dog

Sorta happened in the Naked Gun. The umpire was arguing about a call with Leslie Nielsen, and he ejected him :lol:!!!

Stickman
06-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Apparently this isn't all that uncommon. I mentioned this story to a friend who plays softball and she said she's seen it happen at least 5 times.

WestNZ
06-30-2009, 04:32 PM

i was watchiing a game a few years back between two teams in Auckland, and one umpire threw another, thats about the closest i have seen to that.

DAMN iNATOR
07-04-2009, 05:14 AM
i was watchiing a game a few years back between two teams in Auckland, and one umpire threw another, thats about the closest i have seen to that.

I assume it must have been the head umpire ejecting the field umpire then? Because that would be a hella usurping of the head ump's powers if it was the field umpire tossing the home plate umpire...don't know if the field ump could even do that and get away with it w/o some sort of disciplinary action himself, unless the head ump was clearly out of line.

But I'd like to see a scenario where a GM or Owner tosses the ump, or maybe even the commissioner...

jerichoholicninja
07-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I would have remained seated.:y::yes:

The ump needs to know that he can't control a crowd, much less toss out patrons, whether or not they had to pay for seats.

Once the game starts. The umpire has authority over everyone at the park. Players, fans, or workers. Anyone in his ear shot is fair game for ejection.

DAMN iNATOR
07-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Once the game starts. The umpire has authority over everyone at the park. Players, fans, or workers. Anyone in his ear shot is fair game for ejection.

Fuck the ump. Especially if I paid to get in. I'm not leaving. I would seriously have to be dragged out by authorities if it really came down to that, which I think would be pretty childish on the ump's part.

WestNZ
07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I assume it must have been the head umpire ejecting the field umpire then? Because that would be a hella usurping of the head ump's powers if it was the field umpire tossing the home plate umpire...don't know if the field ump could even do that and get away with it w/o some sort of disciplinary action himself, unless the head ump was clearly out of line.

It was the Home plate ump throwing the 3B ump for interference. Tripped up a few players as they were rounding the bases and refused to leave when asked nicly to do so, so the home plate ump really embarrassed him by throwing him.